Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BREAKING NEWS Maliki agrees on Iraqiya’s nominee for Defence Minister

JustNTime

this is from the news hound site. not sure how some may feel about this. but here it is. if true, this means that the rv is upon us.

Posted: March 19, 2012 </H2>19/03/2012 22:41:00

Maliki Agrees on Iraqiya's nominee for Defense Minister

Baghdad (NINA) – Informed source said that Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has agreed on a nominee presented by Iraqiya slate for the post of Minister of Defence.

The source, who refused to be identified, told NINA on Monday, Mar. 19, that Maliki has agreed on one of the nominees presented earlier by Iraqiya slate to hold the post of Minister of Defence and he will sent his name to Parliament to be voted on in its next.

It is worth mentioning that the post of Defence Minister, is to be nominated by Iraqiya slate, but Maliki had rejected a number of nominees presented by Iraqiya.

The name of the nominee for the post of Defence Minister has not been announced.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

BREAKING NEWS Maliki agrees on Iraqiya’s nominee for Defence Minister

19/03/2012 22:41:00

Baghdad (NINA) – Informed source said that Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has agreed on a nominee presented by Iraqiya slate for the post of Minister of Defence.

The source, who refused to be identified, told NINA on Monday, Mar. 19, that Maliki has agreed on one of the nominees presented earlier by Iraqiya slate to hold the post of Minister of Defence and he will sent his name to Parliament to be voted on in its next.

It is worth mentioning that the post of Defence Minister, is to be nominated by Iraqiya slate, but Maliki had rejected a number of nominees presented by Iraqiya.

The name of the nominee for the post of Defence Minister has not been announced. / End.

http://www.ninanews....?ar95_VQ=FKIEGE

"in the next"

Does that mean tomorrow? :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LOL! we must have been posting at the same time. +1 to you my friend.

here is my take. if malike has accepted iraqiya's nominee for d.minister this means that the candidate was selected by none other than allawi. this then means that allawi is in position. this then means that erbil is in place. this then means that once officially announced that the goi is complete. shabibi will push the red button. this then happens before the arab summit.

i'm literally about to lose control of all functions right now. ohmy.gif

• Upvote 14

I really don't think it means anything. The CBI will add value to the dinar when they are ready. Maliki has been defense min for the last 2 years. Chapter 7 and HCL are what we're really looking for.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 7

I'm with you on this one, Zig. Maliki is catching on that he has to stop his holdups to progress. He didn't seem to think so for quite a while, but I think someone much bigger than he is has made it clear to him that he won't be around long if he can't get the job done now. We are sooooo close, and I think Malki would be in a heap of trouble if he started holding things up again. The Big Boys are in town now. Either that or they have Maliki's number, and one of them gave him a call.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the article, JT, I was looking for it!

I'm going to predict the new defense minister will be Khalid al-Obeidi. He was nominated last May and accepted as candidate by all the blocks.

According to Bondlady, Allawi nominated Obeidi, and when Maliki agreed, Allawi withdrew the nomination.

Now, I'm not sure if that's true but I'm inclined to trust BL's analysis of it. Back when the Call Squad was together, they had a lot of good things to say about Obeidi, and were sure he'd be the one chosen for the job.

Here's an old C*****y N*******d article:

Iraq political blocs agree on Obeidi’s nomination for Def. Minister; Vote expected early June

Posted: May 19, 2011 in Iraqi Dinar/Politics

Tags: Iraq 0

Agreement to provide for the strange and Yasiri Parliament of the interior, national security and defense instead of al-Obeidi al-Dulaimi

Palm – reveal the source of a parliamentary early, Wednesday, that the political blocs have agreed on the nomination of Khalid al-Obeidi of the Ministry of Defence, saying that Maliki will Obeidi with candidates for the ministries of interior and national security to vote on them in a special session will be held early next June, while the eye of the Iraqi List to a political movement to resolve the File security ministries as soon as possible.

The source said during a media statement that the political blocs agreed during the meetings held in the capital Baghdad during the past few days under the auspices of a Kurdish, a candidate list for the Iraqi Ministry of Defense Khalid al-Obeidi, rather tired of the candidate of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, Saadoun al-Dulaimi.

The source, who asked not to be identified, said Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki will Obeidi Marchiha with the Ministries of Interior and Tawfiq al-homeland security Riad Ghraib to vote on them in a special session will be held early next June.

Prior to the Iraqi list that revealed, in the third of last April, the withdrawal of its candidate for the Ministry of Defence tired Khalid al-Obeidi his candidacy from the office, likely to be his decision because of the lack of agreed upon within the list.

