Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New denominations would indicate pending RV??

zantac

Just a thought would it not be a sure fire indication of pending RV/RI when the new or smaller denominations go in to circulation??

If Iraq RV`s now without the small notes then the currency situation would just not work.

So my opinion is, new smaller notes go in to circulation, and then RV, makes sense.

Has anyone taken this in to consideration?

Would appreciate any feedback on this whether I am right or wrong.

Many thanks for your replies in advance

:D

• Upvote 3

Just a thought would it not be a sure fire indication of pending RV/RI when the new or smaller denominations go in to circulation??

If Iraq RV`s now without the small notes then the currency situation would just not work.

So my opinion is, new smaller notes go in to circulation, and then RV, makes sense.

Has anyone taken this in to consideration?

Would appreciate any feedback on this whether I am right or wrong.

Many thanks for your replies in advance

:D

Thanks for your opinion Zantac - it is a good one...! Several others have postulated this detail - Medic & Enorrste, (and possibly Frank) - at varying times in their posts or chats. It is one indicator that it has, or is about to, occur.....! As far as I can remember...!

RON B)

Thanks for your opinion Zantac - it is a good one...! Several others have postulated this detail - Medic & Enorrste, (and possibly Frank) - at varying times in their posts or chats. It is one indicator that it has, or is about to, occur.....! As far as I can remember...!

RON B)

There several posts on DV regarding the fact small denoms have been in circulation for quite some time. Even as far back as the release of the new Iraqi currency. I cannot remember the posts but surely such are listed under small denoms, denoms and lops

There several posts on DV regarding the fact small denoms have been in circulation for quite some time. Even as far back as the release of the new Iraqi currency. I cannot remember the posts but surely such are listed under small denoms, denoms and lops

Hey Jac,

I am so confused.......blink.gif In an earlier article it appeared to me as if the small coins are still in circulation but people stopped using them. IMO They are just not using them becouse of the low purchasing power. There are uncirculated coins listed on the CBI website and if there were other ones than why not list them as well? IMO How can they use there old coins if they have no value at this time so when they get this all in order, however they do it, people will just start using them again. This is a clip from the article

He said, adding that "the currency of (25-50 - and 100) dinars, which were traded in 2003 السقوط 2003, and despite the high rate of inflation during the period of the previous regime in the fall I think a lot that small change and coins will return to the circulation because of the low level of inflation and have been really small coin But it soon disappeared from the local market because of the high prices of goods and reduced purchasing power of the Iraqi dinar.

Another part:

Trader says in Shorja Jabbar Jawad shop owner (gardens) at the age of 56 Years old when he was displays of ceramic products, glass and Ilmaha in the early morning I asked him: how Haji said inadvertently contained a day dinars, and if he put me in astonishment What do you mean forty dinars Did you mean 40 000.

said I believe that the dinar in the old currency, particularly mineral pool to hold them when we feel that we are well versed in good physical condition (. Although I carry the little ones and I hope that our currency returns the old (five Owlos, dirham and the dinar) and other other items.

Am I way off base?? HELP ME!!!! or it's back to head banging...

Thanks!!!unsure.gif

Read more: http://dinarvets.com...7#ixzz0q7vyYI7e

While this is surely true, I don't think that we're all the sudden going to see these smaller denominations show up at the corner market or taco stand in Iraq. I believe the banks already have them but they won't be in general circulation until AFTER the RV announcement quite honestly because they won't be needed until then.

• Upvote 2

While this is surely true, I don't think that we're all the sudden going to see these smaller denominations show up at the corner market or taco stand in Iraq. I believe the banks already have them but they won't be in general circulation until AFTER the RV announcement quite honestly because they won't be needed until then.

Yes I agree it could work out this way.

Hey Jac,

I am so confused.......blink.gif In an earlier article it appeared to me as if the small coins are still in circulation but people stopped using them. IMO They are just not using them becouse of the low purchasing power. There are uncirculated coins listed on the CBI website and if there were other ones than why not list them as well? IMO How can they use there old coins if they have no value at this time so when they get this all in order, however they do it, people will just start using them again. This is a clip from the article

He said, adding that "the currency of (25-50 - and 100) dinars, which were traded in 2003 السقوط 2003, and despite the high rate of inflation during the period of the previous regime in the fall I think a lot that small change and coins will return to the circulation because of the low level of inflation and have been really small coin But it soon disappeared from the local market because of the high prices of goods and reduced purchasing power of the Iraqi dinar.

