Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Chapter Seven and Sanctions

rags2riches4life

The dinar has remained remarkably stable and is likely to continue to do so, as attested recently by the IMF, which stated that the Iraqi dinar was close to fair value at the beginning of 2011.

http://www.tbiraq.com/en/news-and-achievements/news/2011/iraq_day_press_release/

What??? I don't think I like the way that sounds...what does that mean?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

not sure I like this statement

The Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) has maintained an effective and conservative monetary policy. The dinar has remained remarkably stable and is likely to continue to do so, as attested recently by the IMF, which stated that the Iraqi dinar was close to fair value at the beginning of 2011. then again that was back in Feb but does raise some concerns

I am just a little confused on the articles release date. I copy/pasted from the article's link posted above.

The top of the article page was current yet directly under the heading is stated a much earlier date in this year. So, is this an older article prematurely stating the lifting of sanctions or is it a current and accurate statement. Just tired, I suppose, or this might have made me much more excited. Sorry, folks. Not trying to be a downer. Maybe still hung over a bit from keeping up with everybody's drink orders on the posts the other day.

:wacko:

Sunday, June 05, 2011

BANK SAYS IRAQ IS “RIFE” WITH OPPORTUNITIES FOR INVESTMENT

Press Release

24 May 2011 Iraq presents international business leaders with an opportunity for huge early mover advantage, according to the Chairman of the Trade Bank of Iraq (TBI), Hussein Al-Uzri. (the main body of the article was posted under this insert.)

Also, will mention that if this was actually a reposted article that comments on the "fair value"...the slew of investors and other progress might well effect that particular assesment in terms of the dinar being under it's current "fair value". Ok, floors open, and again, ty all.

Furthermore, measures have been introduced to aid foreign investment, such as new courts to protect foreign investors, reforms in arbitration, the lifting of the last of the UN Chapter Seven sanctions and collaboration with the WTO.

http://www.tbiraq.co..._press_release/

This press release is from "May 2011". The last statement says "measures have been introduced" meaning its an ongoing process, which means the Sanctions haven't been lifted. At least that's the way I read it.

-

• Upvote 3

Furthermore, measures have been introduced to aid foreign investment, such as new courts to protect foreign investors, reforms in arbitration, the lifting of the last of the UN Chapter Seven sanctions and collaboration with the WTO.

http://www.tbiraq.com/en/news-and-achievements/news/2011/iraq_day_press_release/

I hate trying to make sense out of these articles. When I first read it, I thought it might have been-

Furthermore, measures have been introduced to: aid foreign investment, such as new courts to protect foreign investors, reforms in arbitration, the lifting of the last of the UN Chapter Seven sanctions and collaboration with the WTO.

Meaning they are taking measures to aid in all the following.

This press release is from "May 2011". The last statement says "measures have been introduced" meaning its an ongoing process, which means the Sanctions haven't been lifted. At least that's the way I read it.

-

I guess I was looking at the article as completely out of date since they mentioned quite proudly that "British troops had withdrawn" but failed to even comment on U.S. withdrawal. Yeah, I get that it's a meeting with European investors, however, you'd think that American withdrawal would have been used to validate progress to an even more appealing degree? The sanctions interpretation I certainly thought would draw MUCH more of a flood of info...and ty, Karkinsa, love your posts/help.

as attested recently by the IMF, which stated that the Iraqi dinar was close to fair value at the beginning of 2011

if it's current rate is a fair value....we're screwed tongue.gif

haha the dinar at fair value right now bunch of BS they wouldnt dare try to trade internatonally with a rate like that and how much wealth they have and are going to have. Plus this is old news anyhow from may.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I am just a little confused on the articles release date. I copy/pasted from the article's link posted above.

The top of the article page was current yet directly under the heading is stated a much earlier date in this year. So, is this an older article prematurely stating the lifting of sanctions or is it a current and accurate statement. Just tired, I suppose, or this might have made me much more excited. Sorry, folks. Not trying to be a downer. Maybe still hung over a bit from keeping up with everybody's drink orders on the posts the other day.

:wacko:

Sunday, June 05, 2011

BANK SAYS IRAQ IS “RIFE” WITH OPPORTUNITIES FOR INVESTMENT

Press Release

24 May 2011 Iraq presents international business leaders with an opportunity for huge early mover advantage, according to the Chairman of the Trade Bank of Iraq (TBI), Hussein Al-Uzri. (the main body of the article was posted under this insert.)

Also, will mention that if this was actually a reposted article that comments on the "fair value"...the slew of investors and other progress might well effect that particular assesment in terms of the dinar being under it's current "fair value". Ok, floors open, and again, ty all.

Not to worry ! this has been going on for a wail .The TBI would not mislead the public in early 2011 so the trumped up a lie that TBI was using unlawful practices to bring them in LINE.Because they where not ready this is a major shift in the world economy .But we are there in the next few weeks (now you will see movement).The rate has been a big problem they have been testing the market with all the misdirection to see what the world would jump on (we the dinar investors where the test subjects) (deniable Plausibility ).just incase something went wrong and it did (Arab Spring)they did not want to agree to a set return.

haha the dinar at fair value right now bunch of BS they wouldnt dare try to trade internatonally with a rate like that and how much wealth they have and are going to have. Plus this is old news anyhow from may.

Your a smart man Easy ..........and you are correct .....remember what WE see is not what it has been trading at (Between countries )