Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRAQ CHAPTER 7 TO END IN 2012

Cha-Ching: Meaning:

The sound that a cash register makes when its drawer is closed after money has been put inside. Used in conversation to indicate that the person being spoken about is going to or already has made quite a profit at little expense.

• Upvote 2

On a conference call tonight, Scooter addressed this. He said yes, they can RV and still be under sanctions, but the UN, World Bank, IMF, and the WTO would not like it, and would make their activities in the international markets almost impossible. Iraq needs, not required, to be out of Chapter 7 and then RV in order to stay in the good graces of the above entities. Without compliance, they are will not be what they would like to be in the world.

Thanks for the post. Like many others I greatly appreciate what Scooter provides. Can you please PM me and let me know where Scooter does his conference calls? Thanks in advance

We need to pray that the civil unrest doesn't blockade these final days. Cool heads need to prevail. Lifting the sanctions with the establishing of the HCL can happen in a period of a couple of hours. Things are going well and meetings are scheduled. Looks like Santa is in the sled, sack loaded with goodies ($$), and the rain deer are prancing.

Hey, I can hear the sleigh bells ringing. Christmas is going to be bright!!!

• Upvote 4

I am not sure of the exact amount, but if you cashed in a boatload of dinar, you are required to pay your taxes quarterly. That means if you cashed in a large amount in December 2011, your taxes would be due March 30, 2012.

Maybe someone knows the amount required for quarterly filing.

Hi Carrello... Quarterly taxes are paid in the year they're owed. Basically, they're estimated taxes, typically for the self-employed... Since there is no witholding, as if you were an employee... you estimate your tax liability for the quarter and send it in. There is not an exact amount... it is simply estimated by yourself, or accountant. If you owe more at the end of the year... you pay the difference... or get a refund if you overpaid. If we cash-in any amount this year, it will simply be taxed and due as part of 2011 taxes, due 4/15/12. Any amounts, either in full, or portions, cashed out in 2012... are again reported and taxed for that year. You COULD send in payments in advance (a good idea, to get it over with!)... but, you could also wait until tax day 2013 (unless they pass a special law for us!). Hope that helped! :)

On a conference call tonight, Scooter addressed this. He said yes, they can RV and still be under sanctions, but the UN, World Bank, IMF, and the WTO would not like it, and would make their activities in the international markets almost impossible. Iraq needs, not required, to be out of Chapter 7 and then RV in order to stay in the good graces of the above entities. Without compliance, they are will not be what they would like to be in the world.

Well now I'm confused on the payback stuff because why wouldn't they just just pay Kuwait with brand new uncirculated 25,000 dinar notes that in an RV would come out to what is actaully owed and the Kuwaits too can get paid in Digital monies????? Wouldn't that be the easiest and quickest way to settle that account? As far as missing artifacts and person's go, what if during the course of the war all of that stuff honestly gone blown to smitherines and/or stolen (artifacts) and the Iraqi's are not able to produce what the Kuwaits are wanting? Will it become a standoff for all eternity? What then I ask? :unsure:

Hi Carrello... Quarterly taxes are paid in the year they're owed. Basically, they're estimated taxes, typically for the self-employed... Since there is no witholding, as if you were an employee... you estimate your tax liability for the quarter and send it in. There is not an exact amount... it is simply estimated by yourself, or accountant. If you owe more at the end of the year... you pay the difference... or get a refund if you overpaid. If we cash-in any amount this year, it will simply be taxed and due as part of 2011 taxes, due 4/15/12. Any amounts, either in full, or portions, cashed out in 2012... are again reported and taxed for that year. You COULD send in payments in advance (a good idea, to get it over with!)... but, you could also wait until tax day 2013 (unless they pass a special law for us!). Hope that helped! :)

Thank you, and I stand corrected. B)

I am glad we have someone that knows their taxes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

IRAQS CHAPTER 7 TO END IN 2012

Enlarge font

The independent Iraqi news agency / Baghdad / p. Attorney-G … by Yasser Ghazi Yasiri for a coalition of state law, predicted that the Iraq out of Chapter VII in 2012 after the completion of its sovereignty the end of the exit of U.S. forces this year.

