Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Economist: Iraq did not take advantage of his release from Chapter VII until today

Frangipani

http://www.iraqyoon.net/news_details.php?details=4781

Center News / News / Economist: Iraq did not take advantage of his release from Chapter VII until today

Economist: Iraq did not exploit his release from Chapter VII until today

August 20, 2013, 5:16 pm

Said economic expert on behalf of Jamil Antoine, Tuesday, that Iraq did not benefit from his release from the provisions of Chapter VII until today, attributing this to the absence of economic plans and the deteriorating security situation in the country.

Said Antoine told him the reporter, "news agency Iraqis," that: "Everyone is optimistic that Iraq will regain its health economic terms after his release from the provisions of Chapter VII, which was imposed on it by the United Nations by bringing global investment firms and international banks and achieve a quantum leap in various areas of life. "

He added: "But this optimism dissipated after the deteriorating security situation and dramatically in the country, it has become a stumbling block before the advent of companies and foreign investment, and the investment process need to be a national effort a great start from the House of Representatives legislation of laws important economic and ending the government and the institutions applying laws the ground to support and strengthen the national economy. "

Author: (f. A.. Iraqi - Baghdad - a t).

Edited by Markinsa
Left Aligned Text
  • Upvote 4

Now, THAT'S good news 4 me, no matter how U look at it. I know those people, and if something pops up on the horizon, they will flip it on every possible way to see which way is more profitable 4 them. So now, it’s time 4 them to let us know which way the wind is blowing. GoRRRRRRRRRRRRRV.

Well, I wonder what happened today? I wonder if there's more to the Financial Education Centers Law, than has been revealed to us. I know for sure the World Bank asked for such, but as of today, that's the only law passed that would affect Iraq monetarily.

• Upvote 1

Economist: Iraq did not take advantage of his release from Chapter VII until today

So, what was so special about today, it's seems it been like any other day since 7 years ago when I started watching this SHINOLA!

just sayin'
WM13

I guess I am reading it different.  I am thinking up to today, not until.  Translation issue.  Cause they are yet to pass the laws of plural government, investment, infrastructure, amnesty, and most important HCL.  That is so important for the citizens too.  The tourism and tariffs.  We are still talking about all the same laws years later.  They did nothing once they emerged from Chapter 7, with the exception of ordering and buying protection equipment as if they were in a war.  ( they are, amongst themselves)

• Upvote 2

I guess I am reading it different. I am thinking up to today, not until. Translation issue. Cause they are yet to pass the laws of plural government, investment, infrastructure, amnesty, and most important HCL. That is so important for the citizens too. The tourism and tariffs. We are still talking about all the same laws years later. They did nothing once they emerged from Chapter 7, with the exception of ordering and buying protection equipment as if they were in a war. ( they are, amongst themselves)

I see it this way too. They seem to be complacent with being mediocre.

I guess I am reading it different.  I am thinking up to today, not until.  Translation issue.  Cause they are yet to pass the laws of plural government, investment, infrastructure, amnesty, and most important HCL.  That is so important for the citizens too.  The tourism and tariffs.  We are still talking about all the same laws years later.  They did nothing once they emerged from Chapter 7, with the exception of ordering and buying protection equipment as if they were in a war.  ( they are, amongst themselves)

good take on it, I know I get tired trying to decipher the translations. Definitely need the HCL. 

Thanks uncirculd, Come on IRAQ.

Wm13

Instead of taking full advantage of monetary policy change, like removing the program rate and using the true rate of the dinar; the CBI has decided to follow the failed current economic course.  Germany, after World War II, is a great example of changing a value and ending all of the bloodshed and violence. 

These people kill their own kind with bombings and beheadings, etc.  They behave like animals and barbarians.  Where is their honor, morals, or values of a normal society in Iraq?  They behave more like a Godless society.  We all hold the IQD and have put our trust in people like this; I wonder if I'm crazy sometimes.  It was the risk we all took and the risk will all now hold though; betting on a God forsaken people and country. 

I hear people blaming Malaki for this delay and the wasted opportunity after Chapter 7.  Has anyone every considered the Parliament needs to pass one or more laws we know nothing about?  Look at how Parliament delays things, simply doesn't show up for work, is not in session for a full week, or takes vacations whenever they like.  I believe Parliament is the problem. 

Do people realize that Malaki has been praised, honored, and given awards by the UN and other world organizations and countries for stopping and working to control the corruption in Iraq?  Look at Shabibi as an example.  Shabibi didn't commit the corruption, yet Shabibi allowed the money laundering to occur in the CBI.  Since he was the head of the CBI, Shabibi was responsible for what happened behind those four walls.  Shabibi was simply an accessory for allowing the laundering of money to occur.  Malaki had his party members in Parliament issue the warrants to clean up the mess at the CBI.  Malaki, following a gentleman's like agreement, simply gave Shabibi the opportunity to not return or be arrested.  Malaki could have issued a warrant with Interpol had Shabibi been directly guilty of money laundering.  Notice how Shabibi has been very quite about the exact details of what the CBI plans are for the IQD.  Shabibi hasn't said anything that we didn't already know. 

