Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Today the Finance Committee will host a delegation from the Central Bank to discuss the deletion of zeros

You guys will never get it. The RD only effects the new currency what's so hard to understand.

Lets just say.....theres a huge difference in just issuing lower denoms in the current class of currency vs printing an entire new class.( 1000 old = 1 new) they have been saying they are printing an entire new currency to replace the current iqd. Two entirely different things......

Edited by truthful1
  • Upvote 1

You guys will never get it. The RD only effects the new currency what's so hard to understand.

Ok, lets run with what your saying.....

Only the new currency is affected right?? So then the old currency stays exactly the same right? Right....soooooo the new currency is affected cause it has no zeros and has a higher value.....the old currency isnt affected, stays the same but is now restricted from seeing the new rate because its being phased out and removed from circulation....

So it does have an affect on the old currency....it will make them invalid after the exchange period....it affects the old currency for us because it wont RV....bottom line is that we dont want a RD....if it RDs, the bills we hold now will never see a higher value...we wont make any money!!

• Upvote 2

i understand the whole rd story line thats been put out .. that the new dinar will have 1000 more purchasing power than the old by deleting three zeros ..

my hope is ... "if this story line is true ... i hope it is surrounded by smoe smoke ,,, being they raise the value to where it was in the past .. around 3 to 4 dollars for 1 dinar exchange rate ...giving us about a 300 to 400 percent return on our investment ..

now more smoke would be even better .. like a straight up rv .. where the whole story line is smoke amirrors ..of course anyone would prefer that over any other scenario ,,,but i have seen no proof that they are pulling the dinars off the streets and they surly wont be having a rv to a 30 trillion dollar level ..

so im not leaning to believe it will be a straight up rv at one dollar for one dinar .. a much smaller rv could be possible leaving iraq at around a 2.5 thats two point five .. trillion dollar rv ....

it could be they feel they have enough dinars out there ,, so they are printing propaganda .... saying they are deleting 3 zeros to slow down the dinar sales .. and to try to get some long term investors to sell back some of those dinars before any rv takes place ..

wild dreams is what this dinar investment is at this point .. just wild dreams .. no one has ever done what some believe will happen .. they keep saying iraq is different .. well i havent seen any census reports that actually explains iraqs net worth .. with all the roads .. schools ..buildings all realestate .. artifacts .. oil , gas and mineral net worth .. which i believe is necessary before any rates could be established ..

trade imports and exports are also factored in ..

they may not be in the right place yet to do a rv .. and that could be why we have all this stalling .. we also have a chapter 7 to concider .. .. im sure they arent searching for countrys under chapter 7 from the united nations to give a revaluation of its currency to such a huge increase in value .... they must get out from under chapter 7

its getting closer and soon .. we should know the new rates .. i dont see it happening for ahile after chapter 7 is lifted .. possibly up to 2 years after .. but possibly within 6 months after .. .. it could all come into play by years end .. ..

im not looking for any rv today .. or this week .... but we have definatly gotten closer over the years .. iraq is slow because they seem to fight over every issue .. if they cant get along in their own country .. this could hinder everything.. elections are coming again in iraq we will see what changes the people of iraq will prefer if any

You see, I agree with your statement. Why wait this long to make a lopping change? It makes no sense. The reason is the structure both from a technical and transaction side was not there. It's still not there. IMO

I'm sure there is a whole lot going on with the gov't and what they feel Shabibi should be doing. I'm sure this is part of the hold up but not all of it. There are too many pieces that have yet to be done before Shabibi can RV their currency. Political is one of them. The news of late has bee sketchy at best. It's confusing and sometimes disheartening. It got a whole lot of people to sell their dinar didn't it? Not only that how many of you all are buying more dinar. The hype has gone and people's energy is much lower on this ride. How much of all this talk is to give the impression of doom and gloom?

Regardless, I'm extremely positive about my investment and know without a doubt it will happen by year end. :)

Thank you RSS for posting.

And...maybe she will go to the ladies room and leave out the side door during the dinner because he was just sooo intolerable and a Jacka$$. :lol:

:) :) :) :) :)

Nice Goldie, very nice!

