Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

(ICB) has confirmed it will issue a new bill with a value of 50,000 IQD ($43) but marked as 50 dinars.

trooper

Iraqi Central Bank to Issue New Notes

Posted on 28 November 2011.

AKnews reports that the Iraqi Central Bank (ICB) has confirmed it will issue a new bill with a value of 50,000 IQD ($43) but marked as 50 dinars.

Deputy chairman of the ICB Dr Muzher Saleh said the bank is working to issue this new money in addition to coins in both Arabic and Kurdish in an effort to address the liquidity problem in Iraq.

The largest currency in the country is now 25,000 Iraqi dinars (pictured) and its purchasing power is about $23.

The new currency will include symbols that reflect the diversity of Iraq’s sects and cultures including the Kurdish culture. “Iraq needs to support its economy and its currency through the issuance of a currency similar to foreign ones like the $100 bill,” Saleh added.

The main tasks of the ICB are to maintain price stability, implement monetary policy, manage reserves of foreign currency, issue and manage the currency and regulate the banking sector.

The inflation rate in Iraq stood at 7.3% in September.

(Source: AKnews)

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2011/11/28/iraqi-central-bank-to-issue-new-notes/

Edited by trooper
  • Upvote 1

What is everyones take on this ? Good, bad , what ?

My take is that the new bills will have a value of $.86 which is GREAT! Provided that our big bills are honored at face value being $21,500 and not $21.50(RD)

I sure wish they'd clarify that small detail,haha!

• Upvote 2

Well to answer your question, I for one think its a good thing. I don't have any facts to back my feelings up, but if I'm reading correctly its saying deleting the three zeros will not have an affect on our investment......that sounds pretty good to me. But I am open for correction. LET'S GO RV......SOONER THAN LATER !

• Upvote 2

Posted on 28 November 2011.

AKnews reports that the Iraqi Central Bank (ICB) has confirmed it will issue a new bill with a value of 50,000 IQD ($43) but marked as 50 dinars.

Deputy chairman of the ICB Dr Muzher Saleh said the bank is working to issue this new money in addition to coins in both Arabic and Kurdish in an effort to address the liquidity problem in Iraq.

The largest currency in the country is now 25,000 Iraqi dinars (pictured) and its purchasing power is about $23.

The new currency will include symbols that reflect the diversity of Iraq’s sects and cultures including the Kurdish culture. “Iraq needs to support its economy and its currency through the issuance of a currency similar to foreign ones like the $100 bill,” Saleh added.

The main tasks of the ICB are to maintain price stability, implement monetary policy, manage reserves of foreign currency, issue and manage the currency and regulate the banking sector.

The inflation rate in Iraq stood at 7.3% in September.

(Source: AKnews)

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2011/11/28/iraqi-central-bank-to-issue-new-notes/

So now Iraqi Citizens will have 2 - 50's. One worth $43 USD. The other worth .043 cents US. That won't be confusing at P.O.P. (Point Of Purchase). DinarBot wishes you GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. Nothing but Propaganda in Humans Favor. Looks like Minimum rate change at 86 cents US. DinarBot had pegged higher at $2.14. We wil see soon. Some Humans will soon be crusing in new shiny metal objects with spinning rubber discs.

• Upvote 15

Marked as a 50 IQD but simultaneously worth 50,000 IQD and $43 US. So if 50,000 IQD is worth $43, then 25,000 IQD is worth $21.50. Nothing new as far as value. Just a whole lot of wtf when you try to spend a 50 IQD. I presume then, that the old 50 IQD is useless when this happens. Hope they look very different.

Just more worthless news. Lots being talked about, nothing being said!

• Upvote 4

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. DinarBot thinks you just struck Oil. New bill(s) being issued tomorrow in UAE. NOV. 29 could be big day for IQD TOUTING HUMANS TOO.

United Arab Emirates new 500-dirham note reported

Nov 26, 2011 03:20 PM Category: Middle East

According to an article on Khaleej Times, on 29 November 2011, the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates will introduce a revised 500-dirham (US$136) note with new security features.

The new notes are like the preceding issues (P24c & P32), but the optically-variable stripe has been replaced by a see-through window at right. Extending throughout the window is an optically-variable stripe showing the National Emblem, a falcon head and denomination value. The old windowed metallic thread on the back of the note is replaced with a broader 3-mm wide color-shifting window thread with demetalized UAE 500. The metallic ink surrounding the UAE emblem on the top portion of the obverse side is replaced by multicolor ink print. The metallic silver ink at the bottom left of the banknote is replaced by a multicolor latent image. The falcon on the reverse side of the note is made smaller, and there is no intaglio printing on the reverse side of the banknote.

http://www.banknoteupdate.com/files/eeefa1cb1ed1b3c141a415d1d73e2382-1855.php

Edited by DinarBot
  • Upvote 4

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. DinarBot thinks you just struck Oil. New bill(s) being issued tomorrow in UAE. NOV. 29 could be big day for IQD TOUTING HUMANS TOO.

According to an article on Khaleej Times, on 29 November 2011, the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates will introduce a revised 500-dirham (US$136) note with new security features.

The new notes are like the preceding issues (P24c & P32), but the optically-variable stripe has been replaced by a see-through window at right. Extending throughout the window is an optically-variable stripe showing the National Emblem, a falcon head and denomination value. The old windowed metallic thread on the back of the note is replaced with a broader 3-mm wide color-shifting window thread with demetalized UAE 500. The metallic ink surrounding the UAE emblem on the top portion of the obverse side is replaced by multicolor ink print. The metallic silver ink at the bottom left of the banknote is replaced by a multicolor latent image. The falcon on the reverse side of the note is made smaller, and there is no intaglio printing on the reverse side of the banknote.

http://www.banknoteupdate.com/files/eeefa1cb1ed1b3c141a415d1d73e2382-1855.php

Interesting. In the coming hours, lets look for more articles on this. Maybe more info will be in the details...

Thanks D-bot.

• Upvote 1

If it's as stated, "25,000 Iraqi dinars and its purchasing power is about $23", NOT good!

We will need a revalue to be happy. I believe - and gambling - that's what Iraq means when they say their currency with be one of the highest values in the M/E.

IMF and Central Banks are working on revaluing multiple currencies. So I have some hope this will happen.

We're talking about two different things simultaneously... RD and RV.

Edited by mojack
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wish that was the case but why would they put another 50 out there if they were not going to LOP. Hope its not true but we will see.

My question is... If they were going to so called "lop", why wouldn't they have done it already? My answer is: because they're not going to. They are getting their "ducks in a row" to bring their currency to what is should be. And its gonna be great!!! And they WILL honor our notes at a 1 to 1 Exchange.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

http://www.banknoteu...3e2382-1855.php

I have a nice Titanium suite for you after RV. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Go RV