Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Monday afternoon .. so far

BETTYBOOP

11-27-2023   Newshound Guru Pimpy   There was a content creator who absolutely misinterpreted an article we need to clarify the mistakes that were made so people don't panic... Article "We are not thinking of returning the dollar to its previous price and the problem began under Saddam - Central Bank When they say return it to the precious price, for some reason the individual thought that meant returning to the $3.22 rate.  That's not what they're talking about.  Nowhere in the article does it say the $3.22 rate.  It just says return it to its previous price...that means the one before this one.  That would be 1450 dinar.  He's talking about they're not going to devalue the Iraq dinar.

11-27-2023   Intel Guru MarkZ   [via PDK]   In Iraq: “Change of business dealings- Iraq replaced dollar with currencies to stabilize the dinar.”  In other words “De-Dollarization”  They want to be totally dollar free by Jan. 1st.  All part of creating a basket of currencies that will help support the dinar. Something to measure against other than the dollar

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BETTYBOOP said:

11-27-2023   Newshound Guru Pimpy   There was a content creator who absolutely misinterpreted an article we need to clarify the mistakes that were made so people don't panic... Article "We are not thinking of returning the dollar to its previous price and the problem began under Saddam - Central Bank When they say return it to the precious price, for some reason the individual thought that meant returning to the $3.22 rate.  That's not what they're talking about.  Nowhere in the article does it say the $3.22 rate.  It just says return it to its previous price...that means the one before this one.  That would be 1450 dinar.  He's talking about they're not going to devalue the Iraq dinar.

Agree. 

Iraq will return to the previous rate of 1450.

Then it may be adjusted to 1,000 to 1 at some point in near future.

After that time, we may see the 'Project To Delete The Zeros, go into affect.

I believe all this can all happen in January 2024.

• Pow! 2

20 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

I know most on here are thinking January 2024, but they have said "by January 1st'.  Seems to me then that some kind of change would occur before the end of the year.  

Went back to reread that @Shedagal and you are correct. It does say "by" may not mean much, but I'll take it. 

Thxs for the catch.

pp

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

I know most on here are thinking January 2024, but they have said "by January 1st'.  Seems to me then that some kind of change would occur before the end of the year.  

I have to agree 100% . That appears to be the far out deadline. I would think we might see another rate change before then. Possibly 1100 or 1000 to 1 and then another change some time in the 1st quarter of the new year

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Article "We are not thinking of returning the dollar to its previous price and the problem began under Saddam - Central Bank 

Are they talking to the rate prior to sadaamtaking control? Are they talking about the rate as per their consititution? And law? Priced against gold and silver? Onky true value? Is gold? Just saying anything could happen! 

• Pow! 4

37 minutes ago, screwball said:

1.50$ is Pre Saddam rate or there abouts! 

My friend who is part of the golfer guru's private facebook site, says that his economist guruette who works with or for JP Morgan is saying that the countries who have decided to join BRICS have all agreed to a 1-1 rate. Some will go down, some will go up(I think you mentioned something like this SB?). I wish I could go there,but instead, I just have to rely on what I'm told. I know there are others here who are part of that site that can either confirm or deny what I've been told?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Pow! 1

55 minutes ago, hspotman said:

saying that the countries who have decided to join BRICS have all agreed to a 1-1 rate.

i actualy think this is countries who have agreed to go gold and asset backed NO CBDC! I have heard that no one wants to deal with BIDEN and his FEDNOW CBDC! the 1:1 i have heard and see on twitter and yes it does fit with "some up, some down and some the same"

• Pow! 6

we have made it sooooooooo long , whats 5 weeks to jan 1st and even if we wait 1st quarter its not that long!  this and other artciles point to it all being done by Jan 1 2024....from previous post another thread down below!

6 hours ago, RJG said:

we expect that economic and financial stability will be strongly present at the beginning of next year.”

6 hours ago, RJG said:

Al-Kazimi added that “we expect that the new year will witness a significant decline in dollar prices with the appreciation of the value of the Iraqi dinar,

6 hours ago, RJG said:

on the possibility of the Iraqi government succeeding in controlling the dollar by the end of the current year

🙏

Edited by screwball
  • Like 1
  • Pow! 6

11 hours ago, BETTYBOOP said:

this moron!

• Pow! 1

5 hours ago, screwball said:

1.50$ is Pre Saddam rate or there abouts! 

The Pre-Saddam the rate was $3.22/IQD.

History of the Iraqi Dinar

The Iraqi dinar was put into circulation in 1932 and replaced the Indian rupee, which was the national currency since the British occupation in World War I. The Iraqi dinar remained tied to the British pound until 1959, after which it was pegged to the United States dollar at a rate of 1 IQD = 2.80 USD, without a change in value.

Iraqi dinar did not follow the devaluation of the US currency in 1971 and 1973 and increased to 3.38 USD before the value of the IQD reduced to 3.22 USD due to a 5% devaluation. The rate continued until the Gulf War, though the black-market rate was about six times higher in late 1989. (Note: Saddam came to power in 1979.)

Following the 1991 Gulf War, subject to UN sanctions, the formerly used Swiss printing method became unavailable. Hence, new and lower quality notes were made, while the previously created notes came to be known as the Swiss dinar and continued to be used in Iraq’s Kurdistan Region. The sanctions enforced by the global community and the United States, together with excessive printing by the government, rapidly devalued the new dinar notes.

At the end of 1995, 1 USD was priced at 3,000 IQD. New notes were released again in 2003; however, at that time, they were of higher quality so that the whole country could use a single currency. While the old Iraqi dinars were exchanged with new Iraqi dinar notes on a one-to-one basis, the Swiss notes were replaced at a rate of 150 new notes for one Swiss note.

• Thanks 4

5 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

The Pre-Saddam the rate was $3.22/IQD.

History of the Iraqi Dinar

The Iraqi dinar was put into circulation in 1932 and replaced the Indian rupee, which was the national currency since the British occupation in World War I. The Iraqi dinar remained tied to the British pound until 1959, after which it was pegged to the United States dollar at a rate of 1 IQD = 2.80 USD, without a change in value.

Iraqi dinar did not follow the devaluation of the US currency in 1971 and 1973 and increased to 3.38 USD before the value of the IQD reduced to 3.22 USD due to a 5% devaluation. The rate continued until the Gulf War, though the black-market rate was about six times higher in late 1989. (Note: Saddam came to power in 1979.)

Following the 1991 Gulf War, subject to UN sanctions, the formerly used Swiss printing method became unavailable. Hence, new and lower quality notes were made, while the previously created notes came to be known as the Swiss dinar and continued to be used in Iraq’s Kurdistan Region. The sanctions enforced by the global community and the United States, together with excessive printing by the government, rapidly devalued the new dinar notes.

At the end of 1995, 1 USD was priced at 3,000 IQD. New notes were released again in 2003; however, at that time, they were of higher quality so that the whole country could use a single currency. While the old Iraqi dinars were exchanged with new Iraqi dinar notes on a one-to-one basis, the Swiss notes were replaced at a rate of 150 new notes for one Swiss note.

Oops my bad! Looks like it’s even better than I thought! 😂😂🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2
  • Pow! 1