Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

** PERSONAL PHONE CALL TO IRAQI FRIEND **

UNEEK

All I can add is that this particular individual is also a member of this site, is an attorney, is not one to post a bunch of BS, as I have had many occasions to talk to him via chat, etc., so I will definitely give Maynard the benefit of doubt, because I know him to be reputable from my interactions with him, but you be the judge. Rich

No offense rich but when you mentioned attorney everything else fell apart.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

All I can add is that this particular individual is also a member of this site, is an attorney, is not one to post a bunch of BS, as I have had many occasions to talk to him via chat, etc., so I will definitely give Maynard the benefit of doubt, because I know him to be reputable from my interactions with him, but you be the judge. Rich

Totally agree Rich! Maynard is an upstanding member of this site and has only given intelligent and often humorous posts and comments for the past couple of years that I have seen. I would have no doubt that what he is posting is exactly as what he heard. I'm liking what he posted!

• Upvote 1

Thank you Euneek for the post.

I am a bit concerned that this person indicates the importance of keeping the person's identity safe, but pretty much gives his address. Is it me or does this seem to possibly get someone killed over there. It might be an innocent person, but regardless...it helps them to home in on him... Scary...stupid. How can you say in one sentance how dangerous it is and in another give his location.

But I do agree that we are seeing a great deal of smoke.

I definitely understand the concern and questions -- the name of the trader company was actually in the post and I made the decision to omit it to prevent the onslaught of phone calls - realizing that may take away from the validity or credibility - Although I had seen the name of the poster I could not remember that he was a member here - I of course do not know why he did not share the story here unless well .... uhh guess .for the same reason that folks are not believing me or the post .. thing is - from what others say I believe they would have believed and supported him .. I really liked the story and could believe it

Ditto from me!!

you are very welcome - and sorry I am out of fairy dust and pluses - Blessings to you ! <3 <3

Thanks UNEEK for all you do.

Thanks for the support -- I am glad that I can chip in and contribute - sorry I am out of pluses - you sure deserve one +1

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Is this like the chicken plucker story from a year or so ago with the man in the suit and the chicken plucker?? :blink:/>/>

Yep... That one comes back as a (funny) nightmare every now and then..... How could one forget it ever????

Same old crap that I heard starting in '06. I wish someone can make up some new BS story to entertain us while we wait....... B)/>

lol... Be careful what you wish for.....

Edited by umbertino

Can someone with knowledge of how currency markets work - make sense of the following story -- and more importantly indicate if these activities have any relevance to the dinar? I am not posting this to generate more speculation, just hoping for insight and understanding.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/08/currency-wars-something-big-is-happening-in-venezuela/

I don't think MAYARD cares what people think he was good enough to take the time. When he could be out in his ice castle fishing and maybe enjoying irish coffee, russian coca, his best brand of battle bass or some schnapps chilled to the temp of snow or just relaxing. He from up north and always has had great post here. Thanks to him and UNEEK and all the people that make this site great Adam, Mods, and every one that goes the extra mile and the list goes on. I may have missed spelled some words to.

• Upvote 1

Same old crap that I heard starting in '06. I wish someone can make up some new BS story to entertain us while we wait....... B)/>

I was at Home Depot the other day and noticed they will be staying open an hour later. They are no doubt getting ready for the RV and all of the investors remodeling their homes..........

• Upvote 3

Can someone with knowledge of how currency markets work - make sense of the following story -- and more importantly indicate if these activities have any relevance to the dinar? I am not posting this to generate more speculation, just hoping for insight and understanding.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/08/currency-wars-something-big-is-happening-in-venezuela/

if iraq follows the american model , it would be good for iraqi dinar .,, what ill say is only a very rough idea of the way i see the curency exchanges ,

it used to be everyone was shooting for the most valuable currency .. now they are shooting for lowest exchange rates ..

the reason is exporting goods .. .

this started awhile back , it seemed if your currency was at a lower value .. your merchandise was in demand . we here in the us seem to flock to walmart for cheaper products made in china .

