Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Barr Says No Basis For Special Counsel To Investigate Election, No Federal Authority To Seize Voting Machines

ABC News

Barr says no basis for special counsel to investigate election, no federal authority to seize voting machines

LUKE BARR
Mon, December 21, 2020, 11:36 AM EST

Attorney General William Barr said Monday he has seen no reason for a special counsel to investigate possible fraud in the November election, contradicting an idea proposed by President Donald Trump.

Barr, who is set to step down on Wednesday, said, "if I thought a special counsel was appropriate, I would name one, and I haven't."

"I said there was not enough fraud to affect the election and I stand by that," he said, noting what he said in an AP interview shortly before informing Trump during a White House meeting that he would resign.

Barr also said there is no federal authority to seize voting machines used in key states, as Trump's personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, has suggested he order.

“I see no basis now for seizing machines by the federal government, you know, a wholesale seizure of machines by the federal government," he said.

During a Friday meeting with Trump at the White House, a source said, Guiliani, lawyer Sydney Powell and retired Gen. Michael Flynn discussed an executive order to seize and examine voting machines across the country.

MORE: Fired attorney Sidney Powell is back, advising Trump to chart a scorched-earth course

PHOTO: William Barr, attorney general, attends a meeting with members of the St. Louis Police Department in St. Louis, Oct. 15, 2020.  (Jeff Roberson/Bloomberg via Getty Images, FILE)
PHOTO: William Barr, attorney general, attends a meeting with members of the St. Louis Police Department in St. Louis, Oct. 15, 2020. (Jeff Roberson/Bloomberg via Getty Images, FILE)

Trump invited Powell to consider the possibility that she be appointed a special counsel and be given high-level security clearances to investigate the 2020 election. The meeting was highly contentious, sources told ABC News, filled with screaming and demands from Powell, who called other Trump aids "quitters" for giving up the fight.

The meeting ended with White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, White House counsel Pat Cipollone and other Trump attorneys talking the president out of making the offer, the sources said. Giuliani, who joined the meeting by phone, also opposed the idea, according to sources.

Powell did not respond to ABC News' request for comment. She was at the White House Sunday as well, but the reason was unclear.

Barr's candid comments came when he answered reporters' questions at an unrelated news conference.

ABC News' John Santucci, Katherine Faulders, Matt Mosk, Olivia Rubin and Alexander Mallin contributed to this report.This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/barr-says-no-basis-special-163600594.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, coorslite21 said:

Barr is gone in 24 hours......or is he....?

Nothing to see here.....

or is there?....

Interesting month ahead.....

CL

Of course there’s nothing to see..,. What are we going to watch them sweep it under the carpet ..,

what’s Joe Biden good at saying “ And son of a biatch he was fired “ 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Barr has proven himself to be nothing more than a Deep State Rat. To tell you the truth I never understood why Trump chose him. 

It's sad how far America has fallen. Albeit this was prophesied that lawlessness will abound. 

We brought ourselves here by murdering 60 plus million babies and we're gonna die as a nation because we're all too cowardly to do what it takes to repent for our sins and eradicate those who worship themselves. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

3 hours ago, caddieman said:

Lol he’s the worst AG ever. He became Trumps personal lawyer.

Schiffty was on the tube yesterday and spent a great deal of time ripping Barr....the left and the MSM have ramped up the attacks even more in the past few days......if this is a done deal......what are they so worried about?

And why are they still hiding Joe?     CL 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Schiffty was on the tube yesterday and spent a great deal of time ripping Barr....the left and the MSM have ramped up the attacks even more in the past few days......if this is a done deal......what are they so worried about?

And why are they still hiding Joe?     CL 

Hiding Joe?....I saw him get his vax.  In fact, and I'm certainly not attempting to offend anyone, but, we've seen much more of Joe than Donald since the election.  

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Pow! 2

24 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Hiding Joe?....I saw him get his vax.  In fact, and I'm certainly not attempting to offend anyone, but, we've seen much more of Joe than Donald since the election.  

