Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar to "re-evaluate"

ijdk

I'm getting ready now for the coming collapse of the Dollar. Maybe that was the key to this investment. Knowledge.

That day is, unfortunately, approaching rapidly.

It would start a 3 way love affair in which Iraq would need to consider a move to vacate the falling dollar as their peg, and move to a more successful currency, or basket of currencies in order for any change in value to actually have a change in value that matters outside of their borders.

FWIW, next week is a week of worry for DHS. Emotions are high, and the RNC is being prepared for in apprehension.

Today's unemployment figures were not well appreciated by Wall Street. Gold and Silver are on the rise again, meaning the dollar is on the decline. It wouldn't be a far reach to see Dinar value increase during Forex hours, only to go back to the program rate after hours.

If the Dollar crashes, they may have to consider a move to vacate the dollar to keep the program rate viable as a hedge against inflation, until they pull the trigger on currency reform.

We face domestic events in the coming quarter that may divert our attention away from the Dinar.

Keep your powder dry, and if you have to circle the wagons - be sure to keep the guns pointed out.

• Upvote 1

That would be great if they don't kick those three zero's off the train. However I have a question for you Dalite. In researching re domination a while ago it mentioned countries who are planning on re dominating their currency are a bit more reluctant to do so close to an election. They are concerned for obvious reasons, if the people are unhappy with the RD result it could be counterproductive for the party who is leading the country. As I understand it Iraq has elections coming up in 2013, Iraq is a bit squeamish when it comes to taking chances, and who knows what Maliki has in mind, but I am sure keeping his party in the lead is a big motivation if an RD falls flat at first. What do you think?

You are absolutely correct about countries not wanting to redenominate when elections are approaching. Every large currency appreciation study that I've read has come to that same conclusion.

You are absolutely correct about countries not wanting to redenominate when elections are approaching. Every large currency appreciation study that I've read has come to that same conclusion.

So the question is does Iraq really have to do anything at all in the meantime with their currency? Is their a push on CBI to bring the value up in increments with their currency of today? I am sure Maliki would like such a movement, it would help on the campaign trail I would think.

Money

Money also has an associated nominal value. The nominal value of money is the stated, fixed standard for comparing money (e.g., $1 is always 100 cents). The nominal value of money does not take inflation, the money's actual purchasing power, or currency exchange into consideration.

Read more: The Definition of Nominal Value | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_6767133_definition-nominal-value.html#ixzz24Nr8YFz5

is one dinar always 1000 fils ?

or will the old dinar turn into 1 million fils while the new dinar is 1000 fills

Edited by dontlop

That day is, unfortunately, approaching rapidly.

It would start a 3 way love affair in which Iraq would need to consider a move to vacate the falling dollar as their peg, and move to a more successful currency, or basket of currencies in order for any change in value to actually have a change in value that matters outside of their borders.

FWIW, next week is a week of worry for DHS. Emotions are high, and the RNC is being prepared for in apprehension.

Today's unemployment figures were not well appreciated by Wall Street. Gold and Silver are on the rise again, meaning the dollar is on the decline. It wouldn't be a far reach to see Dinar value increase during Forex hours, only to go back to the program rate after hours.

If the Dollar crashes, they may have to consider a move to vacate the dollar to keep the program rate viable as a hedge against inflation, until they pull the trigger on currency reform.

We face domestic events in the coming quarter that may divert our attention away from the Dinar.

Keep your powder dry, and if you have to circle the wagons - be sure to keep the guns pointed out.

Im with you on this Dalite,Tangible goods-

They might not be able to manipulate keeping the price of Gold down any longer.

Stock up now an items that can be traded now. Silver is the better option IMO

Afterall what are you going to buy ( trade ) for an once of gold. To much value. Need small denoms. LOL

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry but on what planet would the CBI ever say "we're pulling in the notes with three zeros so that we can reduce the money supply and revalue to a thousands times the current value?" Of course they never would and you know that. You cannot base your argument "that we will never profit from this" by requiring proof, that anyone with half a brain knows is impossible to aquire. You demand to see an article where the CBI gives a heads up to the world with a date, rate and the mechanisms by which they will achieve this (which we all know we can't provide and for good reason) and if we can't provide such proof then you must be right. What a commodious stance you continue to maintain, it must be very convenient for you.

