Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content

Presidential Debate | President Trump and Joe Biden |


Recommended Posts

Trump was brilliant. He hit him with everything the main stream media refuses to ask Biden. About Hunter Biden and being paid by Burisma, and China when Biden was VP. He asked him how many law enforcement agencies back him. He asked him why he said he went to an all black college in Delaware State of which Delaware State denied him ever going. Trump used this debate as his own media conference. He could care less about the soft balls Chris Wallace was throwing. Trump hit Biden on being a socialist and Bernie Sanders' manifesto. Biden had no answers. Trump told him he has done more in 47 months than Biden in 47 years against all the false attacks of the Dems and main stream media with the Russian witch hunt which Biden was a part of, the fraudulent impeachment while Covid was coming to our shores. Trump hit body blow after body blow. Trump called Biden out on his racist past remarks of African American and his racist policies. And all Biden could do was call Trump a "clown, a racist, and at one point Shut up man."

Trump was setting him up for the next debate where he will continue to hammer his character and keep asking him the questions the main stream media won't.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like Trump to agree to follow the debate rules and then renege on that promise....Chris Wallace spent most of the night putting Trump in time out for being a petulant child.  A complete embarrassment on the world stage...And Biden had his own childish issues, but cognitive decline wasn't one of them.

 

GO RV, then BV 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keylime said:

Trump was brilliant. He hit him with everything the main stream media refuses to ask Biden. About Hunter Biden and being paid by Burisma, and China when Biden was VP. He asked him how many law enforcement agencies back him. He asked him why he said he went to an all black college in Delaware State of which Delaware State denied him ever going. Trump used this debate as his own media conference. He could care less about the soft balls Chris Wallace was throwing. Trump hit Biden on being a socialist and Bernie Sanders' manifesto. Biden had no answers. Trump told him he has done more in 47 months than Biden in 47 years against all the false attacks of the Dems and main stream media with the Russian witch hunt which Biden was a part of, the fraudulent impeachment while Covid was coming to our shores. Trump hit body blow after body blow. Trump called Biden out on his racist past remarks of African American and his racist policies. And all Biden could do was call Trump a "clown, a racist, and at one point Shut up man."

Trump was setting him up for the next debate where he will continue to hammer his character and keep asking him the questions the main stream media won't.


Agreed. Just like last debate, Chris kept cutting off Trump, and let Biden finish talking. Somebody must have slipped some money in the old pocket. 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

That debate was simply a train wreck. Trump can be his own worst enemy sometimes. He needs to take It down a notch or two to win over some of the independents. He did have some good lines though. Wallace needs to go, his bias was obvious.

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump needed to make headway with suburban woman. Do you Really think he accomplished that, by not denouncing White supremacy. Or telling a White supremacy to “Stand By” He said nothing to the group of people he needs the most. As a matter of fact he probably scared the hell out of them. He knows he is losing so he trying to sow fear instead of addressing the concerns of middle Americans. It’s his downfall. He plays to his base and that’s all he does. This debate is the beginning of the end.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I learned one thing. President Trump would be a good candidate if they were casting Really Housewives of The White House or Honey Boo Boo goes to Washington.... That was really a disgrace to watch. A complete disregard for rules of the format. I also learned he is hearing voices in his head. No one is saying the things he says... JMHO

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Johnny Dinar said:

Well I learned one thing. President Trump would be a good candidate if they were casting Really Housewives of The White House or Honey Boo Boo goes to Washington.... That was really a disgrace to watch. A complete disregard for rules of the format. I also learned he is hearing voices in his head. No one is saying the things he says... JMHO


I don’t know I think Honey Boo Boo could have debated better!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Johnny Dinar said:

If I was the producer of the show I would instruct each participant that you get two minutes. Then the other person gets to minutes. If you interrupt we will cut your mic. What I saw was simply bad TV. JMHO

Agreed

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Johnny Dinar said:

