Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The best news ever. Iraq has not printed a new currency until now and has not intended to RD at all and just scare away all dinar investor, like us.

ALBUNDY

Wow folks. I get this important information about what delarue company have done from year 2003 - 2012. As we all see in 2003, De La Rue confirms that it is in discussions to assist in the production of banknotes for Iraq. That means that Iraq already printed the first banknotes in 2003 (that is what we have and hold now as current banknotes )through the delarue company. And, then from 2004 – 2012, delarue company have not announced until now that Iraq want to print a new banknote as we all hear that Iraq wants to RD their currency. That means Iraq has not intended to RD their currency ( remove 3 Zero/ LOP ) and GOI just talk and talk to scare away all dinar investor, like us, and doesn’t have any intention to RD at all ( this is what we all want it very badly). And, this is a good news for all of us as dinar investor and the more we all hear that GOI wants to RD very often, the closest we are to the RV. Have a faith to all of us and be optimistic. Eventhough, this is a good news, JUST REMEMBER : DO NOT BUY MORE THAN YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE. DON’T BE GREEDY . GO RV to all of us.

THE LINK : http://www.delarue.com/Media/LatestNews/2009/

I hope you understand that in order for your theory to br true, all the uncirculated notes everyone here holds, and we're printed after 2004 would have to be counterfeit.

Some folks apparently think that is a good thing, as they are throwing the green ones your way for telling them their dinar is no good.

• Upvote 4

I hope you understand that in order for your theory to br true, all the uncirculated notes everyone here holds, and we're printed after 2004 would have to be counterfeit.

Some folks apparently think that is a good thing, as they are throwing the green ones your way for telling them their dinar is no good.

HUH???

To me, it means that the original contract from 2003 is still valid, and no changes to the currency have been ordered, thus there are no banknotes ready to be distributed without the three zeroes...

• Upvote 3

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

EVALUATING THE RECORD OF THE COALITION

PROVISIONAL AUTHORITY’S MACROECONOMIC

REFORMS IN IRAQ http://www.dtic.mil/.../u2/a556432.pdf

Hit the Link above, it pretty much tell's how this went down!! It very informative!!

TABLE OF CONTENTS

I. INTRODUCTION........................................................................................................1

A. IMPORTANCE OF THIS TOPIC .................................................................2

B. PROBLEMS AND HYPOTHESES ...............................................................2

C. METHODS AND SOURCES ..........................................................................3

D. THESIS OVERVIEW .....................................................................................4

II. IRAQ BEFORE 2003 ...................................................................................................5

A. IRAQ’S BANKS ...............................................................................................6

B. DINAR INFLATION .......................................................................................8

C. DEBT .................................................................................................................9

D. DUAL CURRENCIES .....................................................................................9

E. CONCLUSION ..............................................................................................10

III. LITERATURE REVIEW .........................................................................................13

A. BANK REFORMS .........................................................................................13

B. SHOCK THERAPY.......................................................................................15

C. CURRENCY REFORM ................................................................................17

D. DISCUSSION OF FINDINGS ......................................................................18

IV. THE CPA ....................................................................................................................21

A. WHAT WAS THE CPA? ..............................................................................21

B. WHO WAS THE CPA?.................................................................................23

C. IMPLICATION OF CPA’S STATUS ..........................................................23

V. CPA MACROECONOMIC REFORMS .................................................................25

A. REFORM OF THE CENTRAL BANK OF IRAQ .....................................25

B EVALUATION OF CENTRAL BANK INDEPENDENCE ......................27

1. Description of THE Model ...................................................................27

2. Aggregating THE Legal Variables ......................................................32

3. Result of Study ...................................................................................33

C. REFORM OF THE IRAQI DINAR .............................................................35

D. EVALUATION OF CURRENCY EXCHANGE ........................................41

E. SHOCK THERAPY AND THE WASHINGTON CONSENSUS .............43

F. EVALUATION OF SHOCK THERAPY ....................................................45

VI. CONCLUSION ..........................................................................................................47

LIST OF REFERENCES ......................................................................................................51

INITIAL DISTRIBUTION LIST .........................................................................................55viii

THIS PAGE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK ix

LIST OF FIGURES

Figure 1. CPA Organization Chart ..................................................................................21

Figure 2. Saddam Dinar. ..................................................................................................36

Figure 3. New IRAQI Dinar. ..............................................................................................37

Figure 4. Positioning THE New Currency .........................................................................42

Figure 5. Resupply and Pickup........................................................................................43

Figure 6. IRAQI Year to Date Revenue from Oil Exports ................................................46

Figure 7. Per Capita GDP in IRAQ (1968–2001) ..............................................................50

Read more: Table 3. Total Dinar Banknote order created during the currency exchange.

Denomination Notes (millions) Value (billions) Percent of volume Percent of value

50 276 13.8 8.49 .11

250 1,108 277 34.09 2.2

1000 881 881 27.11 7

5000 415 2,075 12.77 16.48

10000 327 3,270 10.06 25.97

25000 243 6,075 7.48 48.25

Total 3,250 12,591.8 100 100 page 37

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 2

We have to also consider that de la rue is not the only company that prints currency...therefore, just because they don't mention anything about printing new notes for Iraq...doesn't mean that some other company may have that task. JMO!!

VERY good point! Was just trying to point out that the bills printed from 2004 are not counterfeit just because they are not mentioned from 2003 on...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Insert from page 39 The British firm De La Rue (DLR) received the no-bid

printing contract. DLR’s used a consortium of international printing facilities and

suppliers including DLR plants in Sri Lanka, Kenya, Malta and the UK. Simultaneous

printing at the distributed plants greatly accelerated the production of the new

banknotes.113 http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a556432.pdf

We have to also consider that de la rue is not the only company that prints currency...therefore, just because they don't mention anything about printing new notes for Iraq...doesn't mean that some other company may have that task. JMO!!

