Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Official DV 2016 run for President of the United States Poll

Official DV 2016 POTUS Poll ( Please vote once for each Party )  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Democratic Party

• None ( If you vote for another party )
    • Hil lary Clinton
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Martin O'Malley ***Suspended Campaign*** 2-1-2016
    • Lincoln Chafee ***Suspended Campaign*** 10-23-2015
    • Jim Webb ***Suspended Campaign**** 10-20-2015
    • Lawrence Lessig
  2. 2. Republican Party

• Ted Cruz - *** Drops Out *** 5-3-2016
    • Rand Paul ***Suspended Campaign*** 2-3-2016
    • Marco Rubio ***Suspended Campaign*** 3-15-2016
    • Ben Carson ***Suspended Campaign *** 3-2-2016
    • Carly Fiorina ***Suspended Campaign *** 02-10-2016
    • Mike Huckabee ***Suspended Campaign*** 2-1-2016
    • Rick Santorum ***Suspended Campaign*** 2-3-2016
    • George Pataki ***Suspended Campaign*** 12-29-2015
    • Lindsey Graham ***Suspended Campaign*** 12-21-2015
    • Rick Perry - *** Suspended Campaign *** 09-11-2015
    • Jeb Bush ***Suspended Campaign *** 02-20-2016
    • Donald Trump
    • Bobby Jindal ***Suspended Campaign *** 11-17-2015
    • Chris Christie - ***Suspended Campaign *** 02-10-2016
    • Scott Walker - ***Suspended Campaign*** 09-21-2015
    • John Kasich
    • Jim Gilmore - ***Suspended Campaign*** 2-12-2016
  3. 3. Libertarian Party

• Marc Allan Feldman
    • Gary Johnson
  4. 4. Unknown "Yet to be named" Party

• John D. McAfee
    • None (If you vote for another party)

We should have 2 new Polls with all the same folks. 1. Now    and 2nd. Right after The 1st Republican Debate. This single event will narrow the field a great deal as Americans everywhere will see how each candidate performs while debating.

Will they be Regan-esk, or or as stiff, non-engaging, and out of touch as our Great American War Hero Senator John McCain was during the last election. Who will take maximum advantage of social media to get the word out and engage with the entire 21st century population? Democrat, Republican and the like.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure do figure is a phrase I grew up with. It really applies to politics and this election. Who will stop talking about lowering the national debt, without raising taxes, and unlike our current President, actually do it via a real plan that can be refined down the road if needed? Who will come up with a practical plan to lower the National Debt of our country, abandoning the plan that requires the U.S. to go by way of Greece, Europe, and Russia first; before reigning our financial house in order? Who will stop declaring unemployment to be at its lowest level since blah blah blah, and stop defining the unemployed as those people receiving unemployment benefits? Who will define unemployment as the unemployed receiving benefits AND those whose benefits ran out and now fall into "the labor participation rate or the chronically unemployed." (LPR plus those receiving EDD benefits currently reflects a unemployment figure of 16% nationwide.) Who will start calculating inflation by including such trivial items as FOOD, GASOLINE, HEATING OIL & GAS for homes during the winter? What would the inflation rate be if these items were included in the current formula? 

Who will will actually design a real and practical plan to tackle Illegal Immigration and a broken Immigration System. I don't give a cr@p about Amnesty/No Amnesty. Even the pseudo plan for Complex Immigration Reform that Mr Obama threw up on the wall just to see if it sticks, and to give he and his something to point at and complain about Repubs, has Amnesty in it. But they are not calling it that. Weither you call it amnesty or a commutation its the same darn thing PERIOD. The practicality of Immigration Reform is that to deport the 8-12 million undocumented illegal immigrants in the U.S. would bankrupt a already cash strapped nation just in airfare alone. Ex: at $400 per ticket times 12,000,000, the costs to deport 12,000,000 humans from this country would cost $4,800,000,000 plus the costs of temporary housing, food, medical, lawyers, court costs, etc. Amnesty/commutation of all the NON-CRIMINAL hard working immigrants that did not legally enter this country is the only practical way to handle it. Of course while simultaniously, or immediately after totally securing the borders. Southern and Northern alike.

