Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

NOW WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS MEAN The uncertainty of regional impact on the value of the dinar against the dollar

The unstable situation in the region led to increased demand for the dollar, which led to the rise in price against the Iraqi dinar""

I take this to mean, that because our troops left, Iraq is now "unstable" and people don't have confidence in the situation, so they are wanting US dollars. There may have been a run on the banks to get US dollars, so the CBI had to inject more dollars into their system. That made the "value" (haha) of their dinar go even lower compared to the dollar. Nobody wanted dinar, they wanted dollars!

Not good, except that maybe they will increase the dinar value to get people to trust it and switch to dinar instead of dollars!

I would think they would make the dinar equal the dollar now to make people have confidence in Iraq and the dinar.

or,

"The unstable situation in the region" could refer to the forced abdications of Sadam and Sons.

"led to increased demand for the dollar", could have been due to the search for a safe haven currency in anticipation of a devalued Dinar.

"which led to the rise in price against the Iraqi dinar", which happend thru the devaluation.

Edited by Moses
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The unstable situation in the region led to increased demand for the dollar, which led to the rise in price against the Iraqi dinar""

I take this to mean, that because our troops left, Iraq is now "unstable" and people don't have confidence in the situation, so they are wanting US dollars. There may have been a run on the banks to get US dollars, so the CBI had to inject more dollars into their system. That made the "value" (haha) of their dinar go even lower compared to the dollar. Nobody wanted dinar, they wanted dollars!

Not good, except that maybe they will increase the dinar value to get people to trust it and switch to dinar instead of dollars!

I would think they would make the dinar equal the dollar now to make people have confidence in Iraq and the dinar.

I think the dollar is their starting point. They have to. However, they knew that, CBI, they are not stupid. The people have depended on the dollar, the dinar has to go there for starters or else chaos. The dinar goes to a dollar, they understand. Also remember the dollar is soaring against other currencies. That is why the dinar has fallen. So what's a country going to do?

And you have to wonder why has Gold and Silver fallen like a lead balloon? And the dollar soared like an eagle into the sky? Why?

• Upvote 1

Something else just hit me...our leaving means we put 100.000 Iraqis out of work. They were getting paid by out government, not theirs. OOPS! Nice planning Iraq. They are such children. blink.gif

This is not Iraq's plan, this is the USA's plan.... now we forcing their hand since they wanted to sit on the pot! Yes, children they are, and the US is manipulating them as so.

• Upvote 3

This is not Iraq's plan, this is the USA's plan.... now we forcing their hand since they wanted to sit on the pot! Yes, children they are, and the US is manipulating them as so.

Just a thought. It seems to me I have heard so much about the US going down, but I have to wonder about that. It seems to me the US has just started it's engines.

• Upvote 2

I'm sure Shabibi is a gifted financial mind, but I think that they dropped the ball and did not factor in what the troops leaving would do to their economy. They have been selling US dollars pulling in Dinar relentlessly for a long time. Now the military has pulled out so fast that it has created a vacuum in the private sector. That has made the Iraqi's worry and they are making a run for US dollars and there are none. This is exactly what we want. The CBI will be forced to move on the dinar in order to restore confidence.

Maybe they did know what they were doing (the author's of the plan). Learn the hard way and adapt. They weren't always using dollars

This is why I love DV! You guys are AWESOME!!!

LOL. You think we're awesome now, HA, just wait till after this thing RV's.... We'll be in rare form, baby!

On a critique of recent news, too much "happening" for this not to come to some kind of conclusion. Something is bound to happen.... SOON!

I'm aware that the obvious has been stated in regards to this quote: "The unstable situation in the region led to increased demand for the dollar, which led to the rise in price against the Iraqi dinar".

But it's just too pertinent to pass up by chiming in that "Shab's and company know exactly how to counteract that 'rise in price' against the dinar".

Folks, can you feel it? I can too. 4+ years of this, and right now is the most exhausted that I've felt. C'mon Iraq. Do it for you. We just are riding your coattails.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/95789-now-what-the-heck-does-this-mean-the-uncertainty-of-regional-impact-on-the-value-of-the-dinar-against-the-dollar/page__st__20#ixzz1gl6ObfB3

Spot on +1 sirlep33. Iraq can not do squat without being released from chap 7. US, France, UK, Russia, and China - what do they have in common? They are all bigtime players in the rebuilding of Iraq. Oh, and they also are the 5 permanent members of the UN Security Council, any one of whom can prevent the chap 7 release with one simple veto on the vote. Do you think each country has cut some big deals with Iraq? Do you think each country holds a significant amount of dinars?

