Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Lower Denoms

rockinbaghdad

:D this was a great post thank you for the information....

There's only ONE problem--------------------------------------------------------------------the small denominations are NOT coming out until the RV--------------------------do you really think a 1 dinar worth $ .0008547 will really buy ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So,this is to be put in the category of BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey captain negitive look at the picture above your post there is a picture of one right there..... :P

As I said before.... He doesn't get out to talk to locals much.... He does not have a phone that will take pictures over there but he does have access to a camera. I have already e-mailed him so when he comes in on Friday morning, hopfully he will be able to get a chance to go out and get the pictures that I have requested. I beleive he is in Basra today, and that is where he saw these nots. Can't really keep track of him but never the less... he did not get this from a bank so if they are not open tomorrow.... shouldn't be a problem simply because he saws these from a local. I don't think he had intended to see these when he went out or he would have taken a camera for backup proof.... but now that he knows, I am sure that if at all posible, he will do what he can to get the proof. He, like the rest of us, is a " seeing is believing" kind of guy. That has been the only way we have kept our sanity through this. And Keepin.... If for nothing but you,I will promise him the world to get these pictures because if I can get you to believe.... I can die with the ultimate sense of accomplishment (lol) You are without a doubt the hardest nut to crack out of this whole group. I know how it is to sit and wait for someone to confirm and I wish I had pictures to show... wasn't going to post until I thought I could get them but I really just couldn't sit on this ..... I think we all just need something to hold on to somedays.

Again..... Only spend as much as your heart can afford........ but I will do what I can to get pictures . I will be able to talk to him again tomorrow.

Thanks for all your feedback. I really appreciate it. After all... we are all in this boat together.... just wanting the same thing.

Lynn

laugh.giflaugh.gif You do have a point....been around long enough and have heard so many posts about people that swear they have, or have seen lower denoms that my heart no longer skips beats laugh.gif Its nothing personal.....just seen alot of false information during my time here!!! Ill be looking forward to your follow up!

Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 11:26 AM

Boots on the ground info,

I just saw the ever elusive small denom dinar they are on the street in crisp clean new paper. I laid eyes on a 1, 2.5, 5, 10, 20, 100 dinar note. The Iraqi that had them said they were as he put it same same with us dollar. He also had a 1000,10.000, and a 25.000. He said he was saving them for cash in as they have started trying to collect them all at the banks. The Iraqi said they would be "once again as he put it", lot money same same as USD. I asked him if a lot of Iraqi still had the big denoms and he said most were to poor and had to use them to live off of and when they get paid again it is with the small bills. Sounds like they really are getting close to doing this; Now you have some real boots on the ground info.

Love Ya

Thanks! This is great news. Any chance of getting Ben to take a photo or two? This would be super if you could do that. Thanks for sharing with us!

So , what do we do now ??? :rolleyes:

Well Possum, we just put our seats in the upright position and wait for the landing gear to drop, as we make another approach of the elusive runway we've been circling for the past several years. Just waiting for clearance from the tower. If we can wake up the air traffic controller, we may have a shot at an actual landing before too long. Hope no more fly by's will be authorized. Pray we all have a safe landing. :lol:

• Upvote 1

for the people that has been in this since early years, has this same type scuttlebutt be floating or is this a case where there's smoke there is fire? GO RV!!!! i have not been involved that long. It seems that there is alot of RV talk with different takes on the story. especially from people in country or just out? just wondering!! :huh:

laugh.giflaugh.gif You do have a point....been around long enough and have heard so many posts about people that swear they have, or have seen lower denoms that my heart no longer skips beats laugh.gif Its nothing personal.....just seen alot of false information during my time here!!! Ill be looking forward to your follow up!

:lol: How are you still a junior member and also your 100 years old????? :P We may need to get in touch with management on this one..... :lol: GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif How are you still a junior member and also your 100 years old????? tongue.gif We may need to get in touch with management on this one..... laugh.gif GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!

LOL I know right!! What gives?? What really determines that? Ive freakin been here forever!! Hahaha MAVS GOT TONIGHT IN THE BAG!!!

• Upvote 1

Now this is a great rumor. By all means if he can get a picture of these notes, please post it here for us. Tell your husband we appreciate his service for country and his boots on the ground info.

I agree. This is excellent news! Would love to see some pics if at all possible. Thank you for the post RockingBaghdad!

LOL I know right!! What gives?? What really determines that? Ive freakin been here forever!! Hahaha MAVS GOT TONIGHT IN THE BAG!!!

