Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why will the dinar RV?

cooked

How about some fact or at least good logic based reasons to believe we will see a significant rise in the value of the dinar. Also don't say it won't just because it never has before, or don't say it won't because it can't. I know there are some well informed members here. I personally feel it must rise for reasons I cannot explain but believe strong enough to stay till the bitter end. So please tell me why I can remain confident in this endeavor.

• Upvote 6

i think they have wealth out side of everyday life selling food , clothing, housewares . cars .. boats .. heavy equipment ect. .. they have millions of buildings ,homes stadiums .. ports air and sea ports .. a highway system .. and oil infrastructur . agriculture .. textile , schools .. .. you get my drift .. they have acumulated wealth over the past 10,000 years .. right now the wealth is represented by what ? ...only 67 billion dollars worth of dinars .. ?

i believe all their wealth needs to be represented .. i think everything wil have a value added to it ,, and dont think they will do that by adding more bremmers worth 1166 per dollar .. i believe that is included as a stand by agreement ,, and does not cover their entirity of wealth , but only a small portion of the wealth they generated over the last 10 years ..

iraqs wealth i believe in square miles of oil rich real estate .and centurys worth of accumulated weath will be tallied up and given a value far beyond the 67 billion dolars in dinars at the cbi .. .. bagdad alone with out the oil fields is worth more than 67 billion dollars worth of dinars by far .

i cant write a book on the subject. but in a nut shell , the dinar they presently have doesnt represent its accumulated wealth

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

How about some fact or at least good logic based reasons to believe we will see a significant rise in the value of the dinar. Also don't say it won't just because it never has before, or don't say it won't because it can't. I know there are some well informed members here. I personally feel it must rise for reasons I cannot explain but believe strong enough to stay till the bitter end. So please tell me why I can remain confident in this endeavor.

I've said this in pieces in many posts - the main reasons in my eyes are these: the intl. bankers, the World Bank, IMF etc are "owned" by the US as they have appointed, or had a strong hand appointing their leaders. I think they have strong influence on this. The GOI, if they are in control, want to see their currency go up and make money. All interested parties that could possibly have a strong hand in this would like this to happen. I think the US government is looking for payback after a trillion dollar investment. Hell, Exxon is already benefiting from the invasion by US troops. Why wouldn't the gov't and the American people? They would not have had drilling rights under Saddam. The dinar can't stay in this artificial depression forever. Rates in other countries nearby range from .25 to more than 3 dollars. It is an artificial rate held by the UN, IMF etc. and when they release it, it will be like a spring being let loose. Any LOPsters telling us the "street value" is less than the CBI rate now may be technically true, but that would all change drastically if Iraq declared the IQD to be equal to a dollar. With all Iraq's resources, strategic and otherwise, and its burgeoning oil infrastructure, a reinstatement of the dinar is not a pie-in-the-sky dream. I would argue it is necessary - if they want their own currency. Pride might factor in.

It could LOP, but I don't see it happening, if it has not happened already. An LOP would not make Iraqis happy - they are already protesting and have been very unhappy for years. The GOI might risk revolution if they take off the three zeros, even though it is technically revenue neutral.

In the changeover from Saddam to Bremer dinar, why would the new IQD take on the old problem of hyperinflation from war spending by Saddam when they changed over to a new, high-security, future-looking currency? Are we all so sure those trillions were evenly exchanged? A war, a new hi-tech currency, a new government mean a new beginning, not continuing the old problems of the past. And for them to now throw that new currency out that they printed at such expense, especially since it hasn't been used much anyway as they use the dollar much more, and introduce a totally new currency, is not very logical. If they were to LOP, why hasn't it happened already? It is not a grand undertaking - just inform the people and do it. Why all this build up, getting Iraq's debt taken care of, building up CBI reserves and the banking and oil economies, all this political wrangling for years, educating people on upcoming changes, all the foreign debt that has been forgiven by other countries, all the work they are doing tying up loose ends after the war with the UN and Kuwait, not to mention our own UST sanctioning the selling of dinar here in the US? Does all this point to an RD? All of that is NOT NECESSARILY a prerequisite for an RD. But all of this is is necessary for a reinstatement or revaluation of the dinar.

