Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

We may not be as rich as we thought

We have always thought, well, most of us, that we would become rich from a couple thousand dollars of investment in IQD. The fact(?) is that we really don't know for sure. Iraq could very well lop. We may just brake even. Let's not bash those who think that we will not be millionaires. I am guilty of bashing these peeps in the past, but no one knows exactly what will happen. I remain positive, but at the end of the day, the CBI will do whatever they see fit to benefit Iraq, whether it's a lop or RV.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 8

haha i get what your saying but you have to realize this will help out alot of people when this does indeed RV without a LOP bu in essence what ever they come out with involving the rate we have to rol with we have no choice. Have a good one.

haha i get what your saying but you have to realize this will help out alot of people when this does indeed RV without a LOP bu in essence what ever they come out with involving the rate we have to rol with we have no choice. Have a good one.

We don't know for a fact that CBI will RV. We also must consider that they are not concerned with helping people out. We know what they should do, but will they do it?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We don't know for a fact that CBI will RV. We also must consider that they are not concerned with helping people out. We know what they should do, but will they do it?

DUDE dont be so negative about all this either way we will get what we have cuming to us, ive already made a profit on my dinar and isnt that what we are investing for a profit? you only make yourself feel down when you keep listening to the rumors of a lop lets just go with the flow and with that lets go RRRRVVVVVVV :D:PB)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Call me the eternal optimist, but I just don't forsee a lop. Remember, how many times have we been told to watch what they do and not what they say? Also we have been told time and again that there will intentionally be a lot of misinformation put out right as the RV is approaching. Don't forget that stuff. My thoughts (and I know many of you will disagree as is your right) are that we will have a straight up RV. In fact I think we will have two. Low at first (somewhere between 20 to 40 cents). Iraq can easily support an RVof that amount. Then, after all the people like me who are ready to get off the merry go round ( and anything 35cents or better and I'm gone) cash in, I expect them to reval closer to it's real value. This second reval, by the way will occur one day after I cash in. ( Just so you hanger oners know how long you'll have to hold).

• Upvote 6

Some one please tell me where I'm wrong in my thinking. A lop is a very real possibility. Sorry if I sound like keepm, but a lop is possible. Just be prepared either way.

I concede that it is possible. That would not really make sense in Iraqs case, but yes, you are correct, it is a possibility. I said it doesn't make sense for Iraq to do that but, uh, when has Iraq had a reputation for doing things that make sense? I'd say never. Personally I stick by my origional theory of a straight RV. Here again that is simply my personal opinion. :)

• Upvote 2

DUDE dont be so negative about all this either way we will get what we have cuming to us, ive already made a profit on my dinar and isnt that what we are investing for a profit? you only make yourself feel down when you keep listening to the rumors of a lop lets just go with the flow and with that lets go RRRRVVVVVVV :D:PB)

I didn't come to the conclusion that a lop is possible based on rumors. I did the math. One thing that I take comfort in is that we are always being lied to. I would expect any central bank to lie their arse off in terms of a revaluation. I expect that any country that is planning to revalue their currency woud lie, deceive the rest of the world. Nonetheless, a lop could happen. Call me what you will, We may get rich, we may be fools.

I concede that it is possible. That would not really make sense in Iraqs case, but yes, you are correct, it is a possibility. I said it doesn't make sense for Iraq to do that but, uh, when has Iraq had a reputation for doing things that make sense? I'd say never. Personally I stick by my origional theory of a straight RV. Here again that is simply my personal opinion. :)

I believe in a straight RV too, but a lop is possible. All I'm saying is that a lop is possible, nothing more, nothing less.

• Upvote 2

From everything I've been told, the lop is only about getting the larger bills off the streets in Iraq - The actual lop is in country only. The action purportedly affects the total amount of the currency on the street. If the value of the currency held by foreign governments were to be effected, they would never receive another dime of assistance from anyone, and our governments would all laugh while Iran takes them over when we left.

Edited by rnldtippitt
  • Upvote 5

The worst is obviously possible (LOP/RD)

Would it make sense? In my mind no.