The same planet where they would actually pull in the notes with three zeros and RV to $.86. My point is people are getting excited about statements that are clearly describing an event that will produce no profit for them. The best chance to profit from owning the dinar is if they don't go through with what they're talking about here and allow the dinar to slowly appreciate. Keepmwlknfny has it right. Deleting the zeros isn't what dinar investors want.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

They used the word re-evaluation but they are obviously talking about a re-denomination because they are describing a lop when they say "deleting three zeros" and "facilitate financial transactions". When they tell us "we're pulling in the notes with three zeros so that we can reduce the money supply and revalue to a thousands times the current value" then you can get excited.

whew, I'm sure glad someone finally understands their strategy :rolleyes:

Wrong....try again

THIS ^^^ ;)

• Upvote 1

The same planet where they would actually pull in the notes with three zeros and RV to $.86. My point is people are getting excited about statements that are clearly describing an event that will produce no profit for them. The best chance to profit from owning the dinar is if they don't go through with what they're talking about here and allow the dinar to slowly appreciate. Keepmwlknfny has it right. Deleting the zeros isn't what dinar investors want.

Obviously, when the CBI deletes the zeros they could also raise the value. Come on now...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Of course the value will be higher, but it won't affect the IQD. It will only apply to the new notes. The IQD will be demonetized. That's how a re-denomination works.

I guess you know more than Greg McCoach, who is a professional economist, bullion dealer and mining speculator. What is your background in Finance Doctor Robbins and what is your purpose here? "Iraqi Dinar Revaluation. How the U.S. Plans to Make Trillions Off the Revaluation of the Iraqi Dinar." http://www.angelpub.com/expert/Greg-McCoach

• Upvote 2

Money

Money also has an associated nominal value. The nominal value of money is the stated, fixed standard for comparing money (e.g., $1 is always 100 cents). The nominal value of money does not take inflation, the money's actual purchasing power, or currency exchange into consideration.

Read more: The Definition of Nominal Value | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_6767133_definition-nominal-value.html#ixzz24Nr8YFz5

is one dinar always 1000 fils ?

or will the old dinar turn into 1 million fils while the new dinar is 1000 fills

Nominal refers to face value.. your example defines this. it doesnt matter what inflation or purchasing does 5 dinar will always be 5 dinar.

I dont take much from this article. re-evaluate by deleting three zeroes could be possibly multiple situations.

I guess you know more than Greg McCoach, who is a professional economist, bullion dealer and mining speculator. What is your background in Finance Doctor Robbins and what is your purpose here? "Iraqi Dinar Revaluation. How the U.S. Plans to Make Trillions Off the Revaluation of the Iraqi Dinar." http://www.angelpub.com/expert/Greg-McCoach

Technically he has historic precedence with that opinion. whether or not it goes down....is something yet to see.

dont sweat it......itll buff itself out

• Upvote 1

Nominal value of (10 apples at 50 dinar each) = 500 dinar (NV)

Removing three zeros from the NV (500 dinar = .5 dinar) (RV)

The RV in this post just dropped the price of the apple from 50 to 0.05 dinars.

Or increased the value of the dinar 10,000 %

Nominal value of (10 apples at 50 dinar each) = 500 dinar (NV)

Removing three zeros from the NV (500 dinar = .5 dinar) (RV)

The RV in this post just dropped the price of the apple from 50 to 0.05 dinars.

Or increased the value of the dinar 10,000 %

Youre post is accurate. But i highly doubt 10 apples will cost. .05 lol just sayin

They used the word re-evaluation but they are obviously talking about a re-denomination because they are describing a lop when they say "deleting three zeros" and "facilitate financial transactions". When they tell us "we're pulling in the notes with three zeros so that we can reduce the money supply and revalue to a thousands times the current value" then you can get excited.

By no means do i have the education nor knowledge of a doctor, but I re-read the article several times, and I cannot see how the text can be translated to anything about new, old, or making 25k =25!

Are you guys liberals?

• Upvote 2

It is a psychological increase ....1000 old dinar = $0.86 , 1 New dinar = $0.86...So 1 New dinar would trade very close to the USD....Plus IT is an all Iraqi design....

