Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Announcement of the largest bloc

yota691

57 minutes ago, 3n1 said:

one can only hope the next planned delay stall tactic is not studying & forming endless so-called think tank committees about Parliamentary vs Presidential system ,, here's a brain twister iraq why not just get people that are honest and selfless that desire to make a difference for good for all iraqis to pursue life ..🎯  

2 words comes to mind , FUBAR  &  SNAFU ... cheers dv we wait

Agreed on All counts - especially the FUBAR & SNAFU - speaks volumes to the present sitnation.  -_-

• Upvote 1

Qatar, Iran hamper formation of largest parliamentary bloc- sources

Qatar, Iran hamper formation of largest parliamentary bloc- sources

Interference of Iran and Qatar had impeded the formation of the largest parliamentary bloc which is planned to form the next government, sources said on Wednesday.

Sources said that Iran and Qatar exerted pressure on Kurdish and Sunni leaders to withdraw from the largest bloc of more than 200 seats.

The Qatari, Iranian axis obstructed the formation of the bloc as it excluded leaders of Iran-backed militias and former prime minister Nouri al-Maliki who has close ties with Tehran.

The new bloc also included the outgoing prime minister Haider al-Abadi who has many red lines by Iran because of his attempt to reinstate relations between Iraq and Arab neighbors and also for his support of the US sanctions against Iran.

On Sunday, Babylon hotel hosted a meeting for leaders of political parties to announce the largest parliamentary bloc.

The list of invited guests included: Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi, leader of al-Nasr bloc, which has 42 seats, Shiite leader Muqtada al-Sadr, heading Sairoon bloc, which has 54 seats, Ammar al-Hakim, leader of al-Hikma movement, with 20 seats, Iyad Allawi and Saleh al-Mutlaq leaders of the national bloc with 25 seats, the leaders of the Sunni National Bloc, which has 35 seats and representatives of the two main Kurdish parties who together have about 40 seats.

The absentees in this meeting were representatives of the Kurds and the Sunni National Axis Alliance, which led to the failure to form a parliamentary bloc that has the majority to form a government.

According to sources in Baghdad, the Iranian Revolutionary Guards al-Quds Force commander Maj. Gen. Qassem Suleimani met with Kurdish leaders, which resulted in their absence from the meeting.

Sulaimani arrived in Iraq in conjunction with the preparations for the announcement of the largest bloc and visited Najaf in the south, where pictures were leaked before he left for Erbil to hold a series of meetings with Kurdish and Sunni leaders.

Qatari officials also had secretly contacted Sunni Khamis al-Khanjar- heading al-Qarar Alliance-  a close associate of Qatar and Iran, who in turn pressured leaders of the Sunni National Axis Alliance to boycott the Babylon Hotel meeting

Insiders said that the interference of Iran andQatar means that the upcoming government will come with the signature of Mullahs and Hamdeen organization and will be at odds with Sunni Arabs, most importantly Saudi Arabia.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

Sulaimani arrived in Iraq in conjunction with the preparations for the announcement of the largest bloc and visited Najaf in the south, where pictures were leaked before he left for Erbil to hold a series of meetings with Kurdish and Sunni leaders.

Not good, this guy's a bad egg.

Bad Juju...

Let's hope they work it all out.

• Upvote 1

Those Iranian religious zealots cant even take care of their own country, which would explain what they are doing in Iraq. Misery loves company! What else are “good neighbors” for???  Maybe they will bring some leprosy and Ebola with them to share!!!   😄

Edited by jcfrag

Iran is trying to make Iraq have a mullah run govt like itself. Religious zealots that will tear it down.

