Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

December 15 decision Ki-moon Iraq and chapter 7

Sorry... mods can delete. I was too slow!

be nice if it was in english!!!

Here is what Google translator came up with:

The seventh

11-12-2011 | (Voice of Iraq) - Add comments - Washington / with / follow-up - Zia Caliph

Said the Secretary General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon, said there was progress in the settlement of a potential issue of missing Kuwaitis and the issue of missing Kuwaiti property, a proposal to extend the period of financial funding for the delegation of the Special Coordinator of the United Nations Gennady Tarasov, on these issues six months.

According to a report that, which was read last night before the Security Council "in the light of the progress possible in the future, I propose to extend the UN Security Council mandate for the coordinated up to 30 from June 2012 to build on the momentum towards the implementation of Security Council resolution with related ".

Ban said, "It seems that the search for missing Kuwaitis and other nationalities in Iraq is still going on."

"We welcome the cooperation shown by the Government of Iraq in this regard, and encourage them to take practical steps to fulfill additional obligations .. and I wish to acknowledge the support provided by the Kuwaiti government."

The proposals of the Secretary General of the United Nations, despite the fact that Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari said in a letter to the United Nations last July that he «does not see a need to extend the mandate of the Special Coordinator after December, so that the Tripartite Commission and Technical Sub-Committee to work effectively on the humanitarian issue in the interest of Iraq and Kuwait. "

Be paid finance functions Tarasov of the oil resources of Iraq by the United Nations Fund.

He noted that that "Kuwaiti officials, both in bilateral meetings or through the different messages, Nashidoh support an extension of the mandate of the Special Coordinator in order to achieve substantive results contribute to put an end to this humanitarian issue."

He said, for example, received a message from Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Sabah Al-Khalid, in which he stated that "there has been no Tkdmmund in 2004, would explore the fate of 369 people missing, and stressed that Kuwait's support for the extension of the mandate of the Tarasov."

He called on Secretary General of the United Nations Iraq to "continue to work with Kuwait in an atmosphere of trust in order to achieve significant progress in resolving this humanitarian issue."

He believed that "this cooperation as well as other important steps taken by Iraq on the path to fulfill its obligations under Security Council resolutions relevant, will enhance the chances of exit from Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations."

The priority in the work of Tarasov "format to send missions to explore the common sites in Iraq, where they are likely to be found where the bodies of Kuwaitis and others."

He explained that "The three missions were carried out until the present time to the city of Nasiriyah south-west of Iraq in December of 2010, and to the nearby emirate of quintile in the marshlands in southern Iraq in June, and in September of the same year."

He stressed that: "Although he is not exploring any human remains, these missions represent a promising framework for further work on the ground, and can become an effective mechanism of the missions to investigate fully the fate of the missing."

He pointed out that "these efforts established confidence in the performance of hard work, and give a perspective is possible to reach concrete results, stressing that" significant progress will require strong commitment and efforts in a constructive and professional, and permanent shoulder to shoulder. "

The Secretary General of the United Nations that "the human rights minister, Mohammed al-Sudan Tarasov told when he was in Baghdad, the ministry has prepared a work plan for 2012 to ensure priority for further investigation in the Emirate of quintile in southern Iraq town of Hilla in central Iraq."

He added that "the Iraqi minister told Tarasov also received equipment that Iraq bought by Kuwait, at a cost of about one million dollars to dig mass graves to find out about the identities of those buried in it."

He expressed his belief that "Iraq needs to work with the United Nations, in accordance with this humanitarian issue the specified time frame."

In the context of Offline Secretary General of the United Nations that "the remains of 32 soldiers discovered an Iraqi Technical Sub-Committee at the beginning of this year, and was handed over to Iraqi authorities last July," adding that "similar moth was implemented in northern Kuwait at the end of last November."

On the issue of Kuwaiti archives, Ban expressed "concern about the lack of substantial progress in the search for, and the lack of documented information about his whereabouts until now."

Ban said that "a letter sent to him by Iraq last November found that 136 tape newspaper microfilm dating back to Kuwait today, and he sent a letter to the Kuwaiti authorities in this regard."

Is set to "decide the Security Council in a report that in the fifteenth of December, and Tarasov will be invited to provide a briefing to members on developments issues."

Read more: http://www.sotaliraq...ws.php?id=34330 # ixzz1gT6oRrdK

• Upvote 1

be nice if it was in english!!!