Yasiri said in an exclusive interview with the reporter (and independent Iraqi news agency) that most countries were wary of removing Iraq from Chapter VII. Sovereignty being compromised because of the presence of U.S. troops in it. Indicating that after the departure of the troops there would be no excuse not to get Iraq out of this item.

He added that today Yasiri the most suitable time for serious action from the government and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in cooperation with the Council of Representatives. To remove Iraq from Chapter VII of the country in order to deal independently with the treaties and international conventions without the intervention of the United Nations.

He explained that Iraq is in dire need to get out of this item unjust to his people, sovereignty, and sovereignty is incomplete to complete the construction and development of his abilities.

http://www.forexworldsite.com/

"predicted that the Iraq out of Chapter VII in 2012. Could be any time in 2012 by the way it reads. Hope it's 2011 like everyone else.

Thank you, and I stand corrected. B)

I am glad we have someone that knows their taxes.

Haha... I don't know them beyond my means! It's just that I've been self-employed my entire life! But, considering the complexity of the darned tax codes... we'll all be standing by waiting to find out exactly what our options will be. Let's just know, it will be a good thing regardless!!! :)

I enjoy your posts, Ms. Carrello! :)

Well now I'm confused on the payback stuff because why wouldn't they just just pay Kuwait with brand new uncirculated 25,000 dinar notes that in an RV would come out to what is actaully owed and the Kuwaits too can get paid in Digital monies????? Wouldn't that be the easiest and quickest way to settle that account? As far as missing artifacts and person's go, what if during the course of the war all of that stuff honestly gone blown to smitherines and/or stolen (artifacts) and the Iraqi's are not able to produce what the Kuwaits are wanting? Will it become a standoff for all eternity? What then I ask? :unsure:

I do not have a clue about what they would pay Kuwai witht. I would assume, due to the amounts, it is digital. It is the amount, 18 B, and not the method of payment at this point.

300 bodies that are missing will probably never be returned. It has been too long. The artifacts that are missing, as I recall, there were some that were returned not long ago, six months maybe. If there were another stash that were available, and not in hiding, so to speak, I would think they would be returned.

The big issue are the borders and the oil drilling that is going on there. It is so intertwined that they are talking of establishing oil funds to share the pot, according to Scooter. Perhaps someone else can add to this story.

Hopefully, and timing would seem to be indicating, that Maliki's immient visit to Kuwait, would be to settle these open issues. Otheriwise they are stuck in sanctions.

IMHO, all of the opens issues with Kuwait can have agreements and carried into the future, except for the border issues. That must be settled. IMHO.

One side note: Scooter indicated that the Smart Cards program that Iraq has instituted, is the most sophisticated system in the world. World. From one card, you can manage not only your cash in the bank, but your pension fund, health insurance, etc, and hundreds of thousands of cards have been distributed at this point to heads of households.

Got to love that Scooter! B)

• Upvote 1

IRAQS CHAPTER 7 TO END IN 2012

Enlarge font

The independent Iraqi news agency / Baghdad / p. Attorney-G … by Yasser Ghazi Yasiri for a coalition of state law, predicted that the Iraq out of Chapter VII in 2012 after the completion of its sovereignty the end of the exit of U.S. forces this year.

Yasiri said in an exclusive interview with the reporter (and independent Iraqi news agency) that most countries were wary of removing Iraq from Chapter VII. Sovereignty being compromised because of the presence of U.S. troops in it. Indicating that after the departure of the troops there would be no excuse not to get Iraq out of this item.

He added that today Yasiri the most suitable time for serious action from the government and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in cooperation with the Council of Representatives. To remove Iraq from Chapter VII of the country in order to deal independently with the treaties and international conventions without the intervention of the United Nations.

