Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Moment of quiet reflection for Japan

At 12 noon EST today I am going to find a quiet place and spend one minute in quiet reflective prayer for the people affected by the disasters taking place in Japan. I hope as many people as possible will join me. We all know what the power of prayer can do. Most if not all of us have witnessed it in our own lives. Sometimes daily. Our brothers and sisters in Japan need our love and support right now and maybe if we do it all together our power of prayer can make a difference in their lives.

It's times like these that make me realize how wrapped up in my own selfish desires I can get. Many people in Japan have lost everything. For some, life has changed forever. I wanted to do something but was not sure what. Then I realized that the simple gesture of prayer may be all I need to do right now to help someone half a world away.

Peace

• Upvote 14

At 12 noon EST today I am going to find a quiet place and spend one minute in quiet reflective prayer for the people affected by the disasters taking place in Japan. I hope as many people as possible will join me. We all know what the power of prayer can do. Most if not all of us have witnessed it in our own lives. Sometimes daily. Our brothers and sisters in Japan need our love and support right now and maybe if we do it all together our power of prayer can make a difference in their lives.

It's times like these that make me realize how wrapped up in my own selfish desires I can get. Many people in Japan have lost everything. For some, life has changed forever. I wanted to do something but was not sure what. Then I realized that the simple gesture of prayer may be all I need to do right now to help someone half a world away.

Peace

I'm with you TJ, that is a really great idea. Japan is in desperate need of help, further news reports indicate that one of the Nuclear Power Plants Reactors may actually Melt down today do to loss of primary coolant. This would be a horrible tragedy. 14000 people have been evacuated from the sites location, currently unsafe levels of radiation are being emitted from this Reactors containment building. May God have mercy on them all in their hour of need. I too will stop at noon EST today in a few moments of prayer for the island nation of Japan. Great Post. Peace.

• Upvote 3

That is a very kind thing to do. I have written down one of my favorite Buddhist prayers if you'd like to use it:

Golden Chain Prayer

We are a link in Buddha's golden chain

of love that stretches around the world.

We will keep our link bright and strong.

We will be kind and gentle to every living thing

And protect all who are weaker than ourselves.

And those in pain and suffering are in our minds and hearts

We will think pure and beautiful thoughts,

Say pure and beautiful words,

And do pure and beautiful deeds.

May every link in Buddha's chain of love be bright and strong,

And may we all attain perfect peace.

Namo Amida Buddha.

By the way, you need not think that you are praying to a deity. True Buddhaism does not have a deity. The spirit of mindfulness rest within us. :)

• Upvote 2

That is a very kind thing to do. I have written down one of my favorite Buddhist prayers if you'd like to use it:

Golden Chain Prayer

We are a link in Buddha's golden chain

of love that stretches around the world.

We will keep our link bright and strong.

We will be kind and gentle to every living thing

And protect all who are weaker than ourselves.

And those in pain and suffering are in our minds and hearts

We will think pure and beautiful thoughts,

Say pure and beautiful words,

And do pure and beautiful deeds.

May every link in Buddha's chain of love be bright and strong,

And may we all attain perfect peace.

Namo Amida Buddha.

By the way, you need not think that you are praying to a deity. True Buddhaism does not have a deity. The spirit of mindfulness rest within us. :)

This is beautiful Tiffany, Namaste.

Thank you so much for all who participated. Tiffany, thank you for that beautiful prayer. I did indeed use it. The whole time I was praying I had goose bumps all over my body. I wasn't cold. I was in a state of total peace. I think it was the power of prayer.

May God bless and protect us all and all those we love.

Peace!

• Upvote 2

Well thats what happens when you don't believe in God.

Im sure the Japanise are very "Shaken Up" By this event?

If you are going to throw insults around, at the very least make sure your spelling is correct. Otherwise the only person you are insulting is yourself.

I'll pray for you, bro. Sounds like you need it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Peace

Tjmunson. You are a good Man/Woman.......... I'll join you in spirit......

Well thats what happens when you don't believe in God.

Im sure the Japanise are very "Shaken Up" By this event?

Very true.....thou shalt not worship graven images........But yes.....pray for them. I lived in Okinawa for years, the people are very honor driven