Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bill Cosby speaks

pokerplayer

Bill Cosby went on CNN’s “State of the Union” yesterday to discuss the Trayvon Martin case with host Candy Crowley.

Cosby tried to make the point that the Martin shooting was about guns and not race, but his reasoning and syntax got so convoluted, his point got lost.

Cosby: “I believe that when you tell me that you’re going to protect the neighborhood that I live in, I don’t want you to have a gun. I want you to be able to see something, report it, and get out of the way, because you happen to be a part of the neighborhood. I don’t want you to get hurt. And I don’t want you to hurt anyone.”

Okay, we get that. Don’t be a hero, neighbor.

But then, Cosby said, “How are you going to solve a race issue when it becomes he said, she said or he said, he said? And the other question is, what is solved by saying he’s a racist that’s why he shot the boy? What solves that? This. And what is he doing with it? And who taught him and told him how to behave with this? It doesn’t make any difference if he’s a racist or not racist. If he’s scared to death and not a racist, it’s still a confrontational provoking of something.”

Sure, George Zimmerman walking around with a firearm and having the easy opportunity to shoot Trayvon Martin is a gun issue. But that he shot Martin because he was black (and “black” meant “trouble”) — that’s a race issue.

It wasn’t merely Zimmerman’s too-easy access to a gun that led to him to shoot a 17-year-old armed only with iced tea and Skittles. It was the gun combined with his prejudice, misplaced fear and sense of Wild West “Stand Your Ground” vigilantism.

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/celebrities/20120416_Tattle__Cosby_shoots_off_his_mouth__not_his_gun.html?viewAll=y

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

i used to like cosby , watched his shows as a kid

he is no different than sharpton or jackson now

what an idiot he has become

Yes, and it's a real shame. I saw him in a one-man show just last year in St. Louis, and he was hysterical. He walked out on that big stage all alone, sat down in a small straight backed chair, and held the packed theater audience rapt for two hours. I respected him for many years, but this is beneath him. He has done so much to solve racial issues through his career, even taking the responsiblity for problems with black kids back to the black neighborhoods, but this just doesn't measure up. A truly good man fallen. Sad to see.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Yes, and it's a real shame. I saw him in a one-man show just last year in St. Louis, and he was hysterical. He walked out on that big stage all alone, sat down in a small straight backed chair, and held the packed theater audience rapt for two hours. I respected him for many years, but this is beneath him. He has done so much to solve racial issues through his career, even taking the responsiblity for problems with black kids back to the black neighborhoods, but this just doesn't measure up. A truly good man fallen. Sad to see.

I agree, Dr. Crosby has done enormous good in the past. You may recall his own son was killed in LA while changing a flat tire several years ago. That may have a strong influence on his beliefs. He is entitled the them. I prefer to participate in being a member of the largest armed force in the world, US citizens. As long as we remain responsibly armed we have much greater safety and security than simply relying on others to protect (or enslave) is.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Bill Cosby went on CNN’s “State of the Union” yesterday to discuss the Trayvon Martin case with host Candy Crowley.

Cosby tried to make the point that the Martin shooting was about guns and not race, but his reasoning and syntax got so convoluted, his point got lost.

Cosby: “I believe that when you tell me that you’re going to protect the neighborhood that I live in, I don’t want you to have a gun. I want you to be able to see something, report it, and get out of the way, because you happen to be a part of the neighborhood. I don’t want you to get hurt. And I don’t want you to hurt anyone.”

Okay, we get that. Don’t be a hero, neighbor.

But then, Cosby said, “How are you going to solve a race issue when it becomes he said, she said or he said, he said? And the other question is, what is solved by saying he’s a racist that’s why he shot the boy? What solves that? This. And what is he doing with it? And who taught him and told him how to behave with this? It doesn’t make any difference if he’s a racist or not racist. If he’s scared to death and not a racist, it’s still a confrontational provoking of something.”

