Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

*** Ri=3.22 imf (legal rate)

easyrider

Don't forget about the 20% increase for inflation. 20% = $.64 add this to the $3.22 and we have $3.86.

I remember an IMF article in Dec. That said exactly that. I also believe in Dec that was the IMF's recommendation, not sure though. Thanks for the post Easy, we can only hope for such a blessing of a rate.

i was looking around the net. I came across this from the IMF website found it interesting so i thought id share.

According to the IMF Classification of Exchange Rate Arrangements and Monetary Policy Frameworks document, Iraq is a de juris (by law) Regime presently in a de facto (by fact) Arrangement! The de juris Rate according to the IMF = $3.22. Therefore, an RI would be back to the legal Rate of $3.22

link http://www.imf.org/e...ng/1204.htm////

Unless I've missed something ... only half a cup of coffee ... and those of you that know me ... know not to trust me with that little caffeine in me ... lol ... I don't see $3.22 anywhere!

IF that is so then you've taken some liberties here.

If memory serves Saddam (pre-war of course ... not December 31, 2004) was insisting that the Saddam/Swiss printed Iraqi Dinar were worth $3.22 but everyone else recognized it as $.86 and below (depending on the timing of your search) when the Tomahawk missiles were launched.

HOWEVER, I saw this web page years ago. I have been looking for it and asking everyone for the URL to re-read for at least 10 months. So THANK YOU for the excellent find. I didn't remember that it was an IMF post.

For the "come out low and then increase steadily" crowd ... this lists the possible mechanisms.

For the "beat the Forex whales" crowd ... this lists that mechanism as well. Etc.

Again, nice find.

If I missed the $3.22 number forgive me ... ya' gotta circle it or highlight it for me when I'm caffeine deficient. There is a possibility your premise is correct ... this just isn't irrefutable proof (for the reasons that I stated). Post the de juris rate (of $3.22) from an IMF source and you've got your premise nailed. We will have to see what the "clown show" does though!

Peace

Doc31

Edited by Doc31
  • Upvote 13

Unless I've missed something ... only half a cup of coffee ... and those of you that know me ... know not to trust me with that little caffeine in me ... lol ... I don't see $3.22 anywhere!

If memory serves Saddam (pre-war of course ... not December 31, 2004) was insisting that the Saddam/Swiss printed Iraqi Dinar were worth $3.22 but everyone else recognized it as $.86 and below (depending on the timing of your search) when the Tomahawk missiles were launched.

HOWEVER, I saw this web page years ago. I have been looking for it and asking everyone for the URL to re-read for at least 10 months. So THANK YOU for the excellent find. I didn't remember that it was an IMF post.

For the "come out low and then increase steadily" crowd ... this lists the possible mechanisms.

For the "beat the Forex whales" crowd ... this lists that mechanism as well. Etc.

Again, nice find.

If I missed the $3.22 number forgive me ... ya' gotta circle it or highlight it for me when I'm caffeine deficient. There is a possibility your premise is correct ... this just isn't irrefutable proof (for the reasons that I stated). Post the de juris rate (of $3.22) from an IMF source and you've got your premise nailed. We will have to see what the "clown show" does though!

Peace

Doc31

Unfortunately, I do not see that rate either.

Great job easy and you are right!

That is exactly what the IMF says!

Here is that link that shows that rate:

http://www.imf.org/external/np/fin/tad/exportal.aspx?memberKey1=460&date1key=2011-06-30&category=EXCHRT

But just know that 3.22 is not in USD but in SDRs and 1 SDR = $1.60

So that 3.22 SDR = $5.15

Link to SDR rates:

http://www.imf.org/external/np/fin/data/rms_sdrv.aspx

Fantastic job Easy! So it is even better than $3.22 it is $5.15

Oh, and by the way those rate are the OFFICAL rates as per the IMF so do not let people who are ill informed who have not done proper studies tell you that that old rate was not real and only set by Saddam.

Thanks again Easy!

Go RV :twothumbs:

Edited by coolbeans
  • Upvote 5

i was looking around the net. I came across this from the IMF website found it interesting so i thought id share.

According to the IMF Classification of Exchange Rate Arrangements and Monitary Policy Frameworks document, Iraq is a de juris (by law) Regime presently in a de facto (by fact) Arrangement! The de juris Rate according to the IMF = $3.22. Therefore, an RI would be back to the legal Rate of $3.22

link http://www.imf.org/e...ng/1204.htm////

correct me if im wrong easy but that rate was set by Saddam and wasnt a reconize rate world wide the reconized rate before we invaded was $2.86.... but still good anyway nice post sir and great link.....

• Upvote 2

at the bottom of the page is a link to their finacial position in the fund click it and scoll down to sec. vi. ...they are only making interest payments to the fund until the end of 2012 the they start paying principal....looks like allot of principal to me

Summary of IMF members’ quota, reserve position, SDR holdings, outstanding credit, recent lending arrangements, projected payments due to the IMF, and monthly historical transactions with the Fund.http://www.imf.org/external/np/fin/tad/exfin2.aspx?memberKey1=460&date1key=2011-06-30

Thank you Doc

You are correct and furthermore that was Saddam's evaluation of his currency which held no real value to the rest of the world.

Nice to hear from you again. Would love to hear your insight on what you think could transpire.....

Dame

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Again, nice find.

Peace

Doc31

Doc...read the CBI website. Do you think the country's official bank representing them worldwide is wrong? The monetary history will show you the accepted international rate prior to sanctions.

You're a bright guy but missing that is really odd.

There is zero chance it is a low rate that climbs. It will be a supportable rate that represents their internal and future wealth.

Joe P

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Great job easy and you are right!

That is exactly what the IMF says!

Here is that link that shows that rate:

http://www.imf.org/external/np/fin/tad/exportal.aspx?memberKey1=460&date1key=2011-06-30&category=EXCHRT

But just know that 3.22 is not in USD but in SDRs and 1 SDR = $1.60

So that 3.22 SDR = $5.15

Link to SDR rates:

http://www.imf.org/external/np/fin/data/rms_sdrv.aspx

Fantastic job Easy! So it is even better than $3.22 it is $5.15

Oh, and by the way those rate are the OFFICAL rates as per the IMF so do not let people who are ill informed who have not done proper studies tell you that that old rate was not real and only set by Saddam.

Thanks again Easy!

Go RV :twothumbs:

now that is funny!

Edited by the wolf