SWFG::: Yes they could also RV to a dollar ...But this would really be unpredictable...Think of the iraqi that has been paying a premium to trade dinar for USD. Make them equal and he has lost part of his savings! That person would think the goverment has taken something away,.

• Upvote 2

By no means do i have the education nor knowledge of a doctor, but I re-read the article several times, and I cannot see how the text can be translated to anything about new, old, or making 25k =25!

Are you guys liberals?

Dr. Albert "Al" Robbins M.D. is a fictional medical doctor in the CBS crime drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, portrayed by actor Robert David Hall. Al has appeared in every episode since "Who Are You?", with the exception of "Still Life" from season six

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Robbins

• Upvote 1

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Farabic.arabianbusiness.com%2Fsociety%2Fpolitics-economics%2F2012%2Faug%2F21%2F257813%2F

Annual inflation index rose in Iraq rose 5.7 percent after rising rents and the cost of living and services.

Said the spokesman of the Ministry of Planning and Development Cooperation of Iraq Abdul-Zahra al-Hindawi, said that «indicators annual inflation for the period of the month in July 2011 until the same month this year rose 5.7 percent for reasons of higher prices of goods and services, which include food, rent, transportation, communications, health and education» .

Hindawi said «Central Bureau of Statistics of the Ministry completed the inflation report for the month of July 2012 on the basis of field data collection on the prices of goods and services components of the consumer basket of selected sample of outlets in all governorates of Iraq.

Hindawi between the indicators of inflation for the month of July this year other is increased compared to the previous month of June by 0.3 percent.

He said Iraqi Finance Minister Rafie al-Issawi said that Iraq was seeking to keep inflation at five percent in 2012 with the support of the policies of the Central Bank to control the rising prices, and that he hoped to re-evaluate the Iraqi dinar by 2013.

Issawi told Reuters he hoped to control inflation again at about five percent in 2012 by some of the central bank's policies.

The annual inflation rate accelerated primary in Iraq to 7.1 percent in July from 6.4 percent in June, driven mainly by rising house rents.

Issawi said he did not believe that inflation will rise, adding that it has increased in the past few months to more than six percent, though the central bank tried to change its policies to control it again.

An official at the central bank said in June that it is not expected to exceed the annual inflation basic seven percent in 2011, because the economy has remained relatively stable with the stability of the flow of goods and the absence of any unexpected expenses governmental.

In August, Iraq declared that it intends to re-evaluation of the dinar by deleting three zeros from the nominal value to facilitate financial transactions.

Issawi said the central bank was prepared his study for submission to the government and that he hoped to complete it by 2013.

The CBI began discussing re-evaluation of the dinar last year in order to facilitate financial transactions. Still, many transactions in Iraq are in cash because of the development of the banking system.

The Iraqi dinar is trading in the auction at a fixed price at 1170 dinars to the dollar.

Issawi also said he expected that the level of unemployment ranges between 15 and 23 percent this year.

There you go for those of you who say lop READ IT the way it is written DON'T CHANGE any of the words to suit your lop talk this shows NO LOP & NO RE DENOMINATION. It even says delete from nominal value not from currency. Read it & weep suckers we are getting an RV.

• Upvote 1

Nominal value of (1dinar @ $0.00085) = $0.00085 (NV)

Removing 3 zeros from the NV = (1 dinar = $0.85)

Or removing 3 zeros from the NV = (1 dinar = $0.00000085)

To facilitate removing the zeros from the nominal value it either has to be 1:1000 or 1000:1. This post completely disputes the LOP.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There you go for those of you who say lop READ IT the way it is written DON'T CHANGE any of the words to suit your lop talk this shows NO LOP & NO RE DENOMINATION. It even says delete from nominal value not from currency. Read it & weep suckers we are getting an RV.

Dont be ignorant because of a lack of vocabulary. nominal is face value. you were very rude with your suckers remark. wakeup.....based on what they say.....its not good news. but i dont believe them....so we wait and see. dont throwthings in peoplesfaces whenyouend up looking uneducated by your lack of economic education. No one around wants a lop or is cheering for one. maybe think about the reasoning a little in peoples post and maybe you can learn something.

iraq plans on issuing a new currency without the three zeroes. how that plays out is still unknown. multiple possibilities. get it.....nominal...the currency without three zeroes.....face value..there wont be three extra zeroes on the new notes.