I don't think they will float it up - they will declare a new rate one fine morning that would preclude a huge rush on dinar, but still come out high enough for them to do profitable business with their neighbors and the world as a tradeable currency and de-dollarize Iraq. The world will either accept or reject the rate and it will destabilize their economy. I suspect they will accept it gladly - for their future prospects are wealth creation and one of the most rapidly growing economies on the planet.

Edited by hame55
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

if the us govt destroys our dollar in the us . do ya think the united states would have no value after that ?

all the homes , schools .. ports .. would have no value ?

do you think our new currency would only be worth what we accumulate from that point forward? if you sold your home it would be worth nothing ?.. your tools ,, cars .. tractors ...worth nothing ..? they would attach a new value to currency so if you sold your tractor ,, or home you could get something for it .. .. . now if you had a swamp and thats all you had .. you would still have some wealth . but if you owned a university full of books .. it would be worth more than the swamp ..

iraq has highly valued real estate , artifacts . treasure . .. its worth something .. and needs to be represented as such

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

in 2003 iraq was handed 7 billion dollars worth of dinars .. 28 trillion dinars worth 4000 dinars per dollar .. the other 60 trillion dinars were generated since through oil sales ..

so that seven billion original dinars were only a tiny part of iraqs wealth that was seized from oil for food program and turned into a temporary local curency..

7 billion dollars worth of dinars does not represent all of iraqs accumulated wealth for the past 10,000 years .. the rest is yet to be accounted for

• Upvote 2

When they were placed under sanctions, the value of their currency went down. Hopefully, when they get out of Chapter 7, the value of their currency will go up again. They have jumped through so many hoops to get to where they are, now they just need to finish this.

• Upvote 2

When they were placed under sanctions, the value of their currency went down. Hopefully, when they get out of Chapter 7, the value of their currency will go up again. They have jumped through so many hoops to get to where they are, now they just need to finish this.

< Bill Clinton 1998 Iraq Liberation Act
  • Upvote 1

I've said this in pieces in many posts - the main reasons in my eyes are these: the intl. bankers, the World Bank, IMF etc are "owned" by the US as they have appointed, or had a strong hand appointing their leaders. I think they have strong influence on this. The GOI, if they are in control, want to see their currency go up and make money. All interested parties that could possibly have a strong hand in this would like this to happen. I think the US government is looking for payback after a trillion dollar investment. Hell, Exxon is already benefiting from the invasion by US troops. Why wouldn't the gov't and the American people? They would not have had drilling rights under Saddam. The dinar can't stay in this artificial depression forever. Rates in other countries nearby range from .25 to more than 3 dollars. It is an artificial rate held by the UN, IMF etc. and when they release it, it will be like a spring being let loose. Any LOPsters telling us the "street value" is less than the CBI rate now may be technically true, but that would all change drastically if Iraq declared the IQD to be equal to a dollar. With all Iraq's resources, strategic and otherwise, and its burgeoning oil infrastructure, a reinstatement of the dinar is not a pie-in-the-sky dream. I would argue it is necessary - if they want their own currency. Pride might factor in.

It could LOP, but I don't see it happening, if it has not happened already. An LOP would not make Iraqis happy - they are already protesting and have been very unhappy for years. The GOI might risk revolution if they take off the three zeros, even though it is technically revenue neutral.

In the changeover from Saddam to Bremer dinar, why would the new IQD take on the old problem of hyperinflation from war spending by Saddam when they changed over to a new, high-security, future-looking currency? Are we all so sure those trillions were evenly exchanged? A war, a new hi-tech currency, a new government mean a new beginning, not continuing the old problems of the past. And for them to now throw that new currency out that they printed at such expense, especially since it hasn't been used much anyway as they use the dollar much more, and introduce a totally new currency, is not very logical. If they were to LOP, why hasn't it happened already? It is not a grand undertaking - just inform the people and do it. Why all this build up, getting Iraq's debt taken care of, building up CBI reserves and the banking and oil economies, all this political wrangling for years, educating people on upcoming changes, all the foreign debt that has been forgiven by other countries, all the work they are doing tying up loose ends after the war with the UN and Kuwait, not to mention our own UST sanctioning the selling of dinar here in the US? Does all this point to an RD? All of that is NOT NECESSARILY a prerequisite for an RD. But all of this is is necessary for a reinstatement or revaluation of the dinar.

