Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Patience is wearing thin in Dinarland.

I have made investments in the past that was like this one in the aspect that the cost to get in was very little per share, good thing because I didn't have much money. I bought American Airlines for $6.00 per share and everyone I talked to about it said it was a bad investment. I told about the research I did to a financial advisor, he said it was to risky. No matter how much I tried to get my family member to invest, they listened to the advisor. Well the stock got up to $47.00 per share. I knew over a period of time it was going to go back up, I just had to wait. Another stock I bought into was at the time $3.00+ per share, I don't recall the exact figure, and with all the research I knew this would go up, again over a period of time. Today that stock is $60.00+ per share. I like to think that this investment is like those stocks, it will go up over a period of time and the problem is we do not know how much time.

I see currency is a wildly different beast than stock. Everyone wants stock to go up. But the country that creates the currency does not as it just makes their products more expensive as exports. Countries and central banks want stability, not rising or falling rates. Stocks are also directly impacted by the growth of the company (as well as other things of course), but growth in GDP does not cause appreciation in the exchange rate.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I see currency is a wildly different beast than stock. Everyone wants stock to go up. But the country that creates the currency does not as it just makes their products more expensive as exports. Countries and central banks want stability, not rising or falling rates. Stocks are also directly impacted by the growth of the company (as well as other things of course), but growth in GDP does not cause appreciation in the exchange rate.

That you are correct sir.

Think of it like this. When we start working in our early years we think about retiring. For us to retire, it takes time, hard work, and PATIENCE.

End Quote

That's because for most folks ( including myself) work ( having a job ) is boring. A painful necessity. A form of modern slavery ( with differences depending on the trype of work).

I know that to this day this talk is still taboo.

Edited by umbertino

IMO, the thing that confounds many people about this investment (speculation) is that the underlying wealth in Iraq (oil, gold, natural resources, CBI reserves) more than justifies an imminent rise in the value of the IQD to reflect this wealth. Yet, the GOI and CBI seem paralyzed in in-action. If they had no underlying wealth, that would be one thing, but intellectually and economically we know that a strong dinar is possible, if enabled, and most likely, if allowed to float. After all, the current low value of the dinar was artificially imposed years ago, not by market forces, but by the forces of the IMF, the U.S., and the U.N. Therin lies the frustration and impatience for me and many others. The only thing that is constant in this investment is that hope springs eternal.

• Upvote 6

Good Morning - Everyone has made a good comment - everyone has had different influences due to different backgrounds and experiences --

Skrappy it sounds like you have done well and most likely the really hard times taught you as much as anything on how to shift your thinking and do whatever it takes to push down - push through and push on - I don't know if I would have been as strong to "risk" much after losing my home - but you had what it took and it paid off - I have never been much of a big time gambler - but everyday we all do gamble / risk to some extent

To Laugh - is to risk appearing the fool

To weep - is to risk appearing sentimental

To reach out - is to risk involvement

To love - is to risk not being loved in return

To live - is to risk dying

To hope - is to risk despair

To attempt - is to risk failure

To forgive - is to risk being hurt again

To trust - is to risk betrayal

To expose feelings is to risk exposing our true self

To place your ideas - thoughts - dreams before the crowd is to risk ridicule

To express ones opinion - approval - is to risk argument and disagreement

To give - is to risk being taken

I have made small ventures into others ideas but their success depended primarily on my involvement and dedication to it -- the Dinar/Dong investment is my very first of its kind and I have little to no control over it being a success -

I have had some discouraging moments for sure but overall and for the most part I feel very confident in seeing the fruition - The forums can be a huge asset for information and commodore -

Captjohn - thank you for sharing your comments - I agree with your way of thinking on the situation in Iraq - I just wish we could figure "their" way of thinking and reasoning for taking so long -- lol

Everyone Have a Great Day - Banish the negative thoughts before they have a chance to grab hold of your mind and pull you down into a state of frustration and depression - it can be a long way back up -- Remind yourself that you are invested in an event that will make history! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 UNEEK <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

• Upvote 3

IMO, the thing that confounds many people about this investment (speculation) is that the underlying wealth in Iraq (oil, gold, natural resources, CBI reserves) more than justifies an imminent rise in the value of the IQD to reflect this wealth. Yet, the GOI and CBI seem paralyzed in in-action. If they had no underlying wealth, that would be one thing, but intellectually and economically we know that a strong dinar is possible, if enabled, and most likely, if allowed to float. After all, the current low value of the dinar was artificially imposed years ago, not by market forces, but by the forces of the IMF, the U.S., and the U.N. Therin lies the frustration and impatience for me and many others. The only thing that is constant in this investment is that hope springs eternal.

Man, I think you really hit the nail on the head Captjohn. I know there are some on this site that have "crunched the numbers" and look at this investment's potential strictly in those terms. I'm not saying they're not right, but for the rest of us "simpletons", we see a country with ridiculous amounts of wealth (and potentially more wealth than we even know about at this time) and a currency value inconsistent with that wealth. In addition, their currency's value is inconsistent with others in the region. So we tend to look at is as an "imbalance" that has to eventually "correct itself".