For his part, said a spokesman for the Iraqi List, Haider Mulla: The agreements Irbil confirmed that the candidate and the Department of Defense share of the Iraqi List and the National Alliance of the right to acceptance or rejection, stressing that it makes no sense to keep the security ministries vacant after a year and a half on the parliamentary elections.

And asserted that there is a movement politically and attempts to contain the crisis, the security ministries and the implementation of the agreements in Erbil as soon as possible, pointing out that the political blocs agreed on the candidates getting the security ministries on national consensus, independent and professional.

Mullah stressed that the list of nominees for sticking to the Iraqi Ministry of Defense, pointing out that the door to dialogue is open to everyone to agree on a candidate to file the resolution of the security ministries.

The head of the House of Representatives Osama Nujaifi announced during a press conference, the fifth of May current, the names of the candidates of the security ministries are all of Saadoun al-Dulaimi, who currently serves as Minister of Culture of the Ministry of Defense, and Tawfiq al for the National Coalition for the Interior Ministry, Riad Ghraib for the National Alliance Also, national security, stressing that it will be discussed and be listed on the agenda of the Council.

And considered the leader of Iraq’s Ayad Allawi was considered in an interview earlier that the Maliki government is working in a confidential manner by sending the names of the candidates of the security ministries to Parliament, and in affirming that the withdrawal of its list of the political process in the event of Maliki’s insistence on the candidates, he noted that Maliki’s concern for the national partnership because the political process is not the property of the owners, but are for the Iraqi people

The Kurdistan Alliance said earlier, that the House of Representatives decided to postpone the vote on the candidates, al-Maliki’s security ministries after the weekend and the first legislative term, which ends mid-June because of differences between Iraq and the rule of law, stressing that an initiative Kurdish for the collection of al-Maliki, Allawi in Erbil to resolve those differences, while pointed out that the United States is putting pressure to resolve the file security ministries.

She stressed the Iraqi List, confirmed, on the fifth of May now, bags that security may not be according to the desire of the Commander in Chief of the armed forces, Nouri al-Maliki, as if the other blocks have no opinion on the subject, indicating that these nominations “not serious” and there are stalling to keep these files However, al-Maliki by proxy, as confirmed Iraqi National List in 20 of last April, the National Partnership in the joints of the Supreme State and subsequent positions of deputy ministers and advisers have not been realized until now, criticizing the lack of consensus on the minister of security, as well as failure to combat corruption, which will draw the Iraq crisis consecutive prevent any development in the country, calling for a meeting of leaders of political blocs to develop a road map of the National Reform.

And spin differences between the Iraqi List and the National Coalition on the nomination of candidates for office security vacancies in the government, was identified as the Iraqi List, the uniqueness of Maliki’s nomination of candidates is a repudiation of the Agreement on Irbil, which gave the Iraqi list the full right according to the political consensus that oozes from it deems appropriate for the post of defense minister, confirmed that it would refuse to vote on candidates Maliki categorically.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dnahrain%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3Dbh9%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&twu=1&u=http://www.nakhelnews.com/pages/news.php%3Fnid%3D8059&usg=ALkJrhhCRcKpH43oubdRfpHBBd_PxWiSjg

• Upvote 2

i respect your argument my friend and see your point. shabibi CAN rv anytime he gets ready but the timing makes all the difference in the world. if the currency is rv'd under a dictatoral government instead of a democratic government, the value of the currency will be to the dictator. the imf is opposed to this. the type of government in place when it rv's is just as important as the rv. shabibi will not rv the currency until a proper government is seated. the last component to this government being properly seated is 1) erbil (power sharing) 2) defense . the defense comes under the authority and power of ncsp which is reserved for allawi. once we see the defense ministers seated, we have a fully completed goi.

my friend this means EVERYTHING. biggrin.gif

You're killing it in this thread, Trinity! Keep it up!! :twothumbs::tiphat:

• Upvote 1

LOL! we must have been posting at the same time. +1 to you my friend.

here is my take. if malike has accepted iraqiya's nominee for d.minister this means that the candidate was selected by none other than allawi. this then means that allawi is in position. this then means that erbil is in place. this then means that once officially announced that the goi is complete. shabibi will push the red button. this then happens before the arab summit.

i'm literally about to lose control of all functions right now. ohmy.gif

I agree Trinity!

This IS the BIGGEST NEWS we been waiting on. tip_hat.gif

A defense minister, which will fulfill a fully seated gov't. eyebrows.gif

I think this is all Shabibi has been waiting on is for Maliki to share power and not be a dictator.

The IL gave him a choice of 3 to choose from about a month ago. I bet it is one of them.

Does anybody know if Parliament met today or the next time they are meeting? unsure.gif

• Upvote 1