I said it before and I say it now. I see Iraq RV'ing their currency some day for sure. Just not in our lifetimes. I put mine in my will going to my grandsons. Maybe they may benefit or maybe their kids but I feel that we are out. It's kinda a relief not to be constantly worried if this will happen. I would love to be proven wrong and cash in before I die but just not seeing it.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

I have said it before....I know you are complaining etc.  But you do not truly believe what you just said.  You will still be here next week reading everything.

who said I was going anywhere? But yes, I do believe that. Way to much turmoil. If it happens, great. If not, it goes to my grandkids but I'm just not going to worry about the ME anymore. Personally, If it were my choice, I'd turn most of the ME into a sheet of glass.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Botzwana said:

I guess my way of thinking...if I thought like you that it would not be here for 20 more years, I would never come back here ever again.  I would put my mind on other things.  The reason I am still here is I am not sure what in the hell is going on.  Hell I am even listening to Frank26 now.  What else is there for Iraq to do?  Hcl is about it.  Adam seems to think it could be this year.

Well to be honest, this is the first time you asked.

You will see some of us, like 10 Years and Thesus, follow certain threads at certain times. Last week we were in the electoral commission and the federal court, now we are here mostly. We are watching and looking for the development of the new government. We know the CBI does their own thing at the moment.

On the political level, we need Article 140 and the HCL at least while we watch the International standards with the IMF and maybe other organizations.

Like I said, the CBI does their own thing now and we watch the level of Banking as well know, it is usually smoke and mirrors or for educational purposes.

You end game is anything that will help the IQD to go International.

The Rumor Section and Guru's are cancer, you can tell by the difference in comments and attitudes. Here we stay strong and have some fun too.

If the country and the people of the country are suffering still, then do not expect much too soon at all, see what is going on and HOLD or take a break.

I personally put this on the table as total speculation still even though I know for fact the IQD has to go International someday and it way under valued.

Just my :twocents:. Hope I helped and didn't offend you or anyone.

31 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Offend me how?  Nah....  Adam seems to think hcl will be soon.  i take it day by day.   Been here since June of 2010 when a buddy of Atlanta proclaimed he was going to be rich someday.  But sometimes I do ask the members what they think.  Sure all chime in.  This year?  Next year etc.?  I have weeded out most gurus.  I started doing the Frank thing because I had never heard him before.  So I will try it for a few months.  Eh, what else have I got going on?

waiting on the kurds to come to Baghdad and the largest bloc to be announced, then we have either stay here in this thread or go to another

on the so guru note, I have talked to some of them personally, some have bits and pieces that really  make sense, but I seen one video of Frank and ran as fast I could lol

Off Topic: I started the whole AC thing on GLP yesterday morning, that was me hehe

18 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Well I was of the understanding...there was an article that came out last week that said the people would get HCL payments on Sept. 5th.  Is that NOT the hcl being done?

I am not sure too, I am waiting til Sept. 5th to see what happens. Also going to see what more information comes out too. I am sure I will have to ask a few questions too.

That would be awesome if it confirmed the HCL done. But we need more info I think.

Edited by newbieDA

In the document .. Abadi cancel an order to the engineer on the western and eastern Nineveh axis and warns of politicizing the crowd

11:10 - 23/08/2018

Baghdad Mawazin News 
revealed a source responsible for the issuance of a letter from the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Dr. Haider Abadi canceling two books issued by the influential in the first popular crowd concerning the cancellation of the axis of operations in western Nineveh and eastern Nineveh and Biji and the transfer of the brigade present in Sinjar as well as another book includes the removal of headquarters of brigades of cities . 
Al-Abbadi also said that the two sides should not be politicized. 
A security source told Mawazine News that the withdrawal of the crowd from Nineveh was not coordinated with the joint operations command or the approval of the commander-in-chief of the armed forces, and therefore the withdrawal creates a serious security vacuum for the benefit of terrorism during this critical period.
He said that through the Fatah bloc negotiations with the Kurds, Massoud Barzani demanded the withdrawal of the crowd from Sinjar and other areas to restore control over the disputed areas. 
The source explained that through the negotiation of the conquest with the mass of Khamis Khanjar, he asked them to take out the crowd of cities and this is the book was issued above, knowing that there have been long-time directions to remove the army and the crowd of cities and keep them outside to prevent any negative contact with the citizens but the leadership of the crowd did not implement Only now in response to political demands that harm security and mobilization. 
A copy of a book issued by the People's Propaganda Authority (Mawazine News), a copy of which was signed by Jamal Jaafar al-Ibrahim (Abu Mahdi al-Mohandes), said that, "Due to the stability of the security situation in the Nineveh region and the directives of Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, Nineveh, and Beiji, and to form a single headquarters for the leadership of the Nineveh axis led by Ali Kazim.
He added that the command of West Nineveh is attached to its entire staff and its capabilities in the Directorate of Operations, in addition to the transfer of brigade 40 from the entire area of Sinjar to its original headquarters at Spyker base and to transfer the responsibility of the brigade to the Joint Operations Command of Nineveh 
Division. Mosul from any forces belonging to the popular crowd, "noting that" the current headquarters to lead the popular crowd is the headquarters of the leadership of the axis of Nineveh " 
The Ministry of Peshmerga has confirmed the withdrawal of the popular crowd from sites in Nineveh, contrary to what the leaders of the crowd, which denied any withdrawal. 
Ended 
m h n