Details could be something like fining each undocumented adult $10,000 each. Process the paperwork needed to get a green card and a Social Security Card (or Tax ID card). Learn English and the History of the U.S., and all the other requirements just like the "legal immigrants" are required to do. To complete this all within a generous time frame over xyz years. The fines can be paid in cash and by applying any tax refunds till its paid in full.Of course we must enforce the requirement for all employers to use E-verify, and enforce all immigration laws (and all laws in general). We can offer the thousands of recently hired IRS Agents a transfer to ICE or The Border Patrol since their jobs will be down sized. 

Though a minority of the undocumented immigrant population pay some income taxes it is only done under the name of the person who's ID was mis-used to get the required legal SS card. I personally believe the majority of the 12 million folks are honest, hard working, and only want to earn a better life for their family by working hard; be it with a shovel, a computer, a scalpel, or just their brain. When all of these folks, are paying their share of taxes these monies can help lower our national debt, fund repair of our roads and infrastructure, and just help OUR nation to return to its former glory together.

This is not a end all thought off the top of my head. Its is a foundation that can be built on. It is a start of the discussion on Comprehensive Immigration Reform.

If all this angers our neighbors to the North or the South, tough schnitkies. This is our country not yours. We can still be friends and get along, can't we?

• 1 month later...

Lawrence Lessig announced his candidacy for POTUS.

Hillarious Clinton has a new opponent in the race for President of the United States of America, and his name is not Joe Biden.

Outspoken Harvard Law School professor and campaign finance reform advocate Lawrence Lessig announced his candidacy on ABC News’ “This Week” Sunday, saying that he’s running on a platform of comprehensive campaign finance and redistricting reform:

“We have to recognize we have a government that does not work. This stalemate, partisan platform of American politics in Washington right now doesn’t work. And we have to find a way to elevate the debate to focus on the changes that would actually get us a government that could work again, that is not captured by the tiniest fraction of the 1 percent.”

He even made a pledge that none of his other competitors are offering: that he’ll step down from office once he’s achieved his goal of campaign finance and election reform legislation. This places a much bigger emphasis on whom he would select for his number two than for most of his opponents.

Lawrence-LEssig-e1441569587807-1024x564.

Image Credit: Getty – Bryan Bedder

Lessig told “This Week” host George Stephanopoulos:

“The vice president has to be consistent with the values of the Democratic Party, and I’m very much committed to having a candidate who could excite the Democratic base.”

To that effect, Lessig launched an online poll on his website asking supporters to vote on whom he should chose to be his Vice President. Among the choices are:

• Vice President Joe Biden;
  • Former Secretary of State Hillarious Clinton;
  • Former Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley;
  • Former “Daily Show” host Jon Stewart; and
  • Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren.

Last month, he launched an exploratory committee in advance of Sunday’s announcement. At a press conference announcing the committee, Lessig vowed to jump into the race if he could raise $1 million in donations from small-money donors by Labor Day, a goal that he has officially achieved.

Lawrence-Lessing-website-1024x581.jpg

Image Credit: Screenshot

Lessig still has to deal with the uphill battle of qualifying for any of the Democratic National Committee’s six sanctioned debates, according to the guidelines established by committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Recent polls show that he has yet meet that threshold.

This is not the first time that the Harvard professor has dipped his toes into the political pool. He used his connections last year to raise $10 million for a super PAC backing candidates in support of campaign finance reform, with little success.

Okay - so the democratic party is digging deep for candidates.   :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: 

Software pioneer McAfee files paperwork to run for president

mcafeejohn.jpg?itok=T1ott-Z1
Getty Images

By Mario Trujillo - 09/08/15 05:35 PM EDT

The antivirus software pioneer John McAfee on Tuesday filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission to run for president. 

The paperwork was confirmed as authentic by Kyle Sandler, who is identified as one of the campaign’s directors and responded to a request for comment from a contact form on McAfee’s personal website. The filing lists an Alabama address, and noted that McAfee would be “founding a new party yet to be announced.”

Questions were initially raised whether the eccentric founder of the eponymous named anti-virus software company — who describes himself as a “eccentric millionaire & still alive” on his Twitter profile — would be eligible to run since many profiles about him note that he was born in the United Kingdom. 

But McAfee is eligible to run because he was born on a U.S. Army base in the United Kingdom to an American serviceman, according to Sandler. His mother was of British decent. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who won the Republican nomination in 2008, has a similar story. 

