Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank pledges to raise the value of the dinar again

k98nights

I agree with easy's comments. IMO, they still have an eye on the amount of IQD that remains in circulation, especially that in the hands of speculators/investors (AKA, us). It's entirely possible that they'll do another round of incremental increase, perhaps even as high as 1000:1, in hopes that the speculators/investors (AKA, us) will throw in the towel and cash out. Given the relative ease with which they could implement an RD at any time, and haven't, I think we are watching them play a waiting game with us.

The good news for us is they're running out of time. WIth inflation on the rise, and their promises for a powerful IQD looking increasingly empty in the eyes of their own people, the pressure is on for them to do something more substantive, and soon. GO RV! :D

I don't see how Iraq will benefit if up the value to 1000 to 1. I'm sure people will give up but, with a currency not internationally traded how will it help. The only place to sell is other investors or sell back to the traders. It doesn't go back to Iraq. So the same amount is still here. They'll need to get the Dinar to a value which will be recognized internationally and then they can get it out of our hands and into the banking system/US reserves. The value also needs to be high enough so the Iraqi people will use the Dinar instead of the US Dollar. IMO it will come out close to 1.50 to 1. This will be high enough to have the Iraqi public change their dollars for Dinar and get us to cash in. I'm thinking if it comes out at 1:1, the Iraqi public still will not trust the Dinar to maintain the value. I'm still dreaming of an RI plus 20% = 3.86

Stay grounded, calm and be happy

Go RV/RI B)

• Upvote 2

I'm not reading this as anything to do with the RV, but rather other measures to get the street value back near 1166. Would love to be wrong!!! Like everyone else, I feel like my REAL life is on hold until this happens so I can retire with enough investment income to travel the world and PLAY GOLF instead of driving this #@%**& big rig.

Peace and Prosperity

I'm not reading this as anything to do with the RV, but rather other measures to get the street value back near 1166. Would love to be wrong!!! Like everyone else, I feel like my REAL life is on hold until this happens so I can retire with enough investment income to travel the world and PLAY GOLF instead of driving this #@%**& big rig.

Peace and Prosperity

Thats pretty much what this is....just a measure to control the rising exchange rate because of the continued demand for USD being smuggled and bought from auctions.......

Its not gonna be anything major.....the best we could see is probly an even 1000 to 1.....just baby steps.....any large movements in value will only make inflation worse!!

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 11

Thats pretty much what this is....just a measure to control the rising exchange rate because of the continued demand for USD being smuggled and bought from auctions.......

Its not gonna be anything major.....the best we could see is probly an even 1000 to 1.....just baby steps.....any large movements in value will only make inflation worse!!

I hear you Keep, have no idea about the negs just for posting an opinion.... Must be a personal thing, I could only take care of 1 so good luck... LOL. What happens, happens... There is no reason why they can't keep using the USD. :D

• Upvote 2

keep please explain then what that small increment will do to inflation my guess NOT much just like the 4 pip move inflation is going toward double digits then we have to ask ourselves what is the final outcome to stop inflation in its tracks and REDUCE it. This would only be temperary and a stalling tactic which evetnually will rise anyhow. With the RD on hold, I would presume something rather drastic would need to take place to battle all these woes Iraq faces, though I dont know how they will accomplish nor do i care as long as they get it done without an RD.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 7

And what century?

Ditto :blink:

I hear you Keep, have no idea about the negs just for posting an opinion.... Must be a personal thing, I could only take care of 1 so good luck... LOL. What happens, happens... There is no reason why they can't keep using the USD. :D

What he said could hurt Dinar Sales , thats why he got Nags, Some people have Summer Vacation to pay for, this is late April :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

After going back through some of the December articles from the IMF site, I believe it will be January when they have there next meeting on the regions countries. There was an article that caught my attention about it and it said the IMF would put everything on watch and discuss all issues, not just with Iraq, but all the countries in the region. You can find it on their site if you want to look at it. This is jmo though. I hope it RV's sooner than that. I am like all of the others on here and would like to be able to live a little more comfortable. GGGOOOO RRRRVVVVV. Please

keep please explain then what that small increment will do to inflation my guess NOT much just like the 4 pip move inflation is going toward double digits then we have to ask ourselves what is the final outcome to stop inflation in its tracks and REDUCE it. This would only be temperary and a stalling tactic which evetnually will rise anyhow. With the RD on hold, I would presume something rather drastic would need to take place to battle all these woes Iraq faces, though I dont know how they will accomplish nor do i care as long as they get it done without an RD.

Well just sticking with this article they arent even complaining about inflation.....just the lack of demand for the dinar because of the sanctions being posed on Iran and Syria....

This move wouldnt be for inflationary purposes although it COULD have an effect on inflation depending on how much they move it....the last 4 pip move wasnt for inflation either.....it was because these auctions starting selling more USD then what they were used too and it was getting to the point to where they would have to dip into the reserves to fill the orders. Hence all the new restrictions on the auctions themselves like having to go to a teller window to participate.

There are different ways to control rising inflation....unfortunately for us that means it doesnt mean they have to adjust the exchange rate to counter it......

The task of keeping the rate of inflation low and stable is usually given to monetary authorities. Generally, these monetary authorities are the central banks that control monetary policy through the setting of interest rates, through open market operations, and through the setting of banking reserve requirements.[11]

Also, inflation is caused by a growing money supply that is faster then the economy is growing.....basically meaning that they could help inflation by REDUCING the money supply.....but all they do is print more and more.....open market operations include the currency auctions...thats another way they keep the exchange rate and inflation stable but guess what threw a monkey wrench in that game?? Iran and Syria!!!

These sanctions on Iran/Syria are affecting Iraq and the dinars value bigtime.....Shabs has a big mess on his hands.....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Well just sticking with this article they arent even complaining about inflation.....just the lack of demand for the dinar because of the sanctions being posed on Iran and Syria....

This move wouldnt be for inflationary purposes although it COULD have an effect on inflation depending on how much they move it....the last 4 pip move wasnt for inflation either.....it was because these auctions starting selling more USD then what they were used too and it was getting to the point to where they would have to dip into the reserves to fill the orders. Hence all the new restrictions on the auctions themselves like having to go to a teller window to participate.

There are different ways to control rising inflation....unfortunately for us that means it doesnt mean they have to adjust the exchange rate to counter it......

The task of keeping the rate of inflation low and stable is usually given to monetary authorities. Generally, these monetary authorities are the central banks that control monetary policy through the setting of interest rates, through open market operations, and through the setting of banking reserve requirements.[11]

Also, inflation is caused by a growing money supply that is faster then the economy is growing.....basically meaning that they could help inflation by REDUCING the money supply.....but all they do is print more and more.....open market operations include the currency auctions...thats another way they keep the exchange rate and inflation stable but guess what threw a monkey wrench in that game?? Iran and Syria!!!

These sanctions on Iran/Syria are affecting Iraq and the dinars value bigtime.....Shabs has a big mess on his hands.....

I really question they are printing more dinar, as the print dates as far as I can tell stay at 2010.

I agree with Double R. Think about it, if inflation is due , even in part, to a higher value of the USD verses the IQD internally (perceived or otherwise) then in order to halt the inflation rate and increase the perceived value of Iraq's own money they would have to increase the value of their own funds so it challenges or over take the value of the USD. Anything less may simply slow the rate of inflation and not allow Iraq to impose tariffs which would allow it to support internal Iraqi industries and further strengthen its currency on the internal and international market.

• Upvote 1