Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

We may not be as rich as we thought

Call me the eternal optimist, but I just don't forsee a lop. Remember, how many times have we been told to watch what they do and not what they say? Also we have been told time and again that there will intentionally be a lot of misinformation put out right as the RV is approaching. Don't forget that stuff. My thoughts (and I know many of you will disagree as is your right) are that we will have a straight up RV. In fact I think we will have two. Low at first (somewhere between 20 to 40 cents). Iraq can easily support an RVof that amount. Then, after all the people like me who are ready to get off the merry go round ( and anything 35cents or better and I'm gone) cash in, I expect them to reval closer to it's real value. This second reval, by the way will occur one day after I cash in. ( Just so you hanger oners know how long you'll have to hold).

I like you rsskelton! Alot of us have not only the RV info rollercoaster to deal with, but have a bit of the eternal optimist that still somehow thinks that the good stuff will happen after we bail! (Murphy's law) We humans are so fun and interesting!

• Upvote 2

We have always thought, well, most of us, that we would become rich from a couple thousand dollars of investment in IQD. The fact(?) is that we really don't know for sure. Iraq could very well lop. We may just brake even. Let's not bash those who think that we will not be millionaires. I am guilty of bashing these peeps in the past, but no one knows exactly what will happen. I remain positive, but at the end of the day, the CBI will do whatever they see fit to benefit Iraq, whether it's a lop or RV.

I am new at this.Please explain lop???

Xiamendoll

Why worry about something you have no control over! Is it really worth it? NO. The worst thing that will happen is you break even, but in return look at all the knowledge that we all gained in this adventure and most important the friends we have aquired along the way :)

they will lop and revalue. we should enjoy any return we get.

Hopefully there will be some kind of return if only to help cover the initial investment and the spread plus at least a little for aggravation. It is beginning to look like based on [perceived?] value of physical and digital currency that if accurate we may be very fortunate to get a RV at .10 to .30. This investment has turned out to be even more speculative than I originally thought it was. I once thought it was almost certain that it had to RV at a value closer to what it used to trade at; now I have no idea if it will ever RV at all. It is obviously wholly dependent upon the whims of the CBI and what they decide to do with it. Still holding but I have totally lost all faith that anything good will come of this.

Slade, on 26 April 2011 - 11:38 PM, said:

You can ABSOLUTELY become filthy rich with an investment of a couple thousand dollars....but 10s of thousands of people...probably 100s of thousands by now....all getting rich because they threw a couple G's into the Dinar....not a chance.....NONE wink.gif

Money dont' come that easy.....come on now...we all know that...I would hope unsure.gif

Tell this to the 1,000s of people that had Kuwaiti Dinar and are now still worth MILLIONS. I know I was there. I listened to people like you and lost out!!!

NOT this time my friend, NO WAY.biggrin.gifemot-woot.gifemot-hug.gifth_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

• Upvote 3

You can ABSOLUTELY become filthy rich with an investment of a couple thousand dollars....but 10s of thousands of people...probably 100s of thousands by now....all getting rich because they threw a couple G's into the Dinar....not a chance.....NONE wink.gif

Money dont' come that easy.....come on now...we all know that...I would hope unsure.gif

Tell this to the 1,000s of people that had Kuwaiti Dinar and are now still worth MILLIONS. I know I was there. I listened to people like you and lost out!!!

NOT this time my friend, NO WAY.biggrin.gifemot-woot.gifemot-hug.gifth_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Slade said to temper your expectations, and not to count your chickens before they hatch. A very wise recommendation that by this point I would think wouldn't need to be said anymore, yet consistently does.

I see him saying nothing about running for the hills or to wallpaper a room of your house with your dinars.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Where do you get your figures that there were 1,000's of people that were able to get in on that situation? Considering the very short period of time to get the notes, the high likelihood that you or someone you knew had to be in or very close to Kuwait to obtain them and the infancy that the internet was still in in 1991, there were most likely not near as many people as you might think that got in on that...

Where do you get your figures that there were 1,000's of people that were able to get in on that situation? Considering the very short period of time to get the notes, the high likelihood that you or someone you knew had to be in or very close to Kuwait to obtain them and the infancy that the internet was still in in 1991, there were most likely not near as many people as you might think that got in on that...

