Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Teacher Stomps on American Flag in Class

krome2ez

logo.png

Teacher Stomps on American Flag inside Classroom

Jan 9, 2013

By Todd Starnes

american-flag-2a2-55896_140x140.jpg

A South Carolina school district has launched an investigation into a high school teacher who allegedly threw an American flag on the floor and stomped on it as a classroom full of students watched.

Mark Bounds, a spokesman for the Lexington –Richland5 School District, confirmed to Fox News that an English teacher at Chapin High School was placed on leave as they investigate the incident.

“There were allegations that at a teacher took a flag down from the post in the classroom and stepped on that flag as part of the lesson,” Bounds said, indicating the act was repeated in several other classes. “It was not a spontaneous act, but one he worked into the lesson.”

He said there was “sufficient evidence that the teacher needed to be put on administrative leave and a full investigation needed to take place.”

Bounds said they could not provide additional information because it was a personnel matter – but he stressed that the school district took the matter extremely seriously.

“We have a very patriotic community with many military veterans,” he said. “Fort Jackson, the largest training base in the world is part of our community and you can see why this is especially important.”

Michael Copeland’s daughter was in the classroom when the incident occurred. He told television station WIS that the teacher’s actions were disrespectful and unpatriotic.

“He drew a couple of symbols, like one of them was a cross, and he said, ‘What does this represent’ and everybody said ‘Christianity,’” Copeland said. “Then he proceeds to take down the American flag and said, ‘This is a symbol, but it’s only a piece of cloth. It doesn’t mean anything,’ and then he throws it down on the floor and then stomps on it, repeatedly.”

Malcolm Kline, executive director of Accuracy in Academia, told Fox News he was impressed that the school district took action.

“I’m astounded by this,” said Kline, whose organization exposes political bias in public school classrooms. “What you usually hear is students suspended for actually wearing an American flag.”

“I would have expected something like that somewhere in the northeast rather than below the Mason-Dixon line,” he added.

Bounds, who served 20 years in the military, stressed the seriousness of the incident.

“So many of our veterans have made sacrifices for that flag,” he said. “We still have men and women deployed in service to our country and we do take this very seriously.”

“We want to make sure our classrooms are unbiased of teacher’s personal opinions,” he said. “By the same token we want to give the teacher every opportunity to demonstrate what was going on the classroom at that time.”

But the unidentified teacher does have some supporters.

“There are so few teachers in South Carolina willing to show students a broader perspective,” one person wrote on the local Patch website. “When we are lucky enough to have one, they should be supported, not undermined. Obviously the administration and parents need to sit in on the lesson and listen as well.”

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/teacher-stomps-on-american-flag-inside-classroom.html

• Upvote 4

***///***///***///

Another reason CIVICS should be re-introduced into the classroom.

We agree, firing is in order, though the teachers union & the ACLU

will rush to the idiot's defence in even shorter order. :angry:/>/>

We weep for our republic.

:eagle:/>/> :salute:/>/>

If the teacher is fired, will you weep for the First Amendment?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 14

***///

Possesing a complete lack of morality IS a firing offence!

Yeah, **** the Bill Of Rights. After all it's just a piece of paper, right?

Edited by Dinarkicker
language
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 13

If the teacher is fired, will you weep for the First Amendment?

Until marxists learn that First Amendment Rights are protected by the Second Amendment..., then fire th ***!! Meanwhile let's see what this marxist does with our rights to bear arms!!

Edited by Dinarkicker

Yeah,**** the Bill Of Rights. After all it's just a piece of paper, right?

We should just be able to burn crosses in certain people's front yard again and screaming "FIRE" in crowded movie theater's and display the Rebel flag on all southern buildings. To hell with people's feelings. Right?

Anti-American teachers don't belong in American schools.

Edited by Dinarkicker
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Well how bout we fire him/her for destruction of Gov property..............don't see that in the Bill of Rights-peace

I don't think "stomping" on a flag destroys the flag... nor what it stands for.

We should just be able to burn crosses in certain people's front yard again and screaming "FIRE" in crowded movie theater's and display the Rebel flag on all southern buildings. To hell with people's feelings. Right?

Anti-American teachers don't belong in American schools.

My southern "building" has the Confederate Battle Flag displayed in front of it, as well as my home in SE Asia.

As far as screaming "fire" in a theater and burning crosses in certain people's yards... maybe you should do some studying.

Edited by flatdawg
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

If I were in his class I would have told him that the flag symbolizes RESPECT for all those that made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom! Then I would beat him down, toss him the flag to wipe his bloody face and then ask him. " Do you understand now".

