Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

25k notes

FRUSTRATED

If in fact IRAQ has been trying to retrieve most of the 25k notes then why is it that every time I order another 100k dinar from my local bank here in TEXAS all I recieve is 25k notes??? Could they possibly be trying to dump the 25k notes on unsuspecting investers?

I have wondered about that for some time now. I think we have been HAD ! But it always was a gamble. Like going to Las Vegas without buying a plane ticket and paying for a hotel.

Yeah I think we have been had! In 1993 they did it to the world when they changed their currency, people lost millions with money that became worthless overnight- we will be going through the same exercise. Why in the world will they pay so much of their wealth out to the world.??

Darn, now we can't even exchange it back and take the 30% loss and get out :(

We need to get the government to at least hold them responsible for honoring their currency once the re-denominate.

Edited by bogale
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Whats the difference, currency is currency

CORRECT. Currency is currency. While the mint no longer prints $1000 bills, if you have one it is STILL worth (get this) $1000. HOW'S THAT for logic. The only place it matters is if you are IN Iraq where they would like a smooth transition to the new value.

Oh, by the way; this is just my opinion or guestimation of course. B)

• Upvote 2

I've lost half my investment in my 401k!!!! I been had! Defrauded! Bamboozled!

IT WAS A RISK INVESTMENT!! People knew that when they purchased their dinar. If they didn't, they didn't do their do diligence. They have NO ONE to blame but themselves.

Personally, I believe it is going to RV. When and at what rate, no one knows! It is a currency of value. If not, then the banks would not sell it. The government would not sanction it. The Iraqis would not be using it.

Just relax. Don't spend money on ANYTHING you can't afford to loose. Be at peace.

Now, if it will only RV tomorrow at 4.50!:D

• Upvote 1

At a penny, you'd have a 10 times the present value (approximately).

At a dime, it would be 100 times present value....so on and so forth.

It's value will improve, sometime.

Like the fellow said....only invest what you can afford to flush!

forget the question, id like to know what bank in texas still sells dinar?

none in the dfw area have sold it for over a year and a half.

1st National Bank (of Texas) http://www.1stnb.com/locate/en/branch.php

I called yesterday myself...they have a ton of branches in the DFW area...go to their site and do a branch search. Too easy.

Some branches have it on site but you'll have to call around to confirm....heard one of them out in Rockwall, TX did ...

that bank is tied to the main out in Fort Hood (which is in Texas, it's a military base)

There is literally no excuse not to get some in DFW....TX is big, but not that big....that bank has branches all over the area.

Edited by Princess DinarTard

When I bought my 1st Million from GED in 2003 it was only $675.00 + service charge-Mailing, Now look at the price per Million. $1200.00 + I sure wish it would Move Faster.lol But maybe with the Meeting taken Place at the end of the Month in the M E and all the Important people & Countries being present , Just maybe we'll get some Positive news. Just how much Is a Pound of Patience these days.lol

Edited by RICK C

If in fact IRAQ has been trying to retrieve most of the 25k notes then why is it that every time I order another 100k dinar from my local bank here in TEXAS all I recieve is 25k notes??? Could they possibly be trying to dump the 25k notes on unsuspecting investers?

Maybe the way they retrieve their large notes is by the daily currency auction, where the sell them for Dollars or other currency reserves.

The notes you are buying were from currency auctions; they didn't fall from the sky. They were purchased by the bank with dollars.

The 25k is the cheapest note to buy in quantity, as it carries the most inflation.

The banks offer foreign currency to aid in international travel.

With their largest note having value around $22.00, there is no need to go smaller.

There are many reasons.

Many have purchased smaller denoms at higher prices, but not usually from banks.

The US does the same thing through import of foreign goods. We simply export our inflation Via our payment for foreign goods.

Wherever it lands, the loss of buying power due to inflation has it's effect there.

Shabibi learned from the US.

Like all investments, there is the option to diversify..

• Upvote 1

Its because they havent been trying to retrieve the 000's.....you hear that from the gurus that just tell you what you want to hear and what sounds nice when really they are doing nothing of the sort.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

they havnt pulled any 25k notes and there is no proof that they have

i live in iraq and the 25k note is as plentifull as the $20 in the states

dont believe the hype

Really? Are you sure of this? Didn't you post a week or so ago about how your students were purchasing large items with US Dollars because the 000 notes were getting harder to find?

• Upvote 1

CORRECT. Currency is currency. While the mint no longer prints $1000 bills, if you have one it is STILL worth (get this) $1000. HOW'S THAT for logic. The only place it matters is if you are IN Iraq where they would like a smooth transition to the new value.

Oh, by the way; this is just my opinion or guestimation of course. B)

Doesn't apply to countries who have had to add zeros to offset hyperinflation.

Even in the late 1970s, the US didn't, when inflation was double digit.

Iraq, however did add zeros to the bills in the Sadam era.

I believe history has, and will again, side against your argument.

They are not trying to retrieve the 3 zero notes. That is all the GURUS that have no clue what they are talking about. They use 25,000 notes all the time.

There is not one article that even states that they are removimg them. There is some that say the 3 zero study is almost done.

Nevermore says THE RAVEN

Yeah I think we have been had! In 1993 they did it to the world when they changed their currency, people lost millions with money that became worthless overnight- we will be going through the same exercise. Why in the world will they pay so much of their wealth out to the world.??

Darn, now we can't even exchange it back and take the 30% loss and get out :(

We need to get the government to at least hold them responsible for honoring their currency once the re-denominate.

IF YOU WANT TO CASH OUT, TD BANK WILL BUY YOUR DINARS AT 65 CENTS ON THE DOLLAR. WHILE THEY STOPPED SELLING, THEY ARE BUYING. I WENT INTO MY LOCAL BRANCH THE OTHER DAY WHEN EACH BRANCH RECEIVED A NOTICE THAT THE BANK WAS NO LONGER SELLING. THEY ARE BUYING THOUGH.

• Upvote 2

They are not trying to retrieve the 3 zero notes. That is all the GURUS that have no clue what they are talking about. They use 25,000 notes all the time.

There is not one article that even states that they are removimg them. There is some that say the 3 zero study is almost done.

Nevermore says THE RAVEN

Where did the ones sold to folks outside of Iraq come from?

They certainly aren't on the street in Iraq.

If there is not a conscious effort to lessen the liability of the inflation the large bills carry, then any chance off RV is years away.

IF YOU WANT TO CASH OUT, TD BANK WILL BUY YOUR DINARS AT 65 CENTS ON THE DOLLAR. WHILE THEY STOPPED SELLING, THEY ARE BUYING. I WENT INTO MY LOCAL BRANCH THE OTHER DAY WHEN EACH BRANCH RECEIVED A NOTICE THAT THE BANK WAS NO LONGER SELLING. THEY ARE BUYING THOUGH.

Which City is the bank you are referring to located? If it's in the US, they are not buying Dinar. However you were able to get an exchange rate of .65, that I would take, if only it were true.

Nevermore is in Iraq now and I'm sure he will tell you as I will now

that three zero currency is alive and well here in Iraq and used daily

the 25k and on down notes are used here every single day

and no one can prove that the cbi or anyone else is pulling the three zero notes out of circulation Period end of story.

oh and PS: nevermore you are buying my Lat'e Frap'e at Green Bean tomorrow

There has to be 3zero notes on the street. It is impossible to use cash for purchases if you only have nickels, quarters and halves.

But, in order for a working monetary system to be introduced that will restore purchase power, remove inflation from prices, wages and currency - at that point they will have to go away.

Shabibi's magic is strong, but even his magic dust can't make this happen overnight.