McAfee had teased the run earlier this week in a series of tweets and retweets. He told Wired on Tuesday that his advisers were “pressing me to run.”

McAfee told the tech website he has received “thousands” of emails from people encouraging him to run. But just hours before the FEC filing went up, he said he was “still in a quandary about whether to run myself or find someone else for my party.”

“It's not something I would just choose to do on my own,” he said. 

In terms of policy issues, he told Wired that the federal government is “illiterate” on the underlying technology that supports everyday life, from smartphones to military hardware to communications. 

McAfee founded his antivirus software in the late 1980s but is no longer affiliated with it. The company was purchased by Intel in 2010. 

The biggest focus of McAfee in the news in recent years surrounded his fleeing of his home in Belize after authorities looked to question him about the murder of his neighbor. He was described as a person of interest but not a suspect. 

Reports from that time described him as “increasingly erratic." He said his reaction came out of fear of the authorities there. But Belize’s prime minister had described his reaction to the situation as paranoid. 

USA Today profile of him from earlier this year noted that McAfee settled in Tennessee after being on the run for most of 2014. The profile noted he was attempting to raise his profile with a new incubator on the Alabama-Georgia border, and he occasionally spoke at tech conferences. 

:cowboy2:

Okay - so the democratic party is digging deep for candidates.   :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: 

Software pioneer McAfee files paperwork to run for president

mcafeejohn.jpg?itok=T1ott-Z1
Getty Images

By Mario Trujillo - 09/08/15 05:35 PM EDT

The antivirus software pioneer John McAfee on Tuesday filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission to run for president. 

The paperwork was confirmed as authentic by Kyle Sandler, who is identified as one of the campaign’s directors and responded to a request for comment from a contact form on McAfee’s personal website. The filing lists an Alabama address, and noted that McAfee would be “founding a new party yet to be announced.”

Questions were initially raised whether the eccentric founder of the eponymous named anti-virus software company — who describes himself as a “eccentric millionaire & still alive” on his Twitter profile — would be eligible to run since many profiles about him note that he was born in the United Kingdom. 

But McAfee is eligible to run because he was born on a U.S. Army base in the United Kingdom to an American serviceman, according to Sandler. His mother was of British decent. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who won the Republican nomination in 2008, has a similar story. 

McAfee had teased the run earlier this week in a series of tweets and retweets. He told Wired on Tuesday that his advisers were “pressing me to run.”

McAfee told the tech website he has received “thousands” of emails from people encouraging him to run. But just hours before the FEC filing went up, he said he was “still in a quandary about whether to run myself or find someone else for my party.”

“It's not something I would just choose to do on my own,” he said. 

In terms of policy issues, he told Wired that the federal government is “illiterate” on the underlying technology that supports everyday life, from smartphones to military hardware to communications. 

McAfee founded his antivirus software in the late 1980s but is no longer affiliated with it. The company was purchased by Intel in 2010. 

The biggest focus of McAfee in the news in recent years surrounded his fleeing of his home in Belize after authorities looked to question him about the murder of his neighbor. He was described as a person of interest but not a suspect. 

Reports from that time described him as “increasingly erratic." He said his reaction came out of fear of the authorities there. But Belize’s prime minister had described his reaction to the situation as paranoid. 

USA Today profile of him from earlier this year noted that McAfee settled in Tennessee after being on the run for most of 2014. The profile noted he was attempting to raise his profile with a new incubator on the Alabama-Georgia border, and he occasionally spoke at tech conferences. 

I must have missed the "democratic party" part.  If only this guy had been a reality t.v. star.....we would know so much more about him.   B) 

GO RV, then BV

I must have missed the "democratic party" part.  If only this guy had been a reality t.v. star.....we would know so much more about him.   B) 

GO RV, then BV

HMMMMMM..... The announcement I saw stated he was running under the democratic party, however, this article does not.

I pulled up his filing paper and he states he is forming a new party.  :lmao:  :woot: 

I will edit the poll listing at the front of this topic.

• Upvote 1

HMMMMMM..... The announcement I saw stated he was running under the democratic party, however, this article does not.

I pulled up his filing paper and he states he is forming a new party.  :lmao:  :woot:

Thank you, TG.  Maybe you can make an "Also Ran" category for these obscure types.   :D 

GO RV, then BV

Wouldn't it be great if he split the Democratic Party come election time. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...