If I was the producer of the show I would instruct each participant that you get two minutes. Then the other person gets to minutes. If you interrupt we will cut your mic. What I saw was simply bad TV. JMHO

Agreed

Link to post
Share on other sites
 

4 takeaways from the most juvenile presidential debate in U.S. history

Andrew Romano
Andrew Romano
·West Coast Correspondent
Wed, September 30, 2020, 1:26 AM EDT
 
 
f39f20c0-f365-11ea-91cc-e1728f426a2e

After months of anticipation, President Trump and his Democratic rival, former Vice President Joe Biden, finally met onstage in Cleveland on Tuesday night for the first presidential debate of 2020 — perhaps the single most important moment of the fall campaign.

But “presidential debate” is too dignified a phrase to describe what actually went down Tuesday at Case Western University. “Foodfight” is the more fitting term — with one candidate, Trump, determined to sling a torrent of false and misleading attacks at his Democratic opponent, and the other, Biden, often struggling to reach the end of a sentence without getting sidetracked by Trump’s haranguing interruptions.

“Gentlemen! I hate to raise my voice, but why should I be different than the two of you?” moderator Chris Wallace of Fox News was forced to shout after the umpteenth unintelligible spat of the evening. “I think that the country would be better served if we allowed both people to speak with fewer interruptions. I’m appealing to you, sir,” Wallace said, turning to Trump, “to do that.”

“Well, and him, too,” Trump muttered, gesturing toward Biden.

“Well, frankly, you’ve been doing more interrupting than he has,” Wallace retorted.

“Well, that’s all right,” Trump continued, “but he does plenty.”

“Well, sir, less than you have,” Wallace said.

Such was the level of discourse throughout the evening, thanks to Trump. Here are four takeaways from the most juvenile presidential debate in U.S. history.

Trump tried to rattle Biden — but it probably wasn’t enough to shake up the race

President Trump and Joe Biden at the first presidential debate on Sept. 29, 2020, in Cleveland, Ohio. (Photo illustration: Yahoo News; photos: Brian Snyder/Reuters, Julio Cortez/AP)
President Trump and Joe Biden at the first presidential debate on Sept. 29, 2020, in Cleveland, Ohio. (Photo illustration: Yahoo News; photos: Brian Snyder/Reuters, Julio Cortez/AP)

Despite an unprecedented amount of real-world upheaval — the COVID-19 pandemic, the resulting economic collapse, a racial reckoning in the streets — the presidential race between Trump and Biden has remained remarkably stable. Exactly one year ago, Biden was leading Trump by 7.6 percentage points, on average; today, Biden is ahead by 7. If the election were held right now, forecasters predict that Biden would win 331 electoral votes.

This means that — with 35 days to go until Election Day and voters already beginning to cast ballots in many states — the onus Tuesday was on Trump to change a dynamic that has proven stubbornly resistant to even the most momentous news events.

If nothing else, you can say this about the president’s performance: He certainly tried.

Trump arrived in Cleveland with a single-minded strategy. After years spent crafting a caricature of Biden as an old, enfeebled man who can barely function without the aid of teleprompters, earpieces or performance-enhancing drugs, Trump’s goal Tuesday was to do or say whatever was necessary to trip Biden up and make him lose his train of thought. The hope, it seemed, was that Biden’s rattled missteps would be cut together for viral videos designed to advance that narrative — hence the incessant interruptions.

In a narrow sense, Trump’s strategy was effective. Unable to get a word in edgewise, Biden did not deliver his sharpest performance during the debate’s defining first half, though he improved as the night went on. Trump’s campaign and its allies at Fox News quickly seized on the moments when Biden stammered or stumbled as evidence that the former vice president had lost a step.

But in a broader sense, Trump may have failed to do what he actually needed to do: sway the very small number of remaining undecided voters — a mere 4 percent of the electorate, according to most polls — to his side.

