Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Confirmed 4 Banks of Civil Able to increase Capitol

Shelley

Confirmed the association of private banks that the 4 banks of civil / unnamed / out of 32 banks, has been able to increase their capital to 150 billion dinars.

The director of the Association of Abdul Aziz al-Hassoun in a press statement: "The increase of capital of private banks will ensure their survival in the banking according to a decision of the Central Bank to hold the increase to the capital before the end of June 2013 or it will face the option of merging with other banks, or converted to offices, banking . "he said, adding that 24 banks, civil strife has maintained its capital without an increase yet.

And works in the Iraq civil strife 32 banks and a number of them have foreign transactions and has branches abroad. / / 5

Updating :: 05/27/2012 20:14

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&prev=hp&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://alforattv.net/index.php%3Fshow%3Dnews%26action%3Dcat%26id%3D23

• Upvote 3

Confirmed the association of private banks that the 4 banks of civil / unnamed / out of 32 banks, has been able to increase their capital to 150 billion dinars.

The director of the Association of Abdul Aziz al-Hassoun in a press statement: "The increase of capital of private banks will ensure their survival in the banking according to a decision of the Central Bank to hold the increase to the capital before the end of June 2013 or it will face the option of merging with other banks, or converted to offices, banking . "he said, adding that 24 banks, civil strife has maintained its capital without an increase yet.

And works in the Iraq civil strife 32 banks and a number of them have foreign transactions and has branches abroad. / / 5

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&prev=hp&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://alforattv.net/index.php%3Fshow%3Dnews%26action%3Dcat%26id%3D23

Do you understand the content of the article you posted, Shelly. I'm curious. :D

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 29

http://translate.goo...3Dcat%26id%3D23

This pretty much explains this post. Thanks Shelly for bringing it forward. ;)

• Upvote 3

You know Ski some people post articles to get feed back and other opinions... what is you understanding of this article?

Actually, I tried to read the article and make some sense of it, with fail. In other words, the article is meaningless in my pea sized brain.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Help me out members. I'm trying to understand the article that was posted. Do we have have any brainy people that can make sense of it? I can't.

Look none of us are brainy. We all try. Well, let me rephrase that. Some are smarter than others. Me I am just an opinionated nut with some knowledge. I can only offer my opinion. That is what we do here. Everyone has something they have learned and you put all those brains together and we try to make sense of it. But it is not just education, it is a whole different culture. You must be able to empathize with the culture. And that this country (Iraq) has been in bondage from Saddam. And now are birthing democracy. It is timely yes, but when it comes to investment we need patience. We all lose patience and sometimes you just have to joke about it. I have made many investments, some really good, some average, and some just bad. This type of an investment is a high risk.

You put it what you are willing to lose. They best thing about it, is that it is a currency. You will always get something out of it. Don't shoot the messengers, they work hard to bring the articles and they also want help at times to understand them. Just because they post an article doesn't mean they totally understand it. But, they bring in hopes that it will be significant to the investment. Better to bring it in, then to let it be very important and slip away. It's all good. We all have personalities and sometimes get on each others nerves. But we are very serious and diligent to know all we can. With this type of potential in an investment, it is worth all the blood, sweat, and tears put into it. Just hold on, tomorrow is another day. You can't always have good days, and believe me some have had some very serious bad days.

and again, this is just all my opinion. Someone of this site could sum it better than I. But that's all I have to offer for an explanation for you to understand how we roll.

• Upvote 4

Help me out members. I'm trying to understand the article that was posted. Do we have have any brainy people that can make sense of it? I can't.

They are just trying to build the capital reserves up in the banks.....most likely part of the new Basel III system.....gives them a bigger cushion in case of times like the banking bust in 08-09 when all those banks were having trouble staying open....

• Upvote 3

They are just trying to build the capital reserves up in the banks.....most likely part of the new Basel III system.....gives them a bigger cushion in case of times like the banking bust in 08-09 when all those banks were having trouble staying open....

Thanks for your post. A current, valid and audited Balance Sheet of Iraq is most important. I would imagine that Iraq's assets are understated at this time. I'm not aware of the Basel III system. Can you explain?

Thanks for your work and interest in this investment Keep! You always bring information to the table that is meaningful to some. :D

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Actually, I tried to read the article and make some sense of it, with fail. In other words, the article is meaningless in my pea sized brain.

YOU MUST CLARIFY YOUR COMMENTS OR YOU WILL GET DUMPED ON!!! LOL...... I thought you was being a smart azz with your first comment.......should have added the pea sized brain at the end of first comment...thats what I do often...and I have a flea sized brain...when I drink, it gets inverted!!!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your post. A current, valid and audited Balance Sheet of Iraq is most important. I would imagine that Iraq's assets are understated at this time. I'm not aware of the Basel III system. Can you explain?

Thanks for your work and interest in this investment Keep! You always bring information to the table that is meaningful to some. :D

Basically in a nutshell the Basel III system is supposed to be a global reform to up the physical or capital reserves (cash) that is kept on hand to better protect banks in hard times. They are trying to prevent a situation like what we faced when all those banks went under here in the US......it will give commercial banks some more cushion under them!

Apparently its being twisted by some "gurus" that this is a new policy for countries to move to asset backed currencies (aka Iraq can now use all the oil in the ground to back the dinar lol)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Federal Reserve unveils Basel III bank capital proposal

WASHINGTON: The Federal Reserve released a proposal to enact an international agreement on higher capital standards for banks, known as Basel III, that largely rejects pleas by the US banking industry to soften parts of the new standards.

US banks have pushed the Fed to allow them to more heavily count mortgage servicing rights and the unrealized gains and losses of certain securities toward their capital requirements than allowed by Basel III, but the US central bank's draft rule closely follows the international agreement.

