Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tlar - The CBI Printed 5 Trillion (New) Dinar To Cover All The Dinar Left !

DinarThug

CNN. The World's Foremost Experts On 'Funny Money' !

4-25-2014   Newshound Guru Tlar  Article:   "Iraq issued a new currency with a high security specifications ...in addition to the fact that this article states that the new 250, 500 and 1000 are already printed and beginning to circulate, there is one sentence that also confirms what I have been saying for months... Quote “Al-yasseri said the total value of banknotes to be printed about five trillion dinars (2.7 billion dollars) and will inject trading instead of categories used gradually.”   The CBI only printed 5 trillion dinars which is meant to cover all the dinar left circulating in Iraq. If there had been 35 trillion as some have suggested because that is a news stock number repeated over and over in articles, they would have printed 35 trillion because their intention is to replace everything in circulation pulling the old notes out. 35 million is every note that has ever been let out of the CBI including the ones you and I hold.

4-25-2014   Newshound Guru Tlar    In 2012 Saleh told us there was only 4 trillion circulating and I am absolutely sure that 5 trillion dinars is more than adequately able to handle what’s left with many just being printed in case. What is circulating is less 5 trillion made up of 250′s, 500′s and 1000′s or less. So the CBI felt it necessary only to print the 5 trillion with which will eventually replace all of them with some left over...These are the crossover notes and this printing will be the last of these notes. The people will quickly switch to the new notes because they are afraid of the notes they carry now not being accepted in trade because they are worn, dirty, torn, tattered and written all over.

4-25-2014   Newshound Guru Tlar   They are also saying at today’s value that the currency circulating is 2.7 billion USD equivalent. Now compare that with the 100 billion in cash reserves, the 90 tons of gold and the 82 billion in route to the CBI reserves over this year. Anyone care to figure how many times over that the dinar is covered. At 1 to 1 it’s still close to 100 in reserves for each 1 in circulation with a value of 86 cents per dinar.

• Upvote 3

Oops sorry Markinsa didn't mean to neg you there, slip of the finger. Can someone right that PLEASE!!! I apologies :-(

Oops sorry Markinsa didn't mean to neg you there, slip of the finger. Can someone right that PLEASE!!! I apologies :-(

Reaching for my glass of vino and, well....enough said,

• Upvote 2

I would say that CBI printing new notes is interesting, but I wouldn't attribute any great significance to it with respect to any RV. The denominations mentioned can only be termed "small change": That is, equivalent to the coins we use as small change. Since Iraq uses bills that have a MUCH shorter useful lifespan than coins, it wouldn't surprise me if they have to do this sort of thing fairly often to replace the worn out bills.

My guess is that these bills are used as small change in transactions that are otherwise carried out in U.S. dollars. You tender $X for a purchase from a merchant and receive small denomination IQD in change. These would tend to circulate with a great deal of frequency and therefore wear out quite quickly compared to coinage of the same denomination.

In my admittedly limited experience I can relate a similar phenomenon. I have visited Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco), Mexico on many occasions. While there I've naturally visited numerous businesses for the purpose of purchasing various items. I might visit a Circle K store there for the purpose of purchasing cerveza; just as a hypothetical example :rolleyes: . In such case I would tender, say, a $20 bill to the clerk (who gladly accepts it) and receive perhaps 90 pesos in change. If those pesos were paper currency they would wear out quite quickly compared to the coins they actually use for small change there. My experience is that most merchants will give change in pesos rather than U.S. currency. Although, certain respectable cantinas conduct all their business in U.S. currency.

No snivelling!

- cantinista

CNN. The World's Foremost Experts On 'Funny Money' !

4-25-2014   Newshound Guru Tlar    In 2012 Saleh told us there was only 4 trillion circulating and I am absolutely sure that 5 trillion dinars is more than adequately able to handle what’s left with many just being printed in case. What is circulating is less 5 trillion made up of 250′s, 500′s and 1000′s or less. So the CBI felt it necessary only to print the 5 trillion with which will eventually replace all of them with some left over...These are the crossover notes and this printing will be the last of these notes. The people will quickly switch to the new notes because they are afraid of the notes they carry now not being accepted in trade because they are worn, dirty, torn, tattered and written all over.

