Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The War In Iraq Will Pay For Itself

One of the most famous lines from President Bush that is thrown around the forums is that "the war in Iraq will pay for itself".

Well, to date, the U.S. has spent over 3 Trillion dollars on the war effort.

So the question is, "How much dinar does the US government own"?

I've heard anywhere from 1 trillion up to 3 trillion. No one knows for sure.

For math purposes, let's say the US has 3 trillion dinar.

Do the math. What would the RV have to be for the war to pay for itself?

Doesn't sound like a LOP to me.

Peace

• Upvote 9

What the government owns is speculation and what Bush said; well he said a lot of crap he really did not understand. A lot of what he said I would have taken with a grain of salt. He did very little of use while in office, I would assume out of office he would not be any better.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 29

One of the most famous lines from President Bush that is thrown around the forums is that "the war in Iraq will pay for itself".

Well, to date, the U.S. has spent over 3 Trillion dollars on the war effort.

So the question is, "How much dinar does the US government own"?

I've heard anywhere from 1 trillion up to 3 trillion. No one knows for sure.

For math purposes, let's say the US has 3 trillion dinar.

Do the math. What would the RV have to be for the war to pay for itself?

Doesn't sound like a LOP to me.

Peace

I believe that it will pay for itself on several levels.However,the dinar has nothing to do with that statement.No sense in trying to tie it together to make us feel good.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 11

I believe that it will pay for itself on several levels.However,the dinar has nothing to do with that statement.No sense in trying to tie it together to make us feel good.

Just throwing it out there as food for thought. Nothing more.

Besides, I'm not on this earth to make you feel good. You're gonna have to do that for yourself. :)

Peace

• Upvote 13

What the government owns is speculation and what Bush said; well he said a lot of crap he really did not understand. A lot of what he said I would have taken with a grain of salt. He did very little of use while in office, I would assume out of office he would not be any better.

That is your opinion, and you have a right to express it, but it is in 'no way' the majority opinion. In my opinion he was a much better President that the former and the latter. JMO

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

I have been searching for a year now to find a quote where Bush said that and I haven't found it yet. All I can find are references to Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz saying that Iraq's oil could help to pay for the reconstruction of Iraq. If anybody can find a quote where Bush said the war would pay for itself I'd like to see it. And please, no quotes from other people saying he said it. I'm talking about direct quotes from press conferences or speeches. Thanks.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Jack Dinauer, what an ignorant and uneducated statement. Don't let your ignorance show so obviously in your posts. With the contacts, power and global reputation that the Bush family has, this could be exactly what was meant by his statement. He has more integrity in his little pinky thwtbyou will ever dream of having. IMHO

• Upvote 8

I have been searching for a year now to find a quote where Bush said that and I haven't found it yet. All I can find are references to Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz saying that Iraq's oil could help to pay for the reconstruction of Iraq. If anybody can find a quote where Bush said the war would pay for itself I'd like to see it. And please, no quotes from other people saying he said it. I'm talking about direct quotes from press conferences or speeches. Thanks.

I would also like to see it just for s&%ts and giggles......

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Bush said it, that's fact. Whether or not he was referring to the dinar is debatable. I agree there will be NO lop. No need for it and there would be no gain from it.

Wouldn't 24 to 30 trillion dinar in circulation be a "need" for it? Wouldn't them not being put into debt for generations and them being able to keep their own oil be the "gain" from it?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wouldn't 24 to 30 trillion dinar in circulation be a "need" for it? Wouldn't them not being put into debt for generations and them being able to keep their own oil be the "gain" from it?

If they still had that much in circulation then there would be a need for it I suppose. How you figure they will be in debt for generations is a bit confusing. Why would they want to keep their oil? They only have 30 million people. The oil according to the constitution belongs to the people. I got a feeling they want to sell it. The Iraqi citizens will be as well off or better then the Kuwaiti citizens. They want their share of the profits now. They will gladly sell every drop.

Article 111:

Oil and gas are owned by all the people of Iraq in all the regions and governorates.

Edited by speculatorsRIDE
  • Upvote 4

Damn Jack, wake up!! Bush did more for this country than Obummer will ever do or think about doing. Have you been in hibernation for the last two years while he's been in office? I don't know about you but his approval rating is crap for a reason! Enough about politics, GO RV!