a microwave sitting on a walmart shelf made in china for 39 dollars sitting next to an american made microwave for 99 dollars is the way it is ..as the american microwaves sit on the shelves . and chinese microwaves are being sold .. the american microwave manufacturers are laying off workers and those workers income drops to unemployment levels or around half your wages ,, at that point those 39 dollar microwaves start selling even faster

the trend is everyone wants to devalue their curency ..only problem is .. lots of those countrys with already low currency values dont have far to go till they hit zero value ..the dollar has a ways to go .. the us can drop off its value in relation to everyone elses devaluations , and the us dollar still has appeal , while those other countrys value is turning into junk. so they turn to the dollar ,, and then their countrys reserves end up with piles of us dollars ..that cant be exchanged for anything but goods and services ... they must spend those dollars , .. they can be spent anywhere the dollar is accepted ...where ever they are spent .. they end up in that countrys reserves ..so the only way to de-dollarize the world .. is to spend them in the united states ..if they spend them in the united states ..our economy grows ,, as our economy grows , the dollar gets stronger . as the dollar gets stronger .those who hold the dollar dont want to sell them any more .. they use them to prop up the value of their own currency.. so no matter what happens .. those dollars that sit all around the world , are an insurance policy , that keeps the value of the dollar at its high value . so it seems everyone likes dollars ..i heard their will eventually only be one currency left in the world after the currency wars .. and that will be the us dollar , we are way ahead of the game , and theres no other way out .

just a speculation .

• Upvote 1

Donlop -- Thank you for this post that is extensive and helpful.

if iraq follows the american model , it would be good for iraqi dinar .,, what ill say is only a very rough idea of the way i see the curency exchanges ,

it used to be everyone was shooting for the most valuable currency .. now they are shooting for lowest exchange rates ..

this started awhile back , it seemed if your currency was at a lower value .. your merchandise was in demand . we here in the us seem to flock to walmart for cheaper products made in china .

a microwave sitting on a walmart shelf made in china for 39 dollars sitting next to an american made microwave for 99 dollars is the way it is ..as the american microwaves sit on the shelves . and chinese microwaves are being sold .. the american microwave manufacturers are laying off workers and those workers income drops to unemployment levels or around half your wages ,, at that point those 39 dollar microwaves start selling even faster

the trend is everyone wants to devalue their curency ..only problem is .. lots of those countrys with already low currency values dont have far to go till they hit zero value ..the dollar has a ways to go .. the us can drop off its value in relation to everyone elses devaluations , and the us dollar still has appeal , while those other countrys value is turning into junk. so they turn to the dollar ,, and then their countrys reserves end up with piles of us dollars ..that cant be exchanged for anything but goods and services ... they must spend those dollars , .. they can be spent anywhere the dollar is accepted ...where ever they are spent .. they end up in that countrys reserves ..so the only way to de-dollarize the world .. is to spend them in the united states ..if they spend them in the united states ..our economy grows ,, as our economy grows , the dollar gets stronger . as the dollar gets stronger .those who hold the dollar dont want to sell them any more .. they use them to prop up the value of their own currency.. so no matter what happens .. those dollars that sit all around the world , are an insurance policy , that keeps the value of the dollar at its high value . so it seems everyone likes dollars ..i heard their will eventually only be one currency left in the world after the currency wars .. and that will be the us dollar , we are way ahead of the game , and theres no other way out .

just a speculation .

their entire philosophy is in correct .. fooding the us with cheap goods in exchange for our dollar that is only redeemable for goods and services ..they give us 3 microwaves for a certain amount of dollars .. when they redeem those dollars eventually .. the return is only 1 microwave from america .

your country has to have something that is unique .. and avaliable from that country.. like being an oil country ..you cant get the production of oil out of just any country like you can get from iraq ..its cheap and pletiful in iraq .. their currency value should grow .. or they just set peg by their govt like venezuala did .. a govt set exchange rate ,, and just keep adding to the m2 volume of currency by printing more money at that set rate ... like start out with 100 billion dinars exchangable at 1 dinar per one dollar .. and instead of adding to the exchange rate .. you just print up more dinars at that set rate.. like the us dollar ..we just add more to the pile as they are earned ,borrowed, and repaid with interest, interest being accumulated by extra work ...

like if i borrowed money to grow corn .. and the interest was 10% on that money ..if i plant 10% more corn and work that portion of the harvest for free i can cover that interest , which generates income for the bank , so they can loan out even more in the future

Officials said the fixed exchange rate is changing from 4.30 bolivars to the dollar to 6.30 bolivars to the dollar. Venezuela's government has had strict currency exchange controls since 2003 and maintains a fixed, government-set exchange rate. (AP Photo/Howard Yanes, File)