20238201820.jpg

• Upvote 1

Iraq .. Where did Marathon form the "largest bloc"?

04:35 - 23/08/2018

Baghdad - Mawazin News 
Description of the leadership in the alliance, "Asron" talk of the alliance, "conquest", on the announcement of the formation of the largest bloc during the days of Eid al-Adha, it comes within "media auctions, between the political blocs." 
Ayman al-Shammari said that "the talk of the axis of" conquest - the rule of law "for their ability to form the largest bloc is inaccurate, indicating that the two blocs have about 79 seats, and this figure is far from the quorum required to announce the largest parliamentary bloc. 
A member of the Fath Alliance, the Algerian farmer revealed Wednesday that "his coalition will announce the formation of the largest bloc after the accession of 27 deputies from the alliance," victory "led by Prime Minister Haider Abadi, and" State of Law "led by Nuri al-Maliki, and Kurdish blocs and the national axis of Sunni blocs.
Al-Shammari said that the Sunni and Kurdish forces have not decided to join them until now. 
"Al-Hakam" led by al-Hakim and "National" led by Vice President Iyad Allawi and the bloc of Saleh al-Mutlaq, have announced the formation of the nucleus of the largest bloc, which amounted to about 140 Presidential seat. 
And Shammari, that "the date of the announcement of the largest bloc will likely be after the end of Eid al-Adha, not during his days." 
No red lines on alliances
In this context, the leadership of the stream of wisdom Abbas al-Issawi, the determination of the axis of Sason and wisdom and victory as well as representatives of the National Coalition, the formation of two committees to move on the political forces and openness to them. 
Al-Issawi said that "the forces are the Kurdish parties, the Sunni forces and even the small blocs and minorities, which will join the alliance nucleus of the largest bloc in accordance with preliminary consultations." 
"The nucleus of the largest bloc announced at the Babylon Hotel is able to attract others as it aspires to form a government through national space, not through sectarian blocs that did not succeed during previous periods," he said, adding that "there are no red lines on any political bloc To join that nucleus, "adding that" there is a difference in the nature of programs offered by some blocks on the way to manage the country. " 
Demands of the Kurds and Sunnis
Al-Maliki and al-Sadr's central rivalry to annex the Kurds and the Sunni blocs may clash with the claims of those blocs. Both the Kurdish blocs and the National Axis have their own conditions in return for joining either axis. 
The leader of the Al-Hal party, leader of the National Axis Alliance, has revealed the terms of the axis to join the larger parliamentary bloc. 
Karbouli said in a tweet through his Twitter account, "The priorities of the axis is to remove the crowd from the liberated cities and the return of displaced persons and compensation and reconstruction of their cities in addition to the disclosure of the fate of missing and absentees, noting that those who have that will appeal to him before talking about the election," as he put it .
The sources pointed out that "the most important of these conditions is the signing of the document on the application of Article 140 of the Constitution, which may restore the province of Kirkuk and some areas of Nineveh Plain to the Kurdistan region of Iraq" 29 / h 

• Upvote 2

Saudi analyst for / Mawazin News /: The Kingdom does not interfere with the formation of the Iraqi government and supports the people chosen by the people