• Upvote 6

Jack ! I believe that G.W. Bush would be more than glad to put his list of accomplishment for the 8 years as President against what ever list you can bring for the same eight years of your life. Tell us what you did for the country and the world during his presidency! Any one can complain about another person, when they haven't walked in their shoes. So tell us how great you are, so we can be impressed!

• Upvote 6

I' not spending the time to find that quote about the war paying for it self, however I remember Bush said it very close to the begining of the take over of Iraq. Also I googled Bush buys Iraq Dinar and read through many sights and found where in 2003 bush bought 400 million USD worth of Dinars at the rate of ? 3,000 or 4,000 IQD's to one USD. Sorry I don't have the time to do the research, I remember I was puzzeled buy that statement and I believe that it is tied to the RV :twothumbs: GO RV on the 9th!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I remember him saying that. I watch some of his broadcast in the early days beforeDesert Storm and HE DID SAY IT! He even said it after when the national and those that had voted for the first began to question Operation Iraqi Freedom GO RV

• Upvote 1

If they still had that much in circulation then there would be a need for it I suppose. How you figure they will be in debt for generations is a bit confusing. Why would they want to keep their oil? They only have 30 million people. The oil according to the constitution belongs to the people. I got a feeling they want to sell it. The Iraqi citizens will be as well off or better then the Kuwaiti citizens. They want their share of the profits now. They will gladly sell every drop.

Article 111:

Oil and gas are owned by all the people of Iraq in all the regions and governorates.

I believe what dinarck is referring to is that the value of the currently known oil reserves in Iraq, approximately 173 billion barrels, has a current lifetime value of less than $20 trillion dollars. Put that up against the 24-30 trillion physical dinar, not to mention the 20+ trillion 'digital/electronic' dinar and any revaluation of any real significance would mean that Iraq would be leveraging more than their oil will ever be worth, which would put them into debt for generations.

The Kuwaiti's probably do not have to worry about the Iraqi's getting all the perks that they have. Kuwait has about 1/2 the oil that Iraq has but less than 1/10th (closer to 1/20th) the population of eligible nationals, which would mean a lot more money per person in regards to 'royalties'.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/rove-denies-bush-administration-said-oil-r

Video denying the accuracy of the "quote."

Go RV!

Blessings,

Texhad

Thanks for the link, Texhad. Now we have evidence supporting the view that Bush didn't say it. I would think that if he did say it there would be some evidence out there somewhere to support that fact. So far nobody has found it.

Edited by MrRich
  • Downvote 1

Only the ignorant and blind would have given you -1 for your truthful comment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Thanks for the link, Texhad. Now we have evidence supporting the view that Bush didn't say it. I would think that if he did say it there would be some evidence out there somewhere to support that fact. So far nobody has found it.

OK....I listened to the clip of Tom Brokaw holding Karl Roves feet to the fire. I heard him deny the claims. I did NOT hear him say that Bush never said that "the war in Iraq would pay for itself". However, I can tell you that I did hear Bush say exactly that in a speech on tv. Sorry, I am unable to provide a link but I know what I heard. You can accept that or you can continue to look for a link. The fact remains that Bush said it. He did not go into detail about how it would pay for itself. To imply that he was referring about the revaluation of the dinar is a stretch. I do find this very interesting:

I' not spending the time to find that quote about the war paying for it self, however I remember Bush said it very close to the begining of the take over of Iraq. Also I googled Bush buys Iraq Dinar and read through many sights and found where in 2003 bush bought 400 million USD worth of Dinars at the rate of ? 3,000 or 4,000 IQD's to one USD. Sorry I don't have the time to do the research, I remember I was puzzeled buy that statement and I believe that it is tied to the RV :twothumbs: GO RV on the 9th!

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=47&t=69754&qpid=517481#ixzz1OnUyma5Z

Jack ! I believe that G.W. Bush would be more than glad to put his list of accomplishment for the 8 years as President against what ever list you can bring for the same eight years of your life. Tell us what you did for the country and the world during his presidency! Any one can complain about another person, when they haven't walked in their shoes. So tell us how great you are, so we can be impressed!

that's not really fair to jack since he didn't have the power of the presidency to do the things he would have wanted, and we are all walking in the shoes these politicians have created with their enormous deficits.