Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fedeeral government Ammo perspective

R2D2

Their planning on shooting us of course. Mostly the elderly because those old war horses are not afraid to shoot first. Thats what they will be doing when we go broke and the GOVT tells them that all them years of hard work and putting in to the SS program they spent it and we can no longer help you. Your on your own. hahahaha All hells gonna break loose.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-liberal/2012/08/is-the-obama-ss-about-to-be-revealed-2446070.html

Just another heads up. Who wants to speculate on the reson behind all the ammo needed, This year?

Just off the top of my head.....Lets say a Liberal Administration wanted

to ban guns and the sale of ammo to US citizens....They are unable to get

the legislation passed in Congress, but they have unlimited supplies of fiat

money....What would they do?

They could buy enormous amounts to either corner the market, or simply

to keep the mfgrs so busy, the people in the US end up with limited or no access

to the ammo....Then, store it in a warehouse and forget about it

This ammo .357, is not the normal type used by agents of these organizations.

Why on earth would they want it?...jmo ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Good Article R2D2 smile.gif

Honestly "Hollow Points"? I read that they claim those bullets are for the target range. Give Me A Break!

Those bullets are so expensive that even our wasteful government couldn't justify that if they weren't up to no good.

Well, Hollow are the preferred casing for law enforcements. since, hollow points expand on impact of the target it minimize the collateral damage behind the intended target. a full metal jacket would easily pass through the target and on to any thing behind it.

;)

• Upvote 1

They could buy enormous amounts to either corner the market, or simply

to keep the mfgrs so busy, the people in the US end up with limited or no access

to the ammo....Then, store it in a warehouse and forget about it

This ammo .357, is not the normal type used by agents of these organizations.

Why on earth would they want it?...jmo ;)

Don't tell 'em they are buying up the wrong ammo...............I don't have anything that small :D

a full metal jacket would easily pass through the target and on to any thing behind it.

You can get a 2 for 1 shot if you line 'em up :)

Edited by sportfisher
  • Upvote 1

Don't tell 'em they are buying up the wrong ammo...............I don't have anything that small :D

You can get a 2 for 1 shot if you line 'em up :)

:mellow: well....hopeful you're no the third person in that line...just walking out of McDonld's with your Breakfast. :)

• Upvote 1

Good Article R2D2 smile.gif

Honestly "Hollow Points"? I read that they claim those bullets are for the target range. Give Me A Break!

Those bullets are so expensive that even our wasteful government couldn't justify that if they weren't up to no good.

Agreed, anyone that uses hollow points at the range is clueless or rich, or both.

• Upvote 2

Well, Hollow are the preferred casing for law enforcements. since, hollow points expand on impact of the target it minimize the collateral damage behind the intended target. a full metal jacket would easily pass through the target and on to any thing behind it.

wink.gif

You got that right! Little bit of overkill for a piece of paper though, huh Shinnie. rolleyes.gif

Agreed, anyone that uses hollow points at the range is clueless or rich, or both.

Yup Dave, I would guess both in this case.

I have always wanted to tell you I like your signature line.

I was actually trying to remember it "word for word" to say it to a friend today. smile.gif I've got it down now!

You got that right! Little bit of overkill for a piece of paper though, huh Shinnie.

nobody...i mean Nobody in there "right mind" would use "hollows" for target practice...we all know that for a fact...but to state that the are doing such thing leave us to believe that our own government is "OUT of their FREAKING MINDS" :o or "Just Wasteful with Public Funds" <_< . Yet then again....we already KNOW for a FACT that they are BOTH of those things anyway....so why would we even need to bother knowing the detail of wot they do with it? :blink: *sighs* -_-

When the **** hits the fan and all hell breaks loose they are going to make weapons and amo impossible to get, but they'll already have their's distributed 2.5 bulets for every man woman and child on the land.

