Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Nearly 3 years after Da'ish took the city... #Iraq's flag has been raised above #Mosul's government buildings

yota691

1 minute ago, tigergorzow said:

Syn, What is your take on Kuwait Visa Ban issue with Iraq & others,  Also, Your take on Sweden canceling all fights until further notice to Iraq effective 1 Feb 2017.  I posted the articles yesterday

My opinion only, restricted travel is being applied to prevent a nominal amount of miscreants to travel and implement corrupt behaviors. This restricted travel could be to prevent smuggling monies, documents, or other implements elsewhere. One thing to note, many countries use Swedish courts for resolution of issues between entities of different countries.  For example, China (and Chinese entities) has long used the Swedish courts to gain favorable rendering. There may be subversive entities seeking to travel to Sweden to start Swedish court proceedings to gain a favorable outcome. So, the Swedish travel ban is likely good news. Kuwait may also have known and unknown issues with Iraq and is taking the necessary steps. Hey, Kuwait had a revaluation type event! Did you see Kuwait is considering to supply possibly as much as 3 GW of electricity to Iraq in exchange for Iraqi gas? Wasn't Kuwait proclaimed as not having electricity and then BOOM - the KWD confidence was restored?

After 9/11, there was a lock down on air travel world wide. This may address the air travel (and other forms of travel) on a more focused basis. This, in my opinion, is reasonably very good news, indeed!

Just my opinion and :twocents:

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

US forces to partake in western Mosul invasion: Iraqi minister

February 02 2017 03:59 PM
Iraqi Defense Minister Erfan al-Hayali
Iraqi Defense Minister Erfan al-Hayali

US forces will join Iraqi government forces in their anticipated offensive against Islamic State extremists in western Mosul, the Defense Ministry said in a statement on Thursday.

Al-Hashd al-Shaabi (Popular Mobilization Units) and fighter jets from the U.S.-led international military coalition will partake in taking control over the western region, according to the statement.

Iraqi Defense Minister Erfan Mahmoud al-Hayali has received a phone call from the head of the United States Central Command, General Joseph L. Votel, which discussed coordination and joint cooperation between the Iraqi joint forces and the US troops backed by international air forces," read the statement.

It added that both sides agreed to set a definite date to begin military operations in the western side of Mosul after operations concluded at the eastern region. 

Votel stressed that U.S. troops would "continue to provide assistance to Iraqi forces through aerial support and engagement in difficult battles,' according to the ministry.

A U.S.-led international military coalition has been backing the Iraqi government in its three-month-old battle against Islamic State militants who took over Mosul in 2014. Operations managed to clear the eastern region from extremists on January 24th, and preparations are running to invade the west where the group still holds a majority of territory.

So far, the U.S. and other international troops have been playing an advisory and training role with Iraqi troops. They only engaged in fighting through air forces, though some instances of not- much- publicized ground engagement were reported over the past few months.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/5675/US-forces-to-partake-in-western-Mosul-invasion-Iraqi-minister

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

My opinion only, restricted travel is being applied to prevent a nominal amount of miscreants to travel and implement corrupt behaviors. This restricted travel could be to prevent smuggling monies, documents, or other implements elsewhere. One thing to note, many countries use Swedish courts for resolution of issues between entities of different countries.  For example, China (and Chinese entities) has long used the Swedish courts to gain favorable rendering. There may be subversive entities seeking to travel to Sweden to start Swedish court proceedings to gain a favorable outcome. So, the Swedish travel ban is likely good news. Kuwait may also have known and unknown issues with Iraq and is taking the necessary steps. Hey, Kuwait had a revaluation type event! Did you see Kuwait is considering to supply possibly as much as 3 GW of electricity to Iraq in exchange for Iraqi gas? Wasn't Kuwait proclaimed as not having electricity and then BOOM - the KWD confidence was restored?

After 9/11, there was a lock down on air travel world wide. This may address the air travel (and other forms of travel) on a more focused basis. This, in my opinion, is reasonably very good news, indeed!

