Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

tariffs postponed!!!

cheevo

Cabinet approves bill to postpone the application of customs tariff law. 26/06/2012 15:52:00

Baghdad / NINA /-- Council of Ministers approved in its session today a bill to postpone the implementation of customs tariff law until the appropriate conditions allow its application.

A statement by government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh said : "The Council of Ministers approved informing the Secretariat of the United Nations through the Foreign affairs Ministry to extend the mandate of the United Nations Mission in Iraq to help for an additional a whole year. / End

Not surprised either, but for those who say the tarriffs have nothing to do with the RV I completely disagree. Obviously they are not ready yet and everything will be postponed until they are. I think all of tarriffs, Hcl, ch 7 will hit at the same time. When their ready of course lol hurry up Iraq!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Okay, but the tariffs do not have anything to do with the RV. We thought it was a social indicator, for the good of the people, that the RV take place to take the tariff burden off of the poor. The tariffs being in place, delayed, or never implemented, will not affect the RV. The tariffs are required to obtain full membership in the WTO. RV: not so much.

Don't forget that we are in a hurry for this RV, but Iraq is establishing a democratic country. Remember what that entails, if our brains can even begin to comprehend something like this, not to mention dealing with a corrupt prime minister and billions and billions dollars swept under Abdul's carpet somewhere, in the meantime the programs to move the infantile country forward are stunted. This is an extremely difficult process. We complain that we have to rush around to get one kid to soccer, while getting another one to ballet, all done in an airconditioned car with gas in it while eating In-and-Out burgers. Oh yeah, where's my RV money!

How many times has there been a process or event that we, WE thought had to happen to see an RV? Chapter V II, Arab Summit, megatrons TV screens mounted in Baghdad, blah blah blah. I think we could add 30 events over the past two years to this list.

Watch the big, important events happening with CBI, like yesterday and the stock exchange law, or look for the law that will regulate contracts and payments to incorporate a currency revalue. These are the events that will give you a glimpse as to where we are. Then see if Maliki's camel has delivered him to the gallows yet.

Thanks cheevo

• Upvote 11

Cabinet approves bill to postpone the application of customs tariff law. 26/06/2012 15:52:00

Baghdad / NINA /-- Council of Ministers approved in its session today a bill to postpone the implementation of customs tariff law until the appropriate conditions allow its application.

A statement by government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh said : "The Council of Ministers approved informing the Secretariat of the United Nations through the Foreign affairs Ministry to extend the mandate of the United Nations Mission in Iraq to help for an additional a whole year. / End

This is just the cabinet aka council of ministers. They have been trying to get this postpone and have been rejected by the parliament. Relax, nothing has change YET. :D

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Need to see a link to original article! Other wise totally NOT believable and not considered news, simply opinion and hearsay!

see post #3 ................dang your fast Shelley biggrin.giftongue.gif +1

Edited by gamaray

OK, Just reviewed all the articles on the front page of Nina News (where the link points) and don't see anything pertaining to Tarriffs at all! The article the link actually directs me to is an article from April 29th and has nothing to do with Tarriffs! My opinion is absolute Smoke!

My Bad, I found a small blurb on the right side on the page (with the headline) but No link to an article that I can find. Oh Well.....

Not surprised either, but for those who say the tarriffs have nothing to do with the RV I completely disagree. Obviously they are not ready yet and everything will be postponed until they are. I think all of tarriffs, Hcl, ch 7 will hit at the same time. When their ready of course lol hurry up Iraq!!!!!

I was just thinking this same thing, so needless to say, I agree. LOL It will all happen all at once, along with the RV. In fact, they are ready now, and they can do this as soon as they get the OK from the world organizations that are in final control of everything they ultimately do. So all of this is promising because it is all connected to getting their ducks in a row. They are almost there now.

• Upvote 2

I was really not surprised about the postponement. Without increase value in the dinar, it would be another hardship on the Iraqi's, and since they can't find a way to RV their currency, there was nothing else for them to do.

On the other hand, my conspiracy theory of the day is, they may still put the tariff's in place, and get the HCL done, GOI in place very quickly if they can get Maliki to quit dragging his feet.

These articles could just be bunk, to keep people off balance. Who really knows with these guys, but I do like my conspiracy theory. At least for another few days anyway! :D

Go RV!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

I was just thinking this same thing, so needless to say, I agree. LOL It will all happen all at once, along with the RV. In fact, they are ready now, and they can do this as soon as they get the OK from the world organizations that are in final control of everything they ultimately do. So all of this is promising because it is all connected to getting their ducks in a row. They are almost there now.

The first hcl was drafted in 2004. They are Still arguing about it. How are they getting their ducks in a row again?

• Upvote 1