You see, I agree with your statement. Why wait this long to make a lopping change? It makes no sense. The reason is the structure both from a technical and transaction side was not there. It's still not there. IMO

I'm sure there is a whole lot going on with the gov't and what they feel Shabibi should be doing. I'm sure this is part of the hold up but not all of it. There are too many pieces that have yet to be done before Shabibi can RV their currency. Political is one of them. The news of late has bee sketchy at best. It's confusing and sometimes disheartening. It got a whole lot of people to sell their dinar didn't it? Not only that how many of you all are buying more dinar. The hype has gone and people's energy is much lower on this ride. How much of all this talk is to give the impression of doom and gloom?

Regardless, I'm extremely positive about my investment and know without a doubt it will happen by year end. :)

Thank you RSS for posting.

And...maybe she will go to the ladies room and leave out the side door during the dinner because he was just sooo intolerable and a Jacka$$. :lol:

Good point.

i understand the whole rd story line thats been put out .. that the new dinar will have 1000 more purchasing power than the old by deleting three zeros ..

my hope is ... "if this story line is true ... i hope it is surrounded by smoe smoke ,,, being they raise the value to where it was in the past .. around 3 to 4 dollars for 1 dinar exchange rate ...giving us about a 300 to 400 percent return on our investment ..

now more smoke would be even better .. like a straight up rv .. where the whole story line is smoke amirrors ..of course anyone would prefer that over any other scenario ,,,but i have seen no proof that they are pulling the dinars off the streets and they surly wont be having a rv to a 30 trillion dollar level ..

so im not leaning to believe it will be a straight up rv at one dollar for one dinar .. a much smaller rv could be possible leaving iraq at around a 2.5 thats two point five .. trillion dollar rv ....

it could be they feel they have enough dinars out there ,, so they are printing propaganda .... saying they are deleting 3 zeros to slow down the dinar sales .. and to try to get some long term investors to sell back some of those dinars before any rv takes place ..

wild dreams is what this dinar investment is at this point .. just wild dreams .. no one has ever done what some believe will happen .. they keep saying iraq is different .. well i havent seen any census reports that actually explains iraqs net worth .. with all the roads .. schools ..buildings all realestate .. artifacts .. oil , gas and mineral net worth .. which i believe is necessary before any rates could be established ..

trade imports and exports are also factored in ..

they may not be in the right place yet to do a rv .. and that could be why we have all this stalling .. we also have a chapter 7 to concider .. .. im sure they arent searching for countrys under chapter 7 from the united nations to give a revaluation of its currency to such a huge increase in value .... they must get out from under chapter 7

its getting closer and soon .. we should know the new rates .. i dont see it happening for ahile after chapter 7 is lifted .. possibly up to 2 years after .. but possibly within 6 months after .. .. it could all come into play by years end .. ..

im not looking for any rv today .. or this week .... but we have definatly gotten closer over the years .. iraq is slow because they seem to fight over every issue .. if they cant get along in their own country .. this could hinder everything.. elections are coming again in iraq we will see what changes the people of iraq will prefer if any

good post. i want to see the rate below 1000:1 so deleting the three zeroes is eliminated. then over time they rv their way past the second zero and then the third and end up on par or further above the dollar.

The most positive news is parliament continues to postpone. so passing this wont be easy......and if they cant pass it....hopefullyinflation iseating at them and they have to revalue. thisis a longterm investment in my eyes. as the economy and oil production grows.....so does the currency. i dont see an overnight millionaire story happening...a thing called economics comes into play. everyone talks of the rothchilds and how a mega rv is planned by some authors. the rothchilds got rich by not giving away there money. whys the rothchilds cbi going to pay out trillions when theres no reason to.

Edited by truthful1

I understand your frustration with Truthful's analogy of Iraq's intentions. But to say just shut the F up is downright wrong. It would however be an interesting discussion and more fruitful is discussing how Iraq could walk around an RD plan. They can and there are ways. I think this is what the meeting is all about today with the CBI. It should be interesting to see what comes out of it.

Exactly, Zig.

Thinking between the lines.......Consider that they are meeting and discussing currency values at all...if they are going to LOP, there isn't much to it. Print the LD's and fire away. Easier transactions, wipe out the trillions that are vestiges of past inflation, and move on. Why worry about stability, the WTO, Chap 7, meetings....just RD and be done with it.

