Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Shabibi Will Return to Office if Absolved Elimination

Shelley

10/18/2012 12:00 am

BAGHDAD - morning

The government has confirmed it did not dismiss the central bank governor Sinan al-Shabibi from office, but was disqualified until the end of the judicial investigation, and that he will return to the exercise of his duties as soon as a decision by the Iraqi judiciary acquitted.

The legal advisor to the Prime Minister Fadel Mohammed Jawad's (Center Brief for the Iraqi Media Network), "The Council of Ministers has not dismissed Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi, but decided to withdraw his hand from the office and disqualified until the end of the interrogation, on charges against him of the Integrity Commission, regarding wasting of public money, along with 15 senior staff at the central bank. " Jawad noted that "the appointment of Abdel Basset file proxy, comes to keep the monetary institution of any economic problems of Iraq, and is not intended to dominate the bank." He Jawad that "Article 340 of the Penal Code to state employees for the year 1991, confirms the withdrawal of the hands of the employee in the event against him charges, that separates the judiciary against him," noting that "Shabibi that did not respond to the order of investigation issued by the Integrity Commission, will prepare disconnected from his job ". For his part, stressed member of the parliamentary fact-finding committee, which was formed to investigate the dealings of the Central Bank of Iraq MP Haider al-Abadi, Wednesday, on the importance of assigning Cabinet alternative proxy for former central bank governor Sinan al-Shabibi. The Cabinet had yesterday voted first on the prime BSA Abdul Basit Turki, the management of the central bank acting, instead of the former governor Sinan al-Shabibi.

http://translate.google.com/translate?langpair=auto|en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alsabaah.com%2FArticleShow.aspx%3FID%3D37402

--

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the post Shelley! It's a good one. My wish is that Turki pulls the trigger for the RV in Shabs abscence. I know there are those among us who are leaning toward Shabibi as the RD guy and Turki as the RV guy. If it were all possible to pull the trigger under these conditions we could prosper, as long as the World Bank and IMF are on board, because IMO if Iraq RV's under these conditions it without their blessing, it would have to be an In Country RV. For the IQD to have international status, there would definitely have to be the blessings of the PTB, including the release from chapter VII. LIKE I said JMO.

• Upvote 1

LOL what a bunch of .....

the media in iraq is the best in the world /...

whats next a story of how shabibbi was never released from work but actually on vacation ... yes vacation ...he won the vacation for doing such a good job ..

Mixed feelings on this. If he comes back, then most likely an RD??? If he is kept out, most likely an RV??? This is getting real confusing... I mean, I was confused before... but this is a BIG question mark!!!

I don't think he will come back. Even if he is cleared of all charges why would he? He would be a sitting target of more allegations and so forth, until he figures it is not worth it. He certainly would not come back if they did RV while he was gone. The investigation is going to take time, as you know they have to have meetings about meetings. So in the meantime as always we will wait and see.

What I think this article is about is assuring people he is not dismissed, making it clear they are following procedures by the law. They also are stating the government has not taken over the bank, nor do they intend to, and most importantly trying to sooth the concerns of the people. Trying to keep the boat afloat.

Anyway that is my take.

• Upvote 3

Like Carrello and I always say... Can't wait for the day we are looking back at all this stuff !!!!!

Yes and I agree.....sitting on the beach, sipping margarita's Trixie playing beach volleyball in a bikini, her hump glistening in the sun, a band from town playing beach boy tunes. Yes and we will laugh and laugh at what a sight, a three legged Kamel playing beach volleyball in a bikini, it would not have happened if it were not for the dinar. ;)

Hey Zig maybe just maybe he is really just part of the few who do care about his people, maybe just maybe he doesn't need the money or power, maybe just maybe he really is what everyone thought he was to begin with loyal to Iraq---maybe just maybe he will return to the job because it is not finished yet! and won't be run off by the uneducated or power hungry elite---my money is if he is found not guilty --be will back behind the desk the same day

Just a maybe!

Got a good feeling about the MAN--not scientific but just a gut feeling

I don't think he will come back. Even if he is cleared of all charges why would he? He would be a sitting target of more allegations and so forth, until he figures it is not worth it. He certainly would not come back if they did RV while he was gone. The investigation is going to take time, as you know they have to have meetings about meetings. So in the meantime as always we will wait and see.

What I think this article is about is assuring people he is not dismissed, making it clear they are following procedures by the law. They also are stating the government has not taken over the bank, nor do they intend to, and most importantly trying to sooth the concerns of the people. Trying to keep the boat afloat.

Anyway that is my take.

I agree with you zig. very interesting. i see no reason for him to want to come back. if he does there would have to be a motive..jmo

Shabibi did his work in a conservative manner, did what he had to do and as Iraq became international, a figure that was understood internationally as Iraq's CBI's head guy. He did the head butt with Maliki once before and showed that he had the best interest of Iraq with what he was doing. Internationally, he was well received. If these allegations "become" truth via Maliki's media outlets, so be it.

We will see a change in the IQD. It might not be close to what the gurus have been stating. But we as investors will definitely see a value increase/

Come on RV!!

Thanks for the post Shelley! It's a good one. My wish is that Turki pulls the trigger for the RV in Shabs abscence. I know there are those among us who are leaning toward Shabibi as the RD guy and Turki as the RV guy. If it were all possible to pull the trigger under these conditions we could prosper, as long as the World Bank and IMF are on board, because IMO if Iraq RV's under these conditions it without their blessing, it would have to be an In Country RV. For the IQD to have international status, there would definitely have to be the blessings of the PTB, including the release from chapter VII. LIKE I said JMO.

Yeah Butifldrm,

Who ever is the one to do RV. Let the guy do it now, or Shabbs when he gets back. It don't matter to me. I am thinking like you. Can they do it? If they can, will they? I wish we all prosper, the investors and the Iraqi folks. It would be nice to be at the end of the road.

• Upvote 1

Yes and I agree.....sitting on the beach, sipping margarita's Trixie playing beach volleyball in a bikini, her hump glistening in the sun, a band from town playing beach boy tunes. Yes and we will laugh and laugh at what a sight, a three legged Kamel playing beach volleyball in a bikini, it would not have happened if it were not for the dinar. ;)

I have to invite Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon. Wouldn't be the same without them, and besides, Annette makes a dynamite egg salad sandwich.

Anyway that is my take.

Excellent asessment IMO. +1