Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Our True Enemies lay to the North of Us-Canada

Tiffany23

Jackie Gleason!!!!! I take everything I posted back(maybe-lol),one of the pure geniuses of comedy. Wait scratch that Canada also gave us Martin Short................ughhhhhhhhhh.

... and I thought Shab meant Wayne Gretzky... or was that the other "great one", Mark Levin... no, he's American... WAIT... Dudley Do-right!!! Yea... that's the ticket!!! No... that's Jon Lovitz, another Yankee.... hmmm.... Second City TV!!! Now... they're the masterminds behind this whole invasion!!!! :lol:

Awwww shucks! The gig is up! rolleyes.gif My father was bred in one of dem der super duper hockey playun camp thingy's and snuck across da bordur eh, unto Minneeeesssooootttta! Frum dar iz ezey tu pull da wool undurware ovar da iyz uv awl dem sleeping Americans doen't ya know! wink.gif Smee is our fearluss leadur!blush.gif I will probublee get ice time for tellun yu! unsure.gif

LMAO Tiff... guud stuff eh!!!laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by RodandStaff

I having a great laugh right now. It looks like the plan has been unearthed!

Part of our master plan is to send you bands like Nickelback. They will lull you into a sense of disgust until your puking! Then we'll march in the heavy hitters like Justin Beiber to really finish off whoever's still standing!

It's all coming together! Hail Canada!!!

hahahahahahahahahahaa Ok now that just playing to dirty. hahahahahahaaaaaa

Some of my best friends are from up North...I got my undergraduate degrees in London, Ontario.

I love you guys! Just about the friendliest people in the world....not counting Smee of course!

love u GF! :hug:

Tiff ... I got two of my three degrees at Northwestern and spent a year at their medical school as a test patient ... many years ago. It helped me to get through the school 'cause the money wasn't bad. But sleeping for a year in a hospital every night? That might account for a lot. (Turns out I have something in my blood that is rare and they took advantage of my need for an education by offering me a free year. hahahahaha)

Thanks for the "kind" thoughts and words about Canada, guys. I really appreciate it. And I must say it is a good thing we Canadian Geese have a good sense of humour or you might just find us opening up all the dams and letting all the fresh water flow south and drown you guys out! We can be vicious too. hahahahahaha

Later

:)

smee2

Some of my best friends are from up North...I got my undergraduate degrees in London, Ontario.

I love you guys! Just about the friendliest people in the world....not counting Smee of course!

love u GF! emot-hug.gif

Tiffany23... You Got Me Good!!! blush.gifrolleyes.gifblush.gif

A friend once told me that the word "gullible" was not in the dictionary... I had to look it up to see if that was true. unsure.gif

You are Funny and Brilliant, I'm Glad You Are Here Dear biggrin.gif You keep us on our toes!

Tiff and Smee2

I don't know about most of the others but I love to drive through the northern area of Canada Yukon, Northwest territory, northern BC and most of the rest of Canada, now Quebec is a little strange being french, but what the heck we are a little strange in Alaska too. Tiff great read really enjoyed it. Love the Canadians they always treat me well and I always treat them well also. Like everywhere there are always some bad apples and I don't let that bother me.

Think again Grasshopper ... Canada's biggest contribution to the world is that gooey stuff that trees leak, Quebeckers harvest, and the world pours over their pancakes ... Maple Syrup! Runner up was Poutine but that is not nearly as describable as maple syrup ... basically french fries drowned in imitation chemical tasitng gravy with cheese curds dumped on them. The real stuff is great but you won't get the real stuff in most places. too bad, so sad.

"Poutine" are we aloud to say that here?.............wait thats poon tang,my bad-lol

... and I thought Shab meant Wayne Gretzky... or was that the other "great one", Mark Levin... no, he's American... WAIT... Dudley Do-right!!! Yea... that's the ticket!!! No... that's Jon Lovitz, another Yankee.... hmmm.... Second City TV!!! Now... they're the masterminds behind this whole invasion!!!! :lol:

I do believe you are correct! No#99 was the great one from Canada

Edited by caz1104

Glad we had some fun with this gang....and Maggie..I WAS worried when I read your email, but I see my mate Cher (Dogmatic) nipped it in the bud. She knows that Smee is my heroine...I mean hero...but now that I mention it, she IS kind of like a drug thru...hmmm

I don't think anyone mentioned William Shatner....Damn it Jim, I'm an American not a Canadian. ;)

• Upvote 2

This thread was really entertaining. I hope no feelings were damaged in the making of this thread, Eh! I dig Canadians. But, what's up with that metric system.....Weird! :lol:

GO RV, then BV

hahahahahaha

The truth about the Canadian Metric System

And I am old enough to remember this happening. Don't remember the years though. The mighty U S or A was preparing to change their own measurement standards to metric in order to standardize for overseas marketing. Just as the rest of the world considers French to be a second language in education and business and tourism, the metric system has been adopted by most other countries. They have kilometres rather than miles and litres rather than quarts. And who remembers what a peck is ... measuring system now guys, not what you have in mind. *sheesh*

So Canada, being a follow along country, keep everyone happy type of place, set up and actually instituted the metric system before the mighty U S of A got their act together and changed their system of measurement to metric. Then of all things to have happen, the mighty U S of A changed their tactics. It would cost too much, they said, to make such a change. If the rest of the world wishes to deal with the mighty U S of A they can darned well use the standard measurement system of the mighty U S of A, like it or lump it.

So there you had Canada, already changed over to the metric system, threatening butchers and bakers and even candlestick makers if they were to advertise, sell or package their marketable goods using the "old" standard of measurment. The metric system MUST be used and any instance of it not being used would incur a hefty fine.

Some of us grew a little bit of backbone and said NO. So, to this day I use terms like a quart of milk, and a pound of butter. Fortunately there are some things that did not change, like a dozen eggs and a ream of paper.

But, since the mighty U S of A ... okay I won't say it that way again, sorry (not really hahaha) ... decided against making the change, and Canada already had incurred the cost, and the wrath of the people, it was too late to go back. What an embarassement that would be for the Canadian government. Most embarassements committed by the Canadian government are completely ignored by the government because they don't even see that they are an embarassement. Too busy making love not war.

Anyway, that is what is up with the metric system.

Oh, a joke that floated about at that time ...

American driving in Canada, just a barrelling down the highway at 90 miles per hour. Gets stopped by policeman. Policeman points out the sign that says 90 KPH (kilometres per hour) and asks the driver what he thought he was doing? Driver says he is sorry but he doesn't read French.

Its a thought joke. It gets funny when you think about it.

I hope this helped to clear up any confusion you might have about the metric system in Canada.

:)

smee2