Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Photo of a Ramadan Feast in Iraq

k98nights

BUT the sun is up :nooo::butt-kicking:

After Ramadan, a three day holiday is celebrated in honor of the end of Ramadan called the Feast of Ramadan. The holiday is actually a month & three days. The last three days they can eat & drink. This is how they also did it in Saudi Arabia.

Thanks K98 for posting.

The women eat in a different room. After fasting all day, they all sit together before their were chairs it was the sand. This was passed down from old people, some of us only understand one way of living. When you enter a house or tent of muslim you must remove your shoes it is considered an insult to wear them into a home. The question about the women, they are not allowed to mix with men that is not of the family. It takes special permission for them to even enter the room where men are gathered. Reason i know this is because, i have experienced it and respect those rules. My first Iftar was an experience, an american not know the customs i think i did pretty good. It is joyous time to break the fast with your family and i was honoured to be invited. hell they still laugh at all of that tea i drank. I didn't want to refuse but i was told afterwards all you had to say was no. SO before you make wise cracks about photos try sitting down at Iftar feast or to celebrate the end of the fast you might learn a thing or two instead being crude and insulting.

Edited by TPSprayduster
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks K98 for posting.

The women eat in a different room. After fasting all day, they all sit together before their were chairs it was the sand. This was passed down from old people, some of us only understand one way of living. When you enter a house or tent of muslim you must remove your shoes it is considered an insult to wear them into a home. The question about the women, they are not allowed to mix with men that is not of the family. It takes special permission for them to even enter the room where men are gathered. Reason i know this is because, i have experienced it and respect those rules. My first Iftar was an experience, an american not know the customs i think i did pretty good. It is joyous time to break the fast with your family and i was honoured to be invited. hell they still laugh at all of that tea i drank. I didn't want to refuse but i was told afterwards all you had to say was no. SO before you make wise cracks about photos try sitting down at Iftar feast or to celebrate the end of the fast you might learn a thing or two instead being crude and insulting.

Umm why do you defend such archaic practices that discriminate against women? Thats just sad no matter how old the tradition. We include women in everything because they are just as valuable and respectable as men. Old discriminatory traditins are being thrown out..We change as we grow and evolve because wisdom demands it.

Why are people so quick to defend any culture other than that of Americans? I just happened to notice that..anyone else pick up on that?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I see the chairs, but they are not using them :blink: Why sit on the ground??

It's traditional, that's what they did in the old days. When I was in Kuwait, I noticed that many people would leave their house and spend the entire month living in a tent in the desert.

When does this end again?

Around the 20th of August.

Umm why do you defend such archaic practices that discriminate against women? Thats just sad no matter how old the tradition. We include women in everything because they are just as valuable and respectable as men. Old discriminatory traditins are being thrown out..We change as we grow and evolve because wisdom demands it.

Why are people so quick to defend any culture other than that of Americans? I just happened to notice that..anyone else pick up on that?

You ever think that the reason so many people hate Americans around the world is because we try to change them!! We are not like any other people around the world. They have customs and ways that have been around longer than we have been in existence. Maybe if we respected other cultures and try not to CHANGE people then we would not be thought of as we are. I wonder did anyone pick up on that.

Edited by TPSprayduster
  • Upvote 1

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

You ever think that the reason so many people hate Americans around the world is because we try to change them!! We are not like any other people around the world. They have customs and ways that have been around longer than we have been in existence. Maybe if we respected other cultures and try not to CHANGE people then we would not be thought of as we are. I wonder did anyone pick up on that.

The Human Race..not AMERICANS....

Nice Dollar Store plates and pitchers....the colors of Summerlaugh.gif

Edited by littlefeet

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with defending traditions that have survived hundreds of generations and are still held by true believers today. You may not be a Muslim, neither am I. But that does not mean that all Muslim traditions are bad. Or that all of our traditions are good.

You use the example of women. It was not until the suffragette movement in the earlly 1900's that women were finally able to vote. Basically the women have had the right to vote in the west for close to only a hundred years. They were, until then, still the baby makers, housekeepers, and family organizers. Does that mean our own traditions were wrong until the women got the vote? I don't think so.

I suspect you have a beef with Muslims for the same reason most people do. You don't understand them. And you don't understand them because you have not taken the time to learn about them. And you haven't taken that time because you don't want to. It is easier, is it not, to be the one who is right when all the others are wrong? Sure it is.

<_<

smee2

• Upvote 1

Deltori - Why do you bash the way other people celebrate their holidays? Have you been there? Have you met any of them personally?

I have been - lived in the mid-east for several years. Enjoyed the people, found their families delightful and loved the holidays.

Agreed, they are not like ours, but neither was the food. Still good however. Perhaps if the USA hadn't changed our ways into the

"Modern" way we too would be people that the rest of the world enjoyed being with.