Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

(ICB) has confirmed it will issue a new bill with a value of 50,000 IQD ($43) but marked as 50 dinars.

trooper

Objectivity = Sensibility

We don't know anything for certain but the CBI's telling us some things that don't bode well for the overnight millionaire hopes and dreams.

exactly. And if it comes down to believing the CBI, who has never done anything other than what they have said they are going to do, or a self proclaimed guru, well you know.

With all this back and forth, and people getting mad at each other for no reason, we're all in this for the same reason, we don't have to look too far for answers, just read Adams chats and most likely you'll find the answer, Adam doen't believe it'll lop, and he believes it'll rv at .10 cents to a dollar, I know that it's speculation, but Iraq can afford to rv at a dollar, don't matter how you twist it, one of the wealthiest natural resourses country in the world, they'll most likely be the richest country in the world in a few years, so even if they take a hit now with this rv, it won't be too long before they recover, and they know it.

That's my two cents on this.

• Upvote 2

With all this back and forth, and people getting mad at each other for no reason, we're all in this for the same reason, we don't have to look too far for answers, just read Adams chats and most likely you'll find the answer, Adam doen't believe it'll lop, and he believes it'll rv at .10 cents to a dollar, I know that it's speculation, but Iraq can afford to rv at a dollar, don't matter how you twist it, one of the wealthiest natural resourses country in the world, they'll most likely be the richest country in the world in a few years, so even if they take a hit now with this rv, it won't be too long before they recover, and they know it.

That's my two cents on this.

Can you use natural resources such as oil and gas to back your currency? Someone on here last night was saying you couldn't

Edited by soulgypsy76
  • Upvote 1

i believe we are getting close, don't lose sight that alot of propaganda is going to come out before the RV, i believe there is one soon. they said last year they where coming out with a 100,000. iqd note and it never happened. these guys are putting out alot of smoking mirrors.. i don't believe any of it.. its all media driven crap... it will come like a thief in the night.. :D :D

• Upvote 1

So we should just ignore what's very possibly the truth? Why are so many people reluctant to even talk about what very well could be a real possible outcome here? It doesn't matter what we say one way or the other as far as the finial outcome to to this thing but being aware of the events as they unfold could be of utmost importance to us, yet a lot of people want to just hide from it and slam those who are simply trying to look at both sides of the equation-there are two sides to this whether we want to believe it of not.

It seems to me in the debate we do get both sides, almost to ad nauseam. Just because some feel the possibility of an RV is greater than an RD does not mean they are ignoring the possibility. You state an RD is very possibly the truth. This is not about truth, an RV is not about truth, this is not a personal thing, its an event. An event determined by powers that be to reach an outcome. What the outcome will be is yet to be determined, and when it is then it becomes a monetary fact, not truth.

No one is reluctant to talk about an RD, research posts on DV's, there is post after post of Lop debate, and some folks changed their point of view from the posts, others have not. The problem is the talk is pretty much over, it is now the wait and see game. I would however discourage you from making comments people here not talking about the RD, that is not true, just tired of talking about it.

As you said, the outcome is going to be one way or another, I hope you will be a happy bugs bunny in the end.

Cheers,

Zigs

• Upvote 1

It seems to me in the debate we do get both sides, almost to ad nauseam. Just because some feel the possibility of an RV is greater than an RD does not mean they are ignoring the possibility. You state an RD is very possibly the truth. This is not about truth, an RV is not about truth, this is not a personal thing, its an event. An event determined by powers that be to reach an outcome. What the outcome will be is yet to be determined, and when it is then it becomes a monetary fact, not truth.

No one is reluctant to talk about an RD, research posts on DV's, there is post after post of Lop debate, and some folks changed their point of view from the posts, others have not. The problem is the talk is pretty much over, it is now the wait and see game. I would however discourage you from making comments people here not talking about the RD, that is not true, just tired of talking about it.

As you said, the outcome is going to be one way or another, I hope you will be a happy bugs bunny in the end.

Cheers,

Zigs

Excellent post , and stated with objective thinking.

You're missing the point, what I was asking is why so much resistance to talking about these subjects? People who even mention a negative, or perceived negative, point of view no matter if it is discussed rationally are often met with hostility for no other reason than someone simply didn't want the subject mentioned, how many times has it been suggested that LOP opinions should be banned? If this RD is going to happen then we can't hide from it and someone suggesting it is possible or even probable is not going to cause it to happen.

I answered your questions in my post, it was pretty clear. Let me put it to you this way, folks are willing to discuss it, but folks are sick and tired of arguing about it. There is a difference my friend.

You're missing the point, what I was asking is why so much resistance to talking about these subjects? People who even mention a negative, or perceived negative, point of view no matter if it is discussed rationally are often met with hostility for no other reason than someone simply didn't want the subject mentioned, how many times has it been suggested that LOP opinions should be banned? If this RD is going to happen then we can't hide from it and someone suggesting it is possible or even probable is not going to cause it to happen.

Doug, I do not know if you were a lurker prior to joining Oct 30 2011, but even in a month you have been able to see the RD / LOP subject has been discussed over and over and over. Zig did not miss your point at all:

"I would however discourage you from making comments people here not talking about the RD, that is not true, just tired of talking about it...."

As he stated, the subject has been discussed incessantly. For someone new, you would see a different picture. But for 99% of us, it is old. I would suggest going to the LOP Forum here and read what has been discussed in the past. This may help you to understand us, the old-timers. B) .

Good luck.

Excellent post , and stated with objective thinking.

Logical and down to earth, I might add.

According to Adam they can, read Adam's chat from today, he touchs on that .

The lopsters don't believe they can.

Assets help us get loans, so why can't the same be figured into backing a currency?

You can have "okay credit" and a LOT of pshyical assets worth a lot and likely get a larger loan than a person with "great credit" and no pshyical assets.

We'd be naive to not factor in their natural resources into the equation.

Should there be a huge uptake in the use of solar power, wind power and dual fuel/electric vehicles in the next ten years, what would the impact be on the price of oil and how would this influence the oil backed wealth of Iraq. Iraq through their PM Maliki refused to back any sanctions on two of their neighbouring countries even though a huge majority of the Arab League finally took a stance on the introduction of sanctions upon both. Those of you in America that have visited UK. may well have noticed that as far as our currency goes, we still retain differences in our printed notes and coins. England has what you would call normal GBP, whereas Scotland retains the right to print and use it's own notes which are of equal value to that of it's English counterpart and are accepted in both nations. The Royal mint when striking new Pound coins still retains our Monarchs head on one side but does strike versions that have on the opposite side national symbols e.g. Rose for England ,Thistle for Scotland ,Daffodil for Wales and the Shamrock for Northern Ireland. This could be used on Iraqi notes to overcome the Kurdistan issue regarding the language issues. These are just a few random thoughts that might steer this thread away from what right now is getting a bit stale with the same old same old arguments.Paper money is still officially promisory notes "I promise to pay the bearer on demand the sum of", and the back up for that was gold coins, well that was the reasoning years ago but this was because gold had a stable value, somewhat awkward to translate this to a valuation on oil which changes on a daily basis. Well thats my tuppence worth for the time being.

Edited by mcjocky1
  • Upvote 1