Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

15 × 15 Developmental model

yota691

15 × 15 Developmental model

Author: Yasser Metwally

18/3/2018 12:00 am

I drew attention to an economic report on Turkey's experience in developing its capabilities and building a solid economy over a period of 15 years after being embroiled in economic crises and burdened with debt, but later became one of the world's strongest economies. 
Since 2002-2015, Turkey has moved from 117th in the world to 18th in the ranking of countries' economies. The annual per capita income rose from $ 3,300 to $ 10,800. 
The question is: How did Turkey achieve this growth and these mutations? The answer is that, as stated in the report, it abolished 6 zeros that filled the interfaces of its currency and its gross domestic product rose from 230 to 840 billion dollars and was able to repay all its debts to the International Monetary Fund in 2013, thus bringing the page 52 years of external borrowing.
The tourism industry, which has paid special attention to it, said it ranked as the sixth country in the world to attract tourists, with only 109 million people in Istanbul. 
In the field of transport, the number of internal airports, including 55 airports, one of them above sea level, as well as thousands of kilometers of rail lines and metro networks and the construction of bridges and tunnels in the bottom of the sea through which to connect the two continents of Asia in Europe. 
In the field of education compulsory education was imposed until the completion of general secondary school, while the number of universities to 186 universities, except for the tremendous development in the industry sector.
The bottom line is that the infrastructure projects have paid great attention to achieving an advantage for their rising output. The language of figures is important here to compare it to what has been achieved in Iraq after 15 years of change, but given the circumstances, challenges, size of the population and the size of the 
 two countries. 
This experience and other international and regional experiences are marketed to the necessity of using them to the extent that it achieves the growth of our economy and not necessarily the application of a replica, but we summarize its content, its implications and its results as long as we are about to rebuild the country and a future development revolution.
Now the starting points are available. The international movement towards Iraq is clear and we talked about it in previous columns, so what is required to take the time to reach advanced growth rates to catch up with global development? This question is before the experts of finance and economy, economic policy makers and decision-makers, hoping that the beginnings are based on the selection of projects capable of promoting the economy and growth of the country and the choice of income-generating, or otherwise can not wait for another 15 years.
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, yota691 said:

The answer is that, as stated in the report, it abolished 6 zeros that filled the interfaces of its currency and its gross domestic product rose from 230 to 840 billion dollars and was able to repay all its debts to the International Monetary Fund in 2013, thus bringing the page 52 years of external borrowing.

28 minutes ago, DWS112 said:

6?

Excellent notation, DWS112, AND The Best Of Your Tuesday To You!!! :tiphat:

This opinion piece may be a segue (transition) from what Turkey did highly successfully to implications Iraq will take to equal or exceed Turkey's success with regard to currency reform. To me, this is a strong indication more education of the Iraqi citizens is for the currency reform is forthcoming!!!

Hey, I'm all for the IQD deleting 6 zeros!!!

:o        :o        :o

:backflip:       :backflip:       :backflip:

Well, OK, I'll settle for the IQD deleting 3 zeros!!!

:twothumbs:   :twothumbs:   :twothumbs:

In The Mean Time....................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH, BABY!!!)!!!

:pirateship:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, GregHi said:

One huge difference is Turkey loped their currency correct?

You are absolutely correct, Greg, and we don’t want that. I’m surprised that  people here don’t realize that Turkey lopped their currency. It was everywhere on the Dinar  boards a few years back.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

Excellent notation, DWS112, AND The Best Of Your Tuesday To You!!! :tiphat:

This opinion piece may be a segue (transition) from what Turkey did highly successfully to implications Iraq will take to equal or exceed Turkey's success with regard to currency reform. To me, this is a strong indication more education of the Iraqi citizens is for the currency reform is forthcoming!!!

Hey, I'm all for the IQD deleting 6 zeros!!!

:o        :o        :o

:backflip:       :backflip:       :backflip:

Well, OK, I'll settle for the IQD deleting 3 zeros!!!

:twothumbs:   :twothumbs:   :twothumbs:

In The Mean Time....................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH, BABY!!!)!!!

I reckon a GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY :twothumbs: would be appropriate as well right about now, huh !

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

I reckon a GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY :twothumbs: would be appropriate as well right about now, huh !

Oh, YEAH, 10 Years Later, I'm all GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY :twothumbs: right about now!!! :tiphat:

Good to see You, Sir, back and at 'em and I trust You, Sir, are getting and feeling much better by the millisecond!!! :salute:

The Best Of Your Day To You, Sir!!! :twothumbs:

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 3

IMO, Turkey don't even have close the potential Iraq does in terms of GDP so if Turkey can go from 117th to 18th , Iraq can easily do that much better . Turkey did a redenomination w/o a revaluation . Iraq has been saying for years they're going to do a redenomination WITH  a revaluation .  Iraq has never said they were going to LOP like Turkey but have said several times they are going to return to having  a strong economy like their middle eastern neighbors . Iraq has always said their currency will increase a thousand times in value which is not a lop. The only question we all have is when. IMO , from all the news about them preparing to go international , I think sometime this year but it's Iraq we can only wait and see...

19 hours ago, yota691 said:

The answer is that, as stated in the report, it abolished 6 zeros that filled the interfaces of its currency and its gross domestic product rose from 230 to 840 billion dollars and was able to repay all its debts to the International Monetary Fund in 2013, thus bringing the page 52 years of external borrowing

Is this saying what i think it is? That if iraq abolished a few zeros of its currency its gross domestic products will rise a few hundred billion and be able to repay all its debt? And have money to burn??? And a higher credit rating and those taxes imposed to match their new rate of exchange???

Edited by Officiallytook

have read for years iraqs plan to roll out LD's (redenominate) especially in years past when Mohammed Seleh was shabibi's deputy governor  at the cbi now he is abadi's sidekick , back then they put out many articles about reducing note count and such, everything kinda switched gears when maliki was bent on robbing the reserves and let isis wreck the country question is why even waste time reducing the note count to only lop the currency, no one knows for sure the cbi's full intentions and to be honest no one should ... cheers