05:32 - 23/08/2018

Special - balance News 
The Saudi political analyst Ahmed stirrups, Thursday that the Saudi policy based on non - interference in the internal affairs of other countries, including Iraq, and while noting that it does not interfere in the issue of forming the next Iraqi government, noted that his country supports the chosen people To power in Iraq. 
Al-Rikban said in an interview with Al-Mawazin News that "Saudi Arabia since its establishment by King Abdul Aziz has not been given the interference in the affairs of other countries at all and therefore under the policy of King Salman can not in any way interfere in the formation Iraqi government".
"The fact that the Iraqi people and politicians should know that Saudi Arabia wants the internal and external stability of Iraq and the non-intervention of other countries, such as Iran and others in the Iraqi affairs," he said, adding that "Iraq remains a brotherly Arab country and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Ongoing for the people of Iraq. " 
"Iraq has been suffering since the Iraqi-Iranian war and Saudi Arabia in cooperation with Arab countries such as the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt are trying to keep Iraq away from sedition, which unfortunately is supported by parties supported by known countries." 
"But the problem with Iraq is that if the regime takes over a biased person to Iran, the security process is weakened, and from that point of view, the Arab League does not want Iraq to be an implementation area."
"The Kingdom supports the person supported by the Iraqi people, whatever their sect or party, and does not follow anyone, not Iran or Saudi Arabia. What is important is the stability of Iraq and the non-intervention of Iraq in the other affairs, like Syria and others," he said. 
He pointed out that "Saudi Arabia's policy does not interfere only if asked by the Iraqi people, who does not want to interfere with the sects and sects supported by Iran." 
"Saudi Arabia supports people who are supported by the people and can not impose one person on another on the political side and it is important that Iraq stabilizes," he concluded.

• Upvote 1

Abadi moves his thumb and stops the engineer's decision to form a government

Abadi moves his thumb and stops the engineer's decision to form a government

Twilight News    
 3 hours ago

Shafaq News / The Office of the Prime Minister and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Haider al-Abadi, issued a directive to stop the mobilization of popular formations. 
The directive comes in response to the decision of the leader of the popular crowd Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, who drew pieces of the crowd in the Sunni areas occupied after the completion of the battles dueling. 
The emergence of the crowd from those areas is a major demand for Sunni blocs to move the negotiations to form the largest bloc between the poles of Sadr and Abadi - Maliki and the political aspect of the popular mobilization. 
According to a document signed by the Secretary-General of the Armed Forces to the Popular Propaganda Authority, "reference to your letters issued by the Office of the Vice-President of the Commission / 1388 on 2 June 2018 and the Office of the Vice-President of the Commission / 1339 on 18 June 2018 the Prime Minister and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces What follows:
1 - Abolish the content of your book above and the need to abide by the law and instructions that do not politicize the body of popular mobilization. 
2 - not to cancel or develop formations until after obtaining the approval of the commander-in-chief, otherwise the parties bear the responsibility of legal responsibility. 
3 - not move any formations only after full coordination with the command of joint operations and collect the approval of the commander-in-chief of the armed forces in accordance with the contexts followed.

FDSFSFSDF.jpg

• Upvote 3

20170214_084539.jpg

Information / Special ...

Revealed the stream of national wisdom led by Ammar al-Hakim, Friday, the date of announcing the formation of the largest bloc and go to form the next government.

"The formation of the largest bloc will be announced after Eid al-Adha to avoid entering the country in the crisis of protest and public protest," said the leader of the current Habib terminal in a statement to the "Information" that "the formation of the largest bloc will be announced after victory, wisdom, patriotism and others reached great understandings through the program Government for the next stage. "

He added that "the understandings are still ongoing among all the leaders of the political blocs on the formation of the next government and the largest bloc," noting that "wisdom and others, victory and patriotism did not put red lines for the other blocs for the purpose of forming the largest bloc."

He added that "the meeting of the Babylon Hotel between the leaders of the winning blocs got to lay the foundations of the nucleus of the largest bloc," excluded "to hold a similar meeting for the hotel Babylon in the coming days."