Another part:

Trader says in Shorja Jabbar Jawad shop owner (gardens) at the age of 56 Years old when he was displays of ceramic products, glass and Ilmaha in the early morning I asked him: how Haji said inadvertently contained a day dinars, and if he put me in astonishment What do you mean forty dinars Did you mean 40 000.

said I believe that the dinar in the old currency, particularly mineral pool to hold them when we feel that we are well versed in good physical condition (. Although I carry the little ones and I hope that our currency returns the old (five Owlos, dirham and the dinar) and other other items.

Am I way off base?? HELP ME!!!! or it's back to head banging...

Thanks!!!unsure.gif

Read more: http://dinarvets.com...7#ixzz0q7vyYI7e

I have studied articles and rumours from Iraq for eight months. IMO nothing fits, nothing at all. If I were a risk taker I would blatently say Iraq has no control over any of the news and, not even when Dinar will RV. Further I might say that all news coming out of Iraq IMO is a smokescreen for what purpose time will tell.

Yoi are right about the coins and according to what I know for certain small denoms are being used in Iraq. It seems

even our "'boots on the ground' at bases are misnformed as to what they hear. The only thing we know for certain is that the some Dinar Dealers in the USA are conractors for US Department of State. I could be wrong but IMO the only sectors (people) that know when the Dinar will RV are the IMF, World Bank and US Treasury. With the news that Shabbi puts out it is apparent that even he is just speculating.

Do you sometimes feel like a puppet on the World Stage being controlled by a Master Puppeteer? Well my friend Iraq does not have a mastermind that could pull off this media blitz that has resulted in absolute confusion fof those with thinking minds.

Anyone know Donald Trump? I bet he could shed some light on all of this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Adam has also said his CBI contact was saying that the bank already has the smaller denoms. IMO they have to have these smaller denoms to give change and conduct daily business. If we see the smaller denoms we have a RV.

Could someone show me a link or perhaps Adam himself could confirm?

My question is what are they qualifying as small denominations? Currently the 25 & 100 dinar coins are "small" but post-RV they would need MUCH smaller (0.01, 0.05, 0.10, 0.25, etc). I cannot find anyone who can confirm their minting or their distribution. If they were already sitting around in banks nationwide then I have to believe someone would have heard about it. If were already minted but not yet distributed then that seems to indicate the RV is still a few days away. If they've neither been minted nor distributed then an RV cannot be imminent.

Anyone got facts, links, articles, etc on this issue? The one posted by Carla is hard to interpret clearly and only seems to the larger coins currently listed on the CBI's website.

Thanks!

Could someone show me a link or perhaps Adam himself could confirm?

My question is what are they qualifying as small denominations? Currently the 25 & 100 dinar coins are "small" but post-RV they would need MUCH smaller (0.01, 0.05, 0.10, 0.25, etc). I cannot find anyone who can confirm their minting or their distribution. If they were already sitting around in banks nationwide then I have to believe someone would have heard about it. If were already minted but not yet distributed then that seems to indicate the RV is still a few days away. If they've neither been minted nor distributed then an RV cannot be imminent.

Anyone got facts, links, articles, etc on this issue? The one posted by Carla is hard to interpret clearly and only seems to the larger coins currently listed on the CBI's website.

Thanks!

The new small notes ARE the RV...if a Dinar is going to equal a dollar, then the 25,000 dinar note will be the new 25 dinar note etc etc etc etc....

The distribution is supposedly in effect right now (sorry can't confirm) but it is subtle...go into the market or a bank, and the trade happens...it isn't

being force fed...If you ever go to the region, you notice immediately that change isn't readily accepted....everything moves at a snail's pace.

I'm not certain what you actually expect the RV to be....but it is just a redenomination of the currency to make it more on par with other global currencies...mainly the dollar of course....

It will not create a sudden or even gradual appreciation in the value of the dinar....

• Downvote 6

The new small notes ARE the RV...if a Dinar is going to equal a dollar, then the 25,000 dinar note will be the new 25 dinar note etc etc etc etc....