Tony brings so much to Dinar Vets. He dedicates himself to bringing us information, and most of us appreciate it very much.

If you made it through the link, drscott, and found the article in Arabic, why didn't you translate it and post it back here. Are you waiting for Tony or someone else to do it? Most of us like to work as a team and family here at DV, and to do that, you have to make an effort. This is not a IQD information vending machine.

Is there anything else we can do you for you today?

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 4

Here's the link to the actual UNSC report this month, and it says Iraq still has a ways to go before they lift CH7, hence the 6 month extension. The Iraqis can say they are sovereign all they want, but until the UNSC says so, unfortunately, they are still stuck in CH7. Unless they have some kind of behind the scenes deal being cooked up, they aren't going anywhere till they satisfy the Kuwaiti issue:

http://www.un.org/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=S/2011/754&referer=/english/&Lang=E

• Upvote 1

Tony brings so much to Dinar Vets. He dedicates himself to bringing us information, and most of us appreciate it very much.

If you made it through the link, drscott, and found the article in Arabic, why didn't you translate it and post it back here. Are you waiting for Tony or someone else to do it? Most of us like to work as a team and family here at DV, and to do that, you have to make an effort. This is not a IQD information vending machine.

My dad always told me if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything. ;)

I'm trying, how about everyone else! :)

• Upvote 2

Thanks for your kind words Carrello, I posted this article in a hurry [ Iwas cooking dinner ] and didn't have the time to do it, my wife and daughter don't like burnt food :lol: thanks for the links everybody.

Im very dissapointed BY THIS news.

Why ?

Thanks for your kind words Carrello, I posted this article in a hurry [ Iwas cooking dinner ] and didn't have the time to do it, my wife and daughter don't like burnt food :lol: thanks for the links everybody.

BECAUSE. I. WAS HOPING. FOR A CHPT 7 RELEASE THIS MONTH. IF THERE IS TO BE AN EXTENSION. WE WILL BE WAITING LONGER.

Why ?

Here's the link to the actual UNSC report this month, and it says Iraq still has a ways to go before they lift CH7, hence the 6 month extension. The Iraqis can say they are sovereign all they want, but until the UNSC says so, unfortunately, they are still stuck in CH7. Unless they have some kind of behind the scenes deal being cooked up, they aren't going anywhere till they satisfy the Kuwaiti issue:

http://www.un.org/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=S/2011/754&referer=/english/&Lang=E

While we may indeed be in this adventure an other 6 months or more. I believe that this report is much more positive than that. This report is specific to paragraph 14 of resolution 1284, in other words the issues between Iraq and Kuwait, not Chapter 7 as a whole.

"In view of the potential for progress that lies ahead, I recommend that the

Security Council extend the financing of the mandate of the Coordinator until

30 June 2012, in order to continue to build upon the existing momentum towards the

implementation of paragraph 14 of resolution 1284 (1999)."

The way I see this is that they are saying that things are going well enough that they are recommending that the financing of this endeavor be extended.

Does not necessarily mean that we "stuck" for another 6 months.

GO RV!!!

:D :D :D :D

Edited by PUNT18
  • Upvote 1

While we may indeed be in this adventure an other 6 months or more. I believe that this report is much more positive than that. This report is specific to paragraph 14 of resolution 1284, in other words the issues between Iraq and Kuwait, not Chapter 7 as a whole.

"In view of the potential for progress that lies ahead, I recommend that the

Security Council extend the financing of the mandate of the Coordinator until

30 June 2012, in order to continue to build upon the existing momentum towards the

implementation of paragraph 14 of resolution 1284 (1999)."

The way I see this is that they are saying that things are going well enough that they are recommending that the financing of this endeavor be extended.

Does not necessarily mean that we "stuck" for another 6 months.

GO RV!!!

:D :D :D :D

If they don't get their business with Kuwait handled before then, "stuck" is exactly where we will be. I want the RV as bad as anyone, but until I see the UNSC actually LIFT CH7, I'm not gonna get too excited just yet. Let's all hope they get their ducks in a row quickly... Thx

• Upvote 1

Does this Special Coordinator, coordinate the search for Kuwaiti peoples/bodies and property inside Iraq? Or do they coordinate the release from Chapter 7 on or about 6/7/12? Or can the iqd rv/ri prior to this date, like say 12/30/11 , and they continue searching for people and property after a december 2011 rv/ri?