M came over here to beg for release from chap 7. He got his a$$ chewed by Obama, Moon, and probably a bunch of other folks. IMHO they told him to get his act together, get what is left to be done finished, and RV very, very soon, or else they would never see the light of day from the sanctions of Chap7.

No links, bash if you will, but this is IMHO and I think they will comply very soon. It won't take long for them to collapse without chap 7 release.

• Upvote 2

With the U.S. gone, you would expect a flurry of activity. I'm just not sure all that activity means anything for us. Because we have a vested interest, we are following obsessively the smallest of details of building a country. All of this may just be very normal process at this stage. As many have said, predicting an RV is really not possible.

• Upvote 1

Something else just hit me...our leaving means we put 100.000 Iraqis out of work. They were getting paid by out government, not theirs. OOPS! Nice planning Iraq. They are such children. blink.gif

Nice Point Mcuman ! ;)

(The GOI's Response In Yoda's Voice)

Hmmmmmm, Big Dummies We Are !

:D :D :D

• Upvote 2

Spot on +1 sirlep33. Iraq can not do squat without being released from chap 7. US, France, UK, Russia, and China - what do they have in common? They are all bigtime players in the rebuilding of Iraq. Oh, and they also are the 5 permanent members of the UN Security Council, any one of whom can prevent the chap 7 release with one simple veto on the vote. Do you think each country has cut some big deals with Iraq? Do you think each country holds a significant amount of dinars?

M came over here to beg for release from chap 7. He got his a$$ chewed by Obama, Moon, and probably a bunch of other folks. IMHO they told him to get his act together, get what is left to be done finished, and RV very, very soon, or else they would never see the light of day from the sanctions of Chap7.

No links, bash if you will, but this is IMHO and I think they will comply very soon. It won't take long for them to collapse without chap 7 release.

Thank You Wpsmit smile.gif You Hit The Nail On The Head! IMHO

Sirlep You Too! biggrin.gif

Edited by Maggie123

I'm sure Shabibi is a gifted financial mind, but I think that they dropped the ball and did not factor in what the troops leaving would do to their economy. They have been selling US dollars pulling in Dinar relentlessly for a long time. Now the military has pulled out so fast that it has created a vacuum in the private sector. That has made the Iraqi's worry and they are making a run for US dollars and there are none. This is exactly what we want. The CBI will be forced to move on the dinar in order to restore confidence.

This is true. Thing is, the troops are rolling out with DINAR, know it is going to RV soon and they can cash in.

Mak63

And you have to wonder why has Gold and Silver fallen like a lead balloon? And the dollar soared like an eagle into the sky? Why?

Europe being screwed up and folks having to make margin calls. They are selling their gold/silver and gold/silver ETF's thus those PM's dropping.

Mak63

This is true. Thing is, the troops are rolling out with DINAR, know it is going to RV soon and they can cash in.

Mak63

No their not, in June the order came out that they would not be able to leave with dinar, be sure you know your facts before posting

It is not called cash in, it is called exchange to be correct..

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No their not, in June the order came out that they would not be able to leave with dinar, be sure you know your facts before posting

It is not called cash in, it is called exchange to be correct..

I have a cousin who came back in Feb and brought Dinar back. That is where I got my comment from. If an order was issued subsequent to that, then I stand corrected.

12/16/2011 | (Voice of Iraq) - Add Comment - The Iraqi Central Bank Governor appearance in favor of the bank continued to pump foreign currency to the currency markets in the country comes to the withdrawal of liquidity and the preservation of the dinar exchange rate and financing of business operations to private sector companies. Salih said In a statement to the newspaper "Sabah" The unstable situation in the region led to increased demand for the dollar, which led to the rise in price against the Iraqi dinar. and feed the amounts that range from the Central Bank of the Iraqi currency markets between 150 and 180 million dollars a day, according to World Bank President.

MEANS NOTHING! JMHO

Read more: http://www.sotaliraq...5#ixzz1gkBSErcT