Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Newt Gingrich: Sex, Lies, and Politics

Tiffany23

Published on January 22, 2012 by Dr. Dale Archer in Reading Between The (Head)Lines

If you listen to one side of the media reports, Newt Gingrich is a philandering womanizer who dumps any woman who stands in the way of his Manhood's needs. If you listen to the other, he is an innocent victim of his ex-wife Marianne, a woman scorned, who is spreading malicious lies about him.

My guess is, Newt's heart is somewhere in the middle. I'm not sure I can say the same for his libido.

For thousands of years, the leaders of herds, packs, tribes, villages, cities, and nations have always been what is now known as the "Alpha Male". Whether it be a gorilla or a politician

Evolutionary psychology states that the testosterone-laden urge to procreate or protect is genetically wired into the males of the species. Philosopher Ken Wilber says in his book A Brief History of Everything. that there are only two major drives generated by testosterone: to "F*#% it or Kill it." Author Sean O'Reilly turns the phrase into the acronym: FIKI. FIKI explains why men tend to be more impulsive than women, he argues. And of course, numerous studies indicate that men are much more likely to cheat than women.

Obviously we are much more evolved than our cousin the Ape... not just because of our opposable thumbs, but because we have the ability to delay primal gratification out of a sense of what is right and fair. After all, when we marry, our promise is supposed to mean something.

Of course, this isn't Mr. Gingrich's first battle with an ex. Or a mistress. He was in a similar situation in the early 80's with his first wife, Jackie Battley.

She was in the hospital with cancer when he began discussions about the divorce, and six months after the divorce was final, Newt married Marianne Ginther, the mistress.

So, once Marianne became the new Mrs. Gingrich, there was a pretty good chance that there would be an opening for a new Mistress Gingrich. And that's where House of Representatives staffer Callista Bisek comes in. Here's a heads up for Marianne and mistresses everywhere: When you marry the man who is cheating on his wife with you, you're married to a man that cheats on his wife.

In Marianne's Nightline interview, she told Brian Ross that Newt had requested an open marriage to be able to continue his affair with Bisek, and that she chose to leave Newt because she would not comply. Newt refutes that comment and said it was a slanderous lie.

But in a world of men who cheat and leave, isn't it refreshing to see that at least Newt asked? Not quite for permission mind you... but he asked nonetheless. Steven Colbert thinks so: "Here's the other thing that I don't think Newt Gingrich gets credit for," Colbert said. "A lot of politicians screw around on their wives, but he was enough of a gentleman to ask permission. That's a Southern gentleman. (Robert E.) Lee would have done it."

Of course, having sex with someone who isn't your spouse doesn't make you a bad leader. Even the great JFK had his mistress Marilyn Monroe sing Happy Birthday to him while his wife Jackie sat beside him. John Edwards, Herman Cain, Bill Clinton, Eliot Spitzer... and myriad other politicians have had their wild oats sown by someone other than their wife. But when Newt is such a staunch champion of "family values", it is as hypocritical as a politician with an anti-G A Y platform being caught looking to score with young men.... Oh.... Wait.....

So, the question is: will we ever learn? Will we ever get it? Men that want to be the Head of the most powerful nation in the world are essentially modern day warriors, cavemen; tribal chiefs. It is their genetic duty to want to "populate their villages" with as many women as possible. So, what can we do? Simple: we hold our politicians accountable and demand honesty.

Mr. Gingrich, your South Carolina victory proves that your supporters are looking past the personal. But remember two things:

1: You haven't heard the end of this controversy. It's not helping your cause to have the children from your first wife say your second wife is lying about your third wife.

2: This country tends to forgive infidelity, but it most certainly will not forgive dishonesty.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/reading-between-the-headlines/201201/newt-gingrich-sex-lies-and-politics

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Becareful what you post. Are you clean? I am not saying Newt is right, but I am saying that there is NO politician without skeletons. There is also no person without skeletons. At least he is open about his. I would like to see Obama be open about his past. According to Obama, he does not even have a past. If you want to listen to all the rumors, be willing to also listen to the rumor that while Newt had an affair at least it was with a woman.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Becareful what you post. Are you clean? I am not saying Newt is right, but I am saying that there is NO politician without skeletons. There is also no person without skeletons. At least he is open about his. I would like to see Obama be open about his past. According to Obama, he does not even have a past. If you want to listen to all the rumors, be willing to also listen to the rumor that while Newt had an affair at least it was with a woman.

Are you a Newt fan?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Being married more than once has nothing to do with how he would run a country. No two people are alike and no one likes breakups especially when you end up giving away half of what you own but sometimes it is necessary rather than ending up like OJ. But if a man does NOT have any experience in running a business his chances of running a super power will ultimately fail, and when he fails over 300 MILLION people feel the after affects, millions loose their homes and jobs for three years while he was pushing OBAMA CARE, now that its election time he is finally talking about jobs. On Job creation BO gets an (F). Newt would run circles around Obama....