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/venezuela-announces-currency-devaluation

and dont forget the entire currency war is most likely LOADED UP WITH PROPAGANDA

YA KNOW ya cant teach everone everything .thigs dont work out so well like that ..say you were a businessman . and you needed a workforce .. you give them each a responsibility and teach them how you want it done and how its done..

you dont teach them how to go into business and have the same knowlege as you have .. they would then just start their own business ..now you have competition ... so you just teach them what you need them to know to do a specific job.

so when someone comes along and says .. im a banker .. so im an authority in govt policy that sets exchange rates , and macroeconomics of the nations ...

the internet is very informative ..you only know what you know if you teach yourself .. sure you get help along the way .. like obama says .. you didnt build that , someone else did .. hes almost correct ..you do get help , but at the same time you pass along help to others ... we work together . we konk er..lol

what will this knowlege ever do for me as far as how currencys get valued .. how they lose value .. all this crap .. most likely will not benifit me as i go hunting in the woods .. or entertain myself watching a football game .

but if i see an oppertunity like this come along .."the dinar",, i will certainly jump out invest a couple bucks , and speculate

For a currency to hit zero it has to be demonetized. A common fallacy in the dinar community is that a currency valued as low as the dinar can't depreciate. For example, the VND is currently valued at $.000048. It would have to appreciate nearly 1800% to reach the value of the IQD. When Turkey re-denominated they removed 6 zeros from the lira instead of the 3 that Iraq is proposing. Zimbabwe removed 12 zeros in 2009. There's plenty of room for the dinar to depreciate, which is one reason I don't believe that it will be allowed to go on a free float. They don't want to risk a return to hyperinflation.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

a microwave sitting on a walmart shelf made in china for 39 dollars sitting next to an american made microwave for 99 dollars is the way it is ..as the american microwaves sit on the shelves . and chinese microwaves are being sold ..

the american microwave manufacturers are laying off workers and those workers income drops to unemployment levels or around half your wages ,, at that point those 39 dollar microwaves start selling even faster

the trend is everyone wants to devalue their curency ..only problem is .. lots of those countrys with already low currency values dont have far to go till they hit zero value ..the dollar has a ways to go ..

the us can drop off its value in relation to everyone elses devaluations , and the us dollar still has appeal , while those other countrys value is turning into junk. so they turn to the dollar ,, and then their countrys reserves end up with piles of us dollars ..that cant be exchanged for anything but goods and services ...

they must spend those dollars , .. they can be spent anywhere the dollar is accepted ...where ever they are spent .. they end up in that countrys reserves ..so the only way to de-dollarize the world .. is to spend them in the united states .

.if they spend them in the united states ..our economy grows ,, as our economy grows , the dollar gets stronger . as the dollar gets stronger .those who hold the dollar dont want to sell them any more ..

they use them to prop up the value of their own currency.. so no matter what happens .. those dollars that sit all around the world , are an insurance policy , that keeps the value of the dollar at its high value .

so it seems everyone likes dollars ..i heard their will eventually only be one currency left in the world after the currency wars .. and that will be the us dollar , we are way ahead of the game , and theres no other way out .

just a speculation .

Thank you for that explanation - I actually understood it very well and it made things clearer to me than they have been - I have been reading a lot of your posts lately - and appreciate the detail that you put forth -- I know that some disagree with your ideas/ opinions but I am still reading to learn and you explain things well -- Once I get to "understanding" more - then I can decide and debate smile.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"As the RV approaches, the news about it can’t be good. With too much incentive, the sharks of the world would literally illiquidate Iraq from beyond its borders."

So, let me get this straight. The Sharks of the world are idiots and we on Dinar forums are geniuses because we understand and talk about an imminent RV that these "Sharks" can't see?

That stretches credulity. If we peons are expecting an RV soon, why haven't the Sharks already sucked up every Iraqi dinar that exists? They've got to have better contacts than the geniuses at PD.

The RV has been called imminent by Dinar Gurus for the last 3 years I have been involved. "Sharks" are waiting for the right time (bait ) or they simply waist the turnover profit they can get with their money. The RV is also not designed for people outside Iraq.

Thank you for that explanation - I actually understood it very well and it made things clearer to me than they have been - I have been reading a lot of your posts lately - and appreciate the detail that you put forth -- I know that some disagree with your ideas/ opinions but I am still reading to learn and you explain things well -- Once I get to "understanding" more - then I can decide and debate smile.gif

only believe the things that make sense .. dont believe the things people say your to stupid to understand.. you know what makes sense .. use your own judgement .

• Upvote 1