The distribution is supposedly in effect right now (sorry can't confirm) but it is subtle...go into the market or a bank, and the trade happens...it isn't

being force fed...If you ever go to the region, you notice immediately that change isn't readily accepted....everything moves at a snail's pace.

I'm not certain what you actually expect the RV to be....but it is just a redenomination of the currency to make it more on par with other global currencies...mainly the dollar of course....

It will not create a sudden or even gradual appreciation in the value of the dinar....

A 25000 dinar note will not be the new 25 dinar note.

They already have a 25 dinar coin - wouldn't that be a bit confusing.

They have coins called fils that so many fils equal a dinar. Those could or will possibly be their smaller coins.

If they don't have some smaller dinar notes already printed - then possibly the 25, 50, and 100 dinar coins,

along with the fils coins will work just fine when they RV.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Iraqi_dinar

CoinsCoins were introduced in 1931 and 1932 in denominations of 1, 2, 4, 10, 20, 50 and 200 fils, with the 200 fils known as a rial.

The 20, 50 and 200 fils were minted in silver. In 1953, silver 100 fils coins were introduced.

Following the establishment of the Iraqi Republic, a new series of coins was introduced in denominations of 1, 5, 10, 25, 50 and 100 fils,

with the 25, 50 and 100 fils in silver until 1969. In 1970, 250 fils pieces were introduced,

followed by 500 fils and 1 dinar coins in 1982. Coin production ceased after 1990.

In 2004, new 25, 50, and 100 dinars coins were introduced. However, these coins proved to be unpopular & were withdrawn from circulation.

Thanks for the post.

In 2004, new 25, 50, and 100 dinars coins were introduced. However, these coins proved to be unpopular & were withdrawn from circulation.

Thanks for the post.

The 25, 50 and 100 dinar coins were probably found unpopular because of their values

25 dinar today = .0215 USD - 50 dinar = .043 USD - 100 dinar = .086 USD -

I can't imagine the minimal value of the fils coins today.

But it is possible they are still around just not being circulated - and could be re-circulated at the time of the RV.

IMHO

A 25000 dinar note will not be the new 25 dinar note.

They already have a 25 dinar coin - wouldn't that be a bit confusing.

They have coins called fils that so many fils equal a dinar. Those could or will possibly be their smaller coins.

If they don't have some smaller dinar notes already printed - then possibly the 25, 50, and 100 dinar coins,

along with the fils coins will work just fine when they RV.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Iraqi_dinar

CoinsCoins were introduced in 1931 and 1932 in denominations of 1, 2, 4, 10, 20, 50 and 200 fils, with the 200 fils known as a rial.

The 20, 50 and 200 fils were minted in silver. In 1953, silver 100 fils coins were introduced.

Following the establishment of the Iraqi Republic, a new series of coins was introduced in denominations of 1, 5, 10, 25, 50 and 100 fils,

with the 25, 50 and 100 fils in silver until 1969. In 1970, 250 fils pieces were introduced,

followed by 500 fils and 1 dinar coins in 1982. Coin production ceased after 1990.

Thanks for the post.

Well this is a verbatim notice of the memo sent from the Iraqui Central Bank...and it said nothing about coins....the memo said as follows:

The Iraqi Dinar is the currency of Iraq. The currency code for Dinars is IQD, and the currency symbol is د.ع . Below, you'll find Iraqi Dinar rates, a currency converter, Iraqi Dinar News and more. You can also subscribe to our currency newsletters with daily rates and analysis, or take IQD rates on the go with our XE Mobile apps for your iPhone, BlackBerry, or even your regular phone.

The Central Bank of Iraq has announced their plans to redenominate the Iraqi Dinar to ease cash transactions. By the end of 2010, they intend to drop three zeros from the nominal value of bank notes. It should be noted that the actual value of the dinar will remain unchanged. That means that 1,000 IQD (pre-redenomination) and 1 dinar (post-redenomination) will both be worth the same amount in US Dollars. As stated by the Central Bank of Iraq, their mandate is to "ensure domestic price stability and foster a stable competitive market based financial system." For more information about the redenomination, read "Iraq plans to slice three zeros off currency notes."

My guess is you are selling notes to the unsuspecting dinar buyers??? It really is inconsequential to me as our bank does not and will not be recognizing the Dinar anytime in the near future...Sorry.

