Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank closes sales for the liquidation of accounts in 2011

trooper

I was here last year, not the year before, and there was so much going on. I do not remember eoy accounting period that closed anything. Maybe it was because I was babysitting, menopausal, eating watermelon, and having sex, and missed it. B)

But, I really don't remember this. Anybody?

Now that is some serious multi-tasking... :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

So do you think all the banks are aligned and ready to go Zig?

The news we had about rasheed and rafidain opening up last week was great news and now this

Another piece of this that keeps being swept to the side, are the tariffs. They were put on hold, and this week we see that customs and tariffs training has been going on with bordering countries and the electronic systems being put into place. I think the customs/tariffs law is within the 2012 budget, which will be passed soon, and is scheduled for its second reading. I

If the RV is taking place in the next two weeks, they have had lower denoms printed quietly, or perhaps they are going to use the stock they had printed in 2003.

• Upvote 1

Another piece of this that keeps being swept to the side, are the tariffs. They were put on hold, and this week we see that customs and tariffs training has been going on with bordering countries and the electronic systems being put into place. I think the customs/tariffs law is within the 2012 budget, which will be passed soon, and is scheduled for its second reading. I

If the RV is taking place in the next two weeks, they have had lower denoms printed quietly, or perhaps they are going to use the stock they had printed in 2003.

Between the purchase of De La Rue machines, the Parliamentary readings that are coming, and so many other pieces coming together, I am getting more excited. Adam did mention in one of his chats that the lower denoms had been printed for some time.

BTW: I appreciate your continual efforts. I would guess many others do as well...

• Upvote 1

Don't they have to print all new lower denoms to incorporate the 3 languages and new security features? I think the ones printed in 2003 would not have the 3 languages....therefore not be what they want to use. Just a thought.

I would think those denoms with three languages will come out in two years. Just my opinion though, not gospel. :)

So in essence the CBI is stating no currency auctions? So they can balance the books........sounds good to me!

After the last few weeks of huge auctions......I think I like where this is going!

Anyone read the same?

I am not arguing the point, but I am saying you do not close down a business to balance the books. It is electronic. You know where you are. Plus you do not close a profit center and loose out of millions in profit so your accountant can balance the books. Nah.

• Upvote 2

I am not arguing the point, but I am saying you do not close down a business to balance the books. It is electronic. You know where you are. Plus you do not close a profit center and loose out of millions in profit so your accountant can balance the books. Nah.

You do if you want a clean cutt-off. No transactions on a day, leaves a very good cutt-off. Plus they probably want to do a physical count of all currency in house.

-

• Upvote 2

You do if you want a clean cutt-off. No transactions on a day, leaves a very good cutt-off. Plus they probably want to do a physical count of all currency in house.

-

Yea but they could have done it Sunday or any other day......since they've been closed for 5 days.

Seems silly to loose out on so much money. Yes yes I know they are closed Friday and Saturday then for new year but they work plenty on their days off

I was here last year, not the year before, and there was so much going on. I do not remember eoy accounting period that closed anything. Maybe it was because I was babysitting, menopausal, eating watermelon, and having sex, and missed it. cool.gif

But, I really don't remember this. Anybody?

was that ALL at the same time? laugh.gif if so you might be superwoman.

• Upvote 1