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Being married more than once has nothing to do with how he would run a country. No two people are alike and no one likes breakups especially when you end up giving away half of what you own but sometimes it is necessary rather than ending up like OJ. But if a man does NOT have any experience in running a business his chances of running a super power will ultimately fail, and when he fails over 300 MILLION people feel the after affects, millions loose their homes and jobs for three years while he was pushing OBAMA CARE, now that its election time he is finally talking about jobs. On Job creation BO gets an (F). Newt would run circles around Obama....

Mr O. doesn't even know how to spell JOBS, Heck he thinks it stands for Join Obama Bull Sh**

• Upvote 4

Whether I am a 'newt fan' or not is immaterial. I really am tired of the self righteous who like to pick people apart. If you are for Obama I can tear him apart. If you are for Rommney, I can tear him apart, etc etc. It really does not matter. Everyone has skeletons. I really do not think Obama would want to harp on Newt's marriages because it would not take much digging to raise some real questions about Obama's ethics.

• Upvote 5

Whether I am a 'newt fan' or not is immaterial. I really am tired of the self righteous who like to pick people apart. If you are for Obama I can tear him apart. If you are for Rommney, I can tear him apart, etc etc. It really does not matter. Everyone has skeletons. I really do not think Obama would want to harp on Newt's marriages because it would not take much digging to raise some real questions about Obama's ethics.

Neither Obama or any other candidate will mention Newt's marriages. No one will stoop to that point; except the media (which have a duty) and ex-spouses (which have a right). But they would or could comment on other ethical facts regarding Newt's business.

Be it self-righteous or not, ethics is a huge factor in the presidential race come November. Try to remember - Obama IS the POTUS and has been vetted and proven to this point.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like Newt! I think he has the stamina and the courage to stand against the Liberal Left. He will fight with unwaiver, for our rights and make things happen to restore the American Dream. I Love Ron Paul, I love his idealistic view of the way things should be. But, things are not that way and he will never be able to achieve his idealistic America. Because, I am a Christain and Newt himself has stated that He has asked God for forgiveness. Then, I shall not be a judge of his moral fortitude, but I shall be a judge of his knowlege, stamina, and gut fortitude which should enhance his ability to get things done. The things to turn this country around economically, protect our borders both at home and internationally, and provide for a better future for our children.

• Upvote 2

Just voted for Newt in SC. I want a man to fix our economy and status in the world. I want a future for my children. I will go to church to get everything else. If you want Obama out he is the only choice. The others will be like a lost ball in high weeds during the debates while Newt will expose all of Obamas weaknesses. I was at The last SC debate and there was no question who was the smartest and who actually has some plans. Romney was lost, Santorium could only talk about the others and Paul has a few good ideas but is way way to far off in dealing with terroists and our relationship with foreign countries. We all need to rally behind one man and there is no way anyone can question Newt's intelligence. Is he perfect? No, but neither are any of us. He stated he has asked god for forgiveness and that's all I need to here. I am not to judge.

• Upvote 3

Just voted for Newt in SC. I want a man to fix our economy and status in the world. I want a future for my children. I will go to church to get everything else. If you want Obama out he is the only choice. The others will be like a lost ball in high weeds during the debates while Newt will expose all of Obamas weaknesses. I was at The last SC debate and there was no question who was the smartest and who actually has some plans. Romney was lost, Santorium could only talk about the others and Paul has a few good ideas but is way way to far off in dealing with terroists and our relationship with foreign countries. We all need to rally behind one man and there is no way anyone can question Newt's intelligence. Is he perfect? No, but neither are any of us. He stated he has asked god for forgiveness and that's all I need to here. I am not to judge.

I live in fla and a lot of people i work with like him.. The guy i really liked cain got out , i would have loved to see him get in a debate with Barry.. Right now any of the 3 stooges would have done a better job than what Barry has done.

I could care less if he slept with a woman, a man or a camel... It wasn't his wife. Period.

KK

Sorry we're fresh out of camels in the U.S. :lol: Do people in the middleast date camels?

Newt can't win. Republicans need to wake up and realize that independent women want nothing to do with him.

My wife remarked about the man's name...ok...please know that we are in Auatralia...and...we were having a bit of a joke session and a glass of great Aussie red wine.......but anyway.....she joked about Newt Gingrich as President going overseas...and NO foreigner being able to say his name properly...Newt sounds too much like the name of a small aquatic lizard...in fact.....that's what it actually IS....so did Newts parents name him after a reptilian on purpose???..and Gingrich.....well...it's not too far away from Grinch....as in the Christmas Grinch.

Then we have a guy called Mitt.....what he hell kinda name is THAT?? Mitt....Newt..... Barrack......time for a good easy and respectable name......preferably one that has the respected title of Doctor in front of it. Go Doctor Ron Paul.

