Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Better find a Job - Quick

Your indulgence please...

On a personal note I've been applying for work since January when I lost my 20+ year gig. In my entire career, I never been stonewalled like this before. Raising 4 kids solo since 1999 has been tough - but now it is impossible. I've been prayin' for an RV/RI or any improvement to help out - but alas, it looks like Iraq has bigger fish to fry than money. They are all still fighting over their sandbox full of oil in hopes and speculation that their group will come out on top.

In the mean time, I'm left to have frequent fire sales of my things and picking up the odd consulting job here and there. I have refused to liquidate any of my IQD - cause I just know I'd kick myself down the road after it finally improves - even if still years off.

So if anybody knows of a pal or boss looking for an experienced executive technical sales guy or regional sales manager centered around 60601 - please let me know. We've already come to grips with the only thing we'll get for Christmas is each other... but it sure would be nice to be able to get the gas back on before the winter cold takes its toll on the house.

I don't want to say too much here, since its so public, but seriously, I'm really hoping I could get a meaningful lead and refrence. I'd be glad to forward a resume and referrals to a serious response.

Thanks a lot everyone for letting me pop in and ask... I just gotta try every venue.

Merry Christmas!

gg

• Upvote 3

It's tough being out of a job and raising children alone, but hang in there. I'm sure something will come your way.

Sometimes a church will have an organizations with connections, that may be able to help you out. They may help you with your utilities, even a little groceries. And you don't have to be a member. But you are part of their community.

Your in my prayers. Stay strong. :)

• Upvote 2

I don't want to say too much here, since its so public, but seriously, I'm really hoping I could get a meaningful lead and refrence. I'd be glad to forward a resume and referrals to a serious response.

Merry Christmas!

gg

Almost the entire central USA is booming with oil production.

I was seriously considering going to the Dakotas myself.

It is nasty smelly work, but very good pay.

If you go, be sure to drag a trailer, there's no housing left anywhere.

I'll send a prayer before I hit enter.

• Upvote 1

Hey here's hoping some good luck comes your way very soon.Situation is the same here in Australia everyone has to go to the Mines for work and you usually have to know someone to get in.Plus take your own accomodation with you!in tow behind your 4 wheeldrive.All the bestluck for Christmas and the New Year.Lets hope 2012 will be different for you and your family.Sorry we can only send you goodwill across the ditch mate.

• Upvote 2

On a personal note I've been applying for work since January when I lost my 20+ year gig. In my entire career, I never been stonewalled like this before. Raising 4 kids solo since 1999 has been tough - but now it is impossible. I've been prayin' for an RV/RI or any improvement to help out - but alas, it looks like Iraq has bigger fish to fry than money. They are all still fighting over their sandbox full of oil in hopes and speculation that their group will come out on top.

In the mean time, I'm left to have frequent fire sales of my things and picking up the odd consulting job here and there. I have refused to liquidate any of my IQD - cause I just know I'd kick myself down the road after it finally improves - even if still years off.

So if anybody knows of a pal or boss looking for an experienced executive technical sales guy or regional sales manager centered around 60601 - please let me know. We've already come to grips with the only thing we'll get for Christmas is each other... but it sure would be nice to be able to get the gas back on before the winter cold takes its toll on the house.

GG,

hey whats your email so i can send you something paypal.

it wont be much, but things sound rougher there than I have it right now....

Message me, says I cant message you.

• Upvote 9

Specific jobs are hard to come by these days, sometimes you have to think outside the box. Get creative with your search, maybe you could try getting grants and create your own business. If you can show a good plan that will help employ others there are many grants to come by. Just check your county or state websites and you'll see what they have to offer. I myself have about five different jobs that are all on my schedule not someone elses. It takes alot of creativity to equal a full time job but I get to set my own hours and be with my kids more (less daycare to pay for) We all have to juggle through life but I truley hope your futures shines bright with prospects and I will hold you in my prayers.

• Upvote 2

It may take too long to get started since you are already at the "desperate" stage, but your skills sound salable from your own website online. Through a website and a blog, you can guide and instruct others on how to sell their skills, meantime marketing your own skills to them. Since I am a retired English professor with many years of teaching materials for English classes, that is what I intend to do after the new year begins. One of the first things I plan to offer is information regarding resumé writing. Use your own imagination and work history to build a few good items to market, and then do it online. It saves you gas money by not having to drive to and from work, and with four kids, it would be nice for you to be able to work from home. Let your imagination lead you, and you will find several ways to offer your skills to others, and to make a good living while doing so.