GO RV, then BV

That's because President Trump is busy preparing a Military campaign. 

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

8 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

You really need to expand your intelligence sources. 

Look at Trump's recent changes at the Pentagon and the DOJ. 

Also EO 13848

The top brass in uniforms will be calling the shots for the military in this already certified election matter.....not some suit.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Barr has proven himself to be nothing more than a Deep State Rat. To tell you the truth I never understood why Trump chose him. 

It's sad how far America has fallen. Albeit this was prophesied that lawlessness will abound. 

We brought ourselves here by murdering 60 plus million babies and we're gonna die as a nation because we're all too cowardly to do what it takes to repent for our sins and eradicate those who worship themselves. 

LGD I am not so sure about him being deep state, here is my thoughts on this matter now. Barr was brought in to do a job and expose the Mueller investigation which he did. Think about this have you heard Trump bad mouth Barr after he completely contradicts what Trump has said and done the answer is no. Trump has stood up and tweeted about anyone who has gone against him basically. So Barr has done his job and he is not the right man to go any further just by his demeanor you can tell that. What we should see on Jan 6th is Mike Pence controls everything on that day and there is no legal remedy after for the Demorats period. He will be following the Constitution and when all these disputed states have their envelopes brought up for Biden and Trump what Pence is going to do is NOT even open them. He is going to declare or say something like your states election has been unconstitutional with too much evidence of fraud and/or changing election laws within the state that wasn’t done legally by your legislature etc. he will go this route. From there we just follow the  Constitution and each state will get their one vote in which Trump should easily win re-election!!

• Pow! 2

2 minutes ago, Dinarrock said:

LGD I am not so sure about him being deep state, here is my thoughts on this matter now. Barr was brought in to do a job and expose the Mueller investigation which he did. Think about this have you heard Trump bad mouth Barr after he completely contradicts what Trump has said and done the answer is no. Trump has stood up and tweeted about anyone who has gone against him basically. So Barr has done his job and he is not the right man to go any further just by his demeanor you can tell that. What we should see on Jan 6th is Mike Pence controls everything on that day and there is no legal remedy after for the Demorats period. He will be following the Constitution and when all these disputed states have their envelopes brought up for Biden and Trump what Pence is going to do is NOT even open them. He is going to declare or say something like your states election has been unconstitutional with too much evidence of fraud and/or changing election laws within the state that wasn’t done legally by your legislature etc. he will go this route. From there we just follow the  Constitution and each state will get their one vote in which Trump should easily win re-election!!

And if Jan 6th rolls around and VP Pence counts the votes and announces Joe Biden as the next POTUS, then what?

GO RV, then BV 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

The top brass in uniforms will be calling the shots for the military in this already certified election matter.....not some suit.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

TOP BRASS FOLLOWS ORDERS,  or they will face the Firing squad just like all of the other TRAITORS. 

You know military personnel can only do what they are told. ESPECIALLY when acting under Martial Law. 

• Pow! 1

6 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

TOP BRASS FOLLOWS ORDERS,  or they will face the Firing squad just like all of the other TRAITORS. 

You know military personnel can only do what they are told. ESPECIALLY when acting under Martial Law. 

They're only required to follow "lawful" orders, brother.....if it comes down to a head, JAG will probably get a say.  The U.S. military will NOT be forcing a new election on American citizens at gun point.....The very fact that Donald went crazy with his pardon pen yesterday reveals he knows his time in office is almost over.  

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Pow! 1

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

They're only required to follow "lawful" orders, brother.....if it comes down to a head, JAG will probably get a say.  The U.S. military will NOT be forcing a new election on American citizens at gun point.....The very fact that Donald went crazy with his pardon pen yesterday reveals he knows his time in office is almost over.  

GO RV, then BV

15......that's crazy with his pardon pen?....that's rich....!

I've posted my thoughts on what lies a head.....and I stand by them.....

Interesting times ahead....

CL

• Pow! 1