From this Article your statement seems to be some what incorrect!! And GM..

HUH???

To me, it means that the original contract from 2003 is still valid, and no changes to the currency have been ordered, thus there are no banknotes ready to be distributed without the three zeroes...

Last year, there was a post showing how to tell when the notes you hold we're printed.

We found printing dates as recent as 2010.

The CBI has stated they have yet to award the printing contract for the new currency with the Kurdish language. According to the last info they released, they had proofs of the new currency, and were supposed to be choosing between two companies.

The CBI has had increased in the amount of currency released to the street since 2004, each required printing. The info posted above does not reflect the additional print runs.

So, you have to decide; have they printed or not printed currency since 2004 - and have they printed or not printed the new lower denoms,

Just another reminder that it is hard to be "kinda pregnant"; you either are or you are not.

No monetary reform of any consequence can occur without the introduction of smaller denominations to make transactions at a higher rate.

If they haven't, or don't plan on printing the smaller bills, then they obviously don't plan on increasing the value.

I personally don't view this as good news; maybe you can point out what I am missing.

• Upvote 1

Last year, there was a post showing how to tell when the notes you hold we're printed.

We found printing dates as recent as 2010.

The CBI has stated they have yet to award the printing contract for the new currency with the Kurdish language. According to the last info they released, they had proofs of the new currency, and were supposed to be choosing between two companies.

The CBI has had increased in the amount of currency released to the street since 2004, each required printing. The info posted above does not reflect the additional print runs.

So, you have to decide; have they printed or not printed currency since 2004 - and have they printed or not printed the new lower denoms,

Just another reminder that it is hard to be "kinda pregnant"; you either are or you are not.

No monetary reform of any consequence can occur without the introduction of smaller denominations to make transactions at a higher rate.

If they haven't, or don't plan on printing the smaller bills, then they obviously don't plan on increasing the value.

I personally don't view this as good news; maybe you can point out what I am missing.

I have wondered about this since last summer. I do remember Keep posted how you could tell whether your dinar was authentic and what year it was printed. We were curios if there were any printed in 2011 and indicating they are still printing. Most everyone's date on their dinar was from 2003 to 2010. However someone posted they had bought their dinar in 2004 or 2006 and the date on some of their dinar was 2010.

So I have always wondered if the dinar printed in 2003 was it, and they have been taking it out incrementally to go with the year. This post seems to coincide with a possible theory.

• Upvote 1

You are assuming de la rue is the one who had the new contract to print the new currency. iraq...has stated many times...they have three companies still competing to print the new currency. we knew that. we know....they still keep going back and forth on the issue of deleting three zeroes. i dont think you have proven or disproven anything...that wasnt already known. great effort though.

• Upvote 1

Hi. Where have you been Sonny 1? We all miss you and have been looking all over for you to give us a news regarding our investment. Do you have any news for us, Sonny 1?Also, I really miss your prediction and I wish you can give us another date when It will RV. come on tell us the good news because we all want this investment to RV immediately even it is only a small RV, like= 0.10 cents. If it can RV more than= 0.10 , that will be a blessing. I just wonder and have a question for all of you, including Sonny 1, who can answer it " if GOI want Iraq dinar to RD/LOP ( whatever all of you call it ), why does it take 9 years ( may be more ) to RD? Why, Can anyone answer it?Does the GOI have a lot of money just to print a new currency?Does the situation and condition, like a bombing everywhere, in Iraq right now have any effect on our investment? we all want this RV badly.

Even though this a hater and I know who it is I will say this, I don't think it will RV anymore.

This Was ALBUNDY's Very First Post Where He Started A Thread Calling Out Sonny1 Along With One Of Sonny's Responses.

ALBUNDY Received A Minus 15 On This Post And There Is A Link Above If U Wish To View That Entire Thread.

ALBUNDY Then Remained Relatively Quiet Until This Past Weekend When He Launched Multiple Threads Including Some Of Them Twice Into Separate Forums (See The Warnings On His Profile).

He Also Launched Several Tedious Polls Which Each Offered Over A Dozen Responses. :blink:

It's Possible That ALBUNDY Is Just A Mischievous Lopster Posing As A Pro-RV'er While Using Fake Broken English When Launching New Threads Which He Then Never Comes Back To Defend ! :o

Just Sayin' ! ;)

- CNN B)

25swsw037377.gif

:D :D :D

s

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz26qRJZagU

Here Is The Link To The Thread In August.

• Upvote 3

wikileak from 2008 (dinars printed at DeLarue's Kenya facility)

"As reported Ref A, delays in the CBI's printing of new banknotes and a failure to calculate the increased demand for cash caused by recent civil service pay increases and more aggressive GOI domestic spending have exacerbated this cash crunch.

Lacking dinar cash, Iraqi banks have increased their disbursement of the USD notes that they also maintain as vault cash. CBI data also show a significant spike in USD sales in July and August, somewhat undercutting its previous efforts in "de-dollarizing" the Iraqi economy. "

"The CBI, which had injected IQD 8 trillion (USD 6.7 million) worth of new dinar notes earlier in 2008, informed us that it expects a cash shipment of IQD 800 billion (USD 670 million) to arrive shortly. This shipment will consist of 32 million IQD 25,000 (USD 21) denomination notes and be sufficient to meet roughly one week of cash demand.

The CBI has ordered a total of approximately IQD 3 trillion (USD 2.5 billion). (Note: TREASATT advocacy and efforts with the CBI led to the GOI being willing to accept currency printed at DeLaRue's Nairobi, Kenya facility, which has spare line capacity. This should allow regular cash shipments to begin."

:)

• Upvote 2