If we take 27/24T and turn it to 27/24B (Trillions to billions)

The hard currency is not very high. The dollar value is still the same within the entire currency, but the way many are stating it would basically need a new currency introduced.

I think the CBI would miss out on an opportunity to make profit if they make revenue from the buy/sell of the currency as the value rises (After LOP, the value wouldn't have much to rise in value, or so I would think)

Anything is possible.

Even a slow slow slow rise in value.

You can ABSOLUTELY become filthy rich with an investment of a couple thousand dollars....but 10s of thousands of people...probably 100s of thousands by now....all getting rich because they threw a couple G's into the Dinar....not a chance.....NONE wink.gif

Money dont' come that easy.....come on now...we all know that...I would hope unsure.gif

Yes your right Slade how silly are we ? we threw a couple grand plus 20 years of debt and how about 2 trillion dollars /. your damn right i better get rich of my IQD

• Upvote 3

A redenomination would save Iraq trillions of dollars. Why would they not do it? That simple fact I cannot get out of my head. All the possibilities, theories, angles, and outcomes it really all comes down to that. And don't tell me it would hurt investors. We all know that's not the case. No one would lose money.

• Upvote 1

...we will have a straight up RV. In fact I think we will have two. Low at first (somewhere between 20 to 40 cents). Iraq can easily support an RVof that amount.

If we get an RV @ 20 cents, the CBI's reserves would drop to less than one-half of one percent. Besides being way below the legally required limit, how can Iraq support that?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

bottom line if they LOP and foreign investors are affected negatively no one would trust Iraq to invest in AGAIN. Just think about that. They will not LOP.

Common misconception, people that have exchanged currency for currency are not 'investors', they are currency speculators. IMO, the real money will be made through the real investment opportunities that open up once the HCL is passed and their ISX becomes more globally connected.

The worst is obviously possible (LOP/RD)

Would it make sense? In my mind no.

If we take 27/24T and turn it to 27/24B (Trillions to billions)

The hard currency is not very high. The dollar value is still the same within the entire currency, but the way many are stating it would basically need a new currency introduced.

I think the CBI would miss out on an opportunity to make profit if they make revenue from the buy/sell of the currency as the value rises (After LOP, the value wouldn't have much to rise in value, or so I would think)

Anything is possible.

Even a slow slow slow rise in value.

Whether they RV like some hope or redenominate like others believe they will do, Iraq will have to introduce the same notes (1,5,10, etc). Its a cost that they will incur either way they go. It's just that one method will cost them trillions of dollars in future oil sales, and the other will simply tick off people that have bought dinar in the past couple of years. Since the people that bought dinar several years ago are already in the position to see a profit after all fees and any premiums are considered. Governments will make their money through a complete slew of manners ranging from export taxes to military re-armament.

A redenomination would save Iraq trillions of dollars. Why would they not do it? That simple fact I cannot get out of my head. All the possibilities, theories, angles, and outcomes it really all comes down to that. And don't tell me it would hurt investors. We all know that's not the case. No one would lose money.

Agreed. The part I cannot get out of my head is how the rumors and such claim rates of $.86-$6, which would give Iraq a higher valued monetary system than the rest of the middle east combined, with only a fraction of the oil to support it. In all the discussions, rumors and chats most people only discuss the 27 trillion physical dinar that has to be accounted for and completely ignore the electronic side which is about the same size as the physical. When you take that into consideration, even a $1 straight up RV would then mean they have a monetary base larger than some of the most dominant economies on the planet. Still hoping to find a scenario that makes sense at some point - so far the only one out there seems to be the exchanging oil in return for dinar which would bankrupt Iraq and still leave them owing oil.

Edited by HopefulTxn
  • Upvote 3

Call me the eternal optimist, but I just don't forsee a lop. Remember, how many times have we been told to watch what they do and not what they say? Also we have been told time and again that there will intentionally be a lot of misinformation put out right as the RV is approaching. Don't forget that stuff. My thoughts (and I know many of you will disagree as is your right) are that we will have a straight up RV. In fact I think we will have two. Low at first (somewhere between 20 to 40 cents). Iraq can easily support an RVof that amount. Then, after all the people like me who are ready to get off the merry go round ( and anything 35cents or better and I'm gone) cash in, I expect them to reval closer to it's real value. This second reval, by the way will occur one day after I cash in. ( Just so you hanger oners know how long you'll have to hold).