He explained that Iraq is in dire need to get out of this item unjust to his people, sovereignty, and sovereignty is incomplete to complete the construction and development of his abilities.

http://www.forexworldsite.com/

Tony, thank you, thank you, thank you! :):) :) :) :) :)

I'M COOL WITH 2012, WOULD RATHER IT HAPPEN NOW, MY WIFE HAS A BIRTHDAY BEHIND CHRISTMAS, AND MY GRANDSON HAS HIS BIRTHDAY THE DAY BEFORE. WOE IS ME. SO GO RV! :blink:

If all you have to worry about are birthday gifts, you are a lucky person. Many would like to have a roof over their head so they can have a birthday party, bake a birthday cake, and a trash can they can throw the birthday wrapping paper in.

• Upvote 1

I do not have a clue about what they would pay Kuwai witht. I would assume, due to the amounts, it is digital. It is the amount, 18 B, and not the method of payment at this point.

300 bodies that are missing will probably never be returned. It has been too long. The artifacts that are missing, as I recall, there were some that were returned not long ago, six months maybe. If there were another stash that were available, and not in hiding, so to speak, I would think they would be returned.

The big issue are the borders and the oil drilling that is going on there. It is so intertwined that they are talking of establishing oil funds to share the pot, according to Scooter. Perhaps someone else can add to this story.

Hopefully, and timing would seem to be indicating, that Maliki's immient visit to Kuwait, would be to settle these open issues. Otheriwise they are stuck in sanctions.

IMHO, all of the opens issues with Kuwait can have agreements and carried into the future, except for the border issues. That must be settled. IMHO.

One side note: Scooter indicated that the Smart Cards program that Iraq has instituted, is the most sophisticated system in the world. World. From one card, you can manage not only your cash in the bank, but your pension fund, health insurance, etc, and hundreds of thousands of cards have been distributed at this point to heads of households.

Great post, couldn't have said it better!!!!!

Edited by Stryker365

I'M COOL WITH 2012, WOULD RATHER IT HAPPEN NOW, MY WIFE HAS A BIRTHDAY BEHIND CHRISTMAS, AND MY GRANDSON HAS HIS BIRTHDAY THE DAY BEFORE. WOE IS ME. SO GO RV! blink.gif

We've got a great discussion going here about possible timelines and you are navel gazing. Very odd. blink.gif

Sorry, I don't mean to pick on you, I just don't get it! The world's in the worse financial straights in generations and your worried about your wifes birthday present.

I should have just sat on my hands, but come on!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Expect an official announcement when Maliki meets with Obama next week at the WH. This coincides with Obama declaring the Iraq War officially over. This paves the way for RV any time after Christmas or New Year's. What a great way to welcome in 2012.

I'm thinking the same thing. It's at the start of the week. The behind the scene stuff can go online over the weekend. The Iraqi's work week begins on what we consider Sunday and would give the people the fullest part of a week to start dealing with banks etc. Gives O the great press of announcing Iraq is soverign again. I'm lookin for next week to perhaps be THE announcement.

Let's RV before Christmas.......... That might be the second best Christmas gift ever givenwink.gif

Luigi,

Yes, I read an article yesterday that said on the 13th President Obama and his (lack of fashion) Wife are having the celebration ceremony at the White House, Maliki in attendance.

(lack of fashion) did I say that out loud, sorry that part wasn't said.......I guess I've just heard it so many times from my wife it slipped out, anyway

they call this a speculation for a reason so I'm going to throw this out..............Santa is taking Mr M to Kuwait today by "force if necessary" to sign a promissory Christmas Wish List to get all their problems solved...making the UN kids very happy....and then its off to see "you know who" at the WH as Luigi puts it.......now on the way Mr M drops a few presents off at Iran.......no they don't land.....he drops them from the slay dummy...some good old fashion booms.....taking out our property we lost and some raving nut called Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and some guy named Sadr.......he was later IDed by his big L on is forehead and the letters DA stuck to the back of his jacket he was wearing,.....WOW..got kinda carried away with that part, sorry.......I got to be careful my 6 year old boys helping with this.....the spelling that is..........NO he's not helping I don't like him using the words like Obama..come on!!......Now where was I.. oh!! as they were about 25,000 ft over the Atlantic Santa has a hart to hart talk with Mr M about his personal thoughts on how to make sure Iraq becomes the leading country in the Middle East..as this is going on, all the reindeer are talking about their plans to go on the Disney Cruise after their dash around the world in a few weeks.......I need to end this story I got research to do........fast forward...Mr M talks in front of Congress on the 12th...RV...Celebration @ WH on the 13th..Chapter VII released and celebration at the US Embassy on the 15th..............and everyone has the best Christmas EVER!!!!!!! The End Wait, did I mention the RV tongue.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.gif