You joined 2 months before me and have 2570 post to my 380?????? Senior member here and I'm not even close to 100...... :lol: We really need this game tonight.... GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know i thought this post would be the same as most the other rumors out there until i saw something that made me smile. the term "same same" , any one who has spent anytime at all in the ME would recognize this as almost as common as En Shah Allah, or Bokra Bada Bokra. Im not saying the rumor turns out but it sure leeds to some credibility for me.

Pleasant Valley.... if she can get her hubby to send pictures of those lower denoms... can she "then post in the NEWS section"? PLEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE!!!!!!! tongue.gif

If she has legitimate (I can pretty much confirm with just a few mins research) pictures of lower denominations, some of which you mentioned are not what we've heard rumored in the past --- I'll beg Adam to make her her own darn topic! lol

• Upvote 1

It does kind of sound like a lop but he did state that they were saving the large bills for cash in. If they were able.

I disagree. If there is one thing that my snotty banker told me that correlates to her post is that the notes will "coexist" with each other. It makes sense if they are just rolling out the lowers that some Iraqis would be holding on to the larger notes. The two notes would have to be in circulation together.

I disagree. If there is one thing that my snotty banker told me that correlates to her post is that the notes will "coexist" with each other. It makes sense if they are just rolling out the lowers that some Iraqis would be holding on to the larger notes. The two notes would have to be in circulation together.

Well taking from examples from the past, two currencies existing together does happen with a lop.....its not normally a required immeditate exchange....for example when germany did they had two diff prices in the market...one for the old bills and one for the new....same with turkey....and actually a friend from moldova told me the same when it happened in his country.....they RD but both bills existed for sometime until they retrieved all the older bills......heres to hoping iraq doesnt do the same!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well taking from examples from the past, two currencies existing together does happen with a lop.....its not normally a required immeditate exchange....for example when germany did they had two diff prices in the market...one for the old bills and one for the new....same with turkey....and actually a friend from moldova told me the same when it happened in his country.....they RD but both bills existed for sometime until they retrieved all the older bills......heres to hoping iraq doesnt do the same!

Keep, you just can't pass up an opportunity to bang that LOP drum can you? :lol:

• Upvote 3

Keep, you just can't pass up an opportunity to bang that LOP drum can you? laugh.gif

LOL just wanna make things clear....you know I dont wanna lop....i want an RV just as much as anyone.....but i will call out when a situation could go either way....sorry for poppin any bubbles!! laugh.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Everyone, everyone! May I have your attention please? Keep wants you all to know that he is open to the possibility of a LOP. Thank you for your attention. You may all return to seeing rainbows, believing in fairies, and farting pixie dust. That is all.

I plus one'd you too.

• Upvote 1

Everyone, everyone! May I have your attention please? Keep wants you all to know that he is open to the possibility of a LOP. Thank you for your attention. You may all return to seeing rainbows, believing in fairies, and farting pixie dust. That is all.

I plus one'd you too.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I dont undertand where in keepm's response did he mention a LOP. Only that he would like photo proof.

Darin was kidding Keepm. The past is prose, so to speak. Reread the post.

I agree...this has the potential to be good news, but it is the "Weekened" now in Iraq, so time to wait and see...I am not bashing the original post, just hoping like everyone else this is true.

Pictures will almost do it...

I can understand how they could have two currencies while they introduce new smaller bills. That doesn't mean our 25K notes are without value or only $25. Certainly the potential still exists for a $1-$4 RV even with NEW smaller denoms starting to be circulated, and RV should then be imminent! In that way they effectively have a LOP (meaning large bills disappear) by buying-out and removing the larger bills (like the USA $1000 bill) that are unnecessary and impractical in a stable post-RV economy.

I vote for 1 Dinar = $3.86, before June 30 [2011], who's with me?

OMG! I vote with you!

25,000 IQD note = 250 ($100) IQD notes. This is not saying that the 25,000 notes can not be used at all. They must be exchanged for smaller notes at the bank/establishment one would purchase things at(groceries,automobiles,shopping malls) anything that uses cash transactions. As we turn in IQD the bank with send our notes to the UST and they will than use it to purchase oil at a set agreed price. The UST will wire our banks $ and they will deposit money into our accounts. I would reccomend doing some research into this whole IQD RV thing and take the spoon out of your mouth.

I smell a Lopster! wink.gif

Edited by RodandStaff