According to one pre-debate survey, 60 percent of swing voters said that the coronavirus pandemic (30 percent) and health care (30 percent) were the top issues facing the United States. Zero percent said “Hunter Biden,” a topic Trump returned to again and again throughout the night.

Trump’s attempts to get under Biden’s skin did unsettle his rival on occasion. But they also provoked some of the Democrat’s most memorable lines.

“Will you shut up, man?” Biden snapped at one point. “This is so unpresidential."

Biden attempted to keep his focus on ordinary Americans

Joe Biden, the Democratic nominee, at the first U.S. presidential debate on Sept. 29, 2020. (Matthew Hatcher/Bloomberg via Getty Images)
Joe Biden, the Democratic nominee, at the first U.S. presidential debate on Sept. 29, 2020. (Matthew Hatcher/Bloomberg via Getty Images)

During the debate, one of Trump’s tactics was to try to drive a wedge between Biden and the left wing of his own party.

“You just lost the radical left,” the president said when Biden reiterated, to no one’s surprise, that he is not and has never been a supporter of the Green New Deal.

To some degree, left-leaning Twitter was disappointed with the nominee’s performance — particularly when he failed to deliver punchy comebacks to Trump’s most outlandish claims or seemed to spend more time complaining about the president’s lack of decorum (“Folks, do you have any idea what this clown is doing?”) than prosecuting the case against him.

Yet Biden had a strategy, too, and it’s one that arguably made more electoral sense than Trump’s. At every turn — no matter what sort of distraction Trump was creating — Biden pivoted back to how his policies and the president’s would affect working Americans.

“We want to talk about families and ethics?” Biden said, when Trump brought up his son Hunter yet again. “His family, we could talk about all night. This is not about my family or his family. It’s about your family. The American people.

“He doesn’t want to talk about what you need,” the former vice president continued, looking squarely at the camera. “You.”

In a muddled debate, it was the closest Biden came to a thesis statement. He went on to argue that the American people need many things: expanded access to health care, continuing protections for preexisting conditions, “safety” from COVID-19, “more money” so schools and businesses shuttered by the pandemic can reopen, and a president whose word they can trust.

“Do you believe for a moment what he’s telling you, in light of all the lies he’s told you about the whole issue relating to COVID?” Biden asked. “He still hasn’t even acknowledged that he knew this was happening, knew how dangerous it was going to be back in February, and he didn’t even tell you.

“He panicked — or he just looked at the stock market, one of the two,” Biden went on. “Because, guess what, a lot of people died — and a lot more are going to die unless he gets a lot smarter, a lot quicker.”

Tellingly, Trump didn’t respond by defending his handling of the pandemic or reaching out to the forgotten men and women of the United States who have been affected by it. All night, the president was argumentative without making any kind of argument for his candidacy.

Instead, Trump took personal offense when Biden insulted his intelligence.

“Don’t ever use the word ‘smart’ with me,” Trump objected. “There’s nothing smart about you, Joe.”

Biden’s pitch may not have been the flashiest. With all the crosstalk, it may not have come through as clearly as it could have. But in substance, it’s the same kind of populist, meat-and-potatoes approach that helped Trump connect with late-breaking swing voters in 2016. By ceding that ground to Biden on Tuesday night, Trump did little to win those voters back.

Trump again refused to condemn white supremacists

President Trump at the first presidential debate in Cleveland on Sept. 29, 2020. (Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images)
President Trump at the first presidential debate in Cleveland on Sept. 29, 2020. (Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images)

In the age of social media, presidential debates are often more about individual moments than either candidate’s overall performance. And one moment in particular may continue to shape the campaign in the days and weeks to come.

With the memory still lingering of Trump’s controversial claim that “very fine people” had attended a 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va., Wallace gave the president a chance Tuesday night to condemn those on the right who have incited violence at more recent protests.

But Trump declined, even as Wallace repeatedly pressed him to speak out.

“Are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence at a number of these cities, as we saw in Kenosha, and as we’ve seen in Portland?” Wallace asked Trump.