Iraq has wasted a golden opportunity to get business and investment into their country after June 27th, 2013.  I'm not sure why the UN has tried to cover up the release from Chapter 7 and not sure why there has been a total news blackout in the USA, Europe, and Asia.  Someone in Iraq needs to grow a set, hold the Parliament accountable for what has happened including immediate new Parliamentary elections, inform Malaki that his two terms is all the law will allow him to serve and give him the boot of goodbye, and force Turki to change the IQD to the true value at the point of a gun. 

In the meantime, I just hope some poor soul, like the janitor during the late night shift, finds it in his heart to throw on the IQD revalue switch while Turki is asleep. 

• Upvote 1

what we need is an Iraqi "Godfather" who will make Maliki, Turki and any other "turkeys" holding things up "an offer they can't refuse".....

maybe even have them wake up with their favorite camel's head on the pillow next to them.... :mad:

Has anyone every invited them to play Iraqs and Italians?

Instead of taking full advantage of monetary policy change, like removing the program rate and using the true rate of the dinar; the CBI has decided to follow the failed current economic course.  Germany, after World War II, is a great example of changing a value and ending all of the bloodshed and violence. Iraq has to establish Stability, Fully Implement the SFA....appoint Ministry, have a Completed Seat Government, which means Power Sharing... before any change in Monetary change 

These people kill their own kind with bombings and beheadings, etc.  They behave like animals and barbarians.  Where is their honor, morals, or values of a normal society in Iraq? It's been that way since the beginning.  They behave more like a Godless society.  We all hold the IQD and have put our trust in people like this; I wonder if I'm crazy sometimes.  It was the risk we all took and the risk will all now hold though; betting on a God forsaken people and country. 

I hear people blaming Malaki for this delay and the wasted opportunity after Chapter 7.  Has anyone every considered the Parliament needs to pass one or more laws we know nothing about?  Look at how Parliament delays things, simply doesn't show up for work, is not in session for a full week, or takes vacations whenever they like.  I believe Parliament is the problem. Greed, Power

Do people realize that Malaki has been praised, honored, and given awards by the UN and other world organizations and countries for stopping and working to control the corruption in Iraq? They appointed this guy...They sure would look like bunch of fools if they admit, they made a Mistake...Mr. M was appointed with these Blessing of these folks...especially the USA Look at Shabibi as an example.  Shabibi didn't commit the corruption, yet Shabibi allowed the money laundering to occur in the CBI.  Since he was the head of the CBI, Shabibi was responsible for what happened behind those four walls.  Shabibi was simply an accessory for allowing the laundering of money to occur. Shabibi been cleared of all Charges.... Malaki had his party members in Parliament issue the warrants to clean up the mess at the CBI. Mr. M and his Judge Buddy believe Mohammand, however it's spell were up to no good and his Judge been removed.... Malaki, following a gentleman's like agreement, simply gave Shabibi the opportunity to not return or be arrested. It was Shabibi best interest not to return..  Malaki could have issued a warrant with Interpol (Interpol refuse any accusations implied by the Government of Baghdad, which is still enforce at this time..) had Shabibi been directly guilty of money laundering.  Notice how Shabibi has been very quite about the exact details of what the CBI plans are for the IQD.  Shabibi hasn't said anything that we didn't already know. 

Iraq has wasted a golden opportunity to get business and investment into their country after June 27th, 2013.  I'm not sure why the UN has tried to cover up the release from Chapter 7 (Chapter 7, IMO is still Incomplete, if this drag out to the end of Dec, look for it being reinstated.... Chapter 7..JMO) and not sure why there has been a total news blackout in the USA, Europe, and Asia.  Someone in Iraq needs to grow a set, hold the Parliament accountable for what has happened including immediate new Parliamentary elections, inform Malaki that his two terms is all the law will allow him to serve and give him the boot of goodbye, and force Turki to change the IQD to the true value at the point of a gun. 

In the meantime, I just hope some poor soul, like the janitor during the late night shift, finds it in his heart to throw on the IQD revalue switch while Turki is asleep. 

Iraq needs Political Stability, plus the fact the whole Region is full chaos...

Edited by yota691

I see it this way too. They seem to be complacent with being mediocre.

Dude, you don't know the half of it. The Arabs have zero drive to be even mediocre. The many that I have worked with have no motivation to become better or improve. Their entire motivation rests solely on Allah's will. It's very difficult to work with a culture that differs so greatly from that of the US. For the most part, we are driven by goal achievement and most actually do things toward that end. The Arabs, on the other hand, are not driven by goals, hence take an exceptional amount of time to make decisions and close the deal. I was involved in some contract negotiations where we had ten meetings that never even addressed the vision for the contract. On the 11th meeting, we all showed expecting the same and the contract had already been signed by the two Arabs in charge. No one who was responsible for contract execution knew what the vision was and the contract floundered from day one. None of what the Iraqis are doing/ not doing comes as a surprise to me. Once the Arabs run out of oil, they will go back to riding camels and living in tents.

Edited by Choppermike