Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A few events taking place between now and the 15th.

Stryker365

All we can do is continue to stay grounded. Although these dates are set it certainly doesn't mean they won't cancel meetings or extend deadlines as they are infamous for. One can hope we get a lot accomplished but after 5+ years in this, we have seen "important meetings" set every single month and esp. around this time of year - every year. There is nothing set in stone that the HCL has to be passed by the end of the year. WE think it should be, but we don't know what happens over there behind closed doors and the conversations and reasons they do things. In any case, thanks for the post, just trying to keep everyone grounded because if you search through the archives of this or any other site....you will see very similar things that supposedly were happenning years ago. I'm of the opinion at this point that I'll believe it when I see it....but here's to hoping!

• Upvote 1

+1 homey.

I'll get crackin on these links!

All we can do is continue to stay grounded. Although these dates are set it certainly doesn't mean they won't cancel meetings or extend deadlines as they are infamous for. One can hope we get a lot accomplished but after 5+ years in this, we have seen "important meetings" set every single month and esp. around this time of year - every year. There is nothing set in stone that the HCL has to be passed by the end of the year. WE think it should be, but we don't know what happens over there behind closed doors and the conversations and reasons they do things. In any case, thanks for the post, just trying to keep everyone grounded because if you search through the archives of this or any other site....you will see very similar things that supposedly were happenning years ago. I'm of the opinion at this point that I'll believe it when I see it....but here's to hoping!

We were never at the point of leaving Iraq ;) I totally understand what you mean though. To me, it feels somewhat different - something HAS TO HAPPEN with this currency. Whether drastic changes (good), or quick swipes of the zero (bad), we know the dinar has to be worth something in the global market soon.

Iraq knows this too.

• Upvote 1

Stryker... yes, so many good, positive things piling up it is hard to keep track of it all. Military bases being turned over, fighter jet orders in the billions. Saddam's palace returned to the government of Iraq. The list goes on and on... it's like they are starting to trip over themselves to get things done! laugh.gif

Does that mean there will be no more delays? Who knows??? unsure.gif ... but I think they realize that the end of the occupation is near... and they smell the air of freedom once again. With freedom comes pride... in their own country again! That is the main reason I think they will keep the pace coming and complete what they started. Just pulled this off G.G.... I love the part about becoming a "economic powerhouse"... I don't think you can do that with a lop! rolleyes.gif Link: http://articlesofint...erhouse-in.html

I do think we are looking at an RV pretty soon... within the next couple of weeks imho. So hold onto your seats my friends... this ride is almost over! wink.gif

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 2

I believe we are there. A lot of progress was completed in November. The icing on the cake are what remaining obstacles will be accomplished by 15 December. I believe after Iraqi Officials meet with Obama, the World Settlement Fund will be signed into law & the CBI will push the button. It's not party time yet but they are preparing the ballroom.

• Upvote 4

I'm glad so much of the world is involved in this, not just us. I think the UN, the IMF, the world's central banking systems, among others, all could have some say in when this happens, but I don't think it's entirely up to Shabibi now. It was, but with the involvement of so many other central banking systems, he may still be the only one legally entitiled to actually do this in Iraq, but when it comes to "when" he does it, that may now be in the hands of those who have organized and set in place the plan to change currencies in so many nations. I suspect there are a number of actions and/or events, each of which must be done in a logical, pre-determined order, so this huge change will be done with the least possible disruption of people, governments, and world-wide financial structures. Every country that is involved, however, has its own powerful "loose cannon(s)," any one of whom could put a last minute wrench in the plans.

• Upvote 2

Stryker, meetings may change, dates may be revised, but your sentiment will remain in tact and unwavering. It is refreshing to see someone stop in this mix of certainty, uncertainty, ups and downs, my wants and more of my wants, to say thank you to those that have accompanied you on the Yellow Brick Road.

I look forward to meeting you in Kansas, probably at the Wynn or Bellagio. Zig, click those Ruby Slippers!

IMO I think we are there. The list has been completed, the tasks have been finalized and our military is either coming home or moving across the border. We are seeing an alignment of the final steps to complete the plan. It has been an interesting ride to say the least. I have learned a tremendous amount about politics, money and power. What ever the outcome good or bad I would like to thank all the members of this site for your contributions whether big or small. Most of all I have learned more about myself than anything else. Patience is a virtue that none of us should ever forget. Good luck to all of you this will be my last post. :twothumbs::D:tiphat:

I dont believe our troops will EVER fully leave Iraq! Im sure there will always be some that stay regardless.

Blessed4ever,

Here is you a plus for the insight. We will never be completely out. I know of a few myself that just got here this month that will not be leaving anytime soon. The majority of troops are leaving, but there will be a few here that are "Trainers" and "Diplomatic support" and what ever other tags we can hang on the to keep them in country.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 1

I am bringing this over from an article that our friend trooper posted this morning, thanks troop!!!

I thought we could add this to the events if thats OK with everyone, a sentence from the article;

"The cabinet approved the budget today ... It will be sent to parliament in the next two or three days."

Thursday 8th will be OK with us to vote & approve it, not to say they will but here's to hoping!!!!

Read more:

Edited by Stryker365