• Upvote 8

I don't think "stomping" on a flag destroys the flag... nor what it stands for.

I use to like reading your posts. I do not condone desecration of " any country's flag " I may despise certain cultures, but a countries flag has a tendency to rally them all... Canada, USA, Denmark, Saudi,...you get the picture. never, ever, talk down on a flag, as you sir/mam appear to have done.

Hate a people, never a flag, it only brings barrels of grief.

If that would of happened in Canada and my kid tackled the SOB before defiling our flag and protected the flag of Canada, he would have hundreds strong standing behind him in defense.

You deserve every red one you get !!! Bash away, I stand behind, in front of and beside every single word !!!!!

pp

• Upvote 9

Yeah, **** the Bill Of Rights. After all it's just a piece of paper, right?

Let me ask you, would you have the brass to go before the Duma building in Russia and burn their Constitution or flag...; or express yourself in the manner that you and your marxists friends do? I think not. Since you have that priviledge here in the US do it with some RESPECT. Thousands have died defending the freedom you and others have been given and continually make a mokery of! There's an old Greek saying," If you seek honey from a hornets nest then you must be foolish enough to stay and gather its 'fruit'." How long do you marxists think you can provoke the patriots of this country? UHMMMMMMM?

• Upvote 4

Let me ask you, would you have the brass to go before the Duma building in Russia and burn their Constitution or flag...; or express yourself in the manner that you and your marxists friends do? I think not. Since you have that priviledge here in the US do it with some RESPECT. Thousands have died defending the freedom you and others have been given and continually make a mokery of! There's an old Greek saying," If you seek honey from a hornets nest then you must be foolish enough to stay and gather its 'fruit'." How long do you marxists think you can provoke the patriots of this country? UHMMMMMMM?

Good comment " P " +1 for you. People have been , gassed, bombed, Imprisoned, beaten down, but what brings out the inner strength to fight back ???

The flag. If people want examples, there lots out there.

Never, ever, beat up a countries flag even if your in a battle with them. It drives adrenaline to the surface so that each man is now like fighting 10

JMHO

pp

• Upvote 2

Only a simple minded fool would confuse me with a Marxist. Shoe fit?

Did I say I'd do that? No.

Actually, I find what the teacher did to be in rather poor taste.

It's a matter of The First Amendment. Y'all have one of them up there?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Flatdawg, I think you are misunderstanding what the folks here on DV are tryin' to say.

This teacher is teaching a class of young students and is interjectin his personal beliefs (according to the 1st amendment.) about how he feels about OUR flag. This is a teacher that is not supposed to be teaching PERSONAL beliefs to OUR young, PERIOD!!! That same 1st amendment also affords my child to be able to pray in school......but ohhhh nooo, we can't have that, it's offends people!!!dry.gif OUR flag is a direct representative to OUR Constitution. How would you feel if this teacher stomped on the Constitution??? No difference huh???

• Upvote 3

The teacher has every right to do what he did under the First Ammendment. That being said he has to accept the consequences of his First Ammendment action also. For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. Stomp on the flag, get fired. Sounds appropriate to me.

• Upvote 3

I still look at it this way. If you don't like what our wonderful Country of the Great U.S. of A. stands for..., its a big world out there.., don't let the American foot kick you in the @$$ (actual I would enjoy that), just jump on a plane or ship and leave. We Americans are not making you stay here.

Oh, and that teacher was fired earlier today, yeah. Don't push your beliefs on our children and teach them what you think is right or wrong with anything, that's the parents responsibility.

• Upvote 1

then ya throw the teacher on the floor and stomp on his head and say ..its just a head ..

The teacher has every right to do what he did under the First Ammendment. That being said he has to accept the consequences of his First Ammendment action also. For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. Stomp on the flag, get fired. Sounds appropriate to me.

.. if the teacher wants at home .. with his own flag he can wipe his rear with it .. not on government property with government property showing children how to destroy public property .. .. those teachers have curiculum to follow .. they do not have a right to teach kids what ever they feel like teaching them ..he should be fired end of story .. and fined on top of that ,, and those students ned to be re educated who attended those classes .. maybe they can watch a utube or something showing that teacher getting his assssd kicked by a couple marines ..

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 3

As a veteran I strongly stand proud of having fought for the Red, White, and Blue. I will defend her to the death. This school teacher stepped over the line and deserves everything he gets: being fired , fined and if we still condoned this , tarred and feathered and run out of town on the rail. :butt-kicking::twocents::angry:

As a side note I was born in Canada and fought for the US of A as I am also and American and proud to be called a patriot.

• Upvote 3