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dont be ignorant because of a lack of vocabulary. nominal is face value. you were very rude with your suckers remark. wakeup.....based on what they say.....its not good news. but i dont believe them....so we wait and see. dont throwthings in peoplesfaces whenyouend up looking uneducated by your lack of economic education. No one around wants a lop or is cheering for one. maybe think about the reasoning a little in peoples post and maybe you can learn something.

iraq plans on issuing a new currency without the three zeroes. how that plays out is still unknown. multiple possibilities. get it.....nominal...the currency without three zeroes.....face value..there wont be three extra zeroes on the new notes.

I have read what they say & everyone of them change wording to suit they way they want you to see it as a lop. OK maybe the suckers was a little harsh, but when they always are saying lop to everything that comes out & there have been plenty that show no lop they always change the wording around. For once I would like to see a person who is always saying this means lop to say that is a good artical showing no lop for once. Yes I know they don't want it to lop but after hearing it over & over again with news showing no lop it gets tiring of hearing these same people over & over again saying lop to everything. & no nominal is not face value if they were doing face value they would have said face value just like C.B.I has said "will not effect face value".

• Upvote 1

To facilitate financial transactions. meaning its easy to count the dinar without three zeroes. instead of heres 5- 25,000 notes, 6- 5000 notes..and 10-50 dinar notes.......add that up

or say 5- 25 notes...... 6- 5 notes.....and 10- nickels.

sure is a lot easier to add for a third world country

I have read what they say & everyone of them change wording to suit they way they want you to see it as a lop. OK maybe the suckers was a little harsh, but when they always are saying lop to everything that comes out & there have been plenty that show no lop they always change the wording around. For once I would like to see a person who is always saying this means lop to say that is a good artical showing no lop for once. Yes I know they don't want it to lop but after hearing it over & over again with news showing no lop it gets tiring of hearing these same people over & over again saying lop to everything. & no nominal is not face value if they were doing face value they would have said face value just like C.B.I has said "will not effect face value".

Thanks for the response. im on the fence.....ive jumped on both sides looking for answers.....and am still unsure. bottom line...dont sell....it could be magic. peace

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 1

I'm getting ready now for the coming collapse of the Dollar. Maybe that was the key to this investment. Knowledge.

Yeah..but if the dollar crashes what are we supposed to convert our RV earnings into?

Also isn't the dinar pegged to the Dollar?therefore if it goes down so does the Dinar.

I'm personally hoping for an RV shortly before the crash so we can at least switch the money into commodities like land,food/water,and peciaous metals.

I've heard several people say that God urged them to do so after the RV,because if they tried to hold onto the earnings for long they would lose them.To me this sounds like an economic crash after the RV.

I can only hope this will be the case and not vice versa.

Yeah..but if the dollar crashes what are we supposed to convert our RV earnings into?

Also isn't the dinar pegged to the Dollar?therefore if it goes down so does the Dinar.

I'm personally hoping for an RV shortly before the crash so we can at least switch the money into commodities like land,food/water,and peciaous metals.

I've heard several people say that God urged them to do so after the RV,because if they tried to hold onto the earnings for long they would lose them.To me this sounds like an economic crash after the RV.

I can only hope this will be the case and not vice versa.

Iraq's foreign reserves like many other countries are not really hard cash at all. Its not like 60 billion is sitting in a vault with Iraq's name on it. The fed will just print more cash if Iraq decides to move to another currency basket of currencies, Gold etc.. as a reserve. Problem is if several other countries try to do this the value of the Dollar will fall overnight. And by fall it could be as high as 50% easily. .Hyperinflation will eat us up.

I agree if and when we some type of profit on the IQD it would be wise to put into some other currency than the USD. Maybe Gold, silver, copper, platinum ,Canadian currency, Not to mention things you can easily trade. Food- clothing Guns, Ammo, liquor toilet paper etc...

Many will say "This is America! It can't happen here"

It's happening. this 40 year experiment is coming to an end soon IMO

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 2