Go Moola Nova!

Syn, Excellent Assessment and Thanks A Million My Friend...:D,  Also, Yes I do believe the Kuwait /  Iraq relationship is "HUGE" in all areas and positive progress is moving daily!!  We are in a very good "POSITION" right now in regards to all the good things happening in Iraq and it is only going to get better for Iraqis & The World.

Again Truly Appreciate Your Excellent Input On Many Many Articles.

• Upvote 5

23 ISIS terrorists killed in airstrike on Ramadi

"Kill Them All Over Iraq"

February 02 2017 02:54 PM
blast
blast

Up to 23 ISIS terrorists were killed in air strike carried out by US-led international coalition warplanes on western Ramadi , the commander of Al Jazeera Military Operations  said on Thursday.

The US-led coalition air jets targeted ISIS sites near al-Mustafa mosque at Anah western district of Ramadi, the source added.

Unknown number of ISIS terrorists were also injured in the air strike.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/5670/23-ISIS-terrorists-killed-in-airstrike-on-Ramadi

• Upvote 2

Just now, tigergorzow said:

Syn, Excellent Assessment and Thanks A Million My Friend...:D,  Also, Yes I do believe the Kuwait /  Iraq relationship is "HUGE" in all areas and positive progress is moving daily!!  We are in a very good "POSITION" right now in regards to all the good things happening in Iraq and it is only going to get better for Iraqis & The World.

Again Truly Appreciate Your Excellent Input On Many Many Articles.

:twothumbs: TigerGorZow! Glad to provide input. I suspect this is highly indicative we are in an extremely good "POSITION" right now. I strongly believe the Iranian rats will get run out of Iraq extremely soon since I can not imagine Iraq being a Sovereign Nation and having foreign (Non Coalition) troops or Militias in Iraq. The instilled sectarian violence would not promote a foreign investment ready country and the subsequent needed help to rebuilt. For goods and services needed to rebuilt Iraq (I could be wrong here), Iraq needs to be a full member of the WTO and have an internationally traded (and valued) currency. If Iraq does not get on the trajectory of a solid internationally secure investment environment after ISIS is effectively dealt with, then the revaluation could be some time out - maybe into the 2020s since the infused sectarian conflicts could very likely explode. I don't think that is going to happen under President Donald Trump's watch.

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 3

IMO, there will be a brief, intense battle in western Mosul.  As soon as the good guys gain a foothold, and then proceed to advance, I am SURE that the rats will run.  Their entire book of tactics has been based on cowardly attacks on the defenseless and brainwashed suicide bombers.  At the moment they see that their cause is lost, THEY WILL RUN OR SURRENDER.

The fact that they cannot see how hopeless their situation is right now is only temporary.  Knowing that their dead bodies will have their faces chewed off by street dogs just adds to the pressure.  

We all have a distinct sense of self preservation.  Cowards have an even stronger version.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, fnbplanet said:

IMO, there will be a brief, intense battle in western Mosul.  As soon as the good guys gain a foothold, and then proceed to advance, I am SURE that the rats will run.  Their entire book of tactics has been based on cowardly attacks on the defenseless and brainwashed suicide bombers.  At the moment they see that their cause is lost, THEY WILL RUN OR SURRENDER.

fnbplanet,  Thanks,  Excellent points and in full agreement!!

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, tigergorzow said:

Syn, What is your take on Kuwait Visa Ban issue with Iraq & others,  Also, Your take on Sweden canceling all fights until further notice to Iraq effective 1 Feb 2017.  I posted the articles yesterday

31 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Not meaning to jump in on other folk's conversation, but do either of you see a possible deal worked out by the US Administration and the Kuwaitis to ensure that the Kuwaitis aren't put on the Travel Restriction list? It wouldn't surprise me and I think that we may see similar "restrictions" being implemented by Jordan and Saudi Arabia. My :twocents:

Edited by 429
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 429 said:

Not meaning to jump in on other folk's conversation, but do either of you see a possible deal worked out by the US Administration and the Kuwaitis to ensure that the Kuwaitis aren't put on the Travel Restriction list? It wouldn't surprise me and I think that we may see similar "restrictions" being implemented b6y Jordan and Saudi Arabia. My :twocents:

I think that is a very good point, 429! I suspect, though, there is the "behind the scenes" agreements and the "out in the open" crazy stuff to be a distraction. What I think is really good news is the UN territorial demarcation between Kuwait and Iraq very recently agreed by Iraq even though there are naysayers in Iraq. I take the Kuwaiti travel ban could be an indication that there are remaining solid agreements between Iraq and Kuwait to further lift sanctions against Iraq even though there is a Kuwaiti visa restriction. There could be subversives in Kuwait to undermine these out in the open and behind the scenes agreements. All in all, I take these visa and travel restrictions as good news.

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 429 said:

Not meaning to jump in on other folk's conversation, but do either of you see a possible deal worked out by the US Administration and the Kuwaitis to ensure that the Kuwaitis aren't put on the Travel Restriction list? It wouldn't surprise me and I think that we may see similar "restrictions" being implemented b6y Jordan and Saudi Arabia. My :twocents:

429,  I do not see Kuwait, Saudi or Jordan being added to the lists at least not at this point IMHO.  However, I do believe that Kuwait has very good reason and the GOI is read in on that BAN.    Everyone is stating "Security & Terrorist" as the reason for the "BAN" and ISIS possibly returning back to their home country due to the "Liberation Of Mosul" in near.   We will see in the near future and I am keeping hope alive!!!

• Upvote 2

Iraq faces massive challenge in Mosul offensive - UN envoy

February 02 2017 09:10 PM

Iraqi forces face a massive challenge as they press on to retake western Mosul, but the days of the ISIS group are numbered, a UN envoy said Thursday.

Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi declared on January 24 that his forces had retaken east Mosul and the battle was now moving to the other side of the Tigris River, AFP reported.

"This steady progress should not conceal that fighting has been and will be a massive challenge, in particular inside the old city in western Mosul," UN envoy Jan Kubis told the Security Council.

"Yet in the rather short foreseeable future, the liberation operations in Iraq are coming to an end - the days of the so-called ISIL are counted."

Iraq launched an offensive in October to drive out IS fighters who seized Mosul in 2014.

Kubis voiced concern over the "extremely high percentage" of civilian casualties, adding there was "clear evidence" from gunshot wounds that civilians were being targeted by IS combatants.

The envoy added that civilians will be at "extreme risk" when the fighting starts in the western sections of Mosul.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, tigergorzow said:

429,  I do not see Kuwait, Saudi or Jordan being added to the lists at least not at this point IMHO.  However, I do believe that Kuwait has very good reason and the GOI is read in on that BAN.    Everyone is stating "Security & Terrorist" as the reason for the "BAN" and ISIS possibly returning back to their home country due to the "Liberation Of Mosul" in near.   We will see in the near future and I am keeping hope alive!!!

Tiger and Synopsis, thatks for your replies.

Tiger, I agree with you that I don't see Kuwait, S.A. or Jordan being added to the travel restrictions to the US, but I see this as the US and Kuwait working behind the scenes to help keep folks from traveling through Kuwait to get to the US. That was my point. Thanks again.

• Upvote 2

Just now, 429 said:

Tiger and Synopsis, thatks for your replies.

Tiger, I agree with you that I don't see Kuwait, S.A. or Jordan being added to the travel restrictions to the US, but I see this as the US and Kuwait working behind the scenes to help keep folks from traveling through Kuwait to get to the US. That was my point. Thanks again.

429,  Agree...:D

• Upvote 2

IS Cuts off Hands of Two Children in Mosul

"This Is Why ISIS Deserve No Mercy,  Kill Them All & Eradicate the Entire Group & Every Thought Of Their Existence"

The children refused to receive military drills ("Nothing But Courage & Bravery") 

• 02 February 2017

IS Cuts off Hands of Two Children in Mosul

ERBIL — Militants from the Islamic State (IS) organization cut off the hands of two children in western Mosul for defying an order by the extremist organization, the Iraqi media reported.