• Upvote 1

Meantime, I wish you a wonderfully Merry Christmas!! This may be your best one yet. A personal story--several years ago when my children were all four still at home, I knew I couldn't buy much for them, so I told them that I could buy them each one pair of "designer jeans' which is how we described such items at the time, and that was all they would get, and I meant ALL. They assured me that it was alright, but as their mother, it was breaking my heart. On Christmas morning, I got up with a heavy heart and made hot chocolate for us to drink while they opened their one package under the tree. But when we went into the living room to gather around the tree, there were dozens of rolls of colored construction paper, all tied up with ribbons and thrown helter-skelter under the tree. We had no idea who did this, but each of these rolls had one of our names on it, and there were several for each of us. One large one opened on the tree said that they were to remind us of our dreams, that we would still get those things someday soon, and that our family was not "broke" in any of the ways that mattered. I cried the entire time we unrolled our "gifts" in construction paper, each of which had pictures from magazines and newspapers of the most outrageous things we could possibly want. My own gifts included a shopping trip to New York's Bonwit Teller in New York, a new kitchen, and a new car, while all the other family members opened theirs as well, and all of us laughed together about what we "got" for Christmas.

All but my oldest daughter. We finally noticed that there were no "gifts" for her presented in pictures glued to rolled up construction paper. So she was the culprit. When she realized we were not going to have much under the tree, she spent hours looking through magazines for pictures of things she imagined each of us would want, and she pasted these pictures to the contruction paper, rolled it up and tied it with ribbon, and attached our names to them. By the time we had each opened our gifts, albeit only magazine pictures glued to construction paper, we felt like we had truly experienced "Christmas" at our house. Instead of feeling poor, we felt the richness of family and the hope of a better future, thanks to the imagination of a wonderful daughter whose love for all of us surmounted the emptiness of poverty. In an instant, that Christmas turned from being one of poverty, need, and want to a strong reminder of the true riches our family shared that morning under that long-ago Christmas tree.

• Upvote 9

I grew up in Texas in Baytown, right by Houston. Last May CNN ran a 7 minute report about the tech jobs booming in Baytown and what Lee College is doing about it. I know you might not want to relocate. I understand how difficult that is with children. But maybe after all they and you have been through, they are more than willing to help you make a better life for all of you. Check out Sterling High School. Maybe you could contact Lee College, and they could give you some leads. Might be a possibility.

I wish you the very best. I know what you mean about waiting and hoping for the RV. My husband and I have been desperate many times during the past 2 years. At one time we went a week without any food. Then we found our county's Multi-Service Center. And it has saved us many, many times. We both are well-educated and worked in great jobs our whole lives. Then he got ill with MS, and I can no longer work because of somebrain atrophy issues. But I hope and pray you find something soon.

cdg

• Upvote 1

gg-

Bless you brother for being so transparent! I'm in Houston and will confirm what some of the other Texans have said...things are good overall down here. I heard it once said that a salesman should never be out of a job. I would think with your background in technical sales that the "oil patch" would be a great fit for you. Give it a try if that's even remotely feasible. Don't know where you live, but start a search for oil and gas contractors in your area. Keep us posted and I am praying for you right now!

TN

Thanks eeryone for the sensitivity, kindness and love... I'm heading back out on a roof right now to do a side-job but its friggen freezing -lol

I will check out your suggestions as soon as I can - not much anyone can do before monday at this time - but thank you thank you thank you!

greg

Wavggg...looks like you put your concerns to the right people...things are going to turn around for you...I've said it before and I'll say it again...the folks on here are grade A, certified, registered top of the line compassionate, caring, loving people...God love em and bless em along with you!

• Upvote 3

I dont post much. Reading this reminds me that hope and love still exists in this country. God Bless all of you, Merry Christmas.

ggg, Wish you the best in all you do.The best things usually come when your at the bottom. May Gods grace and guidance point you in the right direction.

Francie, that made me cry!!

Sams, +1 for you. What a wonderful person you are.

Wavgg, what about this one? It's in your area, Chicago. "searching for an experienced sales professional to develop and sell advertising and marketing campaigns to new and existing clients." Does that fit what you do or close to it?

It's at ESPN. Link below...

http://jobs.espncareers.com/chicago/featured/jobid2041066-account-executive-jobs

I dont know if you know how to use Xactimate or not but project managers, roofing sales, in your area is pretty big right now. When you list yourself as a sales manager if you know roofs or roof systems you have a lot of openings in your neck of the woods. Obvioulsy you can climb a ladder and know how to roof or you wouldnt be working on one. Look up roofing sales in your area in Simply Hired. Once you learn how to help people work with their insurance claims on storm damaged homes you will be able to make a decent living anywhere you go. It is seasonal a bit but your area is hiring as I have been offered jobs in your neck of the woods. Good luck in your endeavors.

Camera, ladder, ability to haul a ladder (collapsible ladders fit in the trunk of a car), tape measure, computer. Most companies will train you on things you do not know.