I don't think they will float it up - they will declare a new rate one fine morning that would preclude a huge rush on dinar, but still come out high enough for them to do profitable business with their neighbors and the world as a tradeable currency and de-dollarize Iraq. The world will either accept or reject the rate and it will destabilize their economy. I suspect they will accept it gladly - for their future prospects are wealth creation and one of the most rapidly growing economies on the planet.

Well and truly thought out. :tiphat:

• Upvote 2

I tried that too, they start foreclosure in 3 weeks.

Just kidding.tongue.gif

Ha funny. Speaking of foreclosure, back in '08 when Obummer was elected his followers were spewing that they were not going to have to pay their mortgages or any other debt for that matter. Foreclosure didn't apply to them! Ha those morons don't know what the word foreclosure is. This country is in sad shape, a banana republic. It will only get worse from here. Anyone with a brain better be planning to get a large % of their money out of USD and out of the country....Offshore!

• Upvote 2

If we look at the history since they introduced the new Iraqi dinar, the value has gone up pretty significantly already. Since than, it has hit a more stabilized point, and eventually the value should start rising again.

Once confidence and trust is gained with the dinar, the value itself should go up because of internal demand. A few issues need to be resolved prior to helping the trust & confidence increase such as a stabilized government with no political issues, an improved and prosperous private sector to help back demand, and banking sector reform to help ease cash and banking operations. The economy will have help growing with increase oil sales profits which will be funneled back into Iraq for public services. Their future seems bright and I believe the currency can reflect that. If they hold off on doing any sort of R/D (lop) than with a little patience we can see some returns on our speculation.

Iraq (Babylon) is a goldmine and will be the MECCA of wealth to ALL nations ask yourself why wouldnt the dinar increase on value? and why the hell would they want to LOP? They have options un like many other countries that have came out with a new currency code(ISO) Has Iraq came out with a new currency code? NOPE!!!

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

.. currency is only a way to trade without carrying around your property ..currency isnt gold ..or silver curency is a slip of paper that represents wealth .. goods and services .. right now theres not enough currency to back those transactions invested in homes real estate ,, goods and services..unless they take turns using the currency they have .. and all that currency was generated by oil sales .recently 60 out of 67 billion was just recently generated .. the old wealth never left iraq .. its just not covered by currency right now

thats like saying if you got robbed all your money ,, but you still owned a home and other goods and offered services , crafts skills and trades .. that you are broke and you couldnt get any thing for what you own .,.everything in iraq is owned and not backed by curency at this point ,, but will be backed by currency soon .. right after the reset ,, there will be plenty to go around

• Upvote 1

Iraq (Babylon) is a goldmine and will be the MECCA of wealth to ALL nations ask yourself why wouldnt the dinar increase on value? and why the hell would they want to LOP? They have options un like many other countries that have came out with a new currency code(ISO) Has Iraq came out with a new currency code? NOPE!!!

Indeed no ISO code mens an RD is not coming within a few months. Maybe it will be 2014, or 2015, or maybe never. But the case is not RD or RV. They very well might do nothing and leave the currency pretty much where it is. South Korea managed to grow their economy like gangbusters for 40 or 50 years with an exchange rate that has remained much like Iraq's.

Iraq can't back their currency with private property. Just saying.

Correct.

.. currency is only a way to trade without carrying around your property ..currency isnt gold ..or silver curency is a slip of paper that represents wealth .. goods and services .. right now theres not enough currency to back those transactions invested in homes real estate ,, goods and services..unless they take turns using the currency they have

They DO take turns. I buy something from you, you buy something from others, etc. What has the asset value of the country got to do with anything? M2 is related to GDP, not assets. The US has $200+T of public and private assets (hard number to estimate of course) but an M2 of only 8-10T and a GDP of 15T. Iraq has an M2 of around $65B USD and a GDP of $100B+ USD, so that size does not seem out of line. Assets (out side of CBI reserves) have nothing to do with it. The fact that the Iraqi economy is working shows M2 is not way out of line.

Edited by makecents
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1