The member of the State of Law Saad Almtalbi has revealed, on Thursday, the existence of dialogues led by his bloc with more than 200 deputies in the new parliament from various blocs to agree on the government program and the announcement of the largest bloc, stressing that no final agreement with any bloc except the opening.

The MP for the coalition of state law Mansour al-Baiji has confirmed, on Thursday, that his coalition closest to form the largest bloc. End 25 T

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, yota691 said:

He added that "the understandings are still ongoing among all the leaders of the political blocs on the formation of the next government and the largest bloc," noting that "wisdom and others, victory and patriotism did not put red lines for the other blocs for the purpose of forming the largest bloc."

36 minutes ago, yota691 said:

Iraq .. Where did Marathon form the "largest bloc"?

04:35 - 23/08/2018

Baghdad - Mawazin News 
Description of the leadership in the alliance, "Asron" talk of the alliance, "conquest", on the announcement of the formation of the largest bloc during the days of Eid al-Adha, it comes within "media auctions, between the political blocs." 
Ayman al-Shammari said that "the talk of the axis of" conquest - the rule of law "for their ability to form the largest bloc is inaccurate, indicating that the two blocs have about 79 seats, and this figure is far from the quorum required to announce the largest parliamentary bloc. 
A member of the Fath Alliance, the Algerian farmer revealed Wednesday that "his coalition will announce the formation of the largest bloc after the accession of 27 deputies from the alliance," victory "led by Prime Minister Haider Abadi, and" State of Law "led by Nuri al-Maliki, and Kurdish blocs and the national axis of Sunni blocs.
Al-Shammari said that the Sunni and Kurdish forces have not decided to join them until now. 
"Al-Hakam" led by al-Hakim and "National" led by Vice President Iyad Allawi and the bloc of Saleh al-Mutlaq, have announced the formation of the nucleus of the largest bloc, which amounted to about 140 Presidential seat. 
And Shammari, that "the date of the announcement of the largest bloc will likely be after the end of Eid al-Adha, not during his days." 
No red lines on alliances
In this context, the leadership of the stream of wisdom Abbas al-Issawi, the determination of the axis of Sason and wisdom and victory as well as representatives of the National Coalition, the formation of two committees to move on the political forces and openness to them. 
Al-Issawi said that "the forces are the Kurdish parties, the Sunni forces and even the small blocs and minorities, which will join the alliance nucleus of the largest bloc in accordance with preliminary consultations." 
"The nucleus of the largest bloc announced at the Babylon Hotel is able to attract others as it aspires to form a government through national space, not through sectarian blocs that did not succeed during previous periods," he said, adding that "there are no red lines on any political bloc To join that nucleus, "adding that" there is a difference in the nature of programs offered by some blocks on the way to manage the country. " 
Demands of the Kurds and Sunnis
Al-Maliki and al-Sadr's central rivalry to annex the Kurds and the Sunni blocs may clash with the claims of those blocs. Both the Kurdish blocs and the National Axis have their own conditions in return for joining either axis. 
The leader of the Al-Hal party, leader of the National Axis Alliance, has revealed the terms of the axis to join the larger parliamentary bloc. 
Karbouli said in a tweet through his Twitter account, "The priorities of the axis is to remove the crowd from the liberated cities and the return of displaced persons and compensation and reconstruction of their cities in addition to the disclosure of the fate of missing and absentees, noting that those who have that will appeal to him before talking about the election," as he put it .
The sources pointed out that "the most important of these conditions is the signing of the document on the application of Article 140 of the Constitution, which may restore the province of Kirkuk and some areas of Nineveh Plain to the Kurdistan region of Iraq" 29 / h 

very telling and informative, TY yota

• Upvote 2

Victory coalition: Parl't’s largest bloc to be announced after Eid al-Adha

Member of Victory Coalition Ali Sinaid said the announcement of the formation of Parliament’s largest bloc will take place after Eid al-Adha.

In press statements, Sinaid explained that his coalition is open to all political blocs, underlining that his coalition is united and denying rumors that there are divisions inside it and that some members have quit the coalition.

The Parliamentary elections was marked by record low turnout. It was the first since Iraq declared victory over the ISIS group and the fourth since the 2003 US-led invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein.