“Sure, I’m willing to do that, but I would say that almost everything I see is from the left wing, not from the right wing. I’m willing to do anything. I want to see peace—”

“Well, then, do it, sir,” Wallace interrupted.

“Say it,” Biden interjected. “Do it. Say it.”

“You want to call them, what do you want to call them?” Trump replied. “Give me a name. Go ahead, who would you like me to condemn?”

“White supremacists,” Wallace interjected.

“Proud Boys,” Biden added, referring to the group of self-described “Western chauvinists” whose members appeared alongside white supremacist groups at the 2017 Unite the Right Rally in Charlottesville, and have been a consistent presence during more recent clashes in Portland, Ore.

“Proud Boys, stand back and stand by,” Trump said — before immediately pivoting. “But I’ll tell you what, somebody’s got to do something about antifa and the left, because this is not a right-wing problem.”

The Proud Boys quickly embraced the moment, posting clips of the president’s comment and even circulating an image with Trump’s quote superimposed over their logo.

Trump has in the past sought to blame violence stemming from some recent protests on antifa, an umbrella term for radical left-wing activist groups that sometimes engage in street brawls.

It’s an assessment that Trump’s own FBI Director, Christopher Wray, and acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf have both dispelled in testimony before Congress. By their account, white supremacist violence is the most persistent and deadly domestic terrorist threat facing the country.

When Biden noted Wray’s comments. Trump shot back, “Well, you know what? He’s wrong.”

Biden, for his part, said that while he supports peaceful protests, he condemns violence of any kind.

In the wake of Charlottesville, Trump’s approval rating fell below 37 percent for the first time — the lowest level of his presidency — and remained below 40 percent for the rest of the year.

Trump repeated his baseless claim that the election will be rigged

President Trump at the debate in Cleveland, on Sept. 29, 2020. (Brian Snyder/Reuters)
President Trump at the debate in Cleveland, on Sept. 29, 2020. (Brian Snyder/Reuters)

Another moment that may live on after the debate was the segment where the president of the United States told roughly 100 million Americans that they won’t be able to trust the results of the upcoming election.

“This is going to be fraud like you’ve never seen,” Trump said.

As “evidence,” Trump peppered the television audience with an array of out-of-context remarks about small incidents that were largely examples of errors by election workers affecting tiny, inconsequential numbers of votes — then suggested again, as he has done repeatedly in recent weeks, that he might not accept the results of November’s election

“If I see tens of thousands of ballots being manipulated, I can’t go along with that,” Trump said.

With comments like these, it’s unclear whether Trump is trying to rationalize a potential loss or whether he’s laying the groundwork to claim victory before the year’s pandemic-induced influx of mail ballots have been fully tabulated. Either way, Trump’s efforts to delegitimize an American election in advance are unprecedented. They represent what his own FBI director described as “misinformation” that “will contribute over time to a lack of confidence of American voters and citizens in the validity of their vote.”

Trump is “trying to scare people into thinking it’s not going to be legitimate,” Biden responded on stage. But “he cannot stop you from being able to determine the outcome of this election. If we get the votes, it’s going to be all over. He’s going to go.”

 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/4-takeaways-from-the-most-juvenile-presidential-debate-in-us-history-052659679.html

 

GO RV, then BV

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

While that was a PATHETIC display of political theater ever (ON BOTH SIDES) I'm only slightly amazed that thus far not one of you realizes what just happened. 

 

For over a year now Biden has attempted to get people to believe he's suffering from a form of dementia. And done quite a good job of it. 

Then RBG is finally announced dead and low and behold Biden gives a speech without even the remotest sign of dementia. And last night he displayed a cognitive function showing full control of his mind FOR JUST OVER AN HOUR AND A HALF. 

 

You all think Trump lost but you fail to understand that Trump clearly wasn't even playing the game. As he always does Trump exposed to the country and the legal system that Biden has full command of his faculties and able to stand trial.

 

You think Trump is losing but you don't understand he's already has this locked up. 