well if that does come to pass....then you'll have to do it the old fashion way...learn to throw a slower moving rock very accurately and at extreme close range or learn how to make your own ammo from scrap...fortunately for me...me know how to do both...but at extreme close range that would be suicide...if me have to use a rock...than me will have to use one of the "Oldest" weapons in the book...a slingshot. ;) hehehe hows that for sticking it to them right between the eyes....ask Goliath how it felt.... ;) heheh

Okay.... just for the sake of discussion... I have a few thoughts that may lend a different perspective.... However and before that, I do believe there is and has been for years, efforts to control the amount of ammo one can buy. the thinking was if 'they' couldnt control the guns, then 'they' would control the ability to buy ammo. I remember reading the the shelf life on ammo is not nearly what it used to be, and there are limitations on shelf life just like food. Never did follow up on that that to verify, but do remember it was one of the proposed attempts to limit gun use.

As for another perspective,... anyone who pays for their own ammo at the range is a wing nut, as the agency buys it for you and you shoot agency ammo at the range (I assume we are talking the range at work... yes?) That would be the range that the gov't speaks of, when referring to a range. Its interesting that SSA is using .357 when most agencies gave up the .38 years ago. I'm guessing these dinosaurs still use .357 as its more ammo friendly than .38 in terms of what you can use. Anyone who has had anything to do with any fed agency, who has been around the block more than 5-10 years remembers qualifying with those damn speed loaders and some still use those. I'm relieved to see that DHS ordered .40 (or 10mm) which just about everyone went to after the Hollywood shoot-out wherein LEOs were totally out-gunned ....

When I last gave a rip about reading the reports, and read them... or went to the briefings... without a doubt, the one federal agency that pushes more brass than any other .. and I mean a pile of it.... is the FBI.. and specifically their HRT... And in that case you absolutely without a doubt, no question, want to shoot the round you will be using at work... You do not want to practice with a FMJ or Wad cutter and then get on site and shoot something else. Every round has its own load, spin, velocity, character.... the wind effects it as does distance, and on and on and on.... You want to practice and learn every fiber of what you are shooting, so when the time comes, you have a second nature relationship with it, and know what it wil do. Those guys can put a round into a quarter at xxxx yards... I've seen some of the most incredible, if not impossible, real time shots that would not have been effective had not the sniper used the ammo in practice that was used to take the shot.

Hollow points are used for the reasons most cited, though many LEOs still carry FMJs... its going to depend upon where you are... and what you'll likely encounter. Its not going to work so great if you are returning fire with half the impact as the other guy....During the Hollywood incident, the majority of the PD had to go to this ammorary store down the street and get firepower that matched that of the adversaries. ... There was one cop, can't remember his name now... who almost bleed to death waiting for help, and no one could get to him as everyone was out gunned.

Also, for what its worth, I notice lots of agencies who have not trained for a good year or more, are now running drills every few months... That's not at all unusual.. that is what used to happen all the time and in my experience, the drills haven't increased, as much as resumed to not quite, but almost the level they used to run, all the time...... If anything, we are way behind in the amount, type and frequency of training, and are therein much more vulnerable in terms of exposure... I don't see the amount of ammo ordered by the feds for their agencies to be all that out of line from what it has been in the past for years, and what it should have been over the past few years of recent, if they are to stay trained to respond. If you think about it, many of the agencies are now under the umbrella of HLS, and there are lots of agencies, all of whom have to qualify quarterly at the very least and some of whom push a boat load of brass every day or a few times a week, to stay in the game.... On a down day, it would be easy to push a thousand rounds in your sleep on the range, depending upon the training objective and what you are shooting... especially if you carry multiple burst, which most do. And for the record, those frickin sims hurt like a freakin train hit ya, and I think they cost even more... :lol:

My perspective to be sure.. and in no way detracts from the observations of any of my colleagues herein, though perhaps gives a different slant on what the gang is up to, and why they need the amount they do.... Then again, who knows.... and as my DV buddies say, I could be wrong... B):D