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/30917/Victory-coalition-Parl-t-s-largest-bloc-to-be-announced-after-Eid-al-Adha

• Upvote 3

Kurds put conditions for allying with Shiites to form government

RTS1R3B3-870.jpg
ARTICLE SUMMARY
Shiite parties seek to gain favor with the Kurdish parties to include them in the majority charged with forming the new government, while the Kurds consider this a historical opportunity to impose their conditions on those wishing to ally with them.

ERBIL, Iraqi Kurdistan — The main Kurdish parties are awaiting the formation of the largest “Shiite” parliamentary bloc constitutionally tasked with forming the Iraqi government, to launch negotiations to participate in this government, at a time when the current Shiite division gives the Kurds a central role in the formation of the next government.

After agreeing Aug. 22 to unite the Kurds within a bloc accounting for the total number of the 55 Kurdish seats, in order to continue conducting dialogues formally with Baghdad, Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) leader Arez Abdullah announced the Kurds’ conditionsfor participating in the government.

“Our conditions and demands are constitutional and include the implementation of Article 140 of the constitution regarding the disputed territories between Baghdad and Erbil, the existence of a government with true national partnership and achieving harmony and balance until the implementation of the articles of the constitution concerning Iraqi Kurdistan, the budget share, the oil issue and peshmerga salaries.”

He also stressed that "our demands are legitimate and we will join forces with the axis that is consistent with our political vision.”

The Shiite parties are currently split along two lines. The first brings together the State of Law Coalition led by Nouri al-Maliki and the Fatah Alliance led by Hadi al-Amiri, while the second includes Al-Nasr Coalition led by Haider al-Abadi, Muqtada al-Sadr's Sairoon Alliance and the Hikma bloc led by Ammar al-Hakim. Each believes it is capable of forming the largest parliamentary bloc separately from the other once they succeed in swaying the Sunnis and the Kurds.

According to Massoud Barzani’s media adviser, Kefah Mahmoud, the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) led by Barzani considers itself closer to Maliki's coalition so far, but is not drawing red lines on Abadi's coalition. Mahmoud told Al-Monitor that the KDP has agreed with the PUK on the prerequisites for joining forces with any Shiite bloc, and those include “achieving balance between Iraqi components in state institutions, maintaining a real partnership in state administration and implementing the Iraqi Constitution regarding the status of the disputed areas, including Kirkuk.”

He said, “The normalization of the situation under Article 140 of the constitution is the only solution to the disputed areas. Otherwise conflicts and problems shall persist.”

Mahmoud added, “The Kurds are looking this time for pledges with international guarantees and time frames for fear of false promises as in the past.”

The Kurds are seeking to change the status quo in Kirkuk that followed the Iraqi Kurdistan independence referendum on Sept. 25, 2017, and allowed Iraqi security forces and Shiite Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) to take over the oil-rich province expelling peshmerga forces. Therefore, the Kurds are now having reservations about Abadi whose actions came as "punishment to the people of Kurdistan,” according to Mahmoud, and about the Fatah Alliance that represents the PMU factions in control of Kirkuk.

PUK member Saadi Birah told Al-Monitor, “The PUK has set up a joint project with the KDP that states the conditions for allying with the largest parliamentary bloc to form the government. This project consists of 27 clauses, most of which are related to the disputed areas.”

He also noted that “negotiations with other Iraqi parties will take place immediately at the conclusion of discussions between the Shiite blocs.”

The Kurdish parties seem for the time being hesitant or unwilling to favor Maliki or Abadi. Before stating their final position, they are waiting to see the pledges and guarantees that both parties will provide. Shiite parties do not dare make any concessions regarding Kirkuk and other disputed areas in Ninevah, Diyala or Salahuddin, so as not to be accused afterward of “waiving” federal gains made by the current government.

Naim Aboudi, spokesman for Asaib Ahl al-Haq (League of the Righteous) belonging to the Fatah Alliance, said, “The Sunnis’ or Kurds’ conditions on the largest bloc in the next government will push the Shiite blocs to realign themselves because the Iraqi street will not show any mercy."