 

Joe Biden will stand trial with the rest of the Deep state. Just two days ago Trump even mentioned that there's nothing preventing him from going after Obama. He may not care about the people in the streets being murdered by the Black shirts/Brown shirts but it's clear he's going to crucify those who've spent the last 4 years attacking him. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

While that was a PATHETIC display of political theater ever (ON BOTH SIDES) I'm only slightly amazed that thus far not one of you realizes what just happened. 

 

For over a year now Biden has attempted to get people to believe he's suffering from a form of dementia. And done quite a good job of it. 

Then RBG is finally announced dead and low and behold Biden gives a speech without even the remotest sign of dementia. And last night he displayed a cognitive function showing full control of his mind FOR JUST OVER AN HOUR AND A HALF. 

 

You all think Trump lost but you fail to understand that Trump clearly wasn't even playing the game. As he always does Trump exposed to the country and the legal system that Biden has full command of his faculties and able to stand trial.

 

You think Trump is losing but you don't understand he's already has this locked up. 

 

Joe Biden will stand trial with the rest of the Deep state. Just two days ago Trump even mentioned that there's nothing preventing him from going after Obama. He may not care about the people in the streets being murdered by the Black shirts/Brown shirts but it's clear he's going to crucify those who've spent the last 4 years attacking him. 

 

And yet, you truly believe that.  It never even donned on you that intellectually honest folks never fell into the "Biden has dementia" trap that Trump was spewing over and over again....only his rabid followers believe that junk.  Now they're scratching their heads wondering what kind of drugs Biden must be on to cognitively perform so well.  I'm sure that will be a narrative Trump will rave about over and over....red meat for an impressionable base.  Trump embarrassed himself so badly, he's probably lashing out at his debate handlers as we speak.

 

GO RV, then BV

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, caddieman said:

Trump needed to make headway with suburban woman. Do you Really think he accomplished that, by not denouncing White supremacy. Or telling a White supremacy to “Stand By” He said nothing to the group of people he needs the most. As a matter of fact he probably scared the hell out of them. He knows he is losing so he trying to sow fear instead of addressing the concerns of middle Americans. It’s his downfall. He plays to his base and that’s all he does. This debate is the beginning of the end.

Boy are you as wrong as they were in 2016 when every week they kept putting the nail in his coffin. The black American vote will be double the 7 % he beat Hillarious with.  Same with the Latino vote. Trust me Trump ain't worried and he got to be President  by the same thing he did last night; not holding back. 

Forget about  landslide.  It's going to be a landslaughter for Trump. The enthusiasm for him is off the charts this go round while Biden when he comes out of his basement can't scrape 5 people together wherever he goes, Trump gets 35,000 easy to come see him.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, keylime said:

Boy are you as wrong as they were in 2016 when every week they kept putting the nail in his coffin. The black American vote will be double the 7 % he beat Hillarious with.  Same with the Latino vote. Trust me Trump ain't worried and he got to be President  by the same thing he did last night; not holding back. 

Forget about  landslide.  It's going to be a landslaughter for Trump. The enthusiasm for him is off the charts this go round while Biden when he comes out of his basement can't scrape 5 people together wherever he goes, Trump gets 35,000 easy to come see him.

Second Life Marketplace - Gesture - I'll Have What She's Having

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Johnny Dinar said:
In tonight’s presidential debate the President said the “Portland Sheriff” supports him. As the Multnomah County Sheriff I have never supported Donald Trump and will never support system" rel="">support him.


So are you saying Trump flat out lied? Who would have ever thought that?😂 On that note was there anything he said last night that wasn’t. This guy is a joke and it was on display for all America and the world to see. How embarrassing is he? The supposed leader of the free world. The commander and chief. How presidential was he last night. Petty, juvenile, mean, disrespectful, disregard for every rule(he agreed to) Unhinged. That’s the President of the USA. He is so scared of a real debate it’s sad. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.