Just a reminder to all of us (including myself)....... remember the cost of cashing in at the institution,Ali,or whomever.

There will be a spread between the Dinar and whatever currency you may choose.

Like Adam has stated,the spread may be large in the beginning,then come down in time.

So if it RV's at .86,1.00, 3,5, whatever, you will not be getting that when you cash.

Ali has told us his charge for his service in a price per million,but he has no idea what the spread will be with the institution

he will be using,nor does anyone know at this time.

It will float..thats the way the forex works as many of you all know.

You can ABSOLUTELY become filthy rich with an investment of a couple thousand dollars....but 10s of thousands of people...probably 100s of thousands by now....all getting rich because they threw a couple G's into the Dinar....not a chance.....NONE ;)

Money dont' come that easy.....come on now...we all know that...I would hope :unsure:

Why are you on here? Do you get some sort of kick bursting people's balloons?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Common misconception, people that have exchanged currency for currency are not 'investors', they are currency speculators. IMO, the real money will be made through the real investment opportunities that open up once the HCL is passed and their ISX becomes more globally connected.

Whether they RV like some hope or redenominate like others believe they will do, Iraq will have to introduce the same notes (1,5,10, etc). Its a cost that they will incur either way they go. It's just that one method will cost them trillions of dollars in future oil sales, and the other will simply tick off people that have bought dinar in the past couple of years. Since the people that bought dinar several years ago are already in the position to see a profit after all fees and any premiums are considered. Governments will make their money through a complete slew of manners ranging from export taxes to military re-armament.

Agreed. The part I cannot get out of my head is how the rumors and such claim rates of $.86-$6, which would give Iraq a higher valued monetary system than the rest of the middle east combined, with only a fraction of the oil to support it. In all the discussions, rumors and chats most people only discuss the 27 trillion physical dinar that has to be accounted for and completely ignore the electronic side which is about the same size as the physical. When you take that into consideration, even a $1 straight up RV would then mean they have a monetary base larger than some of the most dominant economies on the planet. Still hoping to find a scenario that makes sense at some point - so far the only one out there seems to be the exchanging oil in return for dinar which would bankrupt Iraq and still leave them owing oil.

Its kind of a weird situation becuase if there are $27 trillion outside of Iraq and they rv it seems there is no way possible they could cover that, but on the other side of the spectrum if they straight up LOP, it doesnt even seem they have enough to run the country. If Iraq did a straight up lop, then the CBI has intentionally been ripping off selling us their currency knowing they are going to devalue their money. I wouldn't put it past them though. I think worst case scenario is LOP/RV.

Its kind of a weird situation becuase if there are $27 trillion outside of Iraq and they rv it seems there is no way possible they could cover that, but on the other side of the spectrum if they straight up LOP, it doesnt even seem they have enough to run the country. If Iraq did a straight up lop, then the CBI has intentionally been ripping off selling us their currency knowing they are going to devalue their money. I wouldn't put it past them though. I think worst case scenario is LOP/RV.

Who said anything about them devaluing their money? A redenomination would be, at a minimum, a neutral move. How would the CBI be ripping anyone off since they did not sell you one dinar? Most likely you bought your dinar through a dealer like Ali that gets his dinar from the UAE and not Iraq. The other thing to mention is that 27 trillion is only the physical currency of their monetary system, when you include the bank deposits and such the number grows to ~50 trillion dinar in total(M1).

Any loss that would be incurred would not be from the currency redenomination, it would be from premiums and shipping fees at purchase and spreads or fees during the exchange back to USD. There is another thread talking about silver greetings selling 50 dinar notes. One package that they have sells (100) 50 dinar notes for $89, which is 2000% more than the actual value of ~$4.25. It's a individuals choice whether they want to pay that, but it increases the likelihood of a loss on the speculation. It's not the currency value that will cause any losses, it is simply the premiums and exchange fees.

• Upvote 1