He added in a tweet, “Fatah is a tenacious ally, but it has rules for agreeing or disagreeing,” underlining that it maintains dialogues “with everyone without compromising our principles and rights.”

It is not unlikely to revive the Shiite alliance again, especially since Qasem Soleimani, commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps' Quds Force, arrived last week in Iraq, at the same time as Iraq's Federal Supreme Court ratification on the final results of the election. Soleimani is known to have strong relations with all the Shiite parties, and Tehran might seek to unite the Shiite parties allowing them to impose their own conditions on the other Iraqi parties.

On the other hand, the political parties are aware that US envoy to Iraq Brett McGurk, who also arrived in Iraq at the same time as Soleimani, is urging the Kurds and Sunnis to join the Sadr-Hakim-Abadi alliance. Fatah Alliance member Jassem al-Bayati said in a statement to Almaalomah news agency, “Washington is trying through Trump’s representative, Brett McGurk, to pressure the Shiites, Sunnis and Kurds to support Abadi for a second term."

He noted that “Abadi's position on the US sanctions against the Islamic Republic of Iran has increased his chances in Washington for a second term.”

Negotiations for the formation of the largest parliamentary bloc are likely to take more time than expected, perhaps exceeding the time frame stipulated in the constitution, due to the huge complexities on the Iraqi scene that coincide with the height of the US-Iranian conflict. Therefore, the Kurds will not engage in any negotiations with the Shiite parties before the formation of the "largest bloc" and the nomination of an agreeable figure to head the new government, especially if Tehran's support for the Maliki-Amiri axis was established, against Washington's support for the Sadr-Hakim-Abadi axis.

Then the Kurds would prefer to see the Shiites uniting rather than losing the Iranian ally when it comes to the PUK, or the American ally when it comes to the KDP.

Found in:

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2018/08/iraq-kurdistan-baghdad-government.html#ixzz5P71V17wi

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

It’s over - announce it ! Wait a minute, what can I be thinking here:  y’all gotta have a meeting first to decide that. Better announce when that will be first.

I know, I know: Soon

Theres a ️ Game on .. . . . Gotta hop.

No no you forgot about a committee to be formed to confirm the legality regarding

the meeting the constitution and what not's with a holiday thrown in. :P    Enjoy your ballgame!  :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Kurds put conditions for allying with Shiites to form government

RTS1R3B3-870.jpg
ARTICLE SUMMARY
Shiite parties seek to gain favor with the Kurdish parties to include them in the majority charged with forming the new government, while the Kurds consider this a historical opportunity to impose their conditions on those wishing to ally with them.

ERBIL, Iraqi Kurdistan — The main Kurdish parties are awaiting the formation of the largest “Shiite” parliamentary bloc constitutionally tasked with forming the Iraqi government, to launch negotiations to participate in this government, at a time when the current Shiite division gives the Kurds a central role in the formation of the next government.

After agreeing Aug. 22 to unite the Kurds within a bloc accounting for the total number of the 55 Kurdish seats, in order to continue conducting dialogues formally with Baghdad, Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) leader Arez Abdullah announced the Kurds’ conditionsfor participating in the government.

“Our conditions and demands are constitutional and include the implementation of Article 140 of the constitution regarding the disputed territories between Baghdad and Erbil, the existence of a government with true national partnership and achieving harmony and balance until the implementation of the articles of the constitution concerning Iraqi Kurdistan, the budget share, the oil issue and peshmerga salaries.”

He also stressed that "our demands are legitimate and we will join forces with the axis that is consistent with our political vision.”

The Shiite parties are currently split along two lines. The first brings together the State of Law Coalition led by Nouri al-Maliki and the Fatah Alliance led by Hadi al-Amiri, while the second includes Al-Nasr Coalition led by Haider al-Abadi, Muqtada al-Sadr's Sairoon Alliance and the Hikma bloc led by Ammar al-Hakim. Each believes it is capable of forming the largest parliamentary bloc separately from the other once they succeed in swaying the Sunnis and the Kurds.

