Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Man kills wife with AK-47

k98nights

20/09/2011 11:07

Salahaddin, Sept. 20 (AKnews) - A man allegedly shot his wife in Kifri, 130 km southeast of Kirkuk, using an AK-47 assault rifle.

Police found the assault rifle and a pistol, but has not yet arrested the alleged killer Mohammed M.

The woman, 32-year old Shilan T., a mother of seven children, was shot several times because of a "social issue", said Police Officer Arkan Fazil. He did not comment on questions if the murder was an "honor killing".

"Honor killings", the murder of a female relative in order to restore the honor of the family according to archaic ideas of honor, are a problem in the Kurdistan Region.

According to the Kurdistan Region's Directorate of Police, eight women have been killed in the first half of 2011 in honor killings, all in Erbil city.

In addition to that, the statistics also report 1210 cases of domestic violence against women since the beginning of the year.

reported by Bryar Mohammed

RY/CU/AKnews

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/3/262755/

20/09/2011 11:07

Salahaddin, Sept. 20 (AKnews) - A man allegedly shot his wife in Kifri, 130 km southeast of Kirkuk, using an AK-47 assault rifle.

Police found the assault rifle and a pistol, but has not yet arrested the alleged killer Mohammed M.

The woman, 32-year old Shilan T., a mother of seven children, was shot several times because of a "social issue", said Police Officer Arkan Fazil. He did not comment on questions if the murder was an "honor killing".

"Honor killings", the murder of a female relative in order to restore the honor of the family according to archaic ideas of honor, are a problem in the Kurdistan Region.

According to the Kurdistan Region's Directorate of Police, eight women have been killed in the first half of 2011 in honor killings, all in Erbil city.

In addition to that, the statistics also report 1210 cases of domestic violence against women since the beginning of the year.

reported by Bryar Mohammed

THANKS for the POST Woody

"Honor Killing" is that what they call KILLING/MURDERING a Mother of 7

Man O Howdy when this thing is over.If I never hear the word IRAQ again it will be 2 soon.

I cant imagine being a women living in Iraq. It is their way of life, I understand that but it is so sad to see how under valued the women are. I have often told my husband that I am so grateful to be living in America today.... We have so many freedoms so many things to make our lives easier and more comfortable. As messed up as things are here at times, I am always glad that I am here not there.......

• Upvote 3

These people are just plain savages, animals, undeserving of any kind of success. I honestly struggle with this whole investment. I struggle with with the possibility of making good money and allowing these animals to become a wealthy country VS losing money ensuring they fail. Its articals like this that make me feel morally that I would have to lean toward the loss.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

These people are just plain savages, animals, undeserving of any kind of success. I honestly struggle with this whole investment. I struggle with with the possibility of making good money and allowing these animals to become a wealthy country VS losing money ensuring they fail. Its articals like this that make me feel morally that I would have to lean toward the loss.

Why? Iraq's mores and ideology won't change overnight. Most of the Iraqi people are born and living in violence daily. I'm surprised that the number of murders of women is not higher. However, it is not up to me to judge their way of life. I am here to make money, not impose my value system on someone else.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

O god spare me. laugh.gif

Its the way of life over there and u know it.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I bet they have so many women there wanting to have unwed ed children there,maybe we should clean our own steps first :blink: I'm so proud of our young women here in the states ...A lady walks in to a welfare office with 9 kids all named Leroy, the social worker asked why they are named Leroy ,the social worker asked what if you needed to talk to one of them "she replied I call them by there last name" :P JMO,,,GO RV

Has anyone checked how jamb packed womens shelters are in our country because of domestic violence and abuse lately? have anyone of us checked the statistics of how many men are serving time because of murdering their wives and girlfriends in the good old USA? So how moral is our system? The media continues to spew this fecal matter and so many americans buy into how moral and good America is. There are injustices world wide that's true. But we ar

we are living in the most violent society probably second to Rome itself?

Sorry about the rant :(

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Has anyone checked how jamb packed womens shelters are in our country because of domestic violence and abuse lately? have anyone of us checked the statistics of how many men are serving time because of murdering their wives and girlfriends in the good old USA? So how moral is our system? The media continues to spew this fecal matter and so many americans buy into how moral and good America is. There are injustices world wide that's true. But we ar

we are living in the most violent society probably second to Rome itself?

Sorry about the rant :(

The difference is it is against the law and moral code here....in Sharia Law and the Muslim faith it is legal and encouraged.....big difference...

• Upvote 2

unreal how people our led around by the nose to believe idiotic teachings...reminds me of the kool aid drinking Jones cult and the suicide pact in California trying to catch the UFO behind Haley's comet...sharia law!...a way to imprison women and children by barbarians...if a lady was seen being abused or mistreated here the perpetrator would get his a** kicked up between his shoulders where his brain would be closer to his head...if you don't stand for something of value you will fall for anything worthless!

• Upvote 2

Why? Iraq's mores and ideology won't change overnight. Most of the Iraqi people are born and living in violence daily. I'm surprised that the number of murders of women is not higher. However, it is not up to me to judge their way of life. I am here to make money, not impose my value system on someone else.

Suicide among women in this region is also out of control, as well as in Afganistan.