According to the news published on Thursday, the children received the punishment in front of their families, after they refused to participate in military training for countering the Iraqi forces.

Due to a sharp decline in its manpower, the IS is forcing  more and more children to the battlefields.

The IS grip on its capital city in Iraq, Mosul, is getting loose because  since October 17, 2016  every day some new areas are being liberated from IS and now the Iraqi forces have fully gained control over the eastern side of the city.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/iraq/327932

• Upvote 3

IS Third Senior Official Killed near Tel Afar

Shi'ite forces also took control over some areas near Tel Afar

02 February 2017

IS Third Senior Official Killed near Tel Afar

ERBIL — Third top official of the Islamic State (IS) organization, Abubakir al-Khatuni, was killed on Thursday in the Iraqi forces' bombardments near the town of Tel Afar, west of Mosul.

Iraqi media cited Hezbollah Brigades of Shi'ite Popular Mobilization Forces (Hashd Militias) saying the IS official was killed in an operation conducted by the Hezbollah Brigades and  the rest of Hashd militias.

According to the reports, Khatuni was one of the "most dangerous" Wahhabis, who was killed after the Shi'ite forces received "subtle" intelligence information about his location.

Shi'ite forces, as the reports indicate, also took control over some adjacent areas of Tel Afar, including Ain Talawi which has been a stronghold for the armed group who conducted successive attacks on the neighboring areas.

• Upvote 2

" Lord God I pray that you will pour out your full fury and wrath upon all those that would do wrong to those little ones. I pray that you will bring the evil ones to the most agonizing and painful end that a human being can have. And I pray that you will show mercy and love to these little ones by any means possible". AMEN:praying:

• Upvote 10

Hashd Al-Shaabi Detains Men Fleeing Mosul: HRW

The militiamen detain the males ages 15 and up in unidentified whereabouts

•  

02 February 2017

Hashd Al-Shaabi Detains Men Fleeing Mosul: HRW 

ERBIL — The Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF), also known as Hashd al-Shaabi, are reportedly carrying out unauthorized screenings of males ages 15 and up for possible involvement with the Islamic State (IS). The screenings are leading to detentions, without providing further information about the whereabouts or the state of the detainees, according to the Human Rights Watch (HRW) report.

“In case after case, relatives are telling us that their male family members are being stopped by PMF militiamen and disappearing,” said Lama Fakih, deputy Middle East director at HRW.

“While we cannot know exactly what has happened to the men detained, the lack of transparency, particularly for their families as to their whereabouts, is cause for real concern," added Fakih.

According to the HRW, the PMF do not have an official mandate or the necessary training to carry out screenings. This fact, in conjunction with lack of information about the location of the detainees heightens the risk of possible abuse and torture.

“The authorities should ensure that detainees’ families know where they are and publicly issue information about the number of people detained as part of the operation to retake Mosul from ISIS,” stated the HRW report.

“It is crucial for the authorities to take all measures to ensure that their whereabouts are known and the scale of detention is documented,” added Fakih.

Moreover, the detentions are taking place even after the men have been cleared by the official screenings by the Iraqi authorities.

“Some men appear to be vanishing into the night even after official screenings by Iraqi security forces confirmed they were not on their wanted lists” Fakih said.

It is of utmost importance for the Iraqi authorities to monitor and control the groups that are operating in its territory, so that illegal detentions do not take place in the future, asserted the HRW.

“Iraqi authorities should only allow bodies with a screening mandate to screen people and ensure that anyone detained is held in a recognized detention center accessible to independent monitors and granted their due process rights enshrined in international and Iraqi law. All detention should be based on clear domestic law, and every detainee should be brought promptly before a judge to review the legality of their detention. Iraqi law requires that authorities bring detainees before an investigative judge within 48 hours of their detention,” according the HRW.