As I said I was in Kuwait in Gulf 1, There was money everywhere in boxes, Dumpsters. I walked by a Barber shop and the dude had his fan proped up with stacks of KD.

There were at least 300-400 inmy unit alone out of 1250. Yes you are correct it is nowhere near the amount of people only due to the limited window in which this all took place.

My money is all in: GO RV.!biggrin.gif

Who said anything about them devaluing their money? A redenomination would be, at a minimum, a neutral move. How would the CBI be ripping anyone off since they did not sell you one dinar? Most likely you bought your dinar through a dealer like Ali that gets his dinar from the UAE and not Iraq. The other thing to mention is that 27 trillion is only the physical currency of their monetary system, when you include the bank deposits and such the number grows to ~50 trillion dinar in total(M1).

Any loss that would be incurred would not be from the currency redenomination, it would be from premiums and shipping fees at purchase and spreads or fees during the exchange back to USD. There is another thread talking about silver greetings selling 50 dinar notes. One package that they have sells (100) 50 dinar notes for $89, which is 2000% more than the actual value of ~$4.25. It's a individuals choice whether they want to pay that, but it increases the likelihood of a loss on the speculation. It's not the currency value that will cause any losses, it is simply the premiums and exchange fees.

Lop the 50 Trillion.....ALL of Iraq's money supply (M1 & M2) then becomes $50 Billion total? Oh wait, let's RV the new "lopped" currency at $4.00. Total market cap of Iraq's economy is $200 Billion I don't know how this will go down but I do know that Apple Inc's market cap is $322 Billion. Microsoft's market cap is $221 Billion. Honda Motor Co's market cap is $68 Billion. Just threw out a few random companies, you telling me that Iraq's economy even after a $4.00 RV is worth less than Apple? Worth less than Microsoft?

Like I said, I don't know how this will go down but I don't think having an entire countries' money supply worth what a few billionaires could personally buy up entirely and still have billions left over.

Lop the 50 Trillion.....ALL of Iraq's money supply (M1 & M2) then becomes $50 Billion total? Oh wait, let's RV the new "lopped" currency at $4.00. Total market cap of Iraq's economy is $200 Billion I don't know how this will go down but I do know that Apple Inc's market cap is $322 Billion. Microsoft's market cap is $221 Billion. Honda Motor Co's market cap is $68 Billion. Just threw out a few random companies, you telling me that Iraq's economy even after a $4.00 RV is worth less than Apple? Worth less than Microsoft?

Like I said, I don't know how this will go down but I don't think having an entire countries' money supply worth what a few billionaires could personally buy up entirely and still have billions left over.

Under the scenario you state they could easily do that to Kuwait. Kuwait is much more stable than Iraq, and has a M2 of 27 billion KWD, which is about $98 billion USD. Guess Apple and MS have Kuwait beat, why couldn't they have a war torn, infrastructure challenged country like Iraq beat? Corporations have the ability to diversify their holdings to generate revenue across many sectors, the middle east has crude oil.

Under the scenario you state they could easily do that to Kuwait. Kuwait is much more stable than Iraq, and has a M2 of 27 billion KWD, which is about $98 billion USD. Guess Apple and MS have Kuwait beat, why couldn't they have a war torn, infrastructure challenged country like Iraq beat? Corporations have the ability to diversify their holdings to generate revenue across many sectors, the middle east has crude oil.

Thanks for the heads up HopefulTxn. I didn't realize that...

Oh well, still trying to stay positive but am ready for anything! smile.gif

As I said I was in Kuwait in Gulf 1, There was money everywhere in boxes, Dumpsters. I walked by a Barber shop and the dude had his fan proped up with stacks of KD.

There were at least 300-400 inmy unit alone out of 1250. Yes you are correct it is nowhere near the amount of people only due to the limited window in which this all took place.

My money is all in: GO RV.!biggrin.gif

I'd like to hear more from you Buckeye Pilot! Are you still in touch with some of these buddies and are they invested in IQD?

bottom line if they LOP and foreign investors are affected negatively no one would trust Iraq to invest in AGAIN. Just think about that. They will not LOP.

