Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WHAT IS YOUR RV NUMBER?

Tiffany23

1. Take the amount of annual salary you would have to have each year to make a difference in your life.

Example: $100,000

2. Divided the answer from question 1 by .04. (I’m using 4%, as that is the rule of thumb on what one can generate annually from a very conservative/predictable portfolio that virtually guarantees that the portfolio will never dry up and keep up with inflation)

Example = $100,000 divided by .04 = $2,500,000

3. Take the answer from step 2 and divide that number by the number of dinar that you have.

Example: $2,500,000 divided by 14,000,000 (dinar one has) = .1786 cents, rounded up to 18 cents

4. That is what you need in this example

I recently have been reading a book call “The Number”. It is a very creative way of looking at retirement. In it, the writer gets the reader to think about what “number” they truly need to make a difference in their lives..and then he backs into that number to produce a means of getting there.

Likewise, I thought it would be fun to try and figure out what the RV rate would be needed for each of us in order to make a difference in our lives.

Now…you need NOT post either of these amounts-your annual income or amounts of dinar you own. This is personal information and basically nobody’s business. And Yes, I realize that taxes, charities, in-laws :P needs have a play in the final number, but I wanted to keep it simple so we would have participation.

So, if you feel comfortable, post what that RV amount is.

For me, it ends up being only 84 cents! :blink::woot:

• Upvote 2

Rosy (BOOKINGS POST :”HEARING RATE IS $12.64″): The G.E.T. Team 1/15/12

January 16th, 2012 09:48 am ·

4:31 PM [bookings] ok guys i’ve been told more than once today , that rates are at the banks, just waiting to go live. Hearing rate is 12.64

4:32 PM [bookings] do not ask, can not tell you who.

4:34 PM [bookings] well all i’m telling you, is what i’ve been told. You can take it or leave it,. Up to you

:lol:

hmmmmm Tiff, thats pretty cool....Now you did say only what we need, right? I couldn't help but add just a little bit, but at my age, my wants and desires have changed from where they were in my earlier years. I really don't "need" that rv to go haywire....I figured .2925, now I'm gonna figure what I WANT....I won't be sharing that with ya (that would make me look very greedy and selfish) thanks for this info, it was fun.

Since I am retired, an old fart you might say, and don't really have an "income" as such, it is a little difficult to approach this the way you have. I also have to consider that I am not going to live that terribly much longer either ... I am getting so old that my butt has divorced me. I get up off the chair and go to move and have to call it and tell it ... "Here Butt, c'mon Butt, you can do it Butt, just move your butt, Butt"

Anyway, I would be ecstatic if it came in at the dollar I am thinking it should be, and can be, and is affordable for Iraq. Just ecstatic ... perhaps hooked up to a heart monitor within the golden hour but, hey ... its all good, as the kids say, or do they still say that?

So that is my ecstatic $1.00

Now, if I got what I really need, considering again that I could be here today and gone tomorrow and don't know how long to plan for (I am just hoping the money and breath run out about the same time.) it is a little difficult to figure a lump sum and deliniate from there. I do not expect to be around long enough to realize return on investment by the time this thing RVs and already have that kind of investment on the books. But since I cannot really do a monthly thing for the abovementioned reason and because I have a few major changes that need to be made and will require money, I have loosely figured that less than a dime would leave me comfortable till whenever the end gets here and there might even be some left for a few small bequests.

So that is my need $0.08

Now, if we sit in the middle, somewhere and calculate what I would need, plus enough to make those bequests before I depart and am around to actually see them do some good, then we are talking a midrange of under a quarter. It is, after all, such great fun seeing that you have helped other people. And it certainly has not been great fun waiting. (Though I do admit I have good company to wait with me :) )

So that is my fun. $0.17

So, Tiff, for your purposes I think it would be best to use the mid-range amount of ...

*drum roll please*

$0.17

TaaDaa :partyhat:

Hope you are having fun with this, 'cause I just did ...

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

Rosy (BOOKINGS POST :”HEARING RATE IS $12.64″): The G.E.T. Team 1/15/12

January 16th, 2012 09:48 am ·

4:31 PM [bookings] ok guys i’ve been told more than once today , that rates are at the banks, just waiting to go live. Hearing rate is 12.64

4:32 PM [bookings] do not ask, can not tell you who.

4:34 PM [bookings] well all i’m telling you, is what i’ve been told. You can take it or leave it,. Up to you

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great post Tiffany .... I had to do mine two times, once for if I keep my current job & the other if I quit my current job.

Keep job .... I need the RV to be .43

Quit job .... I need the RV to be .86

It is ironic how the math worked out the way it did ... we keep hearing .86!

Had fun with this ... thanks Tiff :D