Sure, George Zimmerman walking around with a firearm and having the easy opportunity to shoot Trayvon Martin is a gun issue. But that he shot Martin because he was black (and “black” meant “trouble”) — that’s a race issue.

It wasn’t merely Zimmerman’s too-easy access to a gun that led to him to shoot a 17-year-old armed only with iced tea and Skittles. It was the gun combined with his prejudice, misplaced fear and sense of Wild West “Stand Your Ground” vigilantism.

http://www.philly.co....html?viewAll=y

Eloquently stated -- this man has always been wise. That's why his comedy works - it is tinged with wisdom. You just don't like it because you know he's right. You just want to carry a gun no matter what.

Hope they other guys who feel like you do don't pull first in some bar - on you.

For no good reason.

Just say'in...

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

Bill cosby needs to stick to pudding pops and being a comedian rather than trying to justify its the guns fault? Really? laugh.gif

I am not sure why celebrities are taken to be experts on anything other than their own field of expertise. Cosby may know about being a comedian, actor, even stage hand. But he is not an expert when it comes to current events.

This rambling statement of his could be the result of advancing age and confusion. But even asking him the question, is, in my mind, another case of race over reason. He is a black man. Ask him a question about the death of a black youth. If this had been a white and white situation, there would not be all this controversy to start with, and no one would be asking Sharpton, or Jackson, ... or Cosby.

<_<

smee2

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Without hearing the entire conversation I will not jump to any conclusions or judge the man, like so many did to Zimmerman before they knew the whole story.

Well said. Zimmerman is in jail now with almost no chance of a fair trial as far as I can see.

pp

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well said. Zimmerman is in jail now with almost no chance of a fair trial as far as I can see.

pp

Well said. This man will never get a fair trial. and no matter how many witnesses step forward he will be found guilty. Has anyone even bothered to ask, if Zimmerman was just following Trayvon martin, why did Trayvon decide to attack Zimmerman? There are two people in the wrong here and unfortunately one of them is dead.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just don't get it. Black People have been killing White people and White people killing Black people and Hispanics killing Black and White people and vis versa, for years. Why all of a sudden does this case make any difference? The only thing I can come up with is, it is a way to start Marshall Law. Come on, really. This is the way the Government wants it. They want us to start hating each other and killing each other off, so they can take over. You know the New World Order BS. Sometimes, I wouldn't doubt if the government doesn't hire people just to pull this shooting rampage crap. Pretty amazing.

• Upvote 1

Eloquently stated -- this man has always been wise. That's why his comedy works - it is tinged with wisdom. You just don't like it because you know he's right. You just want to carry a gun no matter what.

Hope they other guys who feel like you do don't pull first in some bar - on you.

For no good reason.

Just say'in...

I for one do want to carry a gun no matter what. Its my right to do so. Bill Cosby lost a son from a criminal who was probably in possession of a illegal one. Bad things sometimes happen to good people. Of course Bill Cosby has this view on gun ownership due to losing his son. The idea that a responsible citizen is going to pull a gun on me while he`s getting tanked shows you don't really know absolutely nothing about owning a firearm. So whose really the idiot

• Upvote 2

For no good reason.

Just say'in...

The only people who carry a gun in a bar...are the ones who are carrying a gun ILLEGALLY!!!

• Upvote 1

Let me just saay here in America. You are assumed until provrn gulity by a jury of 12. The cos is a good guy. He haas been to my house many eening. But Cos does not know anything more than the driveby mediaq has told him. For these talking head to assume someone is gulity by biased reporting is no morre than pure stupidity. You apparently have assumed the same. Why don't you wait until a jury hears the details then you tpcan make your informed decision. Until then why don't you cease showing your ignorance on this forum.

Well said. This man will never get a fair trial. and no matter how many witnesses step forward he will be found guilty. Has anyone even bothered to ask, if Zimmerman was just following Trayvon martin, why did Trayvon decide to attack Zimmerman? There are two people in the wrong here and unfortunately one of them is dead.

did you ever ask yourself. Why was zimmerman out of his car?????

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1