We just don't know when the heck it's going to happen!

• Upvote 2

Man, I think you really hit the nail on the head Captjohn. I know there are some on this site that have "crunched the numbers" and look at this investment's potential strictly in those terms. I'm not saying they're not right, but for the rest of us "simpletons", we see a country with ridiculous amounts of wealth (and potentially more wealth than we even know about at this time) and a currency value inconsistent with that wealth. In addition, their currency's value is inconsistent with others in the region. So we tend to look at is as an "imbalance" that has to eventually "correct itself".

We just don't know when the heck it's going to happen!

Their currency value is inconsistent with others in the region because their MONEY SUPPLY is inconsistent with others in the region.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

IMO, the thing that confounds many people about this investment (speculation) is that the underlying wealth in Iraq (oil, gold, natural resources, CBI reserves) more than justifies an imminent rise in the value of the IQD to reflect this wealth.

Only the size of the money supply and CBI reserves are important in determining the exchange rate of the dinar, not other resources.

After all, the current low value of the dinar was artificially imposed years ago, not by market forces, but by the forces of the IMF, the U.S., and the U.N.

This is false. What was artificially imposed on Iraq were sanctions that prevented oil sales (and lots of other stuff) so to try and fund his wars etc Saddam spent his reserves and printed trillions of dinars and thus market forces caused the value to drop to at least 3000 IQD per dollar.
  • Downvote 1

Yes most countries do not want their exchange rate too high because of exports, but Iraq like some other middle east countries that major in oil exporting, they sell their oil in US dollars not in their own currency so it makes no difference what their currency value is as it does not affect the exports. There is always massive demand for their oil exports, just like Kuwait who has one of the most highly valued currencies in the world. This is the crucial difference that frees up Iraq to RV without any negative export repercussion.

Over 90% of Iraq's exports is because of oil. This will increase as the oil extraction contracts mature. They are positioned perfectly to increase the value.

This RV issue is a no brainer for Iraq, its all positive and logical without the restraining export issues that hold back currency values like for instance China.

Wait for it ..........

Edited by Goodlife
  • Upvote 1

Patience is right 1098830-Clipart-Yellow-Bored-Smiley-Emoticon-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg

Not being negative but they are easy words for the younger generation. It is now 8 years since I first started and each year the grim reaper seems to get closer and closer. After all this time I would really like to see something happen before they close the lid.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes most countries do not want their exchange rate too high because of exports, but Iraq like some other middle east countries that major in oil exporting, they sell their oil in US dollars not in their own currency so it makes no difference what their currency value is as it does not affect the exports. There is always massive demand for their oil exports, just like Kuwait who has one of the most highly valued currencies in the world. This is the crucial difference that frees up Iraq to RV without any negative export repercussion.

Over 90% of Iraq's exports is because of oil. This will increase as the oil extraction contracts mature. They are positioned perfectly to increase the value.

This RV issue is a no brainer for Iraq, its all positive and logical without the restraining export issues that hold back currency values like for instance China.

They have 70B USD in reserves and 65T IQD in the money supply (M1). That constrains their exchange rate. Kuwait's rate is due to their M1 being 6.7B KWD (10,000 times smaller than Iraq's) and having 25.9B USD in reserves (only 3 times smaller than Iraq's). That would support an a rate slightly higher at 3.8 KWD to 1 USD instead of 3.55 to 1 they use now. Note previously I have used reserves/m2 for this, but reserves/m1 looks to be the more appropriate limit based on Kuwait anyway. So even if Iraq wanted to raise the rate and didn't care about shutting down any future exports in other segments, they simply don't have the funds to do it. Edited by makecents
  • Downvote 2

They have 70B USD in reserves and 65T IQD in the money supply (M1). That constrains their exchange rate. Kuwait's rate is due to their M1 being 6.7B KWD (10,000 times smaller than Iraq's) and having 25.9B USD in reserves (only 3 times smaller than Iraq's). That would support an a rate slightly higher at 3.8 KWD to 1 USD instead of 3.55 to 1 they use now. Note previously I have used reserves/m2 for this, but reserves/m1 looks to be the more appropriate limit based on Kuwait anyway. So even if Iraq wanted to raise the rate and didn't care about shutting down any future exports in other segments, they simply don't have the funds to do it.

The post wasnt in reference to their money supply but directly related to the lack of currency value restriction because they sell oil in US dollars. They are not constrained like most other exporting countries. They will not suffer any export value loss if they end up RV ing to a buck or whatever. If they start gold production the same rule applies so it will not affect that export either ( unless they retain it in reserves)

The other supporting point was that oil is likely to remain the bulk of export especially due to the big oil contracts being developed. The emphasis in Iraq is very definitely on oil so their is little to sacrifice on other export commodities for some years to come. It will remain their number one export earner for many years. What else is currently exported which is not petroleum related may get consumed internally.

• Upvote 1