They don't care! And yes greedy little countries will still flock to them because of their oil reserves. They know these things. B)

• Upvote 1

Some one please tell me where I'm wrong in my thinking. A lop is a very real possibility. Sorry if I sound like keepm, but a lop is possible. Just be prepared either way.

LOP?

It's not going to happen. Just look who is involved here - big players like the Fed, the intl. banksters, Rothschilds, the IMF the World Bank and the global financiers, who, let's face it folks, started this imperialist venture to gain control over a century's worth of oil in Iraq (Iran is next in their sights). So we all sit here and fret about what "Shabibi and the CBI will do..." or Maliki....Look at the BIG picture - these GOI people are puppets set up by the powers that put the US military in place in Iraq. These powers have the political muscle to influence our government to invade. They manipulated/intimidated/bought/owned the US media into fooling us to believe this whole venture is democracy, and they control the international monetary system. These hacks in Iraqi gov't. are just placeholders, null points, and they do what they're told by these powers. Do you really think the denouement of this long story will be a measly LOP? They will RV, and whether large or small, it will be big to us.

This second reval, by the way will occur one day after I cash in. ( Just so you hanger oners know how long you'll have to hold).

can you give me a date of when you cash in??? :P Are you ok after the storms yesterday?

I'd like to hear more from you Buckeye Pilot! Are you still in touch with some of these buddies and are they invested in IQD?

Just to make it clear about the 3 or4 Hundred in my unit, They did not have piles of it. Im talking a hand full and some just had some from each denomination. They certainly were not Millionairs. I dont know if any were able to get a box load out.

I was the Helicopter Pilot for the V.I.P.S so I ws not around most of the Ground troops who were able to get their paws on some KD. Like I said tho, THERE WILL BE NO LOP MY LADY.biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1

Some one please tell me where I'm wrong in my thinking. A lop is a very real possibility. Sorry if I sound like keepm, but a lop is possible. Just be prepared either way.

It's a possibility but it's not probable at all. Iraq and Shabibi are banking, no pun intended, on the fact that international investors are going to bring their money to Iraq. With a three 0 lop, that means that investors get 1/1000 of what they think they should get. Obviously that is a substantial amount. Shabibi is smart enough to realize that if they lop, then he won't be expecting an international rush to Iraq. The U.S has enormous holdings of dinar. And with an overbearing influence in Iraqi government, the U.S gov wouldn't allow Iraq to lop based on their desire for the oil they'll receive for returning American owned dinar to Iraq and the ability to tax all of the beneficiaries of the RV.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's a possibility but it's not probable at all. Iraq and Shabibi are banking, no pun intended, on the fact that international investors are going to bring their money to Iraq. With a three 0 lop, that means that investors get 1/1000 of what they think they should get. Obviously that is a substantial amount. Shabibi is smart enough to realize that if they lop, then he won't be expecting an international rush to Iraq. The U.S has enormous holdings of dinar. And with an overbearing influence in Iraqi government, the U.S gov wouldn't allow Iraq to lop based on their desire for the oil they'll receive for returning American owned dinar to Iraq and the ability to tax all of the beneficiaries of the RV.

If you research redenominations and their purpose it is to (re-)instill confidence in the currency to foreign investors. We are not investors, we are currency speculators - we provide no capital to Iraq or any infrastructure developing, or economy stimulating endeavor. Depends on ones' point of view, but some items I have read compare the relationship of foreign investors and nations as being symbiotic, where their individual actions are beneficial to both - and that currency speculation was more parasitic, solely looking to reap portions of the rewards that the first two have created. Whatever plan Iraq has, currency speculators making a profit is not anything they are concerned about.

No evidence of the US, or any country, has been shown to support the claims that they hold any amount of dinar pending a revaluation. That rumor seems to have started because the statements of GW Bush making a statement that the war would pay for itself. Nobody considers the possibility that it means installing a democracy in that region and helping to rebuild an entire nation. Nation building is a very profitable venture for foreign governments. Taxes, export tariffs, military re-armament, trade agreements, etc a very valuable items to a government. It has been claimed that China wrote off the debt owed to them by Iraq because of a pending revaluation of the dinar that they hold - but a little research will find that they were vocal about dropping the debt only if they were allowed in on the oil field auctions and such that was going on.

• Upvote 2