The Fed board is scheduled to vote later on Thursday on whether to put the proposal out for public comment. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp and the Comptroller of the Currency are expected to approve the proposal soon as well.

The Basel agreement is the cornerstone of efforts by international regulators following the 2007-2009 financial crisis to make sure the global banking system is more resilient.

The new standards would force banks to rely more on equity than debt to fund themselves, so that they are able to better withstand significant losses.

It is up to each country to write rules to implement the Basel agreement for its banks.

The accord, which is to be phased in from 2013 through 2019, will require banks to maintain top-quality capital equivalent to 7 per cent of their risk-bearing assets, about three times what they are required to hold under existing rules. The Fed proposal adheres to this standard.

Banks have mostly agreed this minimum level is necessary. The biggest banks, however, have balked at a part of the agreement to have 28 global "systemic" banks hold as much as an additional 2.5 per cent capital buffer.

This provision would hit the largest international financial institutions such as JPMorgan Chase & Co, Goldman Sachs Group Inc and Deutsche Bank AG.

The Fed draft proposal released on Thursday does not address the capital buffer for the largest banks; it will be considered at a later date.

The Fed broke up its proposal for implementing the Basel agreement into three separate rules. The first two, which govern capital levels and the types of assets that can count toward the new standards, would apply to all US banks with $500 million or more in assets.

The third rule addresses the models and methods the largest banks, those with more than $250 billion in assets, can use to determine the amount of capital they have to hold based on the risk of their assets.

Also on Thursday, the Fed board is set to vote on a final rule implementing new capital standards regarding risks posed specifically by banks' trading books.

This update for trading books is known as Basel 2.5. In response to the financial crisis, regulators across the world agreed to update their capital guidelines to better take into account the risks from such things as securities made up of mortgages, which played a key role in the meltdown.

US regulators had delayed putting this rule into place because the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial oversight law bans the use of work done by credit rating agencies in US banking regulations, including those that assess bank capital. The agencies have struggled to find alternatives.

Banks have argued that some of the substitutes for credit ratings included in a proposed rule released in December will not be effective.

For instance, they have questioned whether relying on ratings from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) to gauge the riskiness of sovereign debt will work.

In the proposed final rule released on Thursday the Fed rejected this concern and said regulators will use OECD ratings.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international-business/federal-reserve-unveils-basel-iii-bank-capital-proposal/articleshow/13911641.cms

• Upvote 3

Federal Reserve unveils Basel III bank capital proposal

WASHINGTON: The Federal Reserve released a proposal to enact an international agreement on higher capital standards for banks, known as Basel III, that largely rejects pleas by the US banking industry to soften parts of the new standards.

US banks have pushed the Fed to allow them to more heavily count mortgage servicing rights and the unrealized gains and losses of certain securities toward their capital requirements than allowed by Basel III, but the US central bank's draft rule closely follows the international agreement.

The Fed board is scheduled to vote later on Thursday on whether to put the proposal out for public comment. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp and the Comptroller of the Currency are expected to approve the proposal soon as well.

The Basel agreement is the cornerstone of efforts by international regulators following the 2007-2009 financial crisis to make sure the global banking system is more resilient.

The new standards would force banks to rely more on equity than debt to fund themselves, so that they are able to better withstand significant losses.

It is up to each country to write rules to implement the Basel agreement for its banks.

The accord, which is to be phased in from 2013 through 2019, will require banks to maintain top-quality capital equivalent to 7 per cent of their risk-bearing assets, about three times what they are required to hold under existing rules. The Fed proposal adheres to this standard.

Banks have mostly agreed this minimum level is necessary. The biggest banks, however, have balked at a part of the agreement to have 28 global "systemic" banks hold as much as an additional 2.5 per cent capital buffer.

This provision would hit the largest international financial institutions such as JPMorgan Chase & Co, Goldman Sachs Group Inc and Deutsche Bank AG.

The Fed draft proposal released on Thursday does not address the capital buffer for the largest banks; it will be considered at a later date.

The Fed broke up its proposal for implementing the Basel agreement into three separate rules. The first two, which govern capital levels and the types of assets that can count toward the new standards, would apply to all US banks with $500 million or more in assets.

The third rule addresses the models and methods the largest banks, those with more than $250 billion in assets, can use to determine the amount of capital they have to hold based on the risk of their assets.

Also on Thursday, the Fed board is set to vote on a final rule implementing new capital standards regarding risks posed specifically by banks' trading books.

This update for trading books is known as Basel 2.5. In response to the financial crisis, regulators across the world agreed to update their capital guidelines to better take into account the risks from such things as securities made up of mortgages, which played a key role in the meltdown.

US regulators had delayed putting this rule into place because the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial oversight law bans the use of work done by credit rating agencies in US banking regulations, including those that assess bank capital. The agencies have struggled to find alternatives.

Banks have argued that some of the substitutes for credit ratings included in a proposed rule released in December will not be effective.

For instance, they have questioned whether relying on ratings from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) to gauge the riskiness of sovereign debt will work.

In the proposed final rule released on Thursday the Fed rejected this concern and said regulators will use OECD ratings.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international-business/federal-reserve-unveils-basel-iii-bank-capital-proposal/articleshow/13911641.cms

Oops, almost forgot just in case those large three syllable words throw some for a loop. http://www.webster-dictionary.org/

Ms Mortgage, thank you for this information, and it was initially written in English! I am hopeful that strict and sufficient standards are implemented for high capital standards and bank solvency. Other than the banking system, who would not befor Basel III considering what we have recently experienced in the financial sector. We all have suffered in one way or another from lack standards and greed.

Thanks.

• Upvote 2