I do however genuinely appreciate your information regarding the acceptance of coins 6 long years ago...Very informative.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Well this is a verbatim notice of the memo sent from the Iraqui Central Bank...and it said nothing about coins....the memo said as follows:

The Iraqi Dinar is the currency of Iraq. The currency code for Dinars is IQD, and the currency symbol is د.ع . Below, you'll find Iraqi Dinar rates, a currency converter, Iraqi Dinar News and more. You can also subscribe to our currency newsletters with daily rates and analysis, or take IQD rates on the go with our XE Mobile apps for your iPhone, BlackBerry, or even your regular phone.

The Central Bank of Iraq has announced their plans to redenominate the Iraqi Dinar to ease cash transactions. By the end of 2010, they intend to drop three zeros from the nominal value of bank notes. It should be noted that the actual value of the dinar will remain unchanged. That means that 1,000 IQD (pre-redenomination) and 1 dinar (post-redenomination) will both be worth the same amount in US Dollars. As stated by the Central Bank of Iraq, their mandate is to "ensure domestic price stability and foster a stable competitive market based financial system." For more information about the redenomination, read "Iraq plans to slice three zeros off currency notes."

My guess is you are selling notes to the unsuspecting dinar buyers??? It really is inconsequential to me as our bank does not and will not be recognizing the Dinar anytime in the near future...Sorry.

I do however genuinely appreciate your information regarding the acceptance of coins 6 long years ago...Very informative.

There has never been any news reported that any of iraq coins are invalid or illegal - can you show me something that says they are not valid ?

What you are referencing above is known as an LOP -

this would be no gain what-so-ever to Iraq -

and if it was to happen, the way you are saying, then they would just leave things as they are.

It doesn't sound as though you have invested in the dinar - why are you here ?

Sorry ! I can't even say thanks for your post.

It is implausible that the redenomination (and the distribution of the new lower denominations begun) would not be preceded by an RV/RI. Since the GOI has previously set a public goal of completion of the redenomination process by the end of 2010, and because we know that they have a logistic allowance of six months to accomplish it, then the RV/RI should fall prior to the end of June. The new denominations should already be in place in the banking system and we should begin to see them in general circulation any time now.

Adam has also said his CBI contact was saying that the bank already has the smaller denoms. IMO they have to have these smaller denoms to give change and conduct daily business. If we see the smaller denoms we have a RV.

I would find it hard to believe that there were smaller denomination dinar bills at banks with out it leaking out to the public

• Upvote 1

Wonder how other countries who have RVed handled this? Anyone know?

I was a silver buyer in Mexico (late 90s) when they lop ed 3 zeros from the peso a 10,000 bill became a 10 bill the, bills are the same but one with 3 less zeros (the new peso) the 2 bill are worth the same as the banks pulled the old peso

Well I'll see what I can find out, I just emailed the manager of the North Bank here which is the second largest privately owned bank in Iraq and see what he can tell me, once I have that information I will share it with all as I have his business card and his personal email address. Maybe we can clear some of this confusion up and see exactly what is going on, because what I'm hearing here is nonsense. I'll get as much clarification as I can.

V

• Upvote 2

I was a silver buyer in Mexico (late 90s) when they lop ed 3 zeros from the peso a 10,000 bill became a 10 bill the, bills are the same but one with 3 less zeros (the new peso) the 2 bill are worth the same as the banks pulled the old peso

According to financial experts, the reason a country lops zeros from their currency without a RV is due to HYPERinflation.....Iraq has about as low an inflation rate as any country could get....so it would be counterproductive to lop zeros off of their currency to control inflation.

Do Iraqis have taco stands????LOL just kidding!!!! :lol:

Hold on folks i only asked a question.

If the new denoms were put in to circulation would that not point to iminent RV?

I didnt want it to go down the dreaded LOP avenue :o

IMO...No, new denoms could also mean a redenomination without an RV....for the RV to take place, salaries and prices have to be adjusted first. They would also have to deal with loan documents otherwise you would be stuck paying millions of dinars more than the original loan amount. You couldn't have people at thier current salary as they would be way over paid....a very very small adjustment in the value could be absorbed...anything larger and everything with a price or payment would need to be adjusted and all of this would have to happen with a very specific coordinated effort.