Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

AMC to the MOON!

keylime

21 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

Thxs jg1. Had not really seen this asked so I thought I'd throw it out there.

pp

By the way, Im no expert. Just read it somewhere.

I just searched it up.

Insurance Against Broker and Dealer Bankruptcy

In 1970, Congress created a new agency known as the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC). This agency's only function is to cover the losses of investors' accounts incurred by the bankruptcy of their broker or dealer.

The SIPC does not cover any kind of loss incurred as a result of market activity, fraud, or any other cause of loss other than the bankruptcy of a broker or dealer. Regulatory agencies such as the Securities And Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) deal with issues related to fraud and other losses.

The SIPC either acts as a trustee or works with the client to recover assets in the event a broker or dealer becomes insolvent. The SIPC will also oversee the recovery process and ensure that all customer claims are paid in a timely and orderly fashion, and all recovered securities are distributed on an equitable, pro-rata basis.

The SIPC will reimburse investors for up to $500,000, of which up to $250,000 can be cash. Any securities that are already registered in the certificate form in the investor's name will be returned as well.1

Example of SIPC Protection

Say an investor has $300,000 in cash and $150,000 in securities held in street name with a broker or dealer that becomes insolvent. They also deposit $450,000 worth of securities registered in their own name with the broker or dealer just before it declares bankruptcy.

The SIPC guidelines dictate that the investor will receive $250,000 of their cash and all of their securities that are held in street name, for a total of $400,000. Although the SIPC will reimburse for up to $500,000, the remaining $50,000 of cash will not be covered because it is over the $250,000 limit for cash. They will get back all of their stock certificates, provided they are still registered in their name.

When SIPC Protection May Not Apply

Not all types of securities are eligible for SIPC reimbursement. Securities that the SIPC will not reimburse for include commodities, futures, currency, fixed, and indexed annuity contracts, and limited partnerships (LP), which are covered separately by insurance carriers. In addition, any security that is not registered with the SEC will not be eligible for reimbursement.1

Edited by jg1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 2

What Dark Pool Trading Volume Says About AMC Stock

Dark pool activity has been a hot topic among AMC investors, as trading volume seems elevated as of late. Wall Street Memes discusses the impact of dark pool trading on AMC stock.

What Dark Pool Trading Volume Says About AMC Stock

Dark pool activity has been a hot topic among AMC investors, as trading volume seems elevated as of late. Wall Street Memes discusses the impact of dark pool trading on AMC stock.

AMC investors’ long battle against dark pools is far from over. Apes believe that lack of trading transparency drags  (AMC) - Get AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. Class A Report stock price, while market makers and large investment firms with short positions benefit.

Today, Wall Street Memes takes a closer look at this topic and discusses the implications of dark pool trading on AMC stock.

(Read more from Wall Street Memes: AMC Stock: Bullish Case In The Face Of Market Jitters)

What are dark pools, is it legal?

Dark pools are an alternative trading system to the big exchanges — like the NYSE, for example. These systems provide certain investors with the ability to execute large trades without having to publicly disclose the transactions until execution is completed.

The main purpose of dark pools is to generate liquidity, primarily for the benefit of buy-side institutions, without much disruption to asset prices. High frequency and high volume traders may take advantage of dark pools, since they have the need to move swiftly in the market

Dark pools are considered legal. However, the system is criticized for lack of transparency around trade operations. The prices traded on dark pools may diverge from the ones displayed on public exchanges, which can supposedly handicap retail investors.

AMC’s dark pool trading volume

Data reported of AMC trades suggests that an average of 64% of shares bought and sold over the past 20 days have come from dark pools. As a benchmark, in the US, estimates suggests that 40% of all executed trades are completed in dark pools and about 20% in Europe. An actively traded stock like Apple  (AAPL) - Get Apple Inc. (AAPL) Report sees 50% of its activity happen in dark pools; Tesla  (TSLA) - Get Tesla Inc Report 53%; and Microsoft  (MSFT) -

AMC’s elevated dark pool trading helps to raise retail investors’ suspicions. Market making firm Citadel Securities tweeted for the first time on the topic and defended itself from accusations of retail trading irregularities, calling it “absurd”.

What AMC investors should expect

It is possible that dark pools may impact the equities market and stock prices. What stands out in the case of AMC is that the volume of shares traded in dark pools is higher than average. In spite of it, AMC stock has already rallied viciously twice this year.

Regarding the apes, it is worth acknowledging the consequences of their vocal approach to this topic. Legal measures regarding dark pools may come to light soon, since SEC chairman Gary Gensler has shown that he is paying close attention to the matter.

Apes are likely to keep following the discussions closely. Their desire to see AMC shares head to the moon depends on it.

Twitter speaks

AMC apes, investors and enthusiasts: what do you believe is missing for AMC stock go to the moon? If none of the options below pleases you, feel free to comment your answer. AMC investors’ long battle against dark pools is far from over. Apes believe that lack of trading transparency drags  () -  stock price, while market makers and large investment firms with short positions benefit.

(Disclaimers: this is not investment advice. The author may be long one or more stocks mentioned in this report. Also, the article may contain affiliate links. These partnerships do not influence editorial content. Thanks for supporting Wall Street Memes)

pp

•  
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

6 hours ago, markb57 said:

DARK POOL corruption, if brought to light for all investors may cause major distrust and people would cease to use the stock market.

i know this is my last dealings with it....

It's like we are getting rid of a tick on the paw of a dog only to see a million more all over his body. You're right. After the MOASS I can't see any reason to reinvest in the stock market. Metals and real estate are safer and more tangible.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 3

8 hours ago, markb57 said:

DARK POOL corruption, if brought to light for all investors may cause major distrust and people would cease to use the stock market.

i know this is my last dealings with it....

It’s a rigged game for sure but now that you understand the game exploit it.  Most people who trade the markets learn to do exactly what the big money does.  Once you develop your discipline it’s pretty easy if you are patient. 

The way I play it is to find the stocks that are pumping like AMC a few months ago and hop on. I look for the proper moving average alignments, the Price walking up the Bollinger Bands, the RSI and the indicators to be rising.  Once the run is over and the price crosses the 5 ma down I sell half.  Once the price crosses the 9 ma I’m all out.  

The hardest part of trading is being patient and waiting for the proper set ups.  Once you master that the game becomes fairly easy.  It took me years to develop my risk tolerances, style of trading, and discipline. Trading is like anything else in life you do, the more you do it the better you become. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 8

8 hours ago, Pitcher said:

It’s a rigged game for sure but now that you understand the game exploit it.  Most people who trade the markets learn to do exactly what the big money does.  Once you develop your discipline it’s pretty easy if you are patient. 

The way I play it is to find the stocks that are pumping like AMC a few months ago and hop on. I look for the proper moving average alignments, the Price walking up the Bollinger Bands, the RSI and the indicators to be rising.  Once the run is over and the price crosses the 5 ma down I sell half.  Once the price crosses the 9 ma I’m all out.  

The hardest part of trading is being patient and waiting for the proper set ups.  Once you master that the game becomes fairly easy.  It took me years to develop my risk tolerances, style of trading, and discipline. Trading is like anything else in life you do, the more you do it the better you become. 

Excellent? Thank you for sharing as always. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

Well up a $1.31 for the day. Nice little turnaround. Lets hope we can keep it up and force the hedge funds to cough up all the cash they have stolen over the years.

I am at at point now were they will NEVER GET MY SHARES unless it's on my terms. Believe me, it won't be cheap.

pp

• Like 1
  • Pow! 6