Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Great going, Florida

delta22

More info.................

Florida voters backed a law requiring welfare recipients to pass drug tests by a margin of 71 percent to 27 percent. Men, women, Republicans and independents all heavily supported the measure while Democrats were split.

Results are slowly rolling in more than a month after the state started drug testing welfare applicants.

According to the Department of Children and Families, since July 1, 2 percent of people hoping for temporary cash assistance tested positive for drugs. Ninety-six percent were drug free, and another 2 percent did not complete the test.

Welfare recipients are required to front the money for the drug test. The average cost of a drug test is about $30, and there are approved lab sites across the state.

"Obviously, people are reimbursed if they do pass those drug tests, and if they don't, then we do refer them to the appropriate substance-abuse providers to help them and also help families," DCF spokesman said.

A limited number of people are affected. There are 91,000 across the state.

I think we should also vote for the politicians to take the test !

Edited by bigpapa
  • Upvote 3

IMHO I think it is a waste of money. Why you ask? All they are doing is catching the stupid ones. It's too easy to pass a drug test, and reasonably cheap. Spending more than they're saving, but hey I'm no expert. :bulb: I got an idea. I'm sure you've heard it before. Let's stop federal funding for such programs. I bet each state takes a hard look at where that money goes. I got a good story that would go well with this, but I really don't like to type too much at one time. Thanks again Delta :)

• Downvote 2

Its a great idea and really this should be the norm for recieving anything that the normal tax payer has paid for basically .... the only draw back I can see is they are going to have a surge in crime rates from those that get banned for a year for failing the test.... just wait and see

• Upvote 3

Im in total agreement with the state of florida. IF you have the money to buy drugs....why do you need taxpayers money??? If it's to buy more drugs, perhaps you should find some form of employment and keep taxpayers money out of the drug houses....Better yet! stop the drug use...and perhaps you can earn your own money!....just saying

• Upvote 2

Im in total agreement with the state of florida. IF you have the money to buy drugs....why do you need taxpayers money??? If it's to buy more drugs, perhaps you should find some form of employment and keep taxpayers money out of the drug houses....Better yet! stop the drug use...and perhaps you can earn your own money!....just saying

Well said! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

GREAT

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL

Great going, Florida . You set the stage for the other 49 States to join! Kudos to Republican Governor Rick Scott for having the correctness and guts to move forward on this critical issue !

Hooray for Florida ! !

I-95 will be jammed for the next month or so........Druggies and deadbeats heading North out of Florida ..

Florida is the first state requiring drug testing to receive welfare!

Hooray for Florida !!!!

In signing the new law, Republican Gov. Rick Scott said, "If Floridians want welfare, they better make sure they are drug-free.

Applicants who test positive for illicit substances won't be eligible for the funds for a year, or until they undergo treatment.

Those who fail a second time would be banned from receiving funds for three years!

Naturally, a few people are crying this is unconstitutional.

How is this unconstitutional ?

It's completely legal that every other working people have to pass drug tests in order to get a J-O-B which supports those on welfare!

Forward if you agree!!

I applaud the state of Florida for finally setting the stage for the rest of the country in this drug testing program. For any group of politicians to come together in agreement on anything for the good of all is nothing short of a miracle. While this may not curb of the drug useage it will slow it down and give people a chance to get it right but in turn they must really be willing to help those who geniunely want to change. Children will be the greatly benefacter from it because families may be saved, attitudes may be changed and even tho it is a forced issue they had to start somewhere. Now Alabama needs to follow suit and the rest of the country in a domino effect.....The state can make happen what the FEDS don't want to do.

• Upvote 1

what a load of crap....just give them 4yrs to get there crap together then that's it, your done ,drugs or not your DONE.....wouldn't it be easier just to get them fixed :o :o :o

Edited by jaman
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

what a load of crap....just give them 4yrs to get there crap together then that's it, your done ,drugs or not your DONE.....wouldn't it be easier just to get them fixed :o :o :o

IF one subscribes to the Rosicrucian order then perhaps this is a good idea... For the rest of us, NOT! Okay, the four year thing isn't a bad idea, but if suggesting "get them fixed" was an attempt at humour it could be that you need to leave humour to the comedians. Hitler thought population control was a good idea. I disagree... B)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Un flippin believeable. Finally. I work in an inner city hospital. I can't tell you how many times I see a getto girl come in with her three kids from four different dads stomed off her tail. She's talking about when her next welfare check is coming to go out and buy a new TV for chr878sts sake. And we are paying for these people who just want to lay back and produce welfare checks and get stoned. I only wish it comes to all 50 states.

Here little pink piggy piggy :eyebrows:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I believe 2 years is enough time to get ones life in order. Reduce the burden on the taxpayer

Not a bad idea at all bigpapa... I think our politicians need to be held accountable in more ways than one!

Even today Ted Kennedy would fail a drug test-lol and Joe Biden questioned whether sugar pills were considered as a drug

Florida is the first state requiring drug testing to receive welfare!

Hooray for Florida !!!!

In signing the new law, Republican Gov. Rick Scott said, "If Floridians want welfare, they better make sure they are drug-free.

Applicants who test positive for illicit substances won't be eligible for the funds for a year, or until they undergo treatment.

Forward if you agree!!

I like!!! But anytime governement is involved there can be mistakes. I hope they have a very good system in place to react quickly to a mistake. Also, hair test may be more accurate and harder to beat.

Here is an idea how about we go back to the old system. We give them food staples instead of money. The farmers would be in business producing the staples for people in this country. These people would learn a whole new skill set cooking from scratch. Which is becoming a lost art. I even bet several would be motivated to figure out how to earn money to buy a TV. Which by the way is a privilege not a right. I have relatives, I am sad to say, who have no motivation to get a job because they are getting a check. If you saw what was in their grocery carts you would just shake your head in disgust.

IF one subscribes to the Rosicrucian order then perhaps this is a good idea... For the rest of us, NOT! Okay, the four year thing isn't a bad idea, but if suggesting "get them fixed" was an attempt at humour it could be that you need to leave humour to the comedians. Hitler thought population control was a good idea. I disagree... B)

I'm surprised that you would allow this type of behavior to persist ..to tell women have as many kids as you can't handle ..we'll help you...for free ,just keep making more...when I said get them fixed I ment just that ,put them on birth control that they can't take out with out a doctor visit,, until they themselves can prove that they financially can support themselves .it's about accountability :blink: :blink: :blink:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Un flippin believeable. Finally. I work in an inner city hospital. I can't tell you how many times I see a getto girl come in with her three kids from four different dads stomed off her tail. She's talking about when her next welfare check is coming to go out and buy a new TV for chr878sts sake. And we are paying for these people who just want to lay back and produce welfare checks and get stoned. I only wish it comes to all 50 states.

What is a "Ghetto Girl" ???

• Upvote 2

What is a "Ghetto Girl" ???

Girls that talk like truck drivers to thier kids and smack the kids around. They act like they are at the Four Star hotel demanding to have all the freetuff they could get.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

This is idiotic....Its a violation of personal freedom, since when does the government have a right to decide what you do in your free time?

Whats next a nicotine test before the fire department can put out a house fire? A backround check before the police can search for the people that robbed your house?

I CAN'T BELIEVE ANY ANY CONSTITUTIONAL CONSERVATIVE WOULD STAND FOR THIS LEVEL OF THEFT OF PERSONAL FREEDOMS!!!!

Just ABOLISH WELFARE and it'll solve the whole problem, don't make a move that will lead to ALL people losing their constitutional Rights!@!

Edited by donnydoright
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4