With some left over?

For whom?

For what?

Suggestion to CBI: Let's not water this Camel-Wipe down any more than it already is.

I don't usually listen to Theliar much any more due to the massive number of wrong calls by this "guru", but if it's news, then it may have some merit.

I LOVE ROCKY POINT!!!!! daughter is facinated with the whale bones...I happen to love the resturant with all the blue tile overlooking the ocean!

I like Rocky Point, but I love Circus Mexicus which I consider to be one of the best parties in the Western Hemisphere. I'm not sure which restaurant you're referring to; perhaps the Friendly Dolphin that overlooks the harbor. I think they're all tiled in some color or another. Is your T-Town the one across I-10 from me?

- cantinista

cantinista and SnowGlobe7 --  woot woot for Rocky Point. I have been going for 53 years now.  I have many many fond memories as a child there and even better memories as an adult!

My question is, have either of you been in the last year or so and did you encounter any difficulties of any kind?  We have a condo on the beach in Las Conchas and I miss that ocean tremendously.  Its been a little more than a year since Ive been. 

Thanks,

ASUMama

• Upvote 1

It has been to long for us...prob 6 years...since we live in Tulsa now. Funny story the last time we went...we always rent a car to go...and we were stopped at the border comiing back and it turns out it had stolen plates and the drug doggs sniffed positive....talk about scary situation...amazingly they told us to tell the rental company and let us go after hours of being seperated form Hubby (boyfirend at the time). We did not tell anyone at the rental company..we said we were late for a flight and tossed the keys to the guy and ran out of there!! 

• Upvote 3

OMG! Snow! That sounds like my kinda luck but thankfully haven't experienced that! We haven't been because of security reasons. We had a friend (local from Rocky Point) who spoke English "disappear" at the wharf. His car was found parked there but he has never been seen nor heard from again. Very sad! Anyway several other horror stories as well so Rocky Point is just a fond memory now! Can't chance it. Maybe after this RV happens I can find another relaxing but safe hideaway! Looking forward to trying anyway. God Bless and thanks for the chat!

OMG! Snow! That sounds like my kinda luck but thankfully haven't experienced that! We haven't been because of security reasons. We had a friend (local from Rocky Point) who spoke English "disappear" at the wharf. His car was found parked there but he has never been seen nor heard from again. Very sad! Anyway several other horror stories as well so Rocky Point is just a fond memory now! Can't chance it. Maybe after this RV happens I can find another relaxing but safe hideaway! Looking forward to trying anyway. God Bless and thanks for the chat!

SnowGlobe and ASUmama,

I thought Snowglobe's T-town would either be the home of either the Sun Devils or the Mildcats. I was surprised to hear someone from Tulsa pining for Rocky Point :D I'm a Phoenix native (Maryvale High graduate - about 6 miles or so from Tolleson High) but I only started visiting there, other than couple visits in '69 and '73, ten years ago. I haven't been down for almost two years now. It can be interesting at times, and maybe too interesting at others. The only personal experience I've had worth mentioning was in 2009, I think. About 5 or 10 miles north or Rocky Point the Mexican Army was searching all the incoming vehicles for smuggled weapons. So there we were, a sizable crowd of vehicles on Friday afternoon waiting by the side of the road, knocking down a cold one, while soldiers did a cursory search of our vehicles. As if fans flocking to Rocky Point for the Roger Clyne and the PEACEMAKERS show would be smuggling weapons for the drug cartels. Even Eric Holder probably had to blush at the idea.

On a more serious note, last fall they had a shootout between the Federales and some drug gangers. The news reported that six of the "bad" guys were killed, and this was at one of the beach resorts. Apparently the Federales lit into them with grenades and such right into wherever they were holed-up at the resort (I haven't yet heard which one) I've also heard, but there's no way to verify it, that there were actually many more than six killed in the confrontation. I'm sure the net effect is that the drug gangers won't ever neglect to pay the requisite bribes again. I'm planning on going down in six weeks for this year's show and I expect I'll learn more details then - accurate or not. I'm looking forward to the show, as well as some quality time on the beach.and in the Cantina!

- cantinista