All this talk and worry about all these other factors point to an RV scenario in my opinion. :P

You have no idea what you are talking about period. :(

Only the new currency is affected right?? So then the old currency stays exactly the same right? Right....soooooo the new currency is affected cause it has no zeros and has a higher value.....the old currency isnt affected, stays the same but is now restricted from seeing the new rate because its being phased out and removed from circulation....

So it does have an affect on the old currency....it will make them invalid after the exchange period....it affects the old currency for us because it wont RV....bottom line is that we dont want a RD....if it RDs, the bills we hold now will never see a higher value...we wont make any money!!

absolutely 100% correct.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Exactly, Zig.

Thinking between the lines.......Consider that they are meeting and discussing currency values at all...if they are going to LOP, there isn't much to it. Print the LD's and fire away. Easier transactions, wipe out the trillions that are vestiges of past inflation, and move on. Why worry about stability, the WTO, Chap 7, meetings....just RD and be done with it.

All this talk and worry about all these other factors point to an RV scenario in my opinion. :P

If they do lop....there is a lot to do. First.....create a draft law and have it passed by parliament...which allows for a new currency. then they usually have an education process before hand can last years. its not something you just do in with a flip of the switch. a rv... would be a flip of the switch.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The exchange rate has nothing to do with the RD. Meaning I have no clue when the CBI will adjust the exchange rate (RV) and neither do you. So why do you keep bringing up the exchange rate.

The RD is totally a seperate event then the RV stop confusing the two.

The CBI stated that they will print new currency with lower denominations they never said anything about the RV.

I know you guys are just here to confuse people, but it is very clear to me what the CBI is doing.

I say again a 25000 Iraqi Dinar Note will always be worth 25000 Dinars!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The exchange rate has nothing to do with the RD. Meaning I have no clue when the CBI will adjust the exchange rate (RV) and neither do you. So why do you keep bringing up the exchange rate.

The RD is totally a seperate event then the RV stop confusing the two.

The CBI stated that they will print new currency with lower denominations they never said anything about the RV.

I know you guys are just here to confuse people, but it is very clear to me what the CBI is doing.

I say again a 25000 Iraqi Dinar Note will always be worth 25000 Dinars!!!

The exchange rate has everything to do with a RD....in our case as speculators....

I keep bringing up the exchange rate to try and help you understand the information you are bringing forward because it seems as if you need some clarification. Yes a RD doesnt automatically mean a RV, BUUUUTTTTTT the way the CBI is describing deleting the zeros it will be an end result of this action. Lets remember that the more you have of something, the less its worth.....sooooo if the CBI has 30 trillion dinar, and they reduce it to 30 billion dinar, each dinar left now has more value to it. (Thanks to the reserves built up)

The CBI has said alot about a higher exchange rate by deleting the zeros (RD)....thats why people get so confused because they think that the RD is what we want since it mentions a stronger dinar, that it couldnt possibly be a lop because apparently a lop is a devaluation laugh.gif .

For the 100th time, yes your 25k dinar will always be 25k dinar....what your not seeing is that in this event, the new currency will have a new higher value to it....and the NEW 25 note will share the same purchasing power as the old 25k note....they both will be equal in value in USD.....25k = 25 note. That is what they mean by the 25k note being equal or worth (1) NEW 25 note.

You really should keep researching this subject....your almost there!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If they do lop....there is a lot to do. First.....create a draft law and have it passed by parliament...which allows for a new currency. then they usually have an education process before hand can last years. its not something you just do in with a flip of the switch. a rv... would be a flip of the switch.

:lol: are your eyes Brown cause your full of it!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The exchange rate has everything to do with a RD....in our case as speculators....

I keep bringing up the exchange rate to try and help you understand the information you are bringing forward because it seems as if you need some clarification. Yes a RD doesnt automatically mean a RV, BUUUUTTTTTT the way the CBI is describing deleting the zeros it will be an end result of this action. Lets remember that the more you have of something, the less its worth.....sooooo if the CBI has 30 trillion dinar, and they reduce it to 30 billion dinar, each dinar left now has more value to it. (Thanks to the reserves built up)

The CBI has said alot about a higher exchange rate by deleting the zeros (RD)....thats why people get so confused because they think that the RD is what we want since it mentions a stronger dinar, that it couldnt possibly be a lop because apparently a lop is a devaluation laugh.gif .