• Upvote 1

If I am not mistaken, the fiscal year is about to end with the Federal Government and its numerous agencies. I have many customers (people who work for government or are contractors) who have said that many agencies and its contractors who do work on bases for the government must "justify their spending" in order to justify "funding" for the next year. For example if the agency or branch of government records using less funds the previous year (which should be good news to all taxpayers) then the funding for the next year will be less than the previous year. This is not so good for the agency or branch of government therefore they must always "use up" what is left of their funds to justify funding for the next year. This is why I also believe that the government will never shrink as their philosophical view of money and funding is vastly different than that of the taxpayer or "private sector" business. As in the case of the "ammo purchase" this is a two-fer deal, exhaust monies for the sake of justifying spending and stocking their supplies for WHATEVER reasons and those can be many left to the imaginations of individuals! Just what I think!

nobody...i mean Nobody in there "right mind" would use "hollows" for target practice...we all know that for a fact...but to state that the are doing such thing leave us to believe that our own government is "OUT of their FREAKING MINDS" :o or "Just Wasteful with Public Funds" <_< . Yet then again....we already KNOW for a FACT that they are BOTH of those things anyway....so why would we even need to bother knowing the detail of wot they do with it? :blink: *sighs* -_-

Shinni, You just might have something there. The hoarding could be agenceys trying to bloat there budget knowing that mitt/paul is coming with a very sharp pencil to cut there bloated out of control budget. That would make some logical semce to buy hollow point ammo. Then next year you don;\'t need to buy HP ammo and buy target loads thaat are about 1/2 the price. Good Post lots of common sense here. :bow::twothumbs:

If I am not mistaken, the fiscal year is about to end with the Federal Government and its numerous agencies. I have many customers (people who work for government or are contractors) who have said that many agencies and its contractors who do work on bases for the government must "justify their spending" in order to justify "funding" for the next year. For example if the agency or branch of government records using less funds the previous year (which should be good news to all taxpayers) then the funding for the next year will be less than the previous year. This is not so good for the agency or branch of government therefore they must always "use up" what is left of their funds to justify funding for the next year. This is why I also believe that the government will never shrink as their philosophical view of money and funding is vastly different than that of the taxpayer or "private sector" business. As in the case of the "ammo purchase" this is a two-fer deal, exhaust monies for the sake of justifying spending and stocking their supplies for WHATEVER reasons and those can be many left to the imaginations of individuals! Just what I think!

You to Remmy :bow::bravo:

Simple solution to dealing with this corrupt tyranical government, buy as many guns and as much ammo as you can! If these libtards retain power this year you will need them.

What does it feel like to scream your ignorance across the Internet? I hope it feels good because I would hate to see you suffer for another four years.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-liberal/2012/08/is-the-obama-ss-about-to-be-revealed-2446070.html

Just another heads up. Who wants to speculate on the reson behind all the ammo needed, This year?

SPECULATION NOT NEEDED! FEDERAL RESERVE SAYS IF THINGS CONTINUE AS THEY ARE, WE ARE SOON IN FOR

CERTAIN ECONOMIC COLLAPSE. NO SSA CHECKS....NO MORE WELFARE CHECKS. SOME GOV'T. AGYS. JUST WANT

TO BE ABLE TO PROTECT THEMSELVES. 174,000 ROUNDS OF .357 HOLLOW POINT MAY HELP!

• Upvote 1

SPECULATION NOT NEEDED! FEDERAL RESERVE SAYS IF THINGS CONTINUE AS THEY ARE, WE ARE SOON IN FOR

CERTAIN ECONOMIC COLLAPSE. NO SSA CHECKS....NO MORE WELFARE CHECKS. SOME GOV'T. AGYS. JUST WANT

TO BE ABLE TO PROTECT THEMSELVES. 174,000 ROUNDS OF .357 HOLLOW POINT MAY HELP!

the dollar collapses.....cities and states have no money for police and fire.......here comes the un

• Upvote 2