Hashd al-Shaabi is a Shi'ite militia force which was formed in order to fight the IS. It is sponsored by the state of Iraq and includes within in about 40 militia groups.

Hashd al-Shaabi militiamen have been repeatedly reported by many human rights monitoring organizations including Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International for the evident war crimes they have committed against Sunni civilians in different areas in Iraq particularly in Falluja and Mosul.

The militia group is participating in Mosul offensive in the west of the city despite frequent calls of Nineveh officials for their exclusion from the operation.

• Upvote 1

US admits 199 unintentional civilian deaths in Syria, Iraq

February 02 2017 08:15 PM
Pentagon
Pentagon

Eleven civilians died in US-led coalition air strikes against ISIS terrorist group late last year, officials said Thursday .

The acknowledgement brings to 199 the total minimum number of unintentional deaths from the campaign that started in the fall of 2014, though critics say the real number is far higher .

A statement from the coalition said investigators had probed a series of reports alleging civilian deaths from air strikes.

Seven of these reports were deemed non-credible, while four others, dating from October to December, were credible .

In one incident, seven civilians were killed in a December 7 strike on an ISIS compound near the group's Syrian stronghold Raqa .

"Although the coalition makes extraordinary efforts to strike military targets in a manner that minimizes the risk of civilian casualties, in some cases casualties are unavoidable," the coalition statement read .

A December 9 strike saw two civilians killed near Mosul in Iraq.

Though the coalition did not provide details, unintentional deaths sometimes occur when a civilian enters a bomb's zone of destruction after that munition has been released from a plane or drone circling high overhead.

It can take about 30 seconds for a bomb to reach its target.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/5681/US-admits-199-unintentional-civilian-deaths-in-Syria-Iraq

• Upvote 1

Barzani Charity Foundation Delivers Winter Supplies to Thousands of IDPs

03 February 2017

Barzani Charity Foundation Delivers Winter Supplies to Thousands of IDPs

SULAYMANIYAH — Barzani Charity Foundation (BCF) on Thursday distributed winter supplies among thousands of internally displaced people (IDP) settled in Kurdistan Region.

“In cooperation with the Kuwaiti government, the BCF on February 2nd delivered blankets and kerosene heaters to 3,816 IDP families in Ashti 1, Ashti 2, Arbet, Taza-de and Barzanja camps across Erbil province,” said Soran Khalaf, the Head of BCF’s Sulaymaniyah office.

A day earlier, the Kurdish charity organization delivered similar items to 3,500 IDP families in Kirkuk province as part of the foundation’s campaign to help the people cope with the cold winter striking the region.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/kurdistan/327957

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, tigergorzow said:

23 ISIS terrorists killed in airstrike on Ramadi

"Kill Them All Over Iraq"

February 02 2017 02:54 PM
blast
blast

Up to 23 ISIS terrorists were killed in air strike carried out by US-led international coalition warplanes on western Ramadi , the commander of Al Jazeera Military Operations  said on Thursday.

The US-led coalition air jets targeted ISIS sites near al-Mustafa mosque at Anah western district of Ramadi, the source added.

Unknown number of ISIS terrorists were also injured in the air strike.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/5670/23-ISIS-terrorists-killed-in-airstrike-on-Ramadi

NOW THIS is the kinda stuff I like to read in the evening whilst sippin' my Scotch . . . Scotch, does a body good. :bravo:

• Upvote 1

Video; fill all "Daesh" outlets and the completion of the third phase for the Liberation of Mosul plans

Friday, February 3, 2017 - 10:31 GMT

00:07

02:1

Mosul (world) 3/2/2017 popular crowd forces launched the second phase of securing supply routes south-west of the city of Mosul western desert province of Nineveh operations and the crowd was popular had announced earlier in the closure of all supply routes terrorists in western Mosul areas. With the leadership of the Iraqi forces announced the completion of all plans for the third phase of the liberalization process of the right side in the city of Mosul

• Upvote 3

Federal police chief: our troops completed their readiness for battle of the west side of the connector
Federal police chief: our troops completed their readiness for battle of the west side of the connector

Roudao - Arbil , 

Iraqi federal police captain Raed Jawdat said his forces had completed their preparations southern Mosul , in preparation for the battle of the west side of the city, stressing that the organization "Daesh" lost control of the elements such as the start of the battle. 