For the 100th time, yes your 25k dinar will always be 25k dinar....what your not seeing is that in this event, the new currency will have a new higher value to it....and the NEW 25 note will share the same purchasing power as the old 25k note....they both will be equal in value in USD.....25k = 25 note. That is what they mean by the 25k note being equal or worth (1) NEW 25 note.

You really should keep researching this subject....your almost there!!!

Why do you keep bringing up the exchange rate (RV). I see you really don't understand what's going on.

This how it will play out. Its very simple.

1. CBI will start to issue the new currency with the lower denominations at the current exchange rate 1166 (deleting the zero's). Bank notes 5, 10, 25, 50 and 100. A 50 irqai dinar will be worth 50000 dinars x1000 this is the RD. Remember the exchange rate is still 1166. This will not effect the old currency.

2. Then the CBI will adjust the exchange rate (RV). I have NO CLUE when it will happen. So once the RV happens all currencies will carry there current face value new and old. The old currency will be good for 10 years.

You can keep giving out your misinformation about your made up word called LOP which everybody seems to have there own meaning.

A 25000 Iraqi dinar note will always be worth 25000 dinars period!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Here is what I don't understand about CBI, they have stated they want to RD the dinar, they have stated this for years. Now they knew they wanted to do this by 2010. You would think by now they would have banks organized, on line, people trained and ready to go, but they haven't, why? You see this seems to be a big part of the resistance from the financial committee. Because an RD does take organization, planning, educating and money to make it happen successfully. Shoot CBI is in four different buildings in Iraq.....I am scratching my head on this one.

The good news is this, the program is on hold. From this article I gather it may be on hold for a long time until the banking system is really on line. But they have to do something about it in the mean time, today, not yesterday. Hopefully something good can come from this, with inflation rising, and tariffs coming down the pike they need to figure out a way to bring the dinar up against the dollar. My thought is, they will be forced to pull the dinar in and release the dollar.Thereby a natural way to bring the dinar up. OR they are going to have to do a little RVing. Now I am no economist, there are many options opened to them. I may be seeing this to simply, but all in all, the situation at hand is good for us.

. . .

What I am hoping for is the CBI will be forced to look at other ways to save the dinar. There are other avenues they can follow. Avenues that I believe can benefit us as well as Iraq. It is time for Shabibi to take of his blinders, and see there is more than one way to skin a cat. IMO only.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz1uKCU4pSA

Zig, I think this is the ticket. If they continue to delay in raising the IQD against the USD there will be a mini rebellion. CBI has to do something to stop the inflation and secure the position among the nations. The tariffs are another of those upcoming difficulties to overcome with an RV. The RD has always been a debatable issue, but I think they have waited too long for them to effectively initiate the program.

(IMO many of the high officials in the GOI are the ones who are squirreling away the USD. Corruption from the view of the culprit "corruption," but is justifiably taking advantage of opportunity. Their reasoning is simple, had Allah not planned it, they would not be successful.)

• Upvote 1

The statement by Sector makes sense to me. A 25,000 dinar of "old" money retains the same value as 25 dinar of the "new" money. Eventually the old currency will be off the market or no longer valid. I was originally among the concerned that the RD would come first and we'd get a lot less in an RV. If I understand this correctly our cash in value should not be diminished by any Lop of 3 zeros.

The good news is this, the program is on hold. From this article I gather it may be on hold for a long time until the banking system is really on line. But they have to do something about it in the mean time, today, not yesterday. Hopefully something good can come from this, with inflation rising, and tariffs coming down the pike they need to figure out a way to bring the dinar up against the dollar. My thought is, they will be forced to pull the dinar in and release the dollar.Thereby a natural way to bring the dinar up. OR they are going to have to do a little RVing. Now I am no economist, there are many options opened to them. I may be seeing this to simply, but all in all, the situation at hand is good for us.

. . .