You may wonder where I get my info, it was from a Elf, his name is Okie The-Elf-Man, lol.....have a great day everyone

Disclaimer; this was all written in fun and all the names were changed to protect their identity. wink.gif

Dude, LMAO!!!!!

Thanks

Speaking in regards of their neighbor Kuwait.... Why would Kuwait look to suppress them from getting out of Ch. 7?

This sort of dawned on me, as I got to thinking, "Why wouldn't they look to build a better relationship as they release them from Ch. 7 to increase trading of goods which will help their economy as they continue to re-build their infastructure to help increase their crude pumping & exporting?"

They obviously will receive the 5% off the top, so Kuwait should be thinking, let's get them to pump more crude so we can get our reparations faster.

Time value of money, money is worth more today than a year from now.. (They must factor in interest, lol)

• Upvote 2

I'm thinking the same thing. It's at the start of the week. The behind the scene stuff can go online over the weekend. The Iraqi's work week begins on what we consider Sunday and would give the people the fullest part of a week to start dealing with banks etc. Gives O the great press of announcing Iraq is soverign again. I'm lookin for next week to perhaps be THE announcement.

Let's RV before Christmas.......... That might be the second best Christmas gift ever givenwink.gif

Dude, LMAO!!!!!

Thanks

Yea Mak63, but when my wife got up and read it...then hit me in the head for the fashion comment, oh well not the first time. :o

Thats what happens when you get up at 4am....have a pot of coffee...... then start posting. :)

Glad you liked it, I sure needed a self induced laugh this morning to break the RV waiting game!!!!

Edited by Stryker365

Dude, LMAO!!!!!

Thanks

We will see who is still laughing in November 2012.

Speaking in regards of their neighbor Kuwait.... Why would Kuwait look to suppress them from getting out of Ch. 7?

This sort of dawned on me, as I got to thinking, "Why wouldn't they look to build a better relationship as they release them from Ch. 7 to increase trading of goods which will help their economy as they continue to re-build their infastructure to help increase their crude pumping & exporting?"

They obviously will receive the 5% off the top, so Kuwait should be thinking, let's get them to pump more crude so we can get our reparations faster.

Time value of money, money is worth more today than a year from now.. (They must factor in interest, lol)

There is a post this morning by author, John Daly, asking the question if the two countries would go to war. I am thinking not so much. I would be generous in saying this author knows nothing of the current atmosphere.

Iraq and kuwait still have not achieved mandates for border demarcation. Dont forget about the mega clash over the port of mubarak. i would think the un would want to see resolve or at least an agreement before they release iraq from ch7. So if maliki comes back from kuwait with that settled it will look very promising.

• Upvote 2

Around here I have learned to sit back read the chat and then look on the net for assurance. I sure don't want to rain on any ones parade let alone my own. But, "HopefulTxn" makes sense in that Kuait and Iran both have trump cards over Iraq. Iran in particular would have no reason to say oh sure go ahead and RV, the fact that you still things to do for us who cares? WE DO, Kuwait would say. :rolleyes:

Around here I have learned to sit back read the chat and then look on the net for assurance. I sure don't want to rain on any ones parade let alone my own. But, "HopefulTxn" makes sense in that Kuait and Iran both have trump cards over Iraq. Iran in particular would have no reason to say oh sure go ahead and RV, the fact that you still things to do for us who cares? WE DO, Kuwait would say. :rolleyes:

I don't get it. Can you expound, please.