Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Anyone know what they are celebrating?

InItSince05

I just saw a brief news clip, with what looked like a news anchor, and there was a picture of dinar and US Dollars on a big screen behind him while he was talking... Couldn't understand a word! Where are English Subtitles when you need them??? :lol:

-

Really? With the dinar and dollar? REALLY??????????

I don''t think this is anything unusual. They dance in the streets and sing for almost any reason they can come up with. It is usually some religious event, not always a holiday either. They will have an evening block party just for some "saint's day" type of celebration, though of course they don't have saints. But you get the idea.

Unless we get some news item claiming it to be something worthwhile I wouldn't worry about it. Just people dancing and singing and trying to have at least a partly normal life in a place where life is anything but normal.

:)

smee2

Really? With the dinar and dollar? REALLY??????????

Yep, it was like, when I'm watching a late Basketball or Football game the news breaks in during a break in the game to give news updates. I think this may be a version of Iraqi Idol or Iraq's Got Talent! The music is KILLING ME! laugh.gif

-

• Upvote 1

Yep, it was like, when I'm watching a late Basketball or Football game the news breaks in during a break in the game to give news updates. I think this may be a version of Iraqi Idol or Iraq's Got Talent! The music is KILLING ME! laugh.gif

-

hahahaahah.... hmmmmmmmmm... interesting! B)

This IS the beginning of the celebration of Muhammed (the prophet's) birthday...........his actual birthday is March 12 and I've been wondering why they're celebrating NOW. :unsure::)

I've been looking for that other clip that everyone wanted to know what they were talking about in that meeting and can't find it again, but right after someone posted it, I asked my nephew to give me an idea of what was being said. (He is studying Arabic and Farsi, as he wants to apply for a job with the FBI after he graduates from college, with a Criminal Justice degree). Anyway -- he told me that the gist of that clip was that it was a meeting with financial people, Saleh and Shabibi were discussing dropping the zeroes from their currency. They also discussed raising the value of the dinar, and said it would come very suddenly, like "the old Saddam" currency. They also said that they were waiting for permission to do it form "higher-ups(?)". Then they interviewed some of the people in that meeting about their plans. The last person they talked to (he was wearing glasses) is Mudher, who gave a press conference himself a couple of days later.

The clip was from January 25. :):):)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This IS the beginning of the celebration of Muhammed (the prophet's) birthday...........his actual birthday is March 12 and I've been wondering why they're celebrating NOW. :unsure::)

I've been looking for that other clip that everyone wanted to know what they were talking about in that meeting and can't find it again, but right after someone posted it, I asked my nephew to give me an idea of what was being said. (He is studying Arabic and Farsi, as he wants to apply for a job with the FBI after he graduates from college, with a Criminal Justice degree). Anyway -- he told me that the gist of that clip was that it was a meeting with financial people, Saleh and Shabibi were discussing dropping the zeroes from their currency. They also discussed raising the value of the dinar, and said it would come very suddenly, like "the old Saddam" currency. They also said that they were waiting for permission to do it form "higher-ups(?)". Then they interviewed some of the people in that meeting about their plans. The last person they talked to (he was wearing glasses) is Mudher, who gave a press conference himself a couple of days later.

The clip was from January 25. :):):)

nice!

Here's why....

They are standing in line waiting to board Possum's yaght to party. Let's party.

LOL, RED SOLO CUP! I FILL YOU UP! LETS HAVE AN RV PARTY! I love how the way your easy to stack, but I hate how hard you are to get Shab's to take back! :D Unfortunately I think Possum's yacht is a 10 ft jon boat with a couple cases of dynamite in it for hunting gators and catfish!! :P

• Upvote 3

LOL, RED SOLO CUP! I FILL YOU UP! LETS HAVE AN RV PARTY! I love how the way your easy to stack, but I hate how hard you are to get Shab's to take back! :D Unfortunately I think Possum's yacht is a 10 ft jon boat with a couple cases of dynamite in it for hunting gators and catfish!! :P

But it is a dinar party. They just gave up on it, and spent all dinar that they had .... and bet them on the Vikings to win the Super Bowl.

• Upvote 1

But it is a dinar party. They just gave up on it, and spent all dinar that they had .... and bet them on the Vikings to win the Super Bowl.

Now that's funny! There isn't a Nebraska pro football team, because if there was Minnesota would want one too! :lol: :lol: I think the odds are much better on an RV then the Vikequeens ever even getting another chance to play in a super bowl!