What I am hoping for is the CBI will be forced to look at other ways to save the dinar. There are other avenues they can follow. Avenues that I believe can benefit us as well as Iraq. It is time for Shabibi to take of his blinders, and see there is more than one way to skin a cat. IMO only.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz1uKCU4pSA

Zig, I think this is the ticket. If they continue to delay in raising the IQD against the USD there will be a mini rebellion. CBI has to do something to stop the inflation and secure the position among the nations. The tariffs are another of those upcoming difficulties to overcome with an RV. The RD has always been a debatable issue, but I think they have waited too long for them to effectively initiate the program.

(IMO many of the high officials in the GOI are the ones who are squirreling away the USD. Corruption from the view of the culprit "corruption," but is justifiably taking advantage of opportunity. Their reasoning is simple, had Allah not planned it, they would not be successful.)

I absolutely agree with you....you are on target.

Why do you keep bringing up the exchange rate (RV). I see you really don't understand what's going on.

This how it will play out. Its very simple.

1. CBI will start to issue the new currency with the lower denominations at the current exchange rate 1166 (deleting the zero's). Bank notes 5, 10, 25, 50 and 100. A 50 irqai dinar will be worth 50000 dinars x1000 this is the RD. Remember the exchange rate is still 1166. This will not effect the old currency.

2. Then the CBI will adjust the exchange rate (RV). I have NO CLUE when it will happen. So once the RV happens all currencies will carry there current face value new and old. The old currency will be good for 10 years.

You can keep giving out your misinformation about your made up word called LOP which everybody seems to have there own meaning.

A 25000 Iraqi dinar note will always be worth 25000 dinars period!

Ok, I think I see whats confusing you now.....when that "RV" happens after the redenomination, only the new currency is revalued......not all of it.....you can still trade in your old dinar for up to 10 years (from what they are saying) but when exchanging that 25k note down the road for USD, you will get the old value still (1166)

They will technically have two currencies and they will have different rates.....now if you wanted to exchange your old 25k note into NEW dinar, you would only get (1) NEW 25 note....

This is NOT what we want to happen....a RD is NOT what we want....I know the gurus make it sound oh so great but they are just doing their jobs....pump pump pump lol

you are mis-guided & mis-informed, but you got those 2 statements correct.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

The process of deleting the zeros announced by the central bank earlier, convert thousand dinars to one dinar, are not satisfied with a number of economists, the Iraqis, who believe that Iraq is not ready for operation at the present time, because it lacks the security and political stability as well as stability economy.

Sound and clear

Exactly in other words they are going to remove the dirty float soon to a managed float. Raise the value quite substantially but (sorry not an oakie rate)...enough to get the old dinar to start coming in. The reducing of the money

supply along with the continual increase of oil production output and foreign businesses coming in will raise the value of the dinar. Once Shabibi is happy with the rate, they will release the new currency. I think the 2nd date he gave (January of 2013) is more realistic...if the UN releases Iraq from CH 7 and they get the Govt together soon...they could start the small RV .06 cents or more July (hence the Tariffs being put back). There is so much information we

don't know...it's almost impossible to figure an initial rate. I believe the order will go (if everything works out perfectly lol) HCL/Govt Seated, release of ch 7, entrance to trade currency internationally, small RV...reduce money supply for 6 months appx....january 2013 lower denoms come out...set expiration on old notes to two years to pull in the rest of the money supply....last of the old notes pulled in after the expiration....possible free market...improve economy

next 5-10 years...3-4.00 to possibly knocking out Kuwait's dinar in value...

...best case scenario...if only we could see what they are hiding in their ledgers :(

Edited by Amos9:13

You can't have separate rates...in trading currency you are allowed (1) rate.

If you redenominate, you have TWO currencies....each can and normally are different rates.....

Just look at Turkey.....they had the Lira and then the NEW Lira when they redenominated.....the Lira had a rate of like 1.8 million to 1USD and the NEW Lira had a rate of about 1.8 to 1USD......

• Upvote 1

If you redenominate, you have TWO currencies....each can and normally are different rates.....

Just look at Turkey.....they had the Lira and then the NEW Lira when they redenominated.....the Lira had a rate of like 1.8 million to 1USD and the NEW Lira had a rate of about 1.8 to 1USD......

Do you happen to know how many years Turkey talked about RDing before executing?....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1