Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What year were your dinar printed??

keepmwlknfny

I have to give credit to chris2k4 for posting this information on another thread but I thought it was something worth sharing with everyone and having its own thread all together....found it pretty interesting actually.....you can find out what year your dinar were printed...

Havent verified this yet to be 100% accurate since mine are locked up, but I figured there were plenty of people here that might have theirs readily availible!!

At the same time I would think this just verifies thoughts of the CBI or whoever still printing new bills and would also explain the rising money supply/currency in circulation.....probly puts some rumors and theories to bed as well but if you all know me, Im about getting to the truth, whether we like it or not, whether it means we wake up to laying on a bed made up of 100 dollar bills or not *Laugh out Loud*....

Question is, does anyone have any from 2011 yet?? Wonder who has the oldest bills here......

http://www.imageurlh...jzpu4_dinar.jpg

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 5

well I always keep 30,000 IQD in my wallet, just in case lol

checked them there ............. 2 x 2003 notes and 1 x 2004 note .... as for everything else I have you'll have to wait till I finish work later.

LOL have your dinar ever fell out when paying for something?? When did you first start purchasing your dinar?? Curious since you have some older issue notes...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Started about 3 years ago or so ..... the 3 10K notes I have in my wallet are circulated bills I got recently from a friend ... no Idea where she got them thats why I keep em in my wallet, there already fairly used lol and yes they have come out a few times ..... had a good one last week trying to pay the pizza guy with dinar lol

Just found a 2003 1K bill in there too ........

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 2

If you bought then in 2004 then they should be dated 2003. They print the notes one year and release them the next. The bills dated 2010 are the 2011 notes. I don't believe anyone will have any dated 2011 at this time as they wouldn't be released until 2012.

Ok. Thanks.

I'm actually interested to check the rest of mine when I get home .... a friend of mine in Kuwait sent me a couple of million in 25K notes a couple of months ago ..... I've never seen a more crisp note in my life, he got them straight from the bank .... be interesting to see what year they were printed especially since he was told the bank had to restock their reserves around the same time..... it's only 12:05pm here now, I dont finish work till 6pm so I'll update this later when I get home.

• Upvote 1

Question is, does anyone have any from 2011 yet?? Wonder who has the oldest bills here......

http://www.imageurlh...jzpu4_dinar.jpg

I just went through about 200 notes, most 25K, all circulated, and noticed something peculiar.

2003 was the only odd year I found. the rest were 2004, 2006, 2008, and 2010.

Inside joke for Keepem' only:

I wonder if 2010 is the last year we see on THIS series of banknotes. :P

Edited by Froto

Hey Guys

What doe it mean when mine say 2013 :unsure:

Chilli B) B)

Well to bad for you ... if it says 2013 it's fake .....

All notes are printed 1 year before they are released .... the newest note that should be out right now is one printed in 2010 thats why keepm is asking if anyone has seen a 2011 year on a note .......

• Upvote 1

Started about 3 years ago or so ..... the 3 10K notes I have in my wallet are circulated bills I got recently from a friend ... no Idea where she got them thats why I keep em in my wallet, there already fairly used lol and yes they have come out a few times ..... had a good one last week trying to pay the pizza guy with dinar lol

Just found a 2003 1K bill in there too ........

Well that makes sense why you still have 2003 series....them being circulated notes!! LOL Did you happen to ask the pizza guy if he would take the dinar as a tip? LOL

Inside joke for Keepem' only:

I wonder if 2010 is the last year we see on THIS series of banknotes. tongue.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Well to bad for you ... if it says 2013 it's fake .....

All notes are printed 1 year before they are released .... the newest note that should be out right now is one printed in 2010 thats why keepm is asking if anyone has seen a 2011 year on a note .......

Didnt even think of that!! I guess another way to tell if your bills are legit....I sure hope Chilli was just joking....if not, well......I dont think that will turn out to great for him come exchange time.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey Guys

What doe it mean when mine say 2013 unsure.gif

Chilli cool.gifcool.gif

firsst off where did you get your dinar?? secondly you might be reading it wrong if they say 2013 they are definitely FAKE because we are far from that year lmao I hope thiss isnt the case for you. Let us know and find out about the security features on the bills. If you bought from Ali at dinartrade or ty from dinarbanker they are def. real anywhere else i cannot verify all i know is those two are very reputable dealers that are licensed.

Hey Guys

I was joking Geeeeeeeez laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

but i did find a RV Date & Rate secreted in the arabic written on the fifth line.

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Chilli cool.gifcool.gif

o ok thank god. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Obviously they are still printing Dinar. The question is...are they printing to replace worn out currency, or just increasing Dinar on the street? There have been several theories talking about drying up the dinar supply...guess those are debunked?

Obviously they are still printing Dinar. The question is...are they printing to replace worn out currency, or just increasing Dinar on the street? There have been several theories talking about drying up the dinar supply...guess those are debunked?

Well the three 10K notes I have in my wallet were printed in 2003 and were circulated ..... my friend got a hold of these in 2005 just off the phone to her there, that means they were circulated for roughly 1 year maybe 1.5 years before she got them if they were released exactly 1 year from when they were printed.......

These notes are not in good shape at all, I've seen Egyptian money in better shape than this and that says something...... I can well believe that they are only still printing to replace damaged notes ..... if what I have here is the result of 1 year of circulation in Iraq

• Upvote 1

There are a number of possibilities.

A currency dealer projected the life of the Iraqi currency on the street to be 90 days, before it is considered "soiled" and replaced.

Some are claiming the CBI is buying only Dinar, and selling only Dollars.

The auction recap doesn't always support that claim.

The CBI auction mission statement says they will buy, or sell according to current situation and need.

There seems to be plenty available from dealers, and on EBay.

This is obviously a moving target; like trying to nail Jell-O to a tree.

• Upvote 2

ok, newbie here.. dumb question... I just bought mine a few months ago... where is the date on the 25,000 dinar bills? Is it in Arabic code?

Can't find an actual year date anywhere.. Bought from dinarbanker.

Thanks

Yes it is in Arabic ..... go to the link on the first post it will tell you what it means and which piece of Arabic it is ....

• Upvote 1

I've read numerous reports that the hard currency over there has a really short life-span. I think I recall someone saying 1.5 years or so.

Have to remember, their culture involves a lot of hand-use cash exchanges - therefore it is handles much more frequently.

Also, you have to take into consideration the environment... High - heat, dirty, etc.

I'm sure to a point there are some to replace worn out and damaged bills and at the same time, to me it matches seeing the numbers of the amount in circulation going sky high as well so I would say that this could prove that the cbi is not actively trying to remove any bills from circulation at this point cause why else would they still be printing new notes as recently as some of these dates are showing.....

I've read numerous reports that the hard currency over there has a really short life-span. I think I recall someone saying 1.5 years or so.

Have to remember, their culture involves a lot of hand-use cash exchanges - therefore it is handles much more frequently.

Also, you have to take into consideration the environment... High - heat, dirty, etc.

So then the question becomes for the bills that just get replaced, is that counted as a neutral change in amount being circulated? Or does that still add more to circulation even though there wasent really anything added?

To me it makes sense that replaced bills wouldn't add to the money supply that we have been watching rise in large amounts over the years.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1