I can just see him representing your country overseas...and everybody loving him for his great speaking ability and his very uncommon common sense.

Newt is smart about the issues at hand and is a great speaker debater. But his past is very much relevant to how he can lead. How a man handles his private life should be examined when he chooses to take a role in leadership. If a man stumbles in his private life will he not stumble in public?? Newts baggage is his own doing. Do we really want another moderate to run against Barry. The last one got beat. Can we please get a real Conservative not afraid to stand on principals instead of what sounds good to the ear??

Ron Paul has more military people voting for him and supporting him than any other candidate. To say before you would go to war there would have to be a congressional vote to do so and that there would be a definition of why we were going to war and a definition of ending the war is not good foreign policy? To want to work with other countries diplomatically and not in an aggressive destructive mode is not good foreign policy? To want to heal our economic situation and avoid any war if we can until we can actually afford to go to war is not good foreign and economic policy? Ron Paul has never said he was a pacifist nor an Isolationist. That has been dubbed upon him by media and Federal Reserve puppet politicians. Anybody at this point in America that would believe the media as it is at this present day is brainwashed. The people that fight in these wars and even the old CIA chief are all saying that Ron Pauls foreign policy is the only one that makes sense out of all of them. To believe other men who want to be elected and media that wants Obama elected over these men is just a bit welllll Stupid. Ron Paul wants to return America to the Constitutional liberties that all Americans should have a right to enjoy for all future generations. He is for states determining laws regarding drugs and the administration of drugs. In other words get government out of the medical arena. They are destroying it. The FDA and the AMA is completely taking away Constitutional freedoms. Ron Paul wants the state to mandate what is right for any given locale not Government. This way a non-violent crime is not more stipulating than a violent crime. It again saves billions of dollars and helps heal our economy at the same time removinng Government from our every day lives. We see where it is heading, and it is heading there with a quickness. You don't want liars and immoral persons in the White House, nor people who will destroy our constitution and freedoms, nor people who will destroy our economy, nor people who will thrust us into a nuclear war, nor persons who will activate FEMA camps and commit genocide against 90% of America. Only one man answers to all of that criteria and the reason why most are not wanting to vote for him is because of what some media outlet said about him. These media people are puppets and will only report what they are told to report. You hear what the contollers of the puppets want you to hear. Wake Up Folks. Vote American so our children will have a free country. Quit voting democratic and Republican and Independent. That only divides America. United we stand and we are falling because we are divided across party lines. Dividing us is a ploy used by these wicked people who have an agenda to destroy America. Do a outline and then do your homework and see when you listen to what these men are saying and the track records which either support their honesty and dishonesty and when you are done It will be Ron Paul every time. I know. I did it. I was at first not sure about him because of what I was hearing. Now I am sure because of what I have discovered. Ron Paul will restore America and we need that more than anything else right now. We need our Constitution back. Read the Rhetoric being passed around about democricies only lasting 200 years. That is a lie. Who do you think is behind the lie. Democracy lasts as long as a people will not let government rule. The people are the one who decide whether freedom and democracy will last. A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for America.

Neither Obama or any other candidate will mention Newt's marriages. No one will stoop to that point; except the media (which have a duty) and ex-spouses (which have a right). But they would or could comment on other ethical facts regarding Newt's business.

Be it self-righteous or not, ethics is a huge factor in the presidential race come November. Try to remember - Obama IS the POTUS and has been vetted and proven to this point.

Actually Obama was NEVER vetted. If he had been, he would not be where he is now. As far as infideliity, no one was as bad as Clinton and his lies. But he did good things for the country, in many areas. Dropped the ball in others. So, look at what the person can do and not what they have done in their private past.

I like Newt! I think he has the stamina and the courage to stand against the Liberal Left. He will fight with unwaiver, for our rights and make things happen to restore the American Dream. I Love Ron Paul, I love his idealistic view of the way things should be. But, things are not that way and he will never be able to achieve his idealistic America. Because, I am a Christain and Newt himself has stated that He has asked God for forgiveness. Then, I shall not be a judge of his moral fortitude, but I shall be a judge of his knowlege, stamina, and gut fortitude which should enhance his ability to get things done. The things to turn this country around economically, protect our borders both at home and internationally, and provide for a better future for our children.

Exactly...if he asked God to forgive him then who are we to judge??

• Upvote 1

Actually Obama was NEVER vetted. If he had been, he would not be where he is now. As far as infideliity, no one was as bad as Clinton and his lies. But he did good things for the country, in many areas. Dropped the ball in others. So, look at what the person can do and not what they have done in their private past.

Danan, come to some realistic views; all candidates are vetted --- you're just hearing overwhelming organized aftermath of an elected democratic president in a manner to sway November votes to the republican side.

Congrats to Newt! --- if you think he has changed his ethical ways then vote for him. I'm not speaking of infidelity alone. Man has been known as a monster since the 90's.

Edited by mojack
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1