Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Anyone know what they are celebrating?

InItSince05

This IS the beginning of the celebration of Muhammed (the prophet's) birthday...........his actual birthday is March 12 and I've been wondering why they're celebrating NOW. :unsure::)

I've been looking for that other clip that everyone wanted to know what they were talking about in that meeting and can't find it again, but right after someone posted it, I asked my nephew to give me an idea of what was being said. (He is studying Arabic and Farsi, as he wants to apply for a job with the FBI after he graduates from college, with a Criminal Justice degree). Anyway -- he told me that the gist of that clip was that it was a meeting with financial people, Saleh and Shabibi were discussing dropping the zeroes from their currency. They also discussed raising the value of the dinar, and said it would come very suddenly, like "the old Saddam" currency. They also said that they were waiting for permission to do it form "higher-ups(?)". Then they interviewed some of the people in that meeting about their plans. The last person they talked to (he was wearing glasses) is Mudher, who gave a press conference himself a couple of days later.

The clip was from January 25. :) :) :)

The highlighted is an interesting bit of information. What pricked my attention is the connection between raising the value and "like 'the old Saddam' currency." Does that mean they will go back to that rate or that it will happen suddenly? "Suddenly" doesn't work when you add currency.

Question: What was the rate of the old Saddam currency? Isn't that the 3.22 rate?

thats alot of singing and dancing in the streets ...... either something big has happened or these prople take the religious holidays very seriously

In reviewing the history of this ride you will note that this time of year in particular, they seem to be constantly dancing in the streets. Either the dancing in the street hype is cycling back, or they do engage lots of happy feet during these winter months. If history severs correct, they should be toning down around early April :D:D