Jawdat said in a statement issued by Friday, " The pieces of the federal police (Ministry of Interior), stationed south of Mosul completely ready, and the enemy is losing control of its elements", without referring to the data that matter. 

And threw Iraqi aircraft, on Thursday evening, leaflets on the western half of Mosul , north of the country includes instructions and tips for the population during the expected attack of Iraqi forces to complete the liberation of the entire city from the grip of the "Daesh." 

Said Lieutenant Hamid al - Khafaji , an Iraqi army in a press statement, it is expected to start the battle of the west side of the connector from the 5 axes to disperse power Daesh terrorist organization, without specifying when. 

Khafaji said that " in addition to the four operational hubs scheduled start of military operations towards the second half of the city of Mosul, will attend the popular crowd also in the same time to move towards the center of Tal Afar (65 km)." 

He explained that "all axes are ready for the start of military operations, everyone is awaiting orders from the commander of the armed forces , Haider al - Abadi to start a military operation." 

In the same vein, Iraqi security forces began on Friday, search and inspection campaign on suspected members of the organization Daesh in the liberated neighborhoods east of the city of Mosul, according to an Iraqi military source. 

Lieutenant Colonel in the Iraqi army , Abdul Salam al - Jubouri, " The forces of the Joint Operations ( a subsidiary of defense) and the security forces began search and check on suspected members of the terrorist organization Daesh in the liberated neighborhoods east of the city of Mosul a campaign." 

He added, " The campaign included the farmer alive, friend, sugar, humpback and municipalities, in the left - hand side (east) of the city, it is hoped to expand the campaign to other neighborhoods in the coming days." 

According to al - Jubouri, " has been arrested a number of suspects whom, after receiving prior information about the involvement of belonging to extremist organization, as well as seeking the views of local people from the people of the same areas." 

Jubouri and refused to reveal the number of the arrested, saying only , "They're in the dozens." 

Iraqi army halted its military operations in Mosul on January 24 last after the liberation of the eastern side of the city.

• Upvote 4

IS Hunter, Commander Kovli, Dies at 46

He passed away of a stroke 

03 February 2017

IS Hunter, Commander Kovli, Dies at 46

DUHOK — Commander of Kurdish counter-terrorism forces in Duhok province of Kurdistan Region, Wahid Kovli, died of a stroke early morning on Friday.

Kovli, 46, was known as a brave commander who fought the Islamic State (IS) non-stop during the past few years. He was mostly known for fighting at the forefront of the battles from which he sustained injuries several times.

Kovli's two other brothers also lost their lives while fighting the IS, Kurdistan24 says. He has left three children and his wife behind.

Since his death, his pictures on the front lines are going viral on social media with Kurds mourning his death. He was dubbed as an IS hunter as he killed many terrorists in the past two years around Mosul.

• Upvote 3

ISIS cancels Friday's prayers in Tal Afar city

February 03 2017 02:31 PM
ISIS Terrorist Group
ISIS Terrorist Group

ISIS terrorist group canceled Friday's prayers in Tal Afar city after a sound bomb exploded inside a mosque west of Mosul in Nineveh governorate, a local source said.

The terrorist group deployed its militants in the area especially at the main crossroads after the explosion.

The incident asserts that there is a resistance inside the city controlled by the terrorist group, the source said.

The battle for Mosul is the biggest ground operation in Iraq since the 2003 US-led invasion. A victory by the 100,000-strong US-backed pro-government force would probably spell the end for ISIS self-styled caliphate that has ruled over millions of people in Iraq and Syria since 2014.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/5699/ISIS-cancels-Friday-s-prayers-in-Tal-Afar-city

• Upvote 2

• yota691 locked and unlocked this topic
  • yota691 locked this topic