According to Massoud Barzani’s media adviser, Kefah Mahmoud, the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) led by Barzani considers itself closer to Maliki's coalition so far, but is not drawing red lines on Abadi's coalition. Mahmoud told Al-Monitor that the KDP has agreed with the PUK on the prerequisites for joining forces with any Shiite bloc, and those include “achieving balance between Iraqi components in state institutions, maintaining a real partnership in state administration and implementing the Iraqi Constitution regarding the status of the disputed areas, including Kirkuk.”

He said, “The normalization of the situation under Article 140 of the constitution is the only solution to the disputed areas. Otherwise conflicts and problems shall persist.”

Mahmoud added, “The Kurds are looking this time for pledges with international guarantees and time frames for fear of false promises as in the past.”

The Kurds are seeking to change the status quo in Kirkuk that followed the Iraqi Kurdistan independence referendum on Sept. 25, 2017, and allowed Iraqi security forces and Shiite Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) to take over the oil-rich province expelling peshmerga forces. Therefore, the Kurds are now having reservations about Abadi whose actions came as "punishment to the people of Kurdistan,” according to Mahmoud, and about the Fatah Alliance that represents the PMU factions in control of Kirkuk.

PUK member Saadi Birah told Al-Monitor, “The PUK has set up a joint project with the KDP that states the conditions for allying with the largest parliamentary bloc to form the government. This project consists of 27 clauses, most of which are related to the disputed areas.”

He also noted that “negotiations with other Iraqi parties will take place immediately at the conclusion of discussions between the Shiite blocs.”

The Kurdish parties seem for the time being hesitant or unwilling to favor Maliki or Abadi. Before stating their final position, they are waiting to see the pledges and guarantees that both parties will provide. Shiite parties do not dare make any concessions regarding Kirkuk and other disputed areas in Ninevah, Diyala or Salahuddin, so as not to be accused afterward of “waiving” federal gains made by the current government.

Naim Aboudi, spokesman for Asaib Ahl al-Haq (League of the Righteous) belonging to the Fatah Alliance, said, “The Sunnis’ or Kurds’ conditions on the largest bloc in the next government will push the Shiite blocs to realign themselves because the Iraqi street will not show any mercy."

He added in a tweet, “Fatah is a tenacious ally, but it has rules for agreeing or disagreeing,” underlining that it maintains dialogues “with everyone without compromising our principles and rights.”

It is not unlikely to revive the Shiite alliance again, especially since Qasem Soleimani, commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps' Quds Force, arrived last week in Iraq, at the same time as Iraq's Federal Supreme Court ratification on the final results of the election. Soleimani is known to have strong relations with all the Shiite parties, and Tehran might seek to unite the Shiite parties allowing them to impose their own conditions on the other Iraqi parties.

On the other hand, the political parties are aware that US envoy to Iraq Brett McGurk, who also arrived in Iraq at the same time as Soleimani, is urging the Kurds and Sunnis to join the Sadr-Hakim-Abadi alliance. Fatah Alliance member Jassem al-Bayati said in a statement to Almaalomah news agency, “Washington is trying through Trump’s representative, Brett McGurk, to pressure the Shiites, Sunnis and Kurds to support Abadi for a second term."

He noted that “Abadi's position on the US sanctions against the Islamic Republic of Iran has increased his chances in Washington for a second term.”

Negotiations for the formation of the largest parliamentary bloc are likely to take more time than expected, perhaps exceeding the time frame stipulated in the constitution, due to the huge complexities on the Iraqi scene that coincide with the height of the US-Iranian conflict. Therefore, the Kurds will not engage in any negotiations with the Shiite parties before the formation of the "largest bloc" and the nomination of an agreeable figure to head the new government, especially if Tehran's support for the Maliki-Amiri axis was established, against Washington's support for the Sadr-Hakim-Abadi axis.

Then the Kurds would prefer to see the Shiites uniting rather than losing the Iranian ally when it comes to the PUK, or the American ally when it comes to the KDP.

Found in:

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2018/08/iraq-kurdistan-baghdad-government.html#ixzz5P71V17wi

good read Pitcher, thank you got posting this, really